Options

San Bernardino Shootings Kill 14

Comments

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,800
    mcgruff10 said:

^^^^
    When you buy ammo in the US do you need to provide anything? (id, etc)
    Or can you just walk into a store and buy it?

It depends on the state. In nj you need a rifle/shotgun firearms identification card to buy handgun ammo. When you order online some places make you fax a copy of your liscense to prove you are over 18.
    Anyone over 18 can buy ammo on-line? Oh, that;s just lovely.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    PJ_Soul said:

the bitch left a note/comments for isis on Facebook ?
    time to wake up and smell the coffee liberals, it's not a gun problem......it is a people problem !
    locking down our borders would be a good start.

Godfather.

What a sick comment. No acknowledgment of the fact that a man born in America did it and was likely the real influence here. I guess that is somehow secondary to bigots.
    Stop being such a fucking xenophobe GF.
    You still going on about your 'hunch' that the man bears the brunt of the responsibility in this case?

It's been revealed that the douchebag woman was a religious nutbar that pledged her allegiance to ISIS. This would tell me that, at a minimum, she's an equal partner in this venture... and if not, she played the lead.

Are you thinking that a woman is incapable of asserting her beliefs and values in a relationship and influencing a man? I typically give women a little more credit.

Remember that I am one that agreed with your findings that portrayed men as the more violent gender and overwhelmingly the root of most violent crimes. It's unfounded in this case to this point in time however.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    dudemandudeman Posts: 2,989
    I think you have to be over 18 (21) in some states.

I have seen people get "carded" as if they were buying cigarettes or alcohol.
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • Options
    dudeman said:

I think you have to be over 18 (21) in some states.

I have seen people get "carded" as if they were buying cigarettes or alcohol.

Does simply being any certain age make it safe for anyone to buy ammo?
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    dudemandudeman Posts: 2,989
    edited December 2015
    Safe is relative. I think if you can't legally own firearms you shouldn't be able to buy ammo. To my knowledge, there is no system in place to identify those people when only buying ammo and not guns.

To the relativity of safety, it's not safe for some people to buy booze but they don't have a way to determine whether or not a person is going to cause problems for society when under the influence of booze at the time of the sale.
    Post edited by dudeman on
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • Options
    dudeman said:

Safe is relative. I think if you can't legally own firearms you shouldn't be able to buy ammo. To my knowledge, there is no system in place to identify those people when only buying ammo and not guns.

To the relativity of safety, it's not safe for some people to buy booze but they don't have a way to determine whether or not a person is going to cause problems for society when under the influence of booze at the time of the sale.

Yeah, I thought about that after I posted it. Safety is relative. Some people are dangerous with a basketball in their hands (I almost lost an eye to a basketball!) I don't know exactly how to keep dangerous items out of the hands of the wrongs people. Selling ammo on-line doesn't sound like a step in the right direction, however. And besides, I'm surprised it's legal to ship ammo. I'm thinking about what the post office people ask me every single time I ship a book. And of course books can be very dangerous (my favorite kind!)

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,965
    brianlux said:

mcgruff10 said:

^^^^

It depends on the state. In nj you need a rifle/shotgun firearms identification card to buy handgun ammo. When you order online some places make you fax a copy of your liscense to prove you are over 18.
    You are a legal adult. What s the issue? Good enough to go to war but can't buy your own ammo?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options

mcgruff10 said:

^^^^

Thanks. Wasn't quite sure how that worked.
    Is there a state that you know of where you need nothing to buy?

I m pretty sure the vast majority of states you just need to be of age. Nj is one of the few states that have a separate firearms Id card to purchase a weapon.
  • Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    I'm a CCP holder so I can get anything with no wait
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

brianlux said:

mcgruff10 said:

^^^^

You are a legal adult. What s the issue? Good enough to go to war but can't buy your own ammo?
    WTF?

• Options
    brianlux said:

mcgruff10 said:

brianlux said:

mcgruff10 said:

^^^^

WTF?
    Wtf?!
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

brianlux said:

mcgruff10 said:

brianlux said:

mcgruff10 said:

^^^^

WTF?
    Wtf?!
    Well shoot, man, I may be a legal adult but you don't want on old guy like me going to war, trust me!

• Options
    brianlux said:

mcgruff10 said:

brianlux said:

mcgruff10 said:

brianlux said:

mcgruff10 said:

^^^^

WTF?
    Wtf?!
    Well shoot, man, I may be a legal adult but you don't want on old guy like me going to war, trust me!
    I think mcgruff meant at 18 you are a legal adult.
  • Options

brianlux said:

mcgruff10 said:

brianlux said:

mcgruff10 said:

brianlux said:

mcgruff10 said:

^^^^

WTF?
    Wtf?!
    I think mcgruff meant at 18 you are a legal adult.
    That I did. ;)
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited December 2015
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited January 2016
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    edited December 2015
    hedonist said:

Agreed, rr.

