Options

Hillary won more votes for President

Comments

• Options
    mattsl1983mattsl1983 Posts: 711
    mrussel1 said:

I'm very informed on both. I'm surprised no one has brought up a single policy that they think is right or the direction they want to see America go in. This election will be won by demonizing and hatred for the other candidate. You can go tit for tat on how screwed up each one is, if prefer to hear some policies personally.

Okay here we go:

1. I support maintaining our membership in NATO. Trump does not.
    2. I support keeping the Korea peninsula nuclear free. Trump does not.
    3. I support the Iran deal. Trump does not
    4. I support an increase in min wage
    5. I support continuing Health Care Act
    6. I support TPP (unfortunately neither does, which I think is a mistake)
    7. I support restricting sales of assault weapons, speed bullets and the like
    8. I support continuing to try to isolate Russia as it tries to increase its spheres of influence, particularly in Ukraine. Trump does not. He admires Putin.

Go ahead and bring up a Trump policy. I'm betting 95% of them I will be against.
    Why would I want to bring up a trump policy? Take the war helmet off and don't look for confrontation. I just want to hear real reasons why I should vote for Hilary.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,811

mrussel1 said:

I'm very informed on both. I'm surprised no one has brought up a single policy that they think is right or the direction they want to see America go in. This election will be won by demonizing and hatred for the other candidate. You can go tit for tat on how screwed up each one is, if prefer to hear some policies personally.

Okay here we go:

8. I support continuing to try to isolate Russia as it tries to increase its spheres of influence, particularly in Ukraine. Trump does not. He admires Putin.

Go ahead and bring up a Trump policy. I'm betting 95% of them I will be against.
    Why would I want to bring up a trump policy? Take the war helmet off and don't look for confrontation. I just want to hear real reasons why I should vote for Hilary.
    I just told you. Where do you stand on these?
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,752
    edited July 2016

PJ_Soul said:

You're surprised no has brought up a single policy that they think is right or the direction they want to see America go in.... when? Like in the last half hour? Most people have shared that extensively over months or even years here in the AMT, in this thread and in others.
    I asked a question, and read the answers. I'm not going to go back and read over the past years worth of comments. Was looking forward to some discussion of why. And why are some of y'all so hostile and confrontational on yalls posts?
    It helps if you don't apply an aggressive tone to the posts inside your own head I guess. Because FYI, this is not me being aggressive or hostile. :lol: If you mean more generally, it's because most of us are passionate folks who care about what we're talking about and sometimes get emotional and frustrated with views that don't make sense or that are worrisome or offensive or whatever, as people are wont to do. You definitely need a thick skin to hang out in the AMT! Since you chimed in I don't think anyone has been particularly hostile compared to when things get really heated.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    1. I agree we should keep NATO intact. Trump never said he would pull out of NATO, he has talked about it needing to be restructured because it is costing us millions, and talked about he would look at it and wouldn't rule pulling out. Different than saying we are pulling out of NATO.

2. I'm not sure how you go about keeping North Korea from advancing militarily.

3. I don't support the Iran deal.

4. I think it should be up to the states to increase minimum wage. Cost of living is different state to state.

5. I support the idea of universal healthcare, but from people I know that had to sign up for it say it is nothing like the were told it was going to be. If that's the case, it needs to be looked at, possibly overhauled or changed up. I personally have no experience with it and it didn't effect my health care provider.

6 TPP I don't fully understand it. I think the agreement is something absurd like 5,000 pages long. No comment.

7. I support some new gun restrictions. Both parties had two bills go up and all four were shot down a couple of weeks ago in congress. Both sides are looking at this matter.

8. Russia is a hard deal. I'm not sold on isolating them. I think we need to find a way to work with them.
  • Options
    edited July 2016

1. I agree we should keep NATO intact. Trump never said he would pull out of NATO, he has talked about it needing to be restructured because it is costing us millions, and talked about he would look at it and wouldn't rule pulling out. Different than saying we are pulling out of NATO.

2. I'm not sure how you go about keeping North Korea from advancing militarily.

3. I don't support the Iran deal.

4. I think it should be up to the states to increase minimum wage. Cost of living is different state to state.

5. I support the idea of universal healthcare, but from people I know that had to sign up for it say it is nothing like the were told it was going to be. If that's the case, it needs to be looked at, possibly overhauled or changed up. I personally have no experience with it and it didn't effect my health care provider.

