Options

Anyone want to shape up in 2018? A continuing journey.......

Comments

• Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Ms. Haiku said:

rgambs said:

Off the top of my head, I would suggest Nelson Rocks http://www.nrocks.com for Ms Haiku.

Eeek! Where's the coffee bar?!

Coffee bar? I don't even know what that is lol
    They have a coffee pot, does that count?
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    FoxyRedLa said:

I do wish I had more time to commit to myself.

Up @ 5 am. Home from work @ 6pm. 6 days a week.

When I get home I have 8 sets of eyes looking at me and 4 mouths that don't stop talking :lol: just not enough mum to go around. And if someone gets sick oh man look out haha they need extra attention hehe.

Anyways. I'm sorry my posts don't help anyone.

You work too darn much! Give yourself a break!
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    I have about an hour drive to/from work so gotta get up early and then I get home later. That's my average schedule. I have normal days off and weekends off when need be.

I do what I can while I'm at work. And pretty much every day that means working past a traditional 8. I'm not trying to sound like an ass but the work I do people depend on and they expect above and beyond 24/7. They're not coming to me because they want to.

Lmao! And I shouldn't have even brought this up haha I don't like to tell people where I work so don't ask :lol:
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    FoxyRedLa said:

I have about an hour drive to/from work so gotta get up early and then I get home later. That's my average schedule. I have normal days off and weekends off when need be.

I do what I can while I'm at work. And pretty much every day that means working past a traditional 8. I'm not trying to sound like an ass but the work I do people depend on and they expect above and beyond 24/7. They're not coming to me because they want to.

Lmao! And I shouldn't have even brought this up haha I don't like to tell people where I work so don't ask :lol:

I understand, I used to work in surgery and I would stay late for people that depended on us and didn't come because they wanted to lol

It was fulfilling, but we couldn't handle city living so we moved back into the stix and now I work part time distributing diabetes for 7-Up! Lol
  • Options
    rgambs said:

FoxyRedLa said:

I understand, I used to work in surgery and I would stay late for people that depended on us and didn't come because they wanted to lol

It was fulfilling, but we couldn't handle city living so m..but by moved back into the stix and now I work part time distributing diabetes for 7-Up! Lol
    Wow! Surgery - that's a whole lot of different stress! I don't quite live in the stix but definitely country living and always have. Wouldn't have it any other way.

Hahahaha and it took me longer than I'd like to admit to figure out what distrubuting for 7-up meant bahaha - this is what I read, that you now distrubute diabetes to 7 and up like children haha like thinking you worked with diabetic kids haha. I can read I promise haha I just don't get much sleep!
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,115
    Workout for today is a full day of "manwork" that rgambs mentioned a few posts back. Have to replace part of the railing on the front porch, paint all the railing, and get started on a shit-ton of yard work I've been putting off. I will be tired tonight.
  • Options

Workout for today is a full day of "manwork" that rgambs mentioned a few posts back. Have to replace part of the railing on the front porch, paint all the railing, and get started on a shit-ton of yard work I've been putting off. I will be tired tonight.

Wouldn't it be nice to know how many calories it burns?? Fitbit doesn't know does it? If so maybe I will get one. I spent about 6 hours squatted down painting and placing raised beds for blueberry bushes and my hammies are sore as hell!
  • Options
    FoxyRedLa said:

rgambs said:

FoxyRedLa said:

It was fulfilling, but we couldn't handle city living so m..but by moved back into the stix and now I work part time distributing diabetes for 7-Up! Lol
    Wow! Surgery - that's a whole lot of different stress! I don't quite live in the stix but definitely country living and always have. Wouldn't have it any other way.

Hahahaha and it took me longer than I'd like to admit to figure out what distrubuting for 7-up meant bahaha - this is what I read, that you now distrubute diabetes to 7 and up like children haha like thinking you worked with diabetic kids haha. I can read I promise haha I just don't get much sleep!
    Hahaha nope, I don't work with kids I just work at keeping America obese by making sure the shelves are stocked with Sunkist, 7Up, A&W, and other sugary beverages.
  • Options
    Sounds good to me!
  • Options
    After starting the week with a Crunchwrap combo and a quesadilla (yes, all at once :blush: ) for lunch, I knuckled down and pushed through the week. At my "official" weigh in I am down 5lbs this week!!

Cheatloaf dinner tonight! Ow ow!
    Keep it up good folks, keep at it!
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,258
    rgambs said:

At my "official" weigh in I am down 5lbs this week!!

Cheatloaf dinner tonight! Ow ow!
    Keep it up good folks, keep at it!

Congratulations, rgambs!

There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    I'm struggling food wise today. So far I've gotten myself to eat compliant but I am dying for a drink and some snacks. I think I'll bring out veggies but indulge in the drink.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,665
    if I say "yes," will it require any effort?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,844
    Wobbie said:

Saying yes doesn't require much effort, Wob.

