Options

Hillary won more votes for President

Comments

• Options
    Dirtie_FrankDirtie_Frank Posts: 1,348
    I will argue that there is a lot of over classifying of documents, but that is not on her to decided. It should have been reported, not strored.
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    00 Virginia Beach;Camden I; Jones Beach III
    05 Borgata Night I; Wachovia Center
    06 Letterman Show; Webcast (guy in blue shirt), Camden I; DC
    08 Camden I; Camden II; DC
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    mrussel1 said:

^^Jeff - I don't understand your comment. Was she shady as first lady? Whitewater was total BS and evolved into Lewinsky. Then she was the Senator from NY. What did she do there? Other than this email thing, what did she do that was 'shady and underhanded'? I just don't get it.

Yeah, I haven't spent many brain cells thinking about Whitewater for a long time. That was a huge waste of time and newsprint. When thinking about her as First Lady, her secret healthcare reform meetings come to mind. She wasn't being transparent (a patter which continues today). She was drafting a massive overhaul behind closed doors, and when it saw the light of day, even her/your party couldn't unite behind her 1,000 pages of bureaucratic mandates. The early 90's was when I first became suspicious about her and her motivations. Unfortunately I believe she plays the game for her own gain, and always has. There really isn't anything noble about her "service". Her life has been achieving one goal after another with her eye on the prize. That part is admirable to me on one hand, but since I don't believe she acts on any principles outside of self-interest (perhaps she is the ultimate libertarian!), it also scares me.

Again, between the two major party candidates, I sure hope Hillary pulls out the win. But I just can't understand how people are actually excited about her presidency.

"I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,164
    jeffbr said:

mrussel1 said:

^^Jeff - I don't understand your comment. Was she shady as first lady? Whitewater was total BS and evolved into Lewinsky. Then she was the Senator from NY. What did she do there? Other than this email thing, what did she do that was 'shady and underhanded'? I just don't get it.

Yeah, I haven't spent many brain cells thinking about Whitewater for a long time. That was a huge waste of time and newsprint. When thinking about her as First Lady, her secret healthcare reform meetings come to mind. She wasn't being transparent (a patter which continues today). She was drafting a massive overhaul behind closed doors, and when it saw the light of day, even her/your party couldn't unite behind her 1,000 pages of bureaucratic mandates. The early 90's was when I first became suspicious about her and her motivations. Unfortunately I believe she plays the game for her own gain, and always has. There really isn't anything noble about her "service". Her life has been achieving one goal after another with her eye on the prize. That part is admirable to me on one hand, but since I don't believe she acts on any principles outside of self-interest (perhaps she is the ultimate libertarian!), it also scares me.

Again, between the two major party candidates, I sure hope Hillary pulls out the win. But I just can't understand how people are actually excited about her presidency.

First Lady, Senator, Secretary of State....yeah....nothing noble there
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,780

Here is the bottom line. Classified emails DO NOT belong on a unclassified server. Whether it is state.gov, Gmail.com or HRC.org (Not sure what she used), Classified belongs on classified networks, like sgov or smil. There is a reason these things are not allowed on normal computer networks. Whether it was her or her staff that sent the first email classified, CONFIDENTIAL, SECRET or TOP SECRET, it should have ended then. The sender or receiver should have contacted their Staff Security Officer to report the violation, however they continued on. There continued disregard is what has people pissed, you can call it politics, it is the truth. I have worked for and with the government to know that these things should not have happened or continued. Comey stated it in his speech yesterday that anyone that works with classified should have known this was not allowed. At the very least Clinton and her staff should have their clearance revoked.

Here's the thing that I can't get past. If it's such a horrendous horrible and major issue and the people yelling about it the loudest really cared, I mean seriously were in such a frenzy over the issue of emails and their security,...why, WHY is it only about Hillary's emails?
    http://www.newsweek.com/2016/02/19/colin-powell-emails-hillary-clinton-424187.html

Oh wait, I know the answer. :)
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options

jeffbr said:

mrussel1 said:

This isn't about the titles or offices. It is about HRC. I don't think she's noble. And when she has done something that was good or noble, I absolutely believe the noble part was tangential to the self-interested piece. She's had her eye on the prize since she was a starry-eyed college kid. And she's going to achieve it. Bravo! But the reality is that people stopped talking about the Clintons and their Camelot years and years ago.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,164
    jeffbr said:

jeffbr said:

mrussel1 said:

This isn't about the titles or offices. It is about HRC. I don't think she's noble. And when she has done something that was good or noble, I absolutely believe the noble part was tangential to the self-interested piece. She's had her eye on the prize since she was a starry-eyed college kid. And she's going to achieve it. Bravo! But the reality is that people stopped talking about the Clintons and their Camelot years and years ago.
    That's fair. I don't really consider her noble but I consider her to be a far better candidate than Drumpf. I started voting Democrat 8 years ago when the GOP went off the deep end by putting Sarah Palin in the VP spot. If you think Palin is a better candidate than Hillary I'm sorry but you are just insane.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    Kat said:

Here is the bottom line. Classified emails DO NOT belong on a unclassified server. Whether it is state.gov, Gmail.com or HRC.org (Not sure what she used), Classified belongs on classified networks, like sgov or smil. There is a reason these things are not allowed on normal computer networks. Whether it was her or her staff that sent the first email classified, CONFIDENTIAL, SECRET or TOP SECRET, it should have ended then. The sender or receiver should have contacted their Staff Security Officer to report the violation, however they continued on. There continued disregard is what has people pissed, you can call it politics, it is the truth. I have worked for and with the government to know that these things should not have happened or continued. Comey stated it in his speech yesterday that anyone that works with classified should have known this was not allowed. At the very least Clinton and her staff should have their clearance revoked.

