Hillary won more votes for President

Comments

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,870
    mrussel1 said:

jeffbr said:

rgambs said:

rgambs said:

My polling place had a line a block and a half long at 8 am. Have voted there for 8 years and have never seen it like that. My sister in a nearby neighborhood waited a half hour. Saw numerous long lines throughout the city on my bike on the way into work. I will be leaving work early to vote, wasn't waiting in that line.

If Trump was banking on low turnout or enthusiasm in Philly, it would seem he was sadly mistaken.

There should never be lines like that to vote, it's a fucking shame.
    If you think long lines in inner cities has nothing to do with voter suppression of democrats you are a damn fool.
    People wait in longer lines to get on rides in Disney World. I LOVE IT that lines are long for voting. Yay for democracy!

I volunteered at my precinct for the 5-7 AM shift. It was 33 degrees out, and not a single person left because of a 25-minute wait in line or the cold.

Voting is EASY.
    Disney World isn't a right, it's a privilege!
    Voting should be easy and shouldn't require standing in the cold at all. If the parties want to spend billions on tv ads, they should be required to contribute a percentage to an election board that facilitates voting access.
    I live in an all mail-in ballot state. No lines! All voters get their ballots mailed to them. I took a few evenings, went through the ballot slowly and carefully, and then just dropped it in a collection box. It can also just be dropped in your mailbox. No lines. No weather. No transportation issues. Easy!
    But if you know who loses Washington State he'll claim that the USPS was in on the rigging.
    :fearful:
    Mail Innovations was hired to move WA ballots.
    Uh oh!!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    edited November 2016

MSNBC has no shame. Have the khans on now

You mean having the Khans on suggests that MSNBC is attempting to remind people to not vote for Trump? ... I dunno, I think it's a little late for that. I don't think anybody is changing their minds about voting Trump because of the Khans at this stage of the game.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    Wow. Georgia going to Hilliary.
    Game over!
    JC29856 said:

Game over!

Shit, I better get off line now! We haven't even left work on the west coast, and you're ruining all the surprises!
    PJ_Soul said:

JC29856 said:

Game over!

Shit, I better get off line now! We haven't even left work on the west coast, and you're ruining all the surprises!
    My bad, I'll go in timeout.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    JC29856 said:

Game over!

This is not accurate either
  • JC29856 said:

Game over!

Please stop. You're clogging things up for people hoping to find real news.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,309
    Vermont called for HRC.... so much for the scenario where the EV ties and Bernie wins through the House vote.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    If Georgia is close though...
    PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

jeffbr said:

rgambs said:

rgambs said:

My polling place had a line a block and a half long at 8 am. Have voted there for 8 years and have never seen it like that. My sister in a nearby neighborhood waited a half hour. Saw numerous long lines throughout the city on my bike on the way into work. I will be leaving work early to vote, wasn't waiting in that line.

If Trump was banking on low turnout or enthusiasm in Philly, it would seem he was sadly mistaken.

If you think long lines in inner cities has nothing to do with voter suppression of democrats you are a damn fool.
    People wait in longer lines to get on rides in Disney World. I LOVE IT that lines are long for voting. Yay for democracy!

I volunteered at my precinct for the 5-7 AM shift. It was 33 degrees out, and not a single person left because of a 25-minute wait in line or the cold.

Voting is EASY.
    Voting should be easy and shouldn't require standing in the cold at all. If the parties want to spend billions on tv ads, they should be required to contribute a percentage to an election board that facilitates voting access.
    I live in an all mail-in ballot state. No lines! All voters get their ballots mailed to them. I took a few evenings, went through the ballot slowly and carefully, and then just dropped it in a collection box. It can also just be dropped in your mailbox. No lines. No weather. No transportation issues. Easy!
    But if you know who loses Washington State he'll claim that the USPS was in on the rigging.
    :fearful:
    Mail Innovations was hired to move WA ballots.
    Uh oh!!
    Just got my vault 6 note a minute ago. I guess by Christmas I'll have it.
  • If Georgia is close though...

That would be unreal and we could all go to bed early.
    JC29856 said:

PJ_Soul said:

JC29856 said:

Game over!

My bad, I'll go in timeout.
    Lol, my fault!
    edited November 2016
    (Btw, it is total madness that things are already being called and results being released before all polls are closed. :dizzy: Shouldn't be legal IMO )
    PJ_Soul said:

(Btw, it is total madness that things are already being called and results being released before all polls are closed. :dizzy: Shouldn't be legal IMO )

Are you seeing a state bring called before their polls close? The media self imposed a moratorium on that several years ago.
  • what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    rgambs said:

JC29856 said:

rgambs said:

rgambs said:

Voting is EASY.
    Boom goes the dynamite.