Honestly, every time I see this thread title I think "frankly, no".

But I'm impressed by the hard work all of you are putting in.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,665
    I have commitment issues.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    Wobbie said:

I have erectile issues.

Fixed
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,836

Wobbie said:

Saying yes doesn't require much effort, Wob.

Honestly, every time I see this thread title I think "frankly, no".This coming from one of the most fit people I know.

But I'm impressed by the hard work all of you are putting in.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    rgambs said:

Wouldn't it be nice to know how many calories it burns?? Fitbit doesn't know does it? If so maybe I will get one. I spent about 6 hours squatted down painting and placing raised beds for blueberry bushes and my hammies are sore as hell!
    It would be great to know. I have a fitbit, the zip version i think it's called. It's the small one that clips to your shirt or pants pocket. It does good with counting steps and approximating how far you've walked/run throughout the day. Mine will calculate how many calories you should normally burn based on weight and will also take the steps/miles into account. Can't track anything else though. The wrist strap ones that monitor heart rate might be able to give more accurate results, but I haven't really researched them (got mine for Christmas and just went with it).

Came nowhere close to finishing my list. Spent about 8 hours out there working though and I'm beat. It was warm outside, but the humidity was killer. That's something to be aware of for your trip to SC/NC, rgambs. Humidity in April, especially in Columbia where I live will be high. Didn't have proper tools for cutting the spindles for the step rails, so it seemed like I spent all day sawing those by hand. Really needed a compound miter saw, but oh well and I made do with what I had.
    Post edited by markymark550 on
  • Options
    45 minutes on the stationary bike. I'll get back to running soon.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    45 minutes on a stationary bike again. I have an interview tomorrow so I'll take a little break.
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    edited March 2016
    FoxyRedLa said:

When I get home I have 8 sets of eyes looking at me and 4 mouths that don't stop talking :lol: just not enough mum to go around. And if someone gets sick oh man look out haha they need extra attention hehe.

I've been in a similar situation for a year and a half. I work an hour and forty minutes from home. I get up at 4:45 and get home at 6:10. There is no time to do anything but make dinner, clean up, and take a bath.

I'm miserable, and a total flab monster, so I just purchased Piyo. I'm pretty sure it has short daily workouts, and by the end of the week you've done a full circuit.

I'm also looking for another job. :dizzy:
    Post edited by shortstack on
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    Hiya Shortstack! I could go for a shortstack right now...like chocolate chip pancakes with whipped cream :blush:
    Friday going to NYC and a rooftop bar with some friends, have a birthday party Saturday night and Sunday Easter Brunch. I think I'll loosen my belt and pick up hardcore on Monday! I'm so on track I think I'm good to go!
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697

FoxyRedLa said:

I've been in a similar situation for a year and a half. I work an hour and forty minutes from home. I get up at 4:45 and get home at 6:10. There is no time to do anything but make dinner, clean up, and take a bath.

I'm miserable, and a total flab monster, so I just purchased Piyo. I'm pretty sure it has short daily workouts, and by the end of the week you've done a full circuit.

I'm also looking for another job. :dizzy:
    Lunch hour workout at gym by office? Steps to climb in building? Push ups? Long walk? I know it's tough but we can always find a few minutes to help ourselves.Plus both weekend days should be a must for fitness.
  • Options
    Marky,listening to Hootie while working outside were you?lol
  • Options
    RK,good on the PT.Im back at mine also,but I'm not going to quit doing everything else not related to shoulder.Do you really have to wait 6 weeks?
  • Options
    rr165892 said:

Marky,listening to Hootie while working outside were you?lol

:lol: No, I didn't have any music playing.
  • Options
    I would have thought the 1st 10-15 pounds would be the easiest but it's been 20-30 that are falling off. I weighed 192.7 AFTER dinner tonight so I am 2 pounds ahead of my 3lb/week pace. I haven't been quite as diligent with workouts and calorie counting so I am a bit surprised at the uptick in progress.
    Maybe, just maybe, I will fit into my Kuhl pants and shirts after all! 3 weeks to go, 15 pounds to lose...
    Motivation, find me and whip my ass please.
    Thank you.
  • Options
    Sigh. This week has been completely worthless. Haven't been able to do much of anything except take a little walk during my lunch break.
  • Options

Sigh. This week has been completely worthless. Haven't been able to do much of anything except take a little walk during my lunch break.

Air squats,air lunges,push ups,Tri dips.Can do all of it in 10 min right in the kitchen.
    Im being a hypocrite right now though because I should be at the gym its heavy leg day but it pouring and black outside and a nap sounds soooooo much better.Do nap it will be.
  • Options
    Mark,you've been doing great. A week. Off as long as diet is in check won't hurt anything.In fact may give you a nice growth spurt on the other side.