PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

Kat said:

mrussel1 said:

I heard this question earlier:

Mr Comey, how long have you been Director

3 years

How many cases have you personally been involved with?

10-20

Of those, how many did you have to testify before Congress after your decision?

None

They want to make an example of him so any other Republican who wants to be reasonable will be afraid to do it if it's not in the PARTY's interests. I also wonder why the word McCarthyism just popped into my mind? I also notice that some are using the term reckless instead of careless, thereby trying to elevate the level of any mistake with email. That's just phony. It was recommended that no charges be filed because what happened didn't reach the necessary level of a crime.
    These are clearly dangerous times and it's important for reasonable people to remember what America is about.
    Are we not about holding our representatives responsible for their carelessness and recklessness? If she is careless with her duties as Secretary of State, is it not safe to conclude that she would also be careless with her duties as the president? Reckless would be her throwing a book at a car driver's head...oh wait she did that too. She seems to display both reckless and careless behavior through many examples in the past. Have we not had enough of those presidents in the past?
    And then you have Trump can you really say with total conviction that he would be less reckless or better fit to be President ...
    Did I say that? Isn't this a Hillary thread? I think they both suck on almost the same level, I can say that with conviction. I'm just surprised at how many people love her in this thread.
    I read a joke the other day: "If Hillary and Donald were on sinking boat in the middle of the ocean and had to swim to shore, who would win??? America, America would win". Lol
    No I'm not saying you said it but rather stating that this is it these two are what is left to choose from , if it's not her then it will be him and I'd say she is better for the job I wish we did have more viable choices !
    So shit>shit? I'm yet to be convinced that she would do a better job.
    Really you are saying that she would be just as bad as Trump because there is no way I can be convinced that his qualified to be POTUS ...
    Her carelessness with her email usage pertaining to confidential information should disqualify her for any security clearances, a requirement for POTUS, disqualifying her for POTUS as well :)
    Just vote for Trump and be done with it. Here's the thing... no one on this page is changing their mind on who they're voting for in November.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,811
    edited July 2016

http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2016/7/7/1546038/-Comey-tanks-key-GOP-talking-point-admits-classified-materials-were-not-properly-marked?detail=facebook

MATT CARTWRIGHT: You were asked about markings on a few documents, I have the manual here, marking national classified security information. And I don't think you were given a full chance to talk about those three documents with the little c's on them. Were they properly documented? Were they properly marked according to the manual?

JAMES COMEY: No. [...]

MATT CARTWRIGHT: According to the manual, if you're going to classify something, there has to be a header on the document? Right?

JAMES COMEY: Correct.

MATT CARTWRIGHT: Was there a header on the three documents that we've discussed today that had the little c in the text someplace?

JAMES COMEY: No. There were three e-mails, the c was in the body, in the text, but there was no header on the email or in the text.

MATT CARTWRIGHT: So if Secretary Clinton really were an expert about what's classified and what's not classified and we're following the manual, the absence of a header would tell her immediately that those three documents were not classified. Am I correct in that?

JAMES COMEY: That would be a reasonable inference.
    However, a classification mark does not make the information classified. They are twisting the policy. I cannot write something up that is classified and because there is no header and footer it is unclassified. That is not how it works. Look both sides were having political theater today.

But if she didn't read the email and never saw the "c" in the body, does that make her culpable? If you are in a senior position anywhere, you get copied on tons of shit that you don't read.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,752
    PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

Kat said:

mrussel1 said:

3 years

10-20

None

They want to make an example of him so any other Republican who wants to be reasonable will be afraid to do it if it's not in the PARTY's interests. I also wonder why the word McCarthyism just popped into my mind? I also notice that some are using the term reckless instead of careless, thereby trying to elevate the level of any mistake with email. That's just phony. It was recommended that no charges be filed because what happened didn't reach the necessary level of a crime.
    These are clearly dangerous times and it's important for reasonable people to remember what America is about.
    Are we not about holding our representatives responsible for their carelessness and recklessness? If she is careless with her duties as Secretary of State, is it not safe to conclude that she would also be careless with her duties as the president? Reckless would be her throwing a book at a car driver's head...oh wait she did that too. She seems to display both reckless and careless behavior through many examples in the past. Have we not had enough of those presidents in the past?
    And then you have Trump can you really say with total conviction that he would be less reckless or better fit to be President ...
    Did I say that? Isn't this a Hillary thread? I think they both suck on almost the same level, I can say that with conviction. I'm just surprised at how many people love her in this thread.
    I read a joke the other day: "If Hillary and Donald were on sinking boat in the middle of the ocean and had to swim to shore, who would win??? America, America would win". Lol
    No I'm not saying you said it but rather stating that this is it these two are what is left to choose from , if it's not her then it will be him and I'd say she is better for the job I wish we did have more viable choices !
    Really you are saying that she would be just as bad as Trump because there is no way I can be convinced that his qualified to be POTUS ...
    Her carelessness with her email usage pertaining to confidential information should disqualify her for any security clearances, a requirement for POTUS, disqualifying her for POTUS as well :)
    The thing is, now everyone can pretty much be 100% assured that if she were POTUS every single bit of info would be handled with the greatest care imaginable - more than anyone preceding her. There is no way she's going to be making any of those mistakes again, since she'll be under the microscope in that context from here on out.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761