Here's the thing that I can't get past. If it's such a horrendous horrible and major issue and the people yelling about it the loudest really cared, I mean seriously were in such a frenzy over the issue of emails and their security,...why, WHY is it only about Hillary's emails?
    http://www.newsweek.com/2016/02/19/colin-powell-emails-hillary-clinton-424187.html

Oh wait, I know the answer. :)
    Yeah the answer is she is a Political Elite, it doesn't matter if it is a R or D next to her name. The political elites do no play by the same rules. Look at the Governor of Virginia that just had his conviction overturned. These elites cross the line and then claim to be unaware and get a slap on the wrist. At the very least HRC and staff should have been fined as well as a clearance suspension for moving classified to a unclassified server.
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II
  • Options
    Or that she is running for POTUS and people are scrutinized more for their decisions running for office.
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,287
    BENGHAZI!!!

since we are all throwing out buzzwords, let's investigate that one again, shall we?
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options

jeffbr said:

jeffbr said:

mrussel1 said:

That's fair. I don't really consider her noble but I consider her to be a far better candidate than Drumpf. I started voting Democrat 8 years ago when the GOP went off the deep end by putting Sarah Palin in the VP spot. If you think Palin is a better candidate than Hillary I'm sorry but you are just insane.
    Haha, I absolutely don't, and 100% agree that the Republicans were completely off their rockers attaching Palin to the ticket. I would think even John McCain laments that decision to this day. He never looked comfortable standing next to her. I bailed on the GOP in the early 80's when the Pat Robertson fundamentalist religious freaks took over the party conventions, rewrote the platform, and pushed out any chance of reasoned debate and rational dialog.It's been 35 years since I wanted anything to do with the republican party.
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,287
    funny thing is, the people that seem the most pissed off about this can't even vote in the american election.

talk about a facepalm.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,828
    jeffbr said:

mrussel1 said:

It's interesting that you saw Hillarycare as non-transparent. I don't think that's the case at all. She certainly was a neophyte and bit off more than she could chew. If you remember, she released it and then testified before Congress. And you're right that she couldn't get enough people to buy in as it never saw a floor vote. But the GOP and the industry coalesced against it and released that infamous Harry and Louise commercial. If anything, I think it taught her that change is slow and incremental and the country doesn't have a big appetite for the disruption of change. And I think that's where she really differed from Bernie.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,760
    edited July 2016

well boys and girls are you ready for TrumpNation ? I have a feeling that Hell'ary may not go to jail but the damage to her reputation as a political figure may be to damning to recover from...I hope !
    every news station I'm reading or watching is really in disbelief.

Godfather.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahah. You really are living in a dream world.
    wouldn't be funny if Trump won......the fact that anybody would vote for that criminal is beyond me but hay to each their own right ?

and what is your dream world ?

Godfather.

So where do you stand on the fact that Trump is being accused of raping a child?? Not to mention his ponzi scheme that goes under the name of Trump University, or the fact that he blatantly lied to a bunch of people with regard to the development of his Scottish golf course in order to get approval for its construction. I never see you say anything about these things, yet his actions tend to much more directly affect individuals' lives. You just keep saying that Hillary should go to jail, but Trump gets a pass somehow. It's bizarre.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    To give credit where credit is due I certainly applaud the Clinton campaign on this:

http://m.jpost.com/Diaspora/Clinton-campaign-slams-hateful-Max-Blumenthal-comments-on-the-late-Elie-Wiesel-459657#article=6023QzdFQkJDRUY1ODg5QjU4RTczMDlCMEE2MzMyNUNGMTU=

This is how one distances themselves from extremist supporters. Hopefully this finally puts an end to Blumenthal family participation in the democratic party.
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    PJ_Soul said:

well boys and girls are you ready for TrumpNation ? I have a feeling that Hell'ary may not go to jail but the damage to her reputation as a political figure may be to damning to recover from...I hope !

Godfather.

wouldn't be funny if Trump won......the fact that anybody would vote for that criminal is beyond me but hay to each their own right ?

Godfather.

So where do you stand on the fact that Trump is being accused of raping a child?? Not to mention his ponzi scheme that goes under the name of Trump University, or the fact that he blatantly lied to a bunch of people with regard to the development of his Scottish golf course in order to get approval for its construction. I never see you say anything about these things, yet his actions tend to much more directly affect individuals' lives. You just keep saying that Hillary should go to jail, but Trump gets a pass somehow. It's bizarre.
    bizarre for sure ! so Trump is accused of raping a child ? any proof of that ? I have never heard that one.
    if you are supporting Hillary just because she is a democrat than I would call that bizarre as well.
    hay let's search the interweb for "Clinton Crimes" and then "Trump Crimes" and see who has the best crimes according to deaths and drug trafficking and just for the fun of it we can throw in some "white collar crimes" as well.....I'll bet your gal Hillary and her husband Bill have a loooong list of accusations that make Trump look pretty mild comparatively speaking.

