Options

Hillary won more votes for President

Comments

• Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    mrussel1 said:

Free said:

This is from a non bias site, Pew Research Center. It's not exactly Clinton 77%, Trump 22%...

2016 Campaign: Strong Interest, Widespread Dissatisfaction

http://www.people-press.org/2016/07/07/2016-campaign-strong-interest-widespread-dissatisfaction/

77-22 is not polling numbers. It's the chance of winning the POTUS using the Electoral College.
    I didn't say it was, that is the introduction of the article. See all the graphs when you check out the article too.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,811
    Free said:

mrussel1 said:

Free said:

This is from a non bias site, Pew Research Center. It's not exactly Clinton 77%, Trump 22%...

http://www.people-press.org/2016/07/07/2016-campaign-strong-interest-widespread-dissatisfaction/

77-22 is not polling numbers. It's the chance of winning the POTUS using the Electoral College.
    I didn't say it was, that is the introduction of the article. See all the graphs when you check out the article too.
    Gern and I both read your post that way. Pew is very good. They were very accurate in 12. I don't doubt these numbers, nor do I doubt her 9 point lead that it gives her.
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,786
    mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

Based on what? Obama was up by 5 or 6 in June.

He ran against a well-spoken former governor. She's running against a corrupt, psychotic, quasi-racist. She's like a #1 seed that easily won her conference (the democratic primary) and on paper, should totally kill the fluky wildcard team that somehow defied all logic by winning their conference (Trump). Yet he's still very much in the game.
    I disagree. Bernie still has yet to endorse, and that's coming next week. I think she is doing fine. I don't recall Obama having 8-11 point leads at all in '12 but HRC has those in some polls. Most importantly, the electoral map looks really good for her right now. She has the Obama states and is tight in AZ, NC, NH, etc. I think she is in solid shape considering the email deal. And there's no evidence Trump will improve his performance. His two speeches this week were rambling 65 minute lists of petty grievances and stream of consciousness. That aint' changing.
    Well I definitely agree that Trump continues to shoot himself in the foot. And I'm not sure he'll improve his improve his performance either. And considering how bad the email thing could have been, yeah, I guess she's weathered the storm. But she's nearly deadlocked in PA, OH, and FL and that's cause for concern.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

Free said:

mrussel1 said:

Free said:

Gern and I both read your post that way. Pew is very good. They were very accurate in 12. I don't doubt these numbers, nor do I doubt her 9 point lead that it gives her.
    Did you even read the article?
  • Options
    Free said:

mrussel1 said:

Free said:

mrussel1 said:

Free said:

Did you even read the article?
    Yes. I read it yesterday when it came out. Why? What are you trying to point out?
  • Options
    mattsl1983mattsl1983 Posts: 711
    Why should I vote for Hillary? Honest question.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,752

Because she has to beat Trump.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,304
    PJ_Soul said:

Because she has to beat Trump.
    Enough said. I'm convinced. Seriously.
  • Options
    What is so terrible about trump that I should vote for his opponent blindly then? I find that to be a bit of an absurd answer.
  • Options
    If that's where you are, you've either not paid attention or his antics don't bother you.
  • Options
    Dirtie_FrankDirtie_Frank Posts: 1,348
    I second matts|1983 question, other than stating she is not Trump why should someone vote for HRC?
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    00 Virginia Beach;Camden I; Jones Beach III
    05 Borgata Night I; Wachovia Center
    06 Letterman Show; Webcast (guy in blue shirt), Camden I; DC
    08 Camden I; Camden II; DC
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II
  • Options

What is so terrible about trump that I should vote for his opponent blindly then? I find that to be a bit of an absurd answer.

Exactly
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,304
    mrussel1 said:

If that's where you are, you've either not paid attention or his antics don't bother you.

Like Trump said, he could shoot someone and they would still vote for him. He loves the poorly educated and all.
  • Options
    edited July 2016

Seriously?
    Go over to the Trump thread and read up on why it's not absurd at all. :) I think he is a million times more terrible than Hillary. He can't be allowed to win. Simple as that.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Would Donald Trump Quit if He Wins the Election? He Doesn’t Rule It Out

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/07/08/us/politics/donald-trump-president.html

... And that was just verifies what I've been saying the whole time. I am not worried about Trump winning.
    Post edited by Free on
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    I don't think he would do that, but I still wouldn't be surprised if he did. I don't think he decided to run with the idea that he might actually be President. It was just a big fucking reality TV shows that he decided to take on without really considering the ultimate consequences if he actually managed to pull it off.
  • Options

