Options

Hillary won more votes for President

Comments

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,811
    I've been listening to the hearing on and off. The GOP is doing as well with this as they did with Benghazi. This is another dud on their part and if anything, gives better clarity to the lack of intent by Sec'y Clinton. Admittedly I only listened to about an hour total, but be interested what others, who are listening, think.
  • Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    edited July 2016
    PJPOWER said:

Kat said:

It's power politics. It's dirty and ugly. Important work of the country isn't being done while that circus goes on and on and on though. It's going to turn out all right in spite of the circus. President Hillary will work hard to fix some things while she's in office. I'm looking forward to that.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/fbis-comey-defends-decision-not-to-charge-hillary-clinton_us_577e59e4e4b0c590f7e81f19?section=

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/jul/7/fbis-comey-hillary-clinton-not-sophisticated-enoug/

I'm thinking it would be a good idea to have seminars between the depts of the gov so everyone is on the same page. d'oh. :lightbulb:

Or she'll do a great job of lying to make it appear that she has fixed some things :)
    For sure.
    Post edited by Free on
  • Options
    what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    mrussel1 said:

I've been listening to the hearing on and off. The GOP is doing as well with this as they did with Benghazi. This is another dud on their part and if anything, gives better clarity to the lack of intent by Sec'y Clinton. Admittedly I only listened to about an hour total, but be interested what others, who are listening, think.

It is true that Comey has clarified the term "criminal intent." That point has been asserted multiple times with force

Unfortunately, however, the questions are not stopping there. Since the GOP knows they lost that count, they are mostly attacking Clinton's judgment and character. The last round, for example, was all about how ignorant and "careless" she is, with the sole purpose of undermining her qualifications to be Commander in Chief . .

"Couldn't we assume that someone in her position would understand (insert various technical procedures). . . "

"If anybody else did the same thing . . . "

"Did she lie when she said . . . "

It's really awful and painful for me to listen to, for reasons to complex for me to even process here, but it makes me angry at my government more than anything. Kat already said it, but I woke up this morning thinking about all of the very serious problems we are challenged with right now, and we chumps, aka citizen voters, are subjected to this by our so-called leaders. They disgust me.
  • Options
    I heard this question earlier:

Mr Comey, how long have you been Director

3 years

How many cases have you personally been involved with?

10-20

Of those, how many did you have to testify before Congress after your decision?

None
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    PJ_Soul said:

I don't think Hillary will fix anything, but I don't think she'll make things much worse either, which is a lot more than I can say for Trump. That man is crazy, Hillary is not. She wins.

I sure hope not.

Godfather.

• Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,777
    edited July 2016
    mrussel1 said:

3 years

10-20

None

They want to make an example of him so any other Republican who wants to be reasonable will be afraid to do it if it's not in the PARTY's interests. I also wonder why the word McCarthyism just popped into my mind? I also notice that some are using the term reckless instead of careless, thereby trying to elevate the level of any mistake with email. That's just phony. It was recommended that no charges be filed because what happened didn't reach the necessary level of a crime.
    These are clearly dangerous times and it's important for reasonable people to remember what America is about.
    Post edited by Kat on
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,752

PJ_Soul said:

I don't think Hillary will fix anything, but I don't think she'll make things much worse either, which is a lot more than I can say for Trump. That man is crazy, Hillary is not. She wins.

I sure hope not.

Godfather.

You still haven't responded to my posts about Trump's possible crimes. I'm curious to hear your response.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Yes, mrussel, I think the Democrats are trying. But ya know, people who are paying attention closely have already made up their minds.

The people paying attention only to the secondary accounts and not listening to the full hearings with all the nuance, will read the headlines only "FBI Director testifies Clinton was extremely careless." "Clinton is not 'Sophisticated'." "Clinton's account could have been hacked." The same exact crap we've been hearing recycled on and on.
  • Options
    edited July 2016

Yes, mrussel, I think the Democrats are trying. But ya know, people who are paying attention closely have already made up their minds.

The people paying attention only to the secondary accounts and not listening to the full hearings with all the nuance, will read the headlines only "FBI Director testifies Clinton was extremely careless." "Clinton is not 'Sophisticated'." "Clinton's account could have been hacked." The same exact crap we've been hearing recycled on and on.

I think those headlines will be on the right wing papers. I'm not sure mainstream would carry that and certainly not left leaning. Good news is, as the GOP tells us all the time, the media is liberal.

