Auto-Save Draft feature temporarily disabled. Please be sure you manually save your post by selecting "Save Draft" if you have that need.

Anyone want to shape up in 2018? A continuing journey.......

1737475767779»

Comments

• markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SCPosts: 4,616
    You're welcome! Hope your workouts go well!
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of foreverPosts: 22,332
    You know what pisses me right off?  I was getting into my workout routine, got the wrist and ankle weights, geared UP in my head and I knew my body could take it. 

Now, I have pancreatitis and can’t do any kind of exercise. Haven’t for two weeks. And I’ve lost ten goddamn pounds because of this. I need them!

Yeah yeah, this too shall pass and I will do my utmost keep it together till then, but oh man...

George is getting angry!

• GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NYPosts: 2,072
    hedonist said:
    You know what pisses me right off?  I was getting into my workout routine, got the wrist and ankle weights, geared UP in my head and I knew my body could take it. 

Now, I have pancreatitis and can’t do any kind of exercise. Haven’t for two weeks. And I’ve lost ten goddamn pounds because of this. I need them!

Yeah yeah, this too shall pass and I will do my utmost keep it together till then, but oh man...

George is getting angry!

Oh no. I am so sorry to hear you are ill. Pancreatitis can be so painful. Losing weight when you don’t need to sucks. I have been there. You are right that this will pass and soon you will be strapping on those weights. I hope you feel better soon. Stay strong 💪💪
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there.Posts: 38,337
    Any rowing machine fans in the building?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NYPosts: 2,072
    I don't use them regularly since I run, and get enough cardio - but the few times I have used them I liked it. It was really hard, and definitely left me out of breath.

• oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BCPosts: 11,560
    Yes. 

YOU ARE as well?
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    edited November 18
    Yes. 

YOU ARE as well?
    H
    A
    HA

YOU FUNNY!

I'm contemplating what might be a really stupid purchase at the moment. But this Hydrow machine has caught my eye......
    chinese-happy.jpg
    I'll be the lone dissenter and say that I loathe those machines. 
    Too boring? I like them for the low impact as my back is always acting up. 

This one is a smart rower, though. So makes it a lot more engaging. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Too boring? I like them for the low impact as my back is always acting up. 

This one is a smart rower, though. So makes it a lot more engaging. 
    It stems from the time when I had a personal trainer. I had a few trainers there over a span of about 2 years and they all loved the row machine. That would be fine, but they were all into seeing how fast you could row X meters and then try to beat that next time. That just really made me dislike them. I suppose I could give it a try again without worrying about time, but right now I would just rather get on the treadmill for my cardio.
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,290
    I also think the row machine is highly overrated.
    It has the same problem as elliptical and bike...It's either too hard on certain muscles to get a good cardio going, or it's too easy to get either a good cardio OR strength improvement.  It tries to be both, and I don't believe that is possible. Separate strength and conditioning if you want either to see real progress.
    That being said, for general overall fitness for people at the average fitness/training level (which is pretty novice, average or not) it's a nice workout!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?