So which is it? Are you an uninformed voter or do you agree with his positions?
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,143

I find it absurd that anyone would vote for Trump.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    mrussel1 said:

Are you not gonna answer his question? Mocking him is not answering the question.
  • Options
    Free said:

mrussel1 said:

Are you not gonna answer his question? Mocking him is not answering the question.
    His question has a false premise. No one has asked anyone to vote for Hillary uninformed. No one is falling for that trick.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,457

Ok
    1- he totally depicted Mexicans as rapist & criminals
    2- he totally disrespected a war hero
    3- he disrespected all Muslims
    4- he made fun of the disabled writter
    5- he made fun of Fiorinas face
    6- he called out the judge for being Mexican when in fact was born in Indiana

ok anyone else wanna take over writting what else he has said that is totally wrong how about all the lies ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options

Ok

ok anyone else wanna take over writting what else he has said that is totally wrong how about all the lies ....
    There's no reason to do so. Anyone with a passing interest in politics is aware of these things. And if they don't have a passing interest, they are likely not on the Train hanging on this thread. I would be surprised if he was uninformed but I could be wrong. More likely he either agrees with Trump's positions or finds HRC so disagreeable that he prefers Trump. Either way, you ain't changing minds.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

Ok

There's no reason to do so. Anyone with a passing interest in politics is aware of these things. And if they don't have a passing interest, they are likely not on the Train hanging on this thread. I would be surprised if he was uninformed but I could be wrong. More likely he either agrees with Trump's positions or finds HRC so disagreeable that he prefers Trump. Either way, you ain't changing minds.
    You know i would have more respect for the Trumpsters here if they just said i'm voting for him because i agree with everything he stands for , any way back to Clinton yeah shes not the one i would of chosen to represent me but as of now their is zero chance id ever vote for Trump ...
  • Options

mrussel1 said:

Ok

You know i would have more respect for the Trumpsters here if they just said i'm voting for him because i agree with everything he stands for , any way back to Clinton yeah shes not the one i would of chosen to represent me but as of now their is zero chance id ever vote for Trump ...
    I would have preferred Biden. I voted Obama in the Primary in 08. But either way HRC better represents my beliefs than Trump. It's that simple.
  • Options
    I'm very informed on both. I'm surprised no one has brought up a single policy that they think is right or the direction they want to see America go in. This election will be won by demonizing and hatred for the other candidate. You can go tit for tat on how screwed up each one is, if prefer to hear some policies personally.
  • Options

I'm very informed on both. I'm surprised no one has brought up a single policy that they think is right or the direction they want to see America go in. This election will be won by demonizing and hatred for the other candidate. You can go tit for tat on how screwed up each one is, if prefer to hear some policies personally.

You're surprised no has brought up a single policy that they think is right or the direction they want to see America go in.... when? Like in the last half hour? Most people have shared that extensively over months or even years here in the AMT, in this thread and in others.
  • Options

Okay here we go:

1. I support maintaining our membership in NATO. Trump does not.
    2. I support keeping the Korea peninsula nuclear free. Trump does not.
    3. I support the Iran deal. Trump does not
    4. I support an increase in min wage
    5. I support continuing Health Care Act
    6. I support TPP (unfortunately neither does, which I think is a mistake)
    7. I support restricting sales of assault weapons, speed bullets and the like
    8. I support continuing to try to isolate Russia as it tries to increase its spheres of influence, particularly in Ukraine. Trump does not. He admires Putin.

Go ahead and bring up a Trump policy. I'm betting 95% of them I will be against.
  • Options

Trump has given you policy's
    I'm gonna build a wall the best wall ever no one can build walls like me ..
    i'm gonna make the best deals because i'm a bussiness man ....
    we're gonna win so much we will get tired of winning ..

http://www.ontheissues.org/Hillary_Clinton.htm
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

You're surprised no has brought up a single policy that they think is right or the direction they want to see America go in.... when? Like in the last half hour? Most people have shared that extensively over months or even years here in the AMT, in this thread and in others.
    I asked a question, and read the answers. I'm not going to go back and read over the past years worth of comments. Was looking forward to some discussion of why. And why are some of y'all so hostile and confrontational on yalls posts?
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

I asked a question, and read the answers. I'm not going to go back and read over the past years worth of comments. Was looking forward to some discussion of why. And why are some of y'all so hostile and confrontational on yalls posts?
    I hooked you up on policy. Go ahead. Which of those are you more aligned with Trump than Clinton?
This discussion has been closed.