Options

Hillary won more votes for President

Comments

• Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,777
    What is obvious is that the Director of the FBI recommends no charges be filed.
    Also obvious, Secretary Clinton haters will never accept that fact.
    I would not prosecute that marine for his mistake. I hope the powers that be find another way to handle his error with the classified material. In general, I tend to feel that good people shouldn't be severely punished for an honest mistake. If they did it repeatedly, that's another story. In judging others, it should be fair and reasonable, right?
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761

Here is the bottom line. Classified emails DO NOT belong on a unclassified server. Whether it is state.gov, Gmail.com or HRC.org (Not sure what she used), Classified belongs on classified networks, like sgov or smil. There is a reason these things are not allowed on normal computer networks. Whether it was her or her staff that sent the first email classified, CONFIDENTIAL, SECRET or TOP SECRET, it should have ended then. The sender or receiver should have contacted their Staff Security Officer to report the violation, however they continued on. There continued disregard is what has people pissed, you can call it politics, it is the truth. I have worked for and with the government to know that these things should not have happened or continued. Comey stated it in his speech yesterday that anyone that works with classified should have known this was not allowed. At the very least Clinton and her staff should have their clearance revoked.

Right...so if someone decides to put classified information in a non classified email and does not mark it as such (this was Clinton's argument...that none of the items received or sent were "Marked" classified) then how could they possibly prosecute?

You can argue that she should have known some information was classified....but how is the receiver to know exactly? As mentioned...a lot of times these people were travelling and it just wasn't possible to use the secure systems.
    She should have reported it. People who work in classified environments know, especially people who are in charge.

The compromise of Top Secret information is expected to cause “exceptionally grave damage” to our national security. Hillary Clinton mishandled 8 Top Secret emails with 7 at the Special Access Program level which may include black projects, nuclear info, ect. This is the absolute highest level of our nations guarded secrets.

Out of the 110 classified emails, 32 chains contained Secret information. This is the second highest classification that could cause “serious damage” to our national security.

Finally, she mishandled 2,000 additional emails which were up-classified with 8 being classified at the time. These are the lowest level which would still cause irreparable harm and “damage” to our national security if disclosed.
    So, assuming this "grossly negligent conduct" occurred, I would expect the next news story to reveal the national security catastrophe that resulted from her sending/receiving the 8 Top Secret emails. My reasonable inference is that if these Top Secret emails were somehow compromised and caused a national security crisis, we would have heard about that.

So please tell us: exactly which national security crisis are these e-mails responsible for? What do you know about their content that the rest of us don't? Who died? When, where, how? Which military secret is no longer a secret?

My guess is: nothing. The email exchange resulted in nothing. At least nothing that has changed -any- of our lives at all.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,811
    Kat said:

I would not prosecute that marine for his mistake. I hope the powers that be find another way to handle his error with the classified material. In general, I tend to feel that good people shouldn't be severely punished for an honest mistake. If they did it repeatedly, that's another story. In judging others, it should be fair and reasonable, right?

Kat - few things...
    He wasn't being prosecuted for a crime, he was being discharged. Now that might affect his pension, standing, etc. so nothing to sneeze at, but nothing with a felony on the record, jail time, etc.
    Second, posted another link from this year showing that his case is being reviewed and he hasn't been discharged yet. There's a lot of criticism against the two generals or JAGs that presided his case.
  • Options

I get the point of the AC rally today and I think it was a smart move and is very fitting. That said, I'd like Hillary to take her foot off the gas a bit on the Trump attacks, talk about policy (while pointing out Trump has none), and leave the Trump bashing to Obama, Bill, Warren and the likes. Show that she is smart, capable and presidential. Leave the dirty stuff up to the other popular folks.

