Options

Anyone want to shape up in 2018? A continuing journey.......

Comments

• Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    Ms. Haiku said:

When you use onions in your cooking do you either use them raw or fried? Is there another way to cook onions?

I cook them down until they are brown and caramelized.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,258
    RKCNDY said:

Ms. Haiku said:

When you use onions in your cooking do you either use them raw or fried? Is there another way to cook onions?

Is that fried or do you put them over heat without liquid?
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    Ms. Haiku said:

RKCNDY said:

Ms. Haiku said:

Is that fried or do you put them over heat without liquid?
    In a saucepan I put in 3-4 tablespoons of olive oil, heat over medium-high, toss in half of a chopped onion (i like yellow as they are sweeter), turn heat to med-low, stir occasionally until golden brown. It takes about 10 minutes or so.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    edited April 2016
    Well, tomorrow is the last day of the shape up challenge I set for myself. I had to go back to page 7 to see what the goal was lol
    I was 220 and set a goal of 40lbs in 75 days.
    I won't make it to 180 but I am under 185 so 35+ lost and we will see what the Friday official end weight is, I am excited! I am pretty proud of my progress, and I am glad I had this community to log my work and be encouraged by everyone else.
    I will come and post a link with some pictures from our hiking and Pearl Jam trip next week.
    Keep at it folks, one day at a time!
    Post edited by rgambs on
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    rgambs said:

Well, tomorrow is the last day of the shape up challenge I set for myself. I had to go back to page 7 to see what the goal was lol
    I was 220 and set a goal of 40lbs in 70 or so days.
    I won't make it to 180 but I am under 185 so 35+ lost and we will see what the Friday official end weight is, I am excited! I am pretty proud of my progress, and I am glad I had this community to log my work and be encouraged by everyone else.
    I will come and post a link with some pictures from our hiking and Pearl Jam trip next week.

Great job! Congratulations :)
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,115
    rgambs said:

Agreed with Ms. H, great job.

Hope my fellow South Carolinians are hospitable to you and your crew on your visit.
  • Options
    My trainer killed me today though. Basically a full body workout that was really high intensity and short rest periods. If we had done this one a couple of months ago I'd be dfo'd at the gym. :lol:
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    rgambs said:

Congrats!
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    The AkkusThe Akkus Posts: 1,093
    I am late to the party, but I am here to support everyone, and use your support as well. We got this :)
    1998 - Noblesville * Knoxville
    2000 - Noblesville * Cincinnati * Columbus
    2003 - Lexington * East Troy * Noblesville* Columbus
    2006 - Cincinnati
    2008 - NYC night 1 * NYC night 2
    2009 - EV Solo Nashville
    2010 - Columbus * Noblesville * Cleveland
    2011 - East Troy night 1 * East Troy night 2
    2014 - Cincinnati
    2016 - Greenville * Lexington
  • Options
    We do indeed, lots of people here working their asses off!
  • Options
    Great job rgambs!

I'm still doing PT, caught a cold last week and lost 6 pounds so far.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    Thanks everybody I appreciate the sentiments!

Final weigh is was 182.4, so I came up 2 lbs short of my goal of 40 in 75 days...
    Not too shabby!
  • Options
    rgambs said:

Thanks everybody I appreciate the sentiments!

Final weigh is was 182.4, so I came up 2 lbs short of my goal of 40 in 75 days...
    Not too shabby!

Have fun hiking and seeing the show, rgambs!
  • Options
    The Akkus said:

I am late to the party, but I am here to support everyone, and use your support as well. We got this :)

Welcome! Good luck to you in your fitness endeavors!
  • Options
    My heartbeat got a little fluttery last night. I had hoped an increase in potassium foods would have helped. Maybe it did because it was only overnight and I'm back to normal. In January an event lasted four days.

I forgot that exercise was supposed to help. I'll rest up the next couple days and then I will be more committed to an exercise plan.
  • Options

My trainer killed me today though. Basically a full body workout that was really high intensity and short rest periods. If we had done this one a couple of months ago I'd be dfo'd at the gym. :lol:

Progress, awesome!
  • Options
    Did anyone see the Facebook post trashing the bearded guy with a baby?
    That was me!
    :)
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Finally feel like Spring is here! Headed to the beach for a walk on the sand (for those glutes :-) )
    Post edited by Sprunkn7 on
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    After a week or two at around 203 I finally went below. I'm at 201.8 now. I'm surprised since I had 4 slices of pizza yesterday.
  • Options
    rgambs said:

That was me!

Was the baby in a halter facing you with blue and white sneakers? I tried to find that picture and I couldn't find it. Did you have fun? Did rgambs, jr. have fun?
  • Options

After a week or two at around 203 I finally went below. I'm at 201.8 now. I'm surprised since I had 4 slices of pizza yesterday.

Way to go, InHiding80!
  • Options
    3 miles in segments. It felt good.
  • Options
    rgambs said:

That was me!

I'll check it out. Have a link?
  • Options
    I didn't see the FB post, but I did get a picture to confirm that it was rgambs himself.
  • Options
    I guess you could say I got my first non-family compliment today. Kind of bothers me though. They told me I was just wasting away. I guess it's good that people are noticing, but that just felt like it was trivializing all the work I've put in and am just starving myself or something like that. Maybe I'm just being too sensitive about it.
  • Options

I guess you could say I got my first non-family compliment today. Kind of bothers me though. They told me I was just wasting away. I guess it's good that people are noticing, but that just felt like it was trivializing all the work I've put in and am just starving myself or something like that. Maybe I'm just being too sensitive about it.

I give you permission to be annoyed. :)
  • Options
    3 miles in segments. Worked a little harder and it felt good. Yay, me!
  • Options
    Ms. Haiku said:

I give you permission to be annoyed. :)
    Thanks. I mean, I feel silly for feeling that way and I know I should just brush it off!
    Ms. Haiku said:

3 miles in segments. Worked a little harder and it felt good. Yay, me!

:clap: Good job! I always love the endorphin rush of an intense workout.
  • Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    Mark,What was the physical condition of those folks who said your wasting away?
    We got to break it down to build it up.You sir are on the path to well being ,strength and fitness.That scares people who do not have the drive to make it happen in their own lives.
  • Options
    rr165892 said:

Mark,What was the physical condition of those folks who said your wasting away?
    We got to break it down to build it up.You sir are on the path to well being ,strength and fitness.That scares people who do not have the drive to make it happen in their own lives.

They aren't in the best of shape, so you make a good point.