We all have different means of coping - or crutches, as PJ_Soul mentioned. Again, without flinging those means at others, insisting everyone else use them, I don't see the harm.

Whatever gets you through the night (and to your own personal light), it's alright.

Oh the warm blanket that coddles you in the night. How wonderful. Let's not think of all the death and destruction carried out using this age old trick to get the ones seeking comfort to hate, wage war and kill others that have a different snuggle blanket.

Cruz trump and others are using this to rile up the troops. Humans such herd animals.

Sooner we put this Idiocracy behind us the better.
    Post edited by callen on
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    edited December 2015
    mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

^^^^

Thanks. Wasn't quite sure how that worked.
    Is there a state that you know of where you need nothing to buy?

I m pretty sure the vast majority of states you just need to be of age. Nj is one of the few states that have a separate firearms Id card to purchase a weapon.
    In Ohio You have to be at least 18 years old and click on the payment screen that you are a legal US citizen to buy ammo. That's it. I don't think there's a limit, but I'd hope to think that the store wouldn't let you walk out with full grocery cart or pallet full of ammo.
    Post edited by PP193448 on
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

time to wake up and smell the coffee liberals, it's not a gun problem......it is a people problem !

Godfather.

You're right gf guns don't kill people

Gun owners with legally purchased and registered guns kill people.
    Nearly 750,000 hunters went deer hunting last week in Pennsylvania. Think about it, millions of rounds of ammunition and nearly 3/4 of a million firearms and not one mass shooting or murder. The vast vast majority of gun owners are responsible. It s the very small percentage as usual that fuck it up for everyone.
    Agreed. just like not all Muslims are radical extremists...
    But to argue with myself, it is way too easy to get guns and ammo. Laws need to be little bit stricter IMO.
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,032
    PP193448 said:

mcgruff10 said:

Godfather.

Nearly 750,000 hunters went deer hunting last week in Pennsylvania. Think about it, millions of rounds of ammunition and nearly 3/4 of a million firearms and not one mass shooting or murder. The vast vast majority of gun owners are responsible. It s the very small percentage as usual that fuck it up for everyone.
    But to argue with myself, it is way too easy to get guns and ammo. Laws need to be little bit stricter IMO.
    Particularly in our Ohio.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    mickeyrat said:

PP193448 said:

mcgruff10 said:

Godfather.

Particularly in our Ohio.
    Where we supply guns for crimes all across the more civilized regions of this country.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Oops. Sorry. My above comment was to purchase ammo, not firearms. They do background check for that and you must be 18 and US citizen. Sorry if I misquoted. I thought Mcgruff was referring to ammo. Corrected my comment.
    But unless you have a criminal background, you can get a gun. You can only get 1 handgun per week, if you get more than the local police get involved. No limit to rifles. Plus you can gift firerms to someone but they are supposed to register it (I doubt it happens much). You cannot buy a firearm for someone else directly from a store. Unless you are licensed you cannot legally sell a firearm to someone else, but you can sell it back to an authorized dealer.
    I agree with Obama... Why the hell would you sell a firearm to someone on a no fly list... WTF? But isn't that the fucking half ass US governments job to ensure that shouldn't happen. Why don't people get fired for this shit?? Too many worthless government jobs here in the US.
    Post edited by PP193448 on
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    callen said:

hedonist said:

Agreed, rr.

We all have different means of coping - or crutches, as PJ_Soul mentioned. Again, without flinging those means at others, insisting everyone else use them, I don't see the harm.

Whatever gets you through the night (and to your own personal light), it's alright.

Oh the warm blanket that coddles you in the night. How wonderful. Let's not think of all the death and destruction carried out using this age old truck go get the ones seeking comfort to hate, wage war and kill others that have a different snuggle blanket.

Cruz trump and others are using this to rile up the troops. Humans such herd animals.

I get it, I get it. Religion bad. Humans hopeless, mindless.