Agreed.. that's usually left for the VP candidate. You're right, it's time to go positive.
  • Options
    Kat said:

Here is the bottom line. Classified emails DO NOT belong on a unclassified server. Whether it is state.gov, Gmail.com or HRC.org (Not sure what she used), Classified belongs on classified networks, like sgov or smil. There is a reason these things are not allowed on normal computer networks. Whether it was her or her staff that sent the first email classified, CONFIDENTIAL, SECRET or TOP SECRET, it should have ended then. The sender or receiver should have contacted their Staff Security Officer to report the violation, however they continued on. There continued disregard is what has people pissed, you can call it politics, it is the truth. I have worked for and with the government to know that these things should not have happened or continued. Comey stated it in his speech yesterday that anyone that works with classified should have known this was not allowed. At the very least Clinton and her staff should have their clearance revoked.

Here's the thing that I can't get past. If it's such a horrendous horrible and major issue and the people yelling about it the loudest really cared, I mean seriously were in such a frenzy over the issue of emails and their security,...why, WHY is it only about Hillary's emails?
    http://www.newsweek.com/2016/02/19/colin-powell-emails-hillary-clinton-424187.html

Oh wait, I know the answer. :)
    Thank you! The part of Comey's statement that struck me the most was when he said one consideration is to account for previous behavior. That would mean if Clinton is indicted, so must be Powell. And we know THAT will never happen. He's male, he's black, he's a former general. The GOP would never in a million years go after him.
  • Options

Kat said:

Here's the thing that I can't get past. If it's such a horrendous horrible and major issue and the people yelling about it the loudest really cared, I mean seriously were in such a frenzy over the issue of emails and their security,...why, WHY is it only about Hillary's emails?
    http://www.newsweek.com/2016/02/19/colin-powell-emails-hillary-clinton-424187.html

Thank you! The part of Comey's statement that struck me the most was when he said one consideration is to account for previous behavior. That would mean if Clinton is indicted, so must be Powell. And we know THAT will never happen. He's male, he's black, he's a former general. The GOP would never in a million years go after him.
    It's an indictment of the State Department which Comey did say yesterday and got State department all banged up.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

Kat said:

It's an indictment of the State Department which Comey did say yesterday and got State department all banged up.
    He didn't say anything that the Inspector General hadn't already said. I thought it was weird that State got all fired up at him when their response to the IG was completely conciliatory. It's typical, I guess, for govt. agencies to snipe at rivals. I think there are way too many overlapping jurisdictions and the boys just don't know how to play nicely with other.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

Kat said:

Kat - few things...
    He wasn't being prosecuted for a crime, he was being discharged. Now that might affect his pension, standing, etc. so nothing to sneeze at, but nothing with a felony on the record, jail time, etc.
    Second, posted another link from this year showing that his case is being reviewed and he hasn't been discharged yet. There's a lot of criticism against the two generals or JAGs that presided his case.
    Thank you for that extra info. I hope the best for him. He was trying to do the right thing.
  • Options
    Dirtie_FrankDirtie_Frank Posts: 1,348

Right...so if someone decides to put classified information in a non classified email and does not mark it as such (this was Clinton's argument...that none of the items received or sent were "Marked" classified) then how could they possibly prosecute?

You can argue that she should have known some information was classified....but how is the receiver to know exactly? As mentioned...a lot of times these people were travelling and it just wasn't possible to use the secure systems.
    She should have reported it. People who work in classified environments know, especially people who are in charge.

The compromise of Top Secret information is expected to cause “exceptionally grave damage” to our national security. Hillary Clinton mishandled 8 Top Secret emails with 7 at the Special Access Program level which may include black projects, nuclear info, ect. This is the absolute highest level of our nations guarded secrets.

Out of the 110 classified emails, 32 chains contained Secret information. This is the second highest classification that could cause “serious damage” to our national security.

Finally, she mishandled 2,000 additional emails which were up-classified with 8 being classified at the time. These are the lowest level which would still cause irreparable harm and “damage” to our national security if disclosed.
    So, assuming this "grossly negligent conduct" occurred, I would expect the next news story to reveal the national security catastrophe that resulted from her sending/receiving the 8 Top Secret emails. My reasonable inference is that if these Top Secret emails were somehow compromised and caused a national security crisis, we would have heard about that.