I have come to the conclusion that Comey was correct no criminal charges should be levied. However, as of today she should have her security clearance revoked. If she becomes POTUS then it can be reinstated because of the need to know. That is the issue many people have,is the neglect she showed for classified material.

I'd like to recognize Dirty Frank for having an open mind.

And honestly, so many thoughts went through my head today. One of them was "Why did she have to do such a stupid thing?"
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

Kat said:

mrussel1 said:

3 years

10-20

None

The thing is, now everyone can pretty much be 100% assured that if she were POTUS every single bit of info would be handled with the greatest care imaginable - more than anyone preceding her. There is no way she's going to be making any of those mistakes again, since she'll be under the microscope in that context from here on out.
    :lightbulb: Now I know what trolling means.

• Options

PJ_Soul said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

Kat said:

mrussel1 said:

3 years

10-20

None

:lightbulb: Now I know what trolling means.

:confused: Don't be ridiculous. I'm not trolling, I'm serious. I'm not saying it in any context other than the truth. I don't mean it as a pro-Hillary statement (again, I'm not pro-Hillary, I'm just really anti-Trump).
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    PJ_Soul said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

Kat said:

mrussel1 said:

3 years

10-20

None

:rofl:
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,457
    PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

Kat said:

mrussel1 said:

3 years

10-20

None

So Trump is your choice , like I said if it's not her then it's him there is no way you can look at Trump and say he would make better choices ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,457
    Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

Kat said:

mrussel1 said:

3 years

10-20

None

Free it's either her or him no one else is getting the nod , I wish there were other viable candidates but it ain't happening ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options

Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

Kat said:

mrussel1 said:

3 years

10-20

None

Free it's either her or him no one else is getting the nod , I wish there were other viable candidates but it ain't happening ..
    I was laughing hysterically about "everyone can pretty much be 100% assured that if she were POTUS every single bit of info would be handled with the greatest care imaginable - more than anyone preceding her."
  • Options
    Free said:

Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

Kat said:

mrussel1 said:

3 years

10-20

None

I was laughing hysterically about "everyone can pretty much be 100% assured that if she were POTUS every single bit of info would be handled with the greatest care imaginable - more than anyone preceding her."
    You really should try to stop causing trouble. PJ Soul is a valued member and deserves respect and you are not providing it.
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited July 2016
    mrussel1 said:

Free said:

Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

Kat said:

mrussel1 said:

3 years

10-20

None

You really should try to stop causing trouble. PJ Soul is a valued member and deserves respect and you are not providing it.
    This isn't about PJ Soul it's about the comment and "not saying it in any context other than the truth".

Why can't that be criticized without turning it personal by you?
  • Options

mrussel1 said:

Free said:

Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

Kat said:

mrussel1 said:

3 years

10-20

None

This isn't about PJ Soul it's about the comment and "not saying it in any context other than the truth".

The laughing thing is obnoxious and disrespectful.
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited July 2016
    mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

Free said:

Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

Kat said:

mrussel1 said:

3 years

10-20

None

The laughing thing is obnoxious and disrespectful.
    good god,
    is this where it turns into the defense and lovefest support because someone didn't agree on a post?
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    mrussel1 said:

Free said:

Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

Kat said:

mrussel1 said:

3 years

10-20

None

I wasn't laughing at her, it was at what was said. Don't make this more than it is.

