Hillary won more votes for President

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710

OnWis97 said:

OnWis97 said:

rgambs said:

Yeah, a rude awakening if you think Trump can swing a landslide victory!
    Will you come back to eat crow if you prediction fails or will you pretend it never happened.

OK, I probably pushed it on "landslide" but he only needs to flip a couple of states. He flipped Minnesota on Sunday and the post-transit strike in Philly is kind of a mess. She needs Philly to win PA. His supporters are more energized than hers.

And FWIW, I'd be happy to eat that crow.

Maybe no landslide, but Trump wins.

according to CNN projections, HRC has 268 locked up, Trump has 204. with 66 being battleground. he has to win ALL OF THOSE TO WIN.

he's not winning.
    http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/

If you believe 538, Trump has 235 locked up. Not one of his states is in jeopardy. All he needs to do is win toss-up NC and Florida and he'll shock the world.

if you believe 538, trump has a 28% chance of winning. those ain't good odds.
    You mean a map that looks like this?

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,477
    edited November 2016

OnWis97 said:

OnWis97 said:

rgambs said:

Will you come back to eat crow if you prediction fails or will you pretend it never happened.

OK, I probably pushed it on "landslide" but he only needs to flip a couple of states. He flipped Minnesota on Sunday and the post-transit strike in Philly is kind of a mess. She needs Philly to win PA. His supporters are more energized than hers.

according to CNN projections, HRC has 268 locked up, Trump has 204. with 66 being battleground. he has to win ALL OF THOSE TO WIN.

he's not winning.

If you believe 538, Trump has 235 locked up. Not one of his states is in jeopardy. All he needs to do is win toss-up NC and Florida and he'll shock the world.

if you believe 538, trump has a 28% chance of winning. those ain't good odds.
    You mean a map that looks like this?

if you mean a map of the US, why yes, it was.

but someone coloured some of the states in your map incorrectly.
    Post edited by HughFreakingDillon on
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    jeffbr said:

dignin said:

what's everyone drinking tonight?

Maybe scotch. I have some friends coming over to watch the results, win or lose, we hit the booze.
    Bourbon. Smoke a little green and drink a little whiskey watching the election results. Repeat the process tomorrow to watch the lawsuit results. USA! USA! USA!
    So much Bourbon. Want it to go late in to the night for entertainment purposes. I need handwringing and rhetorical bloodletting on all sides. A loss on either side will hopefully give me the public infighting that I crave.
  • what's everyone drinking tonight?

not sure yet....either vodka/soda with a splash of red bull or....might do cold beer with bourbon

what about you?
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • JimmyV said:

I'm drinking Ketel One tonight. Lots of it. The girlfriend has a bottle of champagne ready to pop when the call gets made.

I've pushed all my meetings tomorrow till the afternoon.

I get the Kirkland vodka....tall bottle is like $20/bottle. They swear it is Grey Goose
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    