Fine if that's your view, callen, but that has zero to do with what I was talking about.
  • Options
    PP193448 said:

Oops. Sorry. My above comment was to purchase ammo, not firearms. They do background check for that and you must be 18 and US citizen. Sorry if I misquoted. I thought Mcgruff was referring to ammo. Corrected my comment.
    But unless you have a criminal background, you can get a gun. You can only get 1 handgun per week, if you get more than the local police get involved. No limit to rifles. Plus you can gift firerms to someone but they are supposed to register it (I doubt it happens much). You cannot buy a firearm for someone else directly from a store. Unless you are licensed you cannot legally sell a firearm to someone else, but you can sell it back to an authorized dealer.
    I agree with Obama... Why the hell would you sell a firearm to someone on a no fly list... WTF? But isn't that the fucking half ass US governments job to ensure that shouldn't happen. Why don't people get fired for this shit?? Too many worthless government jobs here in the US.

Unless you buy via private sale then ALL BETS ARE OFF.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    PJ_Soul said:

Godfather.

What a sick comment. No acknowledgment of the fact that a man born in America did it and was likely the real influence here. I guess that is somehow secondary to bigots.
    Stop being such a fucking xenophobe GF.
    no problem....what's a xenophobe ? fear of what ?
    what my only real fear is, is that people like you keep extending excuses for the events that keep happening and blaming these mass murders on all religions as if it's a way...your way to rationalize the actions of foreign attackers, the smell of coffee is in the air and some of you refuse to take notice, excusing these deranged people wont save your ass if they decide to shoot up or blow up a place you might be at the time.
    try thinking like a survivor rather than someone who lives day to day with excuses, just say'n.

Godfather.

• Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    edited December 2015
    hedonist said:

callen said:

hedonist said:

Agreed, rr.

Oh the warm blanket that coddles you in the night. How wonderful. Let's not think of all the death and destruction carried out using this age old truck go get the ones seeking comfort to hate, wage war and kill others that have a different snuggle blanket.

I get it, I get it. Religion bad. Humans hopeless, mindless.

Fine if that's your view, callen, but that has zero to do with what I was talking about.
    Your comment on coping mechanism and choice has everything to do with it. It's all bullshit. The sooner more humans just say, "NO fkn way Noah put all animals on a Boat and all humans weren't descendants of Adam and Eve" the sooner we get past this religious crap. But we dont want to offend. And politicians will continue to play us as fools.

Oh and life is wonderful. Talk how lucky I am daily with food prepared for me, medical and air conditioning.

Just need to get our belief systems caught up.

10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    PP193448 said:

mcgruff10 said:

Godfather.

Agreed. I wish more states had background checks like nj. In order for me to buy a rifle/shotgun in this state I had to apply for a firearms identification card. In order to get that I needed to get fingerprinted, two letters of referral from non-relatives, mental background check, criminal background check and my boss was contacted to see if their were any issues. If you pass everything you get something called a firearms identification card which entitles you to buy a rifle/shotgun but you need to do separate paperwork in order to buy a handgun. When you finally go and buy a firearm you have to show your firearms id card, fill out a bunch of paperwork, gun is registered of course, and the state police are called one more time just to make sure that you are still a ok since time obviously lapses from initial date of getting id card. Make sense?
    I feel that if other states followed this lead then more people that shouldn't have a gun would be denied. Just my .02 cents.
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

PP193448 said:

mcgruff10 said:

Godfather.

Agreed. I wish more states had background checks like nj. In order for me to buy a rifle/shotgun in this state I had to apply for a firearms identification card. In order to get that I needed to get fingerprinted, two letters of referral from non-relatives, mental background check, criminal background check and my boss was contacted to see if their were any issues. If you pass everything you get something called a firearms identification card which entitles you to buy a rifle/shotgun but you need to do separate paperwork in order to buy a handgun. When you finally go and buy a firearm you have to show your firearms id card, fill out a bunch of paperwork, gun is registered of course, and the state police are called one more time just to make sure that you are still a ok since time obviously lapses from initial date of getting id card. Make sense?
    I feel that if other states followed this lead then more people that shouldn't have a gun would be denied. Just my .02 cents.
    Fuckin A . Maybe Christie can plant THAT bug in Kasich's ear as well as both our state chambers.

• Options
    mickeyrat said:

mcgruff10 said:

PP193448 said:

mcgruff10 said:

Godfather.

Fuckin A . Maybe Christie can plant THAT bug in Kasich's ear as well as both our state chambers.
    I think it actually works really well. Unless you really want to buy a gun you aren't going to go through all of that. The problem is most (i think upwards of 85%) of the guns used in crimes in New Jersey are brought in from other states.
    It would be nice if Christie tried to sell this but he's running republican.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,025
    mcgruff10 said:

PP193448 said:

mcgruff10 said:

Godfather.

Agreed....at a minimum this should be the process. There will still be shootings but we at least have to make it as difficult as possible to obtain a weapon when your goal is to kill people.

Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana