Options

Anyone want to shape up in 2018? A continuing journey.......

Comments

• Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697

rr165892 said:

Entered the zone that is known as Beast Mode today. Hit 200 lbs on the machine bench press (highest weight achieved for upper body) and finally did a continuous 2 mile run! I had been trying to get to 2 miles for about 3 weeks. Now just have to see if I can consistently get there. On such an endorphin high right now! I will probably be dead to the world in a couple of hours.

Hope my good workout energy gives you all the momentum you need to reach your next goal/milestone.

Hitting the weights will really help your body transform.Keep it up.Way better then the running.
    I can definitely tell the lifting is working. Been at for just over a year and I am much stronger and getting better muscle definition. I would much rather lift than run, so there's no way I'm cutting that out! I just do the cardio to help expedite calorie loss.
    There's a few of us on these boards who are longtime meathead gym rats.If you ever need lifting advice or exercise and supplement recommendations ,or variations to current exercises to hit the muscles from a different approach ,please feel free to ask.Always enjoy testosterone filled lifting talk.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    I felt shitty this morning, cranky and hungry even though I feasted last night. I feel like 6 weeks of 1200 or less net calories a day fell on my shoulders all at once. If I was home I would have stayed strong, but working on the road, driving by the gloriously disgusting fast food joints... I bought a scale and then
    Taco Bell happened and I felt shittier.
    But...

I weighed in at home and I did lose an extra half pound last week!! Hell yeah!! Salad for dinner and I bam, back in the saddle
    199.9!
    In six weeks I lost 20 pounds. I wanted to lose 30 in that time, but losing a half pound a day is not something I should be dissatisfied with. I will still be more than 10 pounds too heavy for my clothes, but I will be steaming up those mountains with the baby no problem!

Keep at it folks, every little bit counts. It's like any other large task, you take it one bit at a time and stick with it.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,115
    rr165892 said:

rr165892 said:

Entered the zone that is known as Beast Mode today. Hit 200 lbs on the machine bench press (highest weight achieved for upper body) and finally did a continuous 2 mile run! I had been trying to get to 2 miles for about 3 weeks. Now just have to see if I can consistently get there. On such an endorphin high right now! I will probably be dead to the world in a couple of hours.

Hope my good workout energy gives you all the momentum you need to reach your next goal/milestone.

Hitting the weights will really help your body transform.Keep it up.Way better then the running.
    I can definitely tell the lifting is working. Been at for just over a year and I am much stronger and getting better muscle definition. I would much rather lift than run, so there's no way I'm cutting that out! I just do the cardio to help expedite calorie loss.
    There's a few of us on these boards who are longtime meathead gym rats.If you ever need lifting advice or exercise and supplement recommendations ,or variations to current exercises to hit the muscles from a different approach ,please feel free to ask.Always enjoy testosterone filled lifting talk.
    Cool. Appreciate it.
  • Options
    Great job rgambs! 20 pounds in 6 weeks is great. Keep at it and those other 10 will be gone in no time.
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,258
    Congratulations, rgambs!
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    Thanks guys! It's midnight and the baby won't sleep so the 6am run is gonna blow lol
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    Awww. How old is the baby?
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    FoxyRedLa said:

Awww. How old is the baby?

11 months almost, he's really a toddler already, started walking before 10 months.
    Didn't give up until 1am so I skipped the early run and will squeeze it in at 10pm tonight I hope.
  • Options
    Omg. How cute! I am up easily 3 times a night between my 2 little ones. I'll get to sleep again someday! :tongue:
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    Really impressed with everyone! I hit a wall but still plugging along. I know one day I'll wake up and be like, yup..I have a waist again! So weird how it just kind of happens over night. All this work and you see nothing then it just happens.

I didn't get overweight by one meal or two. it was hundreds! Had yummy short ribs with butternut squash for lunch. Happy as a clam!
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    I'm cranky, have a headache and want all the bad foods today. WTH???
  • Options
    Sprunkn7 said:

I'm cranky, have a headache and want all the bad foods today. WTH???

Bad foods would make me happy today. Yay!

If I had an almond cookie near me I would become that almond cookie. But, no, same ol' same ol' me.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    I would suggest the joys of womanhood.....
  • Options
    FoxyRedLa said:

Hahaha it could be the joys of manhood, cranky, horny, and want to eat all the bad foods!
  • Options
    FoxyRedLa said:

Hahaha it could be the joys of manhood, cranky, horny, and want to eat all the bad foods!
  • Options
    Hahaha so sorry rgambs!
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Used the stationary bike with music. This thread made me think of "I Want Candy" by the Bow Wow Wows and how it is a good workout song. :)
    Post edited by Ms. Haiku on
  • Options
    Ms. Haiku said:

Used the stationary bike with music. This thread made me think of "I Want Candy" by the Bow Wow Wows and how it is a good workout song. :)

If I go on the bike can I have candy too? lol...you are correct, a fun workout song to be sure.