So please tell us: exactly which national security crisis are these e-mails responsible for? What do you know about their content that the rest of us don't? Who died? When, where, how? Which military secret is no longer a secret?

My guess is: nothing. The email exchange resulted in nothing. At least nothing that has changed -any- of our lives at all.
    I guess you have worked with classified material before. Do you know why information is classified? It is not just the information it can be the sources and methods used to collect the information. Seven emails contained Special Access Programs (SAP) information. Her flagrant disregard for classification could have cost the US a source, it could have put collectors life at risk, ruined a means to collect data, put a sources life at risk, there is a lot that could have been compromised but since you do not know what happened it could not have been that important. There are reasons this information is classified, they do not need your opinion as to why.
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    00 Virginia Beach;Camden I; Jones Beach III
    05 Borgata Night I; Wachovia Center
    06 Letterman Show; Webcast (guy in blue shirt), Camden I; DC
    08 Camden I; Camden II; DC
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,982
    Where was the conservative outrage when Valerie Plame was outed? Obstensibly to ruin a career and lives for a massive coverup that cost 4,000+ American lives, 100,000s+ Iraqi lives, trillions in US debt and destabilized a whole region and gave rise to ISIS? You know real consequences of "mishandling", "disregarding" and being "careless" with sensitive, classified, secret and top secret information? Anyone remember Cheney's energy committee that drafted US energy policy behind closed doors? Didn't think so. Where the fuck was Trey Gowdy and that "I'm a warrior hear me roar" douche bag senator from Arkansas then? And the conservatives would like the rest of us to take them seriously and believe Hillary's a threat to national security? Please.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    Former CIA Dierctor John Deutch was charged with a similar crime and was set to enter a plea agreement until a last minute pardon by Bill Clinton. He had classified info on a private server.

http://dailycaller.com/2016/07/05/flashback-bill-clinton-pardoned-cia-director-for-private-server-use/

This refutes Comey's statement that the justice department has not charged individuals in these types of cases before.
  • Options

Where was the conservative outrage when Valerie Plame was outed? Obstensibly to ruin a career and lives for a massive coverup that cost 4,000+ American lives, 100,000s+ Iraqi lives, trillions in US debt and destabilized a whole region and gave rise to ISIS? You know real consequences of "mishandling", "disregarding" and being "careless" with sensitive, classified, secret and top secret information? Anyone remember Cheney's energy committee that drafted US energy policy behind closed doors? Didn't think so. Where the fuck was Trey Gowdy and that "I'm a warrior hear me roar" douche bag senator from Arkansas then? And the conservatives would like the rest of us to take them seriously and believe Hillary's a threat to national security? Please.

The "douche bag senator from Arkansas" was serving your country in Iraq while the "Plame outing", if you want to call it that, was done by Richard Armitage. Fitzgerald never prosecuted Armitage because apparently there was no crime on that front. There was no "outing" and hence no comprosmised national security all hysterics aside.
  • Options

One of the cool things to come from this email deal is that most are now available on Wikileaks:

https://wikileaks.org/clinton-emails/?q=&mfrom=&mto=&title=&notitle=&date_from=&date_to=&nofrom=&noto=&count=50&sort=0&page=1&#searchresult

You can read through all of them or just enter search terms such as Joe Wilson or Symbion. Symbion if you are unaware is a private firm that performs services in war zones (such as halliburton) and bids on military contracts. Ambassador Joe Wilson conveniently became the chair of Symbion at some point after his wife was "outed" and participated in profiting off the terrible Iraq War.

https://wikileaks.org/clinton-emails/?q=Iraq+wilson+symbion&mfrom=&mto=&title=&notitle=&date_from=&date_to=&nofrom=&noto=&count=50&sort=0#searchresult

One of my favourite emails is Wilson emailing Sidney Blumenthal asking him to get in touch with Clinton for special favours including the ability to stay inside the Green Zone. You see his private company would be required to stay outside on it's own dime but being outside would make it harder for Symbion to go around collecting on payments they think they are entitled to. Not a crime to make these requests but it is just so off putting considering the circumstances.

https://wikileaks.org/clinton-emails/emailid/7093

There's a treasure trove in these emails.
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    STRANGE DEATHS CONNECTED TO CLINTON

So what did Bill Clinton do, when he came to power in the White House? Just like the drug trading president before him, Freemason-Brother George Bush, he started a war against drugs(!).