WashPo: https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/fbi-director-set-to-appear-before-congressional-committee-to-answer-questions-on-clinton-investigation/2016/07/07/eb43ec7e-43c1-11e6-88d0-6adee48be8bc_story.html?hpid=hp_rhp-top-table-main_comey-testimony-1230pm:homepage/story

Comey: ‘No reasonable prosecutor’ would have charged Clinton under ‘gross negligence’ statute

• Options
    You are so optimistic. I wish my brain didn't lean toward doom and gloom :-)
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,659
    NY Times had their lead story for over 24 hours highlight the "carelessness" comments and that the GOP wasted a ready made attack. It did not go easy on Clinton by any stretch of the imagination.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,143
    mrussel1 said:

I'm still listening....Cummings is great. He actually used a block of his time to rip Trump to shreds which I thought was hilarious.

They did get Comey to admit that any classified email is SUPPOSED to have a header marked as "CLASSIFIED". Comey said there were 3 emails that contained marked classified information (marked with a (c)) in the body of the email but NOT in the subject line.

So when Clinton said that she did not send or receive any emails marked as classifed that is what she was referring to.

Now it is being discussed that the email that had the "(c)" marking in it did not actually contain classified information...that the markings were in error.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options

mrussel1 said:

I'm still listening....Cummings is great. He actually used a block of his time to rip Trump to shreds which I thought was hilarious.

They did get Comey to admit that any classified email is SUPPOSED to have a header marked as "CLASSIFIED". Comey said there were 3 emails that contained marked classified information (marked with a (c)) in the body of the email but NOT in the subject line.

So when Clinton said that she did not send or receive any emails marked as classifed that is what she was referring to.

Now it is being discussed that the email that had the "(c)" marking in it did not actually contain classified information...that the markings were in error.
    Yep. The "c" in the body is very important. Just because someone receives an email doesn't mean they read it. In fact, I'm the poster child for that. I get so backed up on emails that I eventually do a 'mass delete'. If someone really needs something for me, they'll show up in my office or call me.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

I sure hope not.

Godfather.

You still haven't responded to my posts about Trump's possible crimes. I'm curious to hear your response.
    I know of no crimes he's committed, has he been charged with anything ? or are you speaking of the internet variety crimes ? I don't know of any of those either.
    lets face it man his only crime that we know of is being extremely wealthy and business minded
    or are you speaking of failed business ventures ? (only a few) I don't think they fall under the criminal heading.

Godfather.

• Options
    edited July 2016

mrussel1 said:

Cummings's opening statement included a plea to have hearings on the classification system itself. Honestly, I tend to think all this classified crap is overblown. Living in the DC metro area, I know lots of friends with security clearances. Almost all them either have one, are married to or are the child/sibling of someone with one. I myself have been listed as a reference to two people going through clearance. I believe the total number of people with some kind of clearance is in the 100s of thousands. How in the hell do 100s of thousands of people keep information secure?

Though none of my friends have ever shared specific "secrets" with me, all of them agree that a lot of really stupid shit is marked classified. There are always a few bravados, usually the Pentagon people, who think they're really special shit because they do Top Secret stuff. But overall, I suspect most of it is inconsequential. When I hear all this about 3 emails, or even 110 out of more than 30,000, I know the content could be as simple as "I got the memo about X. Thanks."

Earlier in the hearing, it was also mentioned that none of the emails transmitted actual classified file attachments of important documents. It was all just "reference to classified subjects." Whatever that means, we'll never know.
  • Options
    edited July 2016

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

I sure hope not.

Godfather.

I know of no crimes he's committed, has he been charged with anything ? or are you speaking of the internet variety crimes ? I don't know of any of those either.
    lets face it man his only crime that we know of is being extremely wealthy and business minded
    or are you speaking of failed business ventures ? (only a few) I don't think they fall under the criminal heading.

Godfather.

I specifically asked about his possible crimes. To remind you what I said in a post that you read and was addressed to you directly, I am talking about the accusations of child rape (these are official allegations in court), fraud via Trump University, and purposefully deceiving local officials with regards to his Scottish golf course development.
    This makes no sense GF. Are you constantly going off about Hillary's crimes, and she has not been charged with anything either. How can you possible say what you just said to me, and still say those things about Hillary. I'm seriously asking. Please take a bit of time to think about it and make the comparison.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

I sure hope not.

Godfather.

Godfather.