6 TPP I don't fully understand it. I think the agreement is something absurd like 5,000 pages long. No comment.

7. I support some new gun restrictions. Both parties had two bills go up and all four were shot down a couple of weeks ago in congress. Both sides are looking at this matter.

8. Russia is a hard deal. I'm not sold on isolating them. I think we need to find a way to work with them.

1. Perhaps, but this is more of Trump's off the cuff musings. IMO, he hasn't thought about NATO for five minutes since the campaigning started.
    2. You keep N. Korea from going nuclear by maintaining sanctions. But a big piece is preventing S. Korea and Japan from going nuclear, which has been the benchmark of policy in Asia since the end of WWII.
    4. Notice I didn't say 'federal' minimum wage. Several months ago I wrote a lengthy post about created a federally mandated tiered index of the min. wage based on the COLA of the recognized MSA. This would solve the issue you bring forth, although in a complex way. I'm not sure it is implementable, but it's a theory.
    8. Russia must be isolated when they look to thwart democracy like they did in the Ukraine. This is particularly a hot button issue for me as I'm a Uke and very distrustful of the Russian Bear. If they don't seek to disrupt NATO, like he is doing now, then yeah we can work with him.
    Post edited by mrussel1 on
  • Options
    ^^and I didn't even mention the wall or pathway to citizenship. I fully believe that we need a pathway. The Gang of 8 were on the right path before they got bullied into disbanding.
  • Options
    I think you need to crack down on the boarders first and then offer a pathway once the boarders are secure.
  • Options
    Borders'. Damn auto spell.
  • Options

I think you need to crack down on the boarders first and then offer a pathway once the boarders are secure.

NO argument there.. But that's not Mr. Trump's position.
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,590
    Here are drumpfs policy proposals...

1. Crooked Hillary
    2. Lying Hillary
    3. Rigged for Hillary
    4. Pocahontas
    5. Repeat 1-4
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    What does a crack down on the borders look like? The relatively free flow of goods and people back and forth across the US/Canada border is VERY important to both countries' economies.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    Free said:

Would Donald Trump Quit if He Wins the Election? He Doesn’t Rule It Out

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/07/08/us/politics/donald-trump-president.html

... And that was just verifies what I've been saying the whole time. I am not worried about Trump winning.

Posting thiS again.
  • Options
    I don't have an answer on the best way to secure the borders. And let's be honest, we are talking more of the southern border than the northern one. I'm not sure of the exact numbers, but I'd imagine a whole lot more illegals (yes I said that, I'm ivervthe PC police) come in from the south than the north. That's not a knock against Mexico, but there are something like 20 countries south of Mexico connected by land. A lot more of a possibility for people to come up through than Canada.
  • Options
    edited July 2016

I don't have an answer on the best way to secure the borders. And let's be honest, we are talking more of the southern border than the northern one. I'm not sure of the exact numbers, but I'd imagine a whole lot more illegals (yes I said that, I'm ivervthe PC police) come in from the south than the north. That's not a knock against Mexico, but there are something like 20 countries south of Mexico connected by land. A lot more of a possibility for people to come up through than Canada.

For sure way more come from Mexico, because Mexico is poor and crime ridden and generally not the greatest place to live for a whole lot of people. Canada is much more pleasant, wealthy, and safe (aside from the weather I guess, for most. No me, I don't like the heat, lol). People want to go in, not out. But Trump has talked about how Muslim terrorists flood in over the Canadian border, so I would be concerned that he would try locking up the northern border in his hysteria, and in doing so would badly harm a whole lot of people economically. I don't feel like Trump in the White House would serve to maintain what is arguably one of the best relationships between two countries in the world.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504

mrussel1 said:

Okay here we go:

because the Train just wants Trump out and they are willing to bet on a criminal to maintain a democratic system no matter what reports are given about her, if you want real answers you will not find them here this is 95% democratic forum most folks here blindly follow any democrat...but I have to admit that reading their reply's when confronted with damaging stories about their candidate is priceless ! if you want some real advice ? when you vote forget about parties vote for the person who best fits your beliefs and always trust your gut feelings.