The interesting part is, though, that when different people have started talking about Clinton's affairs, they have suddenly and mysteriously died. One of them was Barry Seale, the drug smuggler. He was killed in February 1987.

By that time, several murders were committed in Arkansas.

•Two young boys were out walking late one night in the surroundings of Mena Airport. They were found dead on a railroad track. The examining doctor, sent by Clinton, said it was an accident. But their parents didn't agree. Later it was found that the boys had been stabbed and got their heads crushed.

•Six other persons, who had talked to the police regarding the murder of the boys, were killed themselves! Some of them had said to their families they had to leave town urgently, as they knew too much about the murders, but they were all traced and shot to death. All this happened while Clinton was the governor of Arkansas and used Mena Airport for drug smuggling.

To make research on, or accuse Clinton has too often showed to be a lethal business.

•Danny Casoloro, who investigated Clinton's involvement in stock frauds, was found dead in West Virginia.

•A lawyer from Washington, Paul Wilcher, who had made an appointment with Casoloro's former attorney, was found dead in his apartment.

•Prosecutor Charles Black wanted more money from governor Clinton to be able to continue the investigations regarding drug smuggling on Mena Airport. He got no money, but Black's mother was killed.

•The director for Clinton's Finance-campaign Committee, Ed Willke, was shot with a hail-gun.

•John Wilson, politician in Washington, threatened to reveal Clinton's dirty business. He was found swinging from a rope in 1993.

•Kathy Furguson, police in Arkansas and Clinton's bodyguard, said that Clinton was promiscuous. She was found dead with a gun in her hand. Her husband Danny denies all sex-scandals related to Clinton. He is still alive.

•Jon Parnel Walker, one of the investigators in the Whitewater affair, "fell" from a balcony in Virginia.

•C. Victor Raider II had an argument with Clinton. Raider and his son Montgomery died when their sport plane crashed.

•Mr. Friday, member of Raider's committee, and a known skilled pilot, died when his plane exploded.

•Dentist Ronald Rogers was about to meet a journalist and give information regarding Clinton when his plane crashed in clear weather.

•Luther Parks had gathered information regarding Clinton's sex habits. Clinton owed him $81.000 for security during his election campaign. He threatened Clinton to go public if he didn't get the money back. He was shot September 26th 1993.His son Gary said he had all the evidence at home and proof of Bill and Roger Clinton's drug abuse. The information was stolen shortly thereafter.

•Vincent Foster was a good friend of Clinton since childhood. His "suicide" occurred during the Whitewater investigation. The "suicide" couldn't have been such. He still had the gun in his hand when found, which is impossible after the reaction from the bullet. Also, he held the gun in his right hand, though he was left-handed! At the same time employees at "Rose Law Firm" started to destroy documents.

In Arkansas there is a law saying that autopsy is not necessary if the diseased through a court-order can be classified to have committed suicide. This law was written by Bill Clinton. Almost every death around his person has been classified as suicide.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,659
    lol

Hail gun

Diseased

• Options
    House Speaker Paul Ryan, R-Wis., on Wednesday formally urged Director of National Intelligence James Clapper to deny presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton access to classified information – an appeal that comes as FBI Director James Comey is set to testify on the email probe which yielded no charges.

Ryan, in a letter to Clapper, said he wants Clinton prohibited from receiving classified information “for the duration of her candidacy for president.”

“There is no legal requirement for you to provide Secretary Clinton with classified information, and it would send the wrong signal to all those charged with safeguarding our nation’s secrets if you choose to provide her access to this information despite the FBI’s findings,” Ryan wrote.