I specifically asked about his possible crimes. To remind you what I said in a post that you read and was addressed to you directly, I am talking about the accusations of child rape (these are official allegations in court), fraud via Trump University, and purposefully deceiving local officials with regards to his Scottish golf course development.
    This makes no sense GF. Are you constantly going off about Hillary's crimes, and she has not been charged with anything either. How can you possible say what you just said to me, and still say those things about Hillary. I'm seriously asking. Please take a bit of time to think about it and make the comparison.
    how can say those thing's ? quite easily, open your eyes...forget about trump for awhile and look at what has happened all around the Clintons for so long, I doubt trump is a baby raper but if he is he should be hung by his nuts, financial or political status should not give anybody a free pass to commit crimes, and " and purposefully deceiving local officials with regards to his Scottish golf course development" if that's his biggest crime ??? good grief do you know what "local officals" have done to low level investors....fuck em !

Godfather.

• Options
    edited July 2016

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

I sure hope not.

Godfather.

Godfather.

how can say those thing's ? quite easily, open your eyes...forget about trump for awhile and look at what has happened all around the Clintons for so long, I doubt trump is a baby raper but if he is he should be hung by his nuts, financial or political status should not give anybody a free pass to commit crimes, and " and purposefully deceiving local officials with regards to his Scottish golf course development" if that's his biggest crime ??? good grief do you know what "local officals" have done to low level investors....fuck em !

Godfather.

This has nothing to do with my feelings about Trump vs Clinton. I'm asking how you accuse Hillary of being a criminal and say she should be in prison even though she's never been charged with a crime, let alone convicted, and then turn around and make a big point about how Trump can't be called a criminal because he has never been charged. You are just completely contradicting your own line of thinking. Are you perhaps not aware that you're doing it?
    And FWIW, it's not the local officials he screwed. It was every private citizen in the community surrounding the golf course who got screwed by him, very deliberately. He specifically hurt and lied to people so that he could just do whatever he wanted to earn money (the fact that the real, filed accusations of him raping a 13 year old while he was hanging out with David Steinberg doesn't phase you in the least is rather disturbing as well. Okay, IF he did it he should be strung up by the balls... but unless he is convicted you will ignore the accusations completely .... But if it were Hillary, you'd be foaming at the mouth, and you know it).
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    Kat said:

mrussel1 said:

3 years

10-20

None

They want to make an example of him so any other Republican who wants to be reasonable will be afraid to do it if it's not in the PARTY's interests. I also wonder why the word McCarthyism just popped into my mind? I also notice that some are using the term reckless instead of careless, thereby trying to elevate the level of any mistake with email. That's just phony. It was recommended that no charges be filed because what happened didn't reach the necessary level of a crime.
    These are clearly dangerous times and it's important for reasonable people to remember what America is about.
    Are we not about holding our representatives responsible for their carelessness and recklessness? If she is careless with her duties as Secretary of State, is it not safe to conclude that she would also be careless with her duties as the president? Reckless would be her throwing a book at a car driver's head...oh wait she did that too. She seems to display both reckless and careless behavior through many examples in the past. Have we not had enough of those presidents in the past?
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,457
    PJPOWER said:

Kat said:

mrussel1 said:

3 years

10-20

None

Are we not about holding our representatives responsible for their carelessness and recklessness? If she is careless with her duties as Secretary of State, is it not safe to conclude that she would also be careless with her duties as the president? Reckless would be her throwing a book at a car driver's head...oh wait she did that too. She seems to display both reckless and careless behavior through many examples in the past. Have we not had enough of those presidents in the past?
    And then you have Trump can you really say with total conviction that he would be less reckless or better fit to be President ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    edited July 2016

PJPOWER said:

Kat said:

mrussel1 said:

3 years

10-20

None

And then you have Trump can you really say with total conviction that he would be less reckless or better fit to be President ...
    Did I say that? Isn't this a Hillary thread? I think they both suck on almost the same level, I can say that with conviction. I'm just surprised at how many people love her in this thread.
    I read a joke the other day: "If Hillary and Donald were on sinking boat in the middle of the ocean and had to swim to shore, who would win??? America, America would win". Lol
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

Kat said:

mrussel1 said:

3 years

10-20

None

Did I say that? Isn't this a Hillary thread? I think they both suck on almost the same level, I can say that with conviction. I'm just surprised at how many people love her in this thread.
    I read a joke the other day: "If Hillary and Donald were on sinking boat in the middle of the ocean and had to swim to shore, who would win??? America, America would win". Lol
    No I'm not saying you said it but rather stating that this is it these two are what is left to choose from , if it's not her then it will be him and I'd say she is better for the job I wish we did have more viable choices !
  • Options
    edited July 2016