Godfather.

• Options

mrussel1 said:

Okay here we go:

because the Train just wants Trump out and they are willing to bet on a criminal to maintain a democratic system no matter what reports are given about her, if you want real answers you will not find them here this is 95% democratic forum most folks here blindly follow any democrat...but I have to admit that reading their reply's when confronted with damaging stories about their candidate is priceless ! if you want some real advice ? when you vote forget about parties vote for the person who best fits your beliefs and always trust your gut feelings.

Godfather.

You are absolutely right. HRC is the candidate that best represents my beliefs:
    Pathway to citizenship
    Health care
    JPOA
    Nuclear free Korean Peninsula
    Stay in NATO
    Right to choose
    Ban assault weapons, background checks, smart weapon technology

The list goes on and on and on....

All the personality issues are just noise for me.
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,590
    edited July 2016

mrussel1 said:

Okay here we go:

Godfather.

You and others keep saying she is a criminal. Yet there has never been a conviction or even an indictment. You and others have NO proof, NO evidence, just hearsay and urban myth.
    Yet, for donald drumpf, there is verifiable and reliable evidence (lawsuits, bankruptcies, audio/video) that he is not fit to be president.

Do I think that Hillary Clinton is a good choice? NO
    Do I think that donald drumpf is a viable option? OH HELL NO!!

Namaste'
  • Options
    what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    Free said:

... And that was just verifies what I've been saying the whole time. I am not worried about Trump winning.

Oh my goodness, I just predicted this exact thing while talking to a friend of mine, and now it's in the NY Times? Wow.
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited July 2016

Free said:

Oh my goodness, I just predicted this exact thing while talking to a friend of mine, and now it's in the NY Times? Wow.
    Don't tell me that you think there are actual reporters on this forum phishing for info.
    That's preposterous.
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,143

mrussel1 said:

Okay here we go:

Godfather.

Criminal? What crime was she convicted of?
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options

mrussel1 said:

Okay here we go:

Godfather.

Criminal? What crime was she convicted of?</blockquote

wasn't she fired for lying during the Watergate fiasco ?
    what was O.J or Zimmerman convicted of after the killings they were allegedly involved in ?
    and besides give it time, people like here become more brazen with every successful crime they commit until they finally they get caught.

Godfather.

• Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,777
    No, she wasn't fired. It's just another smear...and myth. I'm giving it time but it's been decades and I'm thinking someone is crying wolf...over and over and over and over.
    http://urbanmyths.com/urban-myths/politics/fact-or-fiction-was-hillary-clinton-fired-from-watergate-investigation/

I like this one better. :)
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/democratic-convention-women-history_us_5772eaeae4b0352fed3e4463?section=

Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options

Free said:

Don't tell me that you think there are actual reporters on this forum phishing for info.
    That's preposterous.
    I simply read his post as "oh wow, I was just saying this the other day to a friend and now the NY Times is saying the same thing. So it's not just me." I did not for a second think he meant that the theory originated on these boards (especially since he didn't any he posted anything about it on these boards).
  • Options

1. Crooked Hillary
    2. Lying Hillary
    3. Rigged for Hillary
    4. Pocahontas
    5. Repeat 1-4

I expected something a little more.......educated from you.

Godfather.

• Options

1. Crooked Hillary
    2. Lying Hillary
    3. Rigged for Hillary
    4. Pocahontas
    5. Repeat 1-4

:lol:
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    edited July 2016
    Hillary is tied with a clown going into the conventions.

cbsnews.com/news/hillary-clinton-donald-trump-tied-going-into-conventions-cbsnyt-poll/
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,659
    Jason P said:
    Not terribly concerned. Just national polls, the email thing hit, and before Bernie endorsed.

Trump has a ceiling

• Options
    Jason P said:
    Remember, polls are created to sway voter behavior and for pure drama. This is a pure drama move.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    edited July 2016
    Free said:

Jason P said:
    Remember, polls are created to sway voter behavior and for pure drama. This is a pure drama move.
    Still, not a good sign. This is like people giving the Golden State Warriors and the Philly 76ers the same odds to win next year's NBA title.

Edit:

More like the Milwaukee Bucks and Philly 76ers ...
This discussion has been closed.