Ryan said in his letter that if Clapper decides to deny his request, he would like him to explain why he would grant Clinton access to classified information despite the FBI’s findings that Clinton and her staff were “extremely careless in their handling of very sensitive, highly classified information.”

“I firmly believe this is necessary to reassure the public that our nation’s secrets are secure,” he adds.

His letter comes after Attorney General Loretta Lynch declared the investigation into Clinton's emails over with no criminal charges issued.
    Ryan, a former vice presidential candidate, said in an interview with Fox News’ Megyn Kelly Tuesday that Clapper should “block” Clinton from receiving classified briefings after the Democratic National Convention.

He said on “The Kelly File” he received weekly CIA briefings as Mitt Romney's running mate in 2012 and said Clinton should not be given such information "given how recklessly she handled this."

"She grossly was negligent, she mishandled classified information and now she wants to be commander-in-chief," Ryan said in the interview.

Ryan also sent a letter to Comey requesting that he release all of the unclassified findings from the agency’s investigation into Clinton.

Comey is set to testify Thursday morning before the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee.

“Right now, there are simply too many unanswered questions,” Ryan wrote to Comey. “While we have started oversight hearings, as you stated earlier this week, ‘given the importance of the matter, I think unusual transparency is in order.’ I completely agree.

“The American people deserve to know exactly what your investigation uncovered and why the FBI came to the decision to recommend that no criminal charges be brought against Secretary Clinton.”

Meanwhile, the State Department is taking issue with at least one of the findings from the FBI investigation – that some of the emails on Clinton’s server had markings indicating classified information.

State Department spokesman John Kirby blamed “human error” for those markings, suggesting they shouldn’t have been there.

Fox News was first to report on a 2012 email that carried a classified code known as a “portion marking” when it was sent to Clinton’s account -- challenging her repeated claims that nothing she sent or received was marked classified at the time.

Fox News’ Chad Pergram contributed to this report.
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,590
    edited July 2016
    Since you are completely unable, or unwillimg, to include the links for attribution Im going to do it for you. My guess is you are okay with the plagiarism because you think people won't find the source of your cut/paste and realize that your source, or sources, are unreliable, unbelievable and just plain ridiculous.

http://www.theforbiddenknowledge.com/hardtruth/billclintonscriminalbackground.htm

So what did Bill Clinton do, when he came to power in the White House? Just like the drug trading president before him, Freemason-Brother George Bush, he started a war against drugs(!).

The interesting part is, though, that when different people have started talking about Clinton's affairs, they have suddenly and mysteriously died. One of them was Barry Seale, the drug smuggler. He was killed in February 1987.

•Two young boys were out walking late one night in the surroundings of Mena Airport. They were found dead on a railroad track. The examining doctor, sent by Clinton, said it was an accident. But their parents didn't agree. Later it was found that the boys had been stabbed and got their heads crushed.

•Six other persons, who had talked to the police regarding the murder of the boys, were killed themselves! Some of them had said to their families they had to leave town urgently, as they knew too much about the murders, but they were all traced and shot to death. All this happened while Clinton was the governor of Arkansas and used Mena Airport for drug smuggling.

To make research on, or accuse Clinton has too often showed to be a lethal business.

•Danny Casoloro, who investigated Clinton's involvement in stock frauds, was found dead in West Virginia.

•A lawyer from Washington, Paul Wilcher, who had made an appointment with Casoloro's former attorney, was found dead in his apartment.

•Prosecutor Charles Black wanted more money from governor Clinton to be able to continue the investigations regarding drug smuggling on Mena Airport. He got no money, but Black's mother was killed.

•The director for Clinton's Finance-campaign Committee, Ed Willke, was shot with a hail-gun.

•John Wilson, politician in Washington, threatened to reveal Clinton's dirty business. He was found swinging from a rope in 1993.

•Kathy Furguson, police in Arkansas and Clinton's bodyguard, said that Clinton was promiscuous. She was found dead with a gun in her hand. Her husband Danny denies all sex-scandals related to Clinton. He is still alive.