Taking things personally is where any sort of trouble starts.
    Post edited by Free on
  • Options

Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

Kat said:

mrussel1 said:

3 years

10-20

None

Exactly.
  • Options
    Free said:

Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

Kat said:

mrussel1 said:

3 years

10-20

None

Why don't you provide some kind of argument as to why you don't think she will be super careful not to mishandle confidential government emails after all of this instead of just being passive aggressive? Only an insane person would try doing that again after going through what she's gone through because of her past behaviour, and knowing that everyone will be watching her when it comes to that kind of thing. Do you think she is insane?
  • Options
    ^^^
    She is not insane but Trump would never have done this in the first place.
    And if he becomes POTUS he would direct his underlings how to not let a Hillary happen.
  • Options

^^^
    She is not insane but Trump would never have done this in the first place.
    And if he becomes POTUS he would direct his underlings how to not let a Hillary happen.

I know you're just trying to push buttons (you're not even a Trump supporter in reality IMO), but still just wondering how you want us to beleive you or anyone knows what Trump would or wouodn't do, since he has no political experience or track record at all.
  • Options
    ^^^
    No matter. America wants change in the establishment bad but because they don't have a choice this year they will pick Hillary.
    No one says what the big bad Donald will do if voted in. That is strange.
  • Options

^^^
    No matter. America wants change in the establishment bad but because they don't have a choice this year they will pick Hillary.
    No one says what the big bad Donald will do if voted in. That is strange.

Why wouod anyone need to say that? Donald is constantly pontificating about all the things he'll do within 10 minutes of gaining office. :lol:
  • Options
    ^^^
    Yes but seriously? All of them?
    come on
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    mrussel1 said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

Kat said:

mrussel1 said:

3 years

10-20

None

Just vote for Trump and be done with it. Here's the thing... no one on this page is changing their mind on who they're voting for in November.
    Meh, that doesn't mean I cannot keep the conversation about her atrocities alive and well.
    "What difference does it make"-Hillary Clinton
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

mrussel1 said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

Kat said:

mrussel1 said:

3 years

10-20

None

Meh, that doesn't mean I cannot keep the conversation about her atrocities alive and well.
    You should look up the meaning of the word 'atrocities'. You are grossly misusing it...
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

PJPOWER said:

mrussel1 said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

Kat said:

mrussel1 said:

3 years

10-20

None

You should look up the meaning of the word 'atrocities'. You are grossly misusing it...
    Agree.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    mrussel1 said:

PJPOWER said:

mrussel1 said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

Kat said:

mrussel1 said:

3 years

10-20

None

Yep, pretty much fits the bill!

"Atrocity"
    əˈträsədē/
    noun
    plural noun: atrocities
    an extremely wicked or cruel act, typically one involving physical violence or injury.
    "war atrocities"
    synonyms: abomination, cruelty, enormity, outrage, horror, monstrosity, obscenity, violation, crime, abuse;

Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

mrussel1 said:

PJPOWER said:

mrussel1 said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

Kat said:

mrussel1 said:

3 years

10-20

None

"Atrocity"
    əˈträsədē/
    noun
    an extremely wicked or cruel act, typically one involving physical violence or injury.
    "war atrocities"
    synonyms: abomination, cruelty, enormity, outrage, horror, monstrosity, obscenity, violation, crime, abuse;

Yeah, when did she commit a war atrocity or perpetrate violence? And please stick with something she was indicted for, not some bullshit from Breitbart.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

PJPOWER said:

mrussel1 said:

PJPOWER said:

mrussel1 said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

Kat said:

mrussel1 said:

3 years

10-20

None

"Atrocity"
    əˈträsədē/
    noun
    "war atrocities"

Yeah, when did she commit a war atrocity or perpetrate violence? And please stick with something she was indicted for, not some bullshit from Breitbart.
    No thanks, I'll stick with the things that she slithered around being indicted for :)
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

mrussel1 said:

PJPOWER said:

mrussel1 said:

PJPOWER said:

mrussel1 said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

Kat said:

mrussel1 said:

3 years

10-20

None

"Atrocity"
    əˈträsədē/
    noun
    "war atrocities"

No thanks, I'll stick with the things that she slithered around being indicted for :)
    Emails =atrocities. Got it. Wonder what words are left for Stalin, Pot , Milosevic, and the like...super duper atrocities?
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

PJPOWER said:

mrussel1 said:

PJPOWER said:

mrussel1 said:

PJPOWER said:

mrussel1 said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

Kat said:

mrussel1 said:

3 years

10-20

None

"Atrocity"
    əˈträsədē/
    noun
    "war atrocities"

Emails =atrocities. Got it. Wonder what words are left for Stalin, Pot , Milosevic, and the like...super duper atrocities?
    I'm good with that, super duper atrocities sounds super duper!
This discussion has been closed.