I don't think anyone should have to wait more than 20 minutes to vote. $1billion election
    $7 billion Halloween. Americans spent more on Halloween candy than they have on our election.

The billion election dollars don't go to state and local election commissions, and God forbid we raise any taxes to upgrade our systems.

In my locality, they couldn't get enough poll workers to check people in. VOLUNTEERS are spread thin, some working 5 AM TO 7 PM -- 14 hour plus shifts -- to process people. Give them a fucking break. Shut up and vote, you entitled whiners.
    Come down off your high horse and stop being defensive. So you volunteer. Cool. That doesn't mean you have to defend the indefensible.
    Get on board with making voting easier and getting some of the money to people like yourself, don't insult people arrogantly.

I voted, I don't live in an anthill (remember, a trailer in Amish country lol) so there was no wait.
    Here's a suggestion. Get involved in your community. Call your locally elected officials after the election and find out the average wait time at all precincts instead of relying on generalized news media reports of "lines" "somewhere," probably nowhere near where you live. Then, if it was a problem, get together with some like-minded individuals and do something about it. After the last election in my locality, this happened: fairfaxcounty.gov/electioncommission/election-commission-report.htm And guess what? As recommended by this commission, every precinct this election had electronic check-in stations with drivers licence scanners so people could get in and out in 25 minutes. We even had "curbside voting" at every single polling place for people with physical disabilities. Teachers were told to "work at home" on our workday to free up parking spaces for voters at school polling locations. Only one polling place was a two-precinct polling place. Pretty much every recommendation in the commission report was implemented. Ironically, the people who slowed down the lines were the ones (the few) who didn't bring a drivers license and used some other photo ID instead that couldn't be scanned. Uh-oh. You know what that means. It must be Democratic Voter Suppression!!!!! We've got to allow the poor black voters to slow down the line or it just won't be fair!!!!! (Do you hear how ridiculous that sounds? It is ridiculous when you realize that A UNIFORM VOTER ID SPEEDS UP THE LINES.)

I have no problem at all with making voter easier. I never said don't make it easier. I said quit whining about waiting in a line as though your rights are being trampled on when localities are working with what they have to make the election happen. Celebrate democracy. Get out of your damned trailer, spend time with your neighbors, and join together in this wonderful communal event. The only thing you hear in my voice is my being sick of all the people in this country who do nothing but bitch, bitch, bitch about everything that's wrong and then when I attend a government meeting, CRICKETS. The room is practically empty. The same people always show up, and then everybody else gets mad at the decisions that the people who show up recommend. You want things to move and shake in your favor? Public meetings are OPEN to all members of the public. Find your seat at the table.
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

rgambs said:

JC29856 said:

rgambs said:

rgambs said:

Voting is EASY.
    Boom goes the dynamite.

I don't think anyone should have to wait more than 20 minutes to vote. $1billion election
    $7 billion Halloween. Americans spent more on Halloween candy than they have on our election.

The billion election dollars don't go to state and local election commissions, and God forbid we raise any taxes to upgrade our systems.

In my locality, they couldn't get enough poll workers to check people in. VOLUNTEERS are spread thin, some working 5 AM TO 7 PM -- 14 hour plus shifts -- to process people. Give them a fucking break. Shut up and vote, you entitled whiners.
    Come down off your high horse and stop being defensive. So you volunteer. Cool. That doesn't mean you have to defend the indefensible.
    Get on board with making voting easier and getting some of the money to people like yourself, don't insult people arrogantly.

I voted, I don't live in an anthill (remember, a trailer in Amish country lol) so there was no wait.
    Here's a suggestion. Get involved in your community. Call your locally elected officials after the election and find out the average wait time at all precincts instead of relying on generalized news media reports of "lines" "somewhere," probably nowhere near where you live. Then, if it was a problem, get together with some like-minded individuals and do something about it. After the last election in my locality, this happened: fairfaxcounty.gov/electioncommission/election-commission-report.htm And guess what? As recommended by this commission, every precinct this election had electronic check-in stations with drivers licence scanners so people could get in and out in 25 minutes. We even had "curbside voting" at every single polling place for people with physical disabilities. Teachers were told to "work at home" on our workday to free up parking spaces for voters at school polling locations. Only one polling place was a two-precinct polling place. Pretty much every recommendation in the commission report was implemented. Ironically, the people who slowed down the lines were the ones (the few) who didn't bring a drivers license and used some other photo ID instead that couldn't be scanned. Uh-oh. You know what that means. It must be Democratic Voter Suppression!!!!! We've got to allow the poor black voters to slow down the line or it just won't be fair!!!!! (Do you hear how ridiculous that sounds? It is ridiculous when you realize that A UNIFORM VOTER ID SPEEDS UP THE LINES.)