•Jon Parnel Walker, one of the investigators in the Whitewater affair, "fell" from a balcony in Virginia.

•C. Victor Raider II had an argument with Clinton. Raider and his son Montgomery died when their sport plane crashed.

•Mr. Friday, member of Raider's committee, and a known skilled pilot, died when his plane exploded.

•Dentist Ronald Rogers was about to meet a journalist and give information regarding Clinton when his plane crashed in clear weather.

•Luther Parks had gathered information regarding Clinton's sex habits. Clinton owed him $81.000 for security during his election campaign. He threatened Clinton to go public if he didn't get the money back. He was shot September 26th 1993.His son Gary said he had all the evidence at home and proof of Bill and Roger Clinton's drug abuse. The information was stolen shortly thereafter.

•Vincent Foster was a good friend of Clinton since childhood. His "suicide" occurred during the Whitewater investigation. The "suicide" couldn't have been such. He still had the gun in his hand when found, which is impossible after the reaction from the bullet. Also, he held the gun in his right hand, though he was left-handed! At the same time employees at "Rose Law Firm" started to destroy documents.

In Arkansas there is a law saying that autopsy is not necessary if the diseased through a court-order can be classified to have committed suicide. This law was written by Bill Clinton. Almost every death around his person has been classified as suicide.

• Options

Since you are completely unable, or unwillimg, to include the links for attribution Im going to do it for you. My guess is you are okay with the plagiarism because you think people won't find the source of your cut/paste and realize that your source, or sources, are unreliable, unbelievable and just plain ridiculous.

http://www.theforbiddenknowledge.com/hardtruth/billclintonscriminalbackground.htm

well genius I did post the source in a comment a few posts up but I knew you Hell'ry supporters wouldn't open it so I copied and pasted it for you.

Godfather.

• Options

well genius I did post the source in a comment a few posts up but I knew you Hell'ry supporters wouldn't open it so I copied and pasted it for you.

Godfather.

Damn... I thought that was sourced from the NY Times...
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:
    No. Intent is not relevant. One can be negligent without intent when it comes to the distribution of classified information. She intentionally shared classified information on an unsecure system. She might not have intentionally wanted this information to be hacked but her negligence exposed this information to foreign agencies. That is the crime. It is her position of power that is protecting her from a prosecution that others such as this sailor would clearly be subjected too. You are covering for her and in doing so are jeopardizing the prosecution of the next lower level agent who commits a similar crime.
    I'm jeopardizing future prosecutions? Are you stoned? This is the 10C forum.

Intent is relevant. Maybe it's not relevant in Canadian law, but it is here. And if you are accusing of gross negligence, then there will likely have to be damages. That's how federal statutes are typically written. And that's why she wasn't prosecuted.

I don't know how you think you are more equipped to indict her than the FBI who 1. Are law enforcement professionals and 2. Actually understand the laws of the United States.
    This articles illustrates how future prosecutions might be jeopardized.

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/nation-world/national/article88042162.html

I am not stoned but when I get to The Ride tomorrow I certainly will be!
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,982
    BS44325 said:

The "douche bag senator from Arkansas" was serving your country in Iraq while the "Plame outing", if you want to call it that, was done by Richard Armitage. Fitzgerald never prosecuted Armitage because apparently there was no crime on that front. There was no "outing" and hence no comprosmised national security all hysterics aside.
    Too bad the "Hear me Roar" senator wasn't as concerned with fighting suspected terrorists here at home as much as he was with supporting the failed Bush policies in Iraq. Also too bad that you seem unable to differentiate between asking for favors and granting favors (see Cheney, Dick, Iraq war and Haliburton), particularly as one was directly responsible for the deaths of US service members, through an inept and ill planned invasion as well as no bid, shoddy construction projects in country. Nor do you seem as concerned with Cheney's lack of transparency with formulating US energy policy. What's that smell again? All hysterics aside.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited July 2016

PJPOWER said:

Kat said:

And the circus continues. Director Comey was a special counsel on the Whitewater investigation and he's 0-2 now. He didn't give the final answer the GOP wanted so now it's more testimony, etc., to keep the circus going. It's sad and ridiculous and has been going on for decades. Enough.