Feeling much better today and glad I held out yesterday. The old me would have went for a big mac and some ice cream then would have felt super guilty about it. The new me suffered in silence (except for my bitchin post on here), had a high protein dinner with veggies and went to bed. Woke up this morning happy, yay!
  • Options
    Sprunkn7 said:

Woke up this morning happy, yay!

Wonderful, Sprunkn7!

• Options
    edited March 2016
    6 weeks from today I'll be in Philly. Just thinking about that motivates me to stay on course. I've had some ups and downs but my everyday eating habits have gotten much better. Ideally I would like to lose another 10 pounds. ( I changed my final weight and added 5 more pounds to my goal) Will I do it by 4/28? I think so!
    I went back and looked at my original post and my main goal was to eat healthier foods. I let go the weight issue to deal with that. After 2 weeks of the Whole30 I went to Whole30ish...2 meals a week where I can have anything I want, including alcohol, but clean eating all the other meals. Also I am "sneaking" a little cheese in when I know it will just top off the food. it isn't a lot believe me, but It's not Paleo or Whole30 compliant.
    This seems to be working for me. I plan every meal. I thought it would be $$ but I'm actually saving a lot of money not eating out. I pack every work day breakfast lunch and snack. I know whats for dinner and most of it is already prepped when I get home. This is what I really wanted for myself and I'm super charged that it's working! I'll weigh in on Monday but that won't stop me from enjoying a nice Palm Sunday dinner. I feel great not living with anymore food guilt!!!
    Post edited by Sprunkn7 on
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    Finally got my first PT session today...impingement of the shoulder...basically swimmer's/thrower's shoulder.

6 weeks of PT and I should be able to start P90x3 again...I have cut way back on my portions, so down 8 pounds since February. Not bad for not working out at all.

Good job everybody!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    Haha. I hate reading some of these :lol: - jealousy!
  • Options
    I am happy with how I look so far in 2016. What do you think?
  • Options
    If I hit an 8-minute mile I'm writing a book about it and inspire people. I would inspire me if I was me reading about someone like me who ran an 8-minute mile.
  • Options
    Ms. Haiku said:

If I hit an 8-minute mile I'm writing a book about it and inspire people. I would inspire me if I was me reading about someone like me who ran an 8-minute mile.

yea, I would read it :clap:
  • Options
    Can I get a signed copy?
  • Options
    Decent workout yesterday. Ab workout from Wednesday is killing me though.
  • Options
    Ms. Haiku said:

There's no If, you WILL hit that 8 minute mile!! Just keep pushing every day and then wait for that day when you are warmed up and feel really strong (it takes me 3/4 to a mile and a quarter to hit that strong feeling) set the timer and just beat feet like there's a bear on your tail. I picture myself chasing down a buffalo with the whole tribe counting on me back at camp.
    I couldn't do it on a treadmill, of that I am sure. Too much focus going into balance and foot placement, I have to be able to get my horse gallop on. It's probably just a result of only ever having done 10 miles or so on a treadmill, never had one, never had a gym membership. I'm archaic lol

Progress is marching along, I leave for SC hiking, camping and Pearl Jamming in four weeks and I am at 196lbs right this moment. 24lbs down in 7 weeks since I started on Feb 1st. It has been a struggle, but seeing the results had kept me afloat. I have been eating 1200 calories a day, running 2 miles a day, and lifting weights twice a week. It takes some serious willpower to only eat a Powerbar or tuna packet for lunch, but it leaves me about a thousand calories for dinner so I have a decent meal every day. The weather has been nice and Dr Gambs has been off work some so she watches the babe and I work on the endless list of things that need done to create and maintain a 3 acre "hobby farm". I wish there was a way to calculate how many calories you burn when you are painting, fence-post digging, clearing brush, raking gravel, etc. I know it wears me out more than my 300 calorie-burning jogs do, and these last 2 weeks I have lost an extra half pound each as a result.
    Keep at it folks, find motivation where you can. Plan a vacation that will REQUIRE weight loss and fitness gains. Always works for me. I don't mean a beach trip where you want to look good without clothes on, I mean an adventure that will push you.
    If anybody needs an idea hit me up, I have adventure travelled extensively and I have experience in every region of the US. Off the top of my head, I would suggest Nelson Rocks http://www.nrocks.com for Ms Haiku.

Longest post ever? Sorry lol
  • Options
    rgambs said:

Off the top of my head, I would suggest Nelson Rocks http://www.nrocks.com for Ms Haiku.

Eeek! Where's the coffee bar?!

• Options
    I do wish I had more time to commit to myself.

Up @ 5 am. Home from work @ 6pm. 6 days a week.

When I get home I have 8 sets of eyes looking at me and 4 mouths that don't stop talking :lol: just not enough mum to go around. And if someone gets sick oh man look out haha they need extra attention hehe.

Anyways. I'm sorry my posts don't help anyone.