I have no problem at all with making voter easier. I never said don't make it easier. I said quit whining about waiting in a line as though your rights are being trampled on when localities are working with what they have to make the election happen. Celebrate democracy. Get out of your damned trailer, spend time with your neighbors, and join together in this wonderful communal event. The only thing you hear in my voice is my being sick of all the people in this country who do nothing but bitch, bitch, bitch about everything that's wrong and then when I attend a government meeting, CRICKETS. The room is practically empty. The same people always show up, and then everybody else gets mad at the decisions that the people who show up recommend. You want things to move and shake in your favor? Public meetings are OPEN to all members of the public. Find your seat at the table.
    If you read my posts, I haven't waited in line to vote, (ever, actually) my concern is for democracy at large.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

Former Assistant Director at the FBI Tom Fuentes

Probably not Gern approved

He doesn't work for the FBI or Justice. That's the meaning of 'official'. The people telling Fuentes may very well be the same sources that were leaking to Rudy which forced Comey's hand on the letter (if he had to be forced). I'm not saying there isn't an investigation, but the leaks could be just intended to sway the voters without having any merit.
    I understand but you see how "official" is an impossibility at this stage. By your standards all reporting should be ignored on any topic regardless of how many corroborating sources there are. With respect to the foundation there are many sources and multiple news agencies reporting that the foundation is being investigated. Nobody knows what the result will be but the investigation is happening. Also I believe Comey forced his own hand when he told congress under oth that he would update them if new evidence became available. That one statement required him to send that letter and the letter was sent before Rudy got involved.
    You mean like "yellow cake" and "aluminum tubes?" Or VP Cheney on the Sunday morning circuit?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

He doesn't work for the FBI or Justice. That's the meaning of 'official'. The people telling Fuentes may very well be the same sources that were leaking to Rudy which forced Comey's hand on the letter (if he had to be forced). I'm not saying there isn't an investigation, but the leaks could be just intended to sway the voters without having any merit.
    I understand but you see how "official" is an impossibility at this stage. By your standards all reporting should be ignored on any topic regardless of how many corroborating sources there are. With respect to the foundation there are many sources and multiple news agencies reporting that the foundation is being investigated. Nobody knows what the result will be but the investigation is happening. Also I believe Comey forced his own hand when he told congress under oth that he would update them if new evidence became available. That one statement required him to send that letter and the letter was sent before Rudy got involved.
    You mean like "yellow cake" and "aluminum tubes?" Or VP Cheney on the Sunday morning circuit?
    You're back!

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

H2M! H2M! H2M!
  • what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    edited November 2016
    rgambs said:

rgambs said:

JC29856 said:

rgambs said:

rgambs said:

Voting is EASY.
    Boom goes the dynamite.

If you read my posts, I haven't waited in line to vote, (ever, actually) my concern is for democracy at large.
    Fact -- lines are long
    Your interpretation of the fact -- democracy is doomed
    My interpretation of the fact -- democracy is alive and well
  • BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

You're back!
    Just in time to ruin this shit show of a thread. I went to TOTD last night and woke up in Temple Bar. I think Stone did it to keep me from voting.

Can we discuss Yemen now?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Brilliantati©
    edited November 2016

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

You're back!
    Just in time to ruin this shit show of a thread. I went to TOTD last night and woke up in Temple Bar. I think Stone did it to keep me from voting.

You know I'm heartened by how many of us went to TOTD. Shows we remember why we're on this board.
  • Even I know that if we were all in the same bar together pre/post show, we'd be buying each other rounds and laughing our asses off.

Brilliantati©
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,569

Even I know that if we were all in the same bar together pre/post show, we'd be buying each other rounds and laughing our asses off.

Cheers, bud!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Even I know that if we were all in the same bar together pre/post show, we'd be buying each other rounds and laughing our asses off.

As long as we just talk about the weather and PJ. :wink:
    Welcome back.
  • BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

You're back!

Not yet. Heading to San Fran in a couple of daus for my TOTD shows. We can talk about Yemen when I get back.
    Looks like PA will hand Hilliary the presidency.
  • FreeFree Posts: 3,562

JC29856 said:

Game over!

The real news is Hillary won a long time ago, we already knew it!
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Free said:

JC29856 said:

Game over!

The real news is Hillary won a long time ago, we already knew it!
    The part of me that hopes for Trump to win so that your foolishness will be laid bare is about the size of a carbon atom...bit it is there lol
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,477
    Gibsons whiskey + CNN = stress.
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

This discussion has been closed.