That and now there may be new charges of perjury based on her statements that she "turned over all emails" during the Benghazi trial when this FBI investigation clearly showed that there were "several thousand" work related emails that were not "turned over". She most definitely has her table full...
    Horseshit....the FBI said there were many deleted emails that were deleted in the course of keeping ones inbox tidy. There was no evidence that emails were removed from the internal system. Also...there was no evidence that the other side of the emails were directed to be deleted. There is always a sender and receiver you know.
    Sounds like perjury to me...
    http://m.liveleak.com/view?i=99f_1467903589

Maybe you should stop reading posts from "Occupy Democrats" as you keep asserting that anyone that disagrees with you watched "Faux News"
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,786
    Kat said:

That's tantamount to saying something like...

"What is obvious is that the jury found OJ not guilty

Also obvious, OJ haters will never accept that fact."
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Tantamount = identical. The events are not equal so you must mean the usage of the word obvious. I guess that could somehow be a comparison of some kind. I'll leave that to grammar experts. No charges were filed but the GOP is looking for new charges...something we knew would happen to keep the circus going. :)
  • Options
    the email scandal is small potato's it like busting Al Capone for Tax evasion....in my humble opinion.
    that being said it just blows me away that she walked on that investigation ??? she and Bill must have quite a reputation and the juice to back it up, normally people lose their careers and even end up in prison for the same crime.....who said crime don't pay ?

Godfather.
  • Options
    I'm listening to the hearing as I write. It's making my veins pop. Absolutely no new information at all, but the promise of a new investigation.

Early on, the chair (Chafitz) asked Comey if Clinton lied. Comey said no several times, Chafitz pressed, so Comey clarified "not to the FBI."

Chafitz asked did she lie under oath during Benghazi hearings. Comey said he was not ordered by Congress to look into that, it was not part of the investigation.

Chafitz asked does he need an order from Congress to investigate her lying under oath. Yes.

Chafitz said "You will have such an order today, in a matter hours."

It's never going to end until both Clintons are buried six feet under ground. Literally.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,752
    edited July 2016
    I'm am really sick of the whole email thing. I seriously don't care, and I'm not even a Hillary fan. I think that she's learned her lesson, so great. Moving on.....
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    It's power politics. It's dirty and ugly. Important work of the country isn't being done while that circus goes on and on and on though. It's going to turn out all right in spite of the circus. President Hillary will work hard to fix some things while she's in office. I'm looking forward to that.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/fbis-comey-defends-decision-not-to-charge-hillary-clinton_us_577e59e4e4b0c590f7e81f19?section=

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/jul/7/fbis-comey-hillary-clinton-not-sophisticated-enoug/

I'm thinking it would be a good idea to have seminars between the depts of the gov so everyone is on the same page. d'oh. :lightbulb:
    Post edited by Kat on
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited July 2016
    Kat said:

It's power politics. It's dirty and ugly. Important work of the country isn't being done while that circus goes on and on and on though. It's going to turn out all right in spite of the circus. President Hillary will work hard to fix some things while she's in office. I'm looking forward to that.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/fbis-comey-defends-decision-not-to-charge-hillary-clinton_us_577e59e4e4b0c590f7e81f19?section=

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/jul/7/fbis-comey-hillary-clinton-not-sophisticated-enoug/

I'm thinking it would be a good idea to have seminars between the depts of the gov so everyone is on the same page. d'oh. :lightbulb:

Or she'll do a great job of lying to make it appear that she has fixed some things :)
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,752
    I don't think Hillary will fix anything, but I don't think she'll make things much worse either, which is a lot more than I can say for Trump. That man is crazy, Hillary is not. She wins.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
This discussion has been closed.