Godfather.

• Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
  • Options
    edited July 2016

PJ_Soul said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

bizarre for sure ! so Trump is accused of raping a child ? any proof of that ? I have never heard that one.
    if you are supporting Hillary just because she is a democrat than I would call that bizarre as well.
    hay let's search the interweb for "Clinton Crimes" and then "Trump Crimes" and see who has the best crimes according to deaths and drug trafficking and just for the fun of it we can throw in some "white collar crimes" as well.....I'll bet your gal Hillary and her husband Bill have a loooong list of accusations that make Trump look pretty mild comparatively speaking.

Godfather.

I'm not supporting Hillary. She is simply better than Trump.
    I have mentioned the child rape accusations a few times now in various threads, and Kat did too once - I'm surprised you haven't seen those posts. Here is the most recent article I posted about it:
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/lisa-bloom/why-the-new-child-rape-ca_b_10619944.html

And what about the other two things I mentioned?
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    does your bias against such an incredible journalist have anything to do with this? Such lovely "American" kids. lol

http://www.richardsilverstein.com/2009/06/19/blumenthals-feeling-the-hate-video-banned-by-youtube/
    BS44325 said:

To give credit where credit is due I certainly applaud the Clinton campaign on this:

http://m.jpost.com/Diaspora/Clinton-campaign-slams-hateful-Max-Blumenthal-comments-on-the-late-Elie-Wiesel-459657#article=6023QzdFQkJDRUY1ODg5QjU4RTczMDlCMEE2MzMyNUNGMTU=

This is how one distances themselves from extremist supporters. Hopefully this finally puts an end to Blumenthal family participation in the democratic party.

• Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    brianlux said:

The FBI director left the decision up to the American People. He knew that if he recommended criminal charges that the politics surrounding this would get in the way. He pretty much destroyed any credibility of HRC words that she has said over the past year + that she has not sent classified emails and then walking it back saying she never sent anything marked classified. It is now in the hands of the voter. Do you trust the billionaire who gets a too loose with his lips in remarks or do you trust the career politician who has a track record of lying to the American people?

Absolutely not! No way does Hillary get my vote. And, of course, neither does the unqualified pseudo-republican pseudo-"politician" either. What an awful presidential election this is turning out to be. By far, the worst of the dozen or so I've had the opportunity to participate in.
    Yep, for sure the worst.
  • Options
    I agree it's by far the worst that I'm aware of. It's nuts. I can't believe the politicians let it get to this point.... Now that they've basically hit rock bottom, the only direction now is up... right???
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    What our current choices are have me longing for the days of outstanding candidates like Gore v. W. Those were the days, when only one idiot was running
  • Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    rssesq said:

What our current choices are have me longing for the days of outstanding candidates like Gore v. W. Those were the days, when only one idiot was running

:lol:
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,780
    BS44325 said:
    More speculation and smear without a fact to be presented. How far the media have fallen to take that and make it a news story. Sad.
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,659
    While there is speculation that Hillary's email was probably hacked, it is a fact that the State Department's email was hacked....
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    Kat said:

BS44325 said:
    More speculation and smear without a fact to be presented. How far the media have fallen to take that and make it a news story. Sad.
    You are a looking away from what is obvious.

Another story that laws are for the little people

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/08/14/hero-marine-nailed-for-sending-classified-report-from-personal-email.html
  • Options

While there is speculation that Hillary's email was probably hacked, it is a fact that the State Department's email was hacked....

Good point. Yeah, government files are not safe no matter what Hillary did or didn't do. http://motherboard.vice.com/read/fbi-flash-alert-hacking-group-has-had-access-to-us-govt-files-for-years
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,828
    BS44325 said:

Kat said:

BS44325 said:
    You are a looking away from what is obvious.

Another story that laws are for the little people

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/08/14/hero-marine-nailed-for-sending-classified-report-from-personal-email.html
    A few things:

1. He wasn't charged with a crime, he was being discharged. Those are two different things. I don't see him sitting in Leavenworth.
    2. The UCMJ is not the same as civilian law. You don't know the differences, nor do I unless you are a part time JAG.
    3. His discharge has been delayed for at least 8 months while a Federal judge reviews the decision along with the Naval department.

You're short on all the facts. http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/story/military/2016/03/09/embattled-marine-wins-temporary-reprieve-fight-save-his-career/81521984/
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,659
    I get the point of the AC rally today and I think it was a smart move and is very fitting. That said, I'd like Hillary to take her foot off the gas a bit on the Trump attacks, talk about policy (while pointing out Trump has none), and leave the Trump bashing to Obama, Bill, Warren and the likes. Show that she is smart, capable and presidential. Leave the dirty stuff up to the other popular folks.
This discussion has been closed.