Options

Anyone want to shape up in 2018? A continuing journey.......

Comments

• Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,115
    Measurement/weigh-in day today. Judging by my scale, weight has been holding pretty constant, but my clothes have been fitting better. Will be interested to see the BMI and body fat %.
  • Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697

Measurement/weigh-in day today. Judging by my scale, weight has been holding pretty constant, but my clothes have been fitting better. Will be interested to see the BMI and body fat %.

The scale isn't near as important as the belt.Muscles weighs more than fat.Keep it up dude.
  • Options
    Gambsy W/ the verb of the day =Pearl Jamming!
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,258
    It will be interesting to see how our motivation changes as we become more comfortable completing our exercise goals.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    Ms. Haiku said:

It will be interesting to see how our motivation changes as we become more comfortable completing our exercise goals.

Complacency is for the weak!

Seriously though, I think it may be harder to maintain once one reaches their ultimate goal. I hope to find out if that's the case in a few months.
  • Options
    Very proud of my measurement day results. Weight down, BMI down, lost inches from my chest and waist. Muscle mass going up. Still a ways to go, but very encouraging.

Keep up all the good work everyone!
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    I have been weak. But no more! 4 weeks from tomorrow baby!!!
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Ms. Haiku said:

I slipped up for a couple days...it's like a floodgate, once you open the door to junk food and skipping workouts the deluge is hard to control.

I cracked 189... That was my highest weight prior to the baby weight, so I am almost not the fattest I have ever been lol
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    When you get to a point where maintaining is your goal,that's when you start tweeking workouts,Alter rep,weight and intensity.Also you start to really focus on the fuel you put in your body and fine tune supplementation and protein intake.It never really gets to point where you are content to just be .There is always another goal.Always more of a better you.
  • Options
    20 degrees this morning and I did not want to get up and run.
    I have been skipping about half my runs and my weight has been hovering around 189 as a result. So, with a week and a half left I am going to try to push hard and do the best I can.
    I am at 187.7 this morning, so I think I can get down to 183 before we leave for South Carolina.
    Good luck y'all!
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    Somebody please tell me that if you've been in shape before, and you slip up (or rather roll your ankle really bad and can't maintain workouts), when you start working out again, it's easier for your body to get back to where it was pre-injury.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDY said:

Somebody please tell me that if you've been in shape before, and you slip up (or rather roll your ankle really bad and can't maintain workouts), when you start working out again, it's easier for your body to get back to where it was pre-injury.

Yeah, definitely...unless you are down for like a year or more.
  • Options
    RKCNDY said:

As long as you let your ankle heal completely, you should be ok. I tend to try to get back to the workouts too early and wind up aggravating it even more to the point where I just have to stop for a couple of weeks. The first couple of workouts are a little tougher (especially if I let the diet go too), but it's no time at all before I'm back to where I was pre injury.
  • Options
    L,with Muscle memory you will be fine.You don't carry a lot of excess anyway.You should snap right back.
  • Options
    Ok cool. I was in shape, then rolled my ankle really bad (somewhere in th m-f'er thread) , when that was healed, I started back up, then on vacation pulled my Achilles tendon, when that healed, I if course pulled the rotator cuff. Then fell down and sprained my wrist.

I may or may not be a tad clumsy.

rr, I would like to lose 30, I'll be happy with 25.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    Achilles tendon injuries really suck. Had one a while back. Seemed like it would never get better. I felt like an old man any time I had to go up or down stairs.
  • Options
    L,why not start with something that both helps speed up the healing process and also helps strengthen the surrounding muscles,tendons and ligaments.Sounds like your klutzy ass could use all the protection and support you can get.lol
    I would look into some Pilates and Yoga classes or sessions and I would also incorporate some low impact Band work,to help keep with a little resistance work.Im sure you could do some seated toning exercises also.
    I know the challenge you face with the shoulder,you know I'm dealing with a torn rotator as well.Because I'm a meathead,every time I think it's better,I fuck it up again.ehhh.So we have to cherry pick what we can do.
    I'm glad to go into some of these options in more detail if you so desire,just Let me know.
    Does Mr.RK workout?
  • Options
    Mr. RK workout? :rofl:

Sure, send me some stuff to work on until I'm ok'd to get back to p90x3

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    L,Ill hit you up tnite.
  • Options
    I have p90x just sitting in a box. Maybe I should dust it off?
  • Options
    First time on the treadmill since March 10. Oops. Oh well, at least I did something - 3 miles in segments.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    Sprunkn7 said:

I have p90x just sitting in a box. Maybe I should dust it off?

P90x is *THE* best home workout. It's long-sessions are 60-120 minutes-but I was in such awesome shape! P90x3 is very similar, but the workouts are 30 minutes long. Also, I didn't do the diet they suggested (with the Shakeology) but I did get some tips on diet in the P90x thread I started a while back...watching your food intake is VERY important. If you eat crap, your workouts will be crap. As soon as I cleaned up my food, the workouts were so much easier.

Thanks rr!

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    3 miles in segments on a treadmill. I'm happy with it. C'mon little engine that could, you can do it.
  • Options
    I have been skipping fewer runs, but I have still been skipping 3 or 4 out of 7... Weight is down to 185 so I pretty much hit my goal, but I'm not very satisfied with it, I'd like to hit 180.
    Keep pushing I guess, we leave for the Carolinas in week from today.
  • Options
    Legs and biceps day at the gym later today. Love doing leg day, hate it the day after :lol:

Overall about halfway to my goal. Would have liked to have been closer than this for the shows, but I'm still proud of how far I've come. Also proud of my wife as she's been in on this journey as well.
  • Options
    I have been so busy at work I did a big backward slide! How fast weight comes back on when it's not my main focus :angry: Bad bad bad! And when the f*uck is it going to warm up here? Freeze warnings again for tonight. Since i quit the gym so I could exercise more outside the weather has gone to pot. Bitch bitch moan moan. Maybe I am sabotaging my success? Now WHY would I do that?
  • Options
    Sprunkn7 said:

I have been so busy at work I did a big backward slide! How fast weight comes back on when it's not my main focus :angry: Bad bad bad! And when the f*uck is it going to warm up here? Freeze warnings again for tonight. Since i quit the gym so I could exercise more outside the weather has gone to pot. Bitch bitch moan moan. Maybe I am sabotaging my success? Now WHY would I do that?

Challenges, though annoying, are kind of fun. They add the spice, the kick, the full-blooded spark. You did it before you'll do it again. Good luck!
  • Options
    Thanks Ms. H...will meet the challenge :bee:
  • Options
    Thanks Ms. H...will meet the challenge :bee:
  • Options
    When you use onions in your cooking do you either use them raw or fried? Is there another way to cook onions?