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

Kat said:

mrussel1 said:

3 years

10-20

None

No I'm not saying you said it but rather stating that this is it these two are what is left to choose from , if it's not her then it will be him and I'd say she is better for the job I wish we did have more viable choices !
    So shit>shit? I'm yet to be convinced that she would do a better job.
  • Options
    http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2016/7/7/1546038/-Comey-tanks-key-GOP-talking-point-admits-classified-materials-were-not-properly-marked?detail=facebook
    MATT CARTWRIGHT: You were asked about markings on a few documents, I have the manual here, marking national classified security information. And I don't think you were given a full chance to talk about those three documents with the little c's on them. Were they properly documented? Were they properly marked according to the manual?

JAMES COMEY: No. [...]

MATT CARTWRIGHT: According to the manual, if you're going to classify something, there has to be a header on the document? Right?

JAMES COMEY: Correct.

MATT CARTWRIGHT: Was there a header on the three documents that we've discussed today that had the little c in the text someplace?

JAMES COMEY: No. There were three e-mails, the c was in the body, in the text, but there was no header on the email or in the text.

MATT CARTWRIGHT: So if Secretary Clinton really were an expert about what's classified and what's not classified and we're following the manual, the absence of a header would tell her immediately that those three documents were not classified. Am I correct in that?

JAMES COMEY: That would be a reasonable inference.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    Dirtie_FrankDirtie_Frank Posts: 1,348
    I have come to the conclusion that Comey was correct no criminal charges should be levied. However, as of today she should have her security clearance revoked. If she becomes POTUS then it can be reinstated because of the need to know. That is the issue many people have,is the neglect she showed for classified material.
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    00 Virginia Beach;Camden I; Jones Beach III
    05 Borgata Night I; Wachovia Center
    06 Letterman Show; Webcast (guy in blue shirt), Camden I; DC
    08 Camden I; Camden II; DC
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

Kat said:

mrussel1 said:

3 years

10-20

None

Really you are saying that she would be just as bad as Trump because there is no way I can be convinced that his qualified to be POTUS ...
  • Options

http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2016/7/7/1546038/-Comey-tanks-key-GOP-talking-point-admits-classified-materials-were-not-properly-marked?detail=facebook

MATT CARTWRIGHT: You were asked about markings on a few documents, I have the manual here, marking national classified security information. And I don't think you were given a full chance to talk about those three documents with the little c's on them. Were they properly documented? Were they properly marked according to the manual?

JAMES COMEY: No. [...]

MATT CARTWRIGHT: According to the manual, if you're going to classify something, there has to be a header on the document? Right?

JAMES COMEY: Correct.

MATT CARTWRIGHT: Was there a header on the three documents that we've discussed today that had the little c in the text someplace?

JAMES COMEY: No. There were three e-mails, the c was in the body, in the text, but there was no header on the email or in the text.

MATT CARTWRIGHT: So if Secretary Clinton really were an expert about what's classified and what's not classified and we're following the manual, the absence of a header would tell her immediately that those three documents were not classified. Am I correct in that?

JAMES COMEY: That would be a reasonable inference.
    However, a classification mark does not make the information classified. They are twisting the policy. I cannot write something up that is classified and because there is no header and footer it is unclassified. That is not how it works. Look both sides were having political theater today.
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II
  • Options

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

Kat said:

mrussel1 said:

3 years

10-20

None

Really you are saying that she would be just as bad as Trump because there is no way I can be convinced that his qualified to be POTUS ...
    Her carelessness with her email usage pertaining to confidential information should disqualify her for any security clearances, a requirement for POTUS, disqualifying her for POTUS as well :)
  • Options

I have come to the conclusion that Comey was correct no criminal charges should be levied. However, as of today she should have her security clearance revoked. If she becomes POTUS then it can be reinstated because of the need to know. That is the issue many people have,is the neglect she showed for classified material.

She isn't Sec of State anymore...she has no clearance

• Options

She isn't Sec of State anymore...she has no clearance
    Candidates for the POTUS get to have security briefings. DNI Clapper can suspend her clearance while a candidate, if she becomes POTUS her clearance will be reinstated.
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II
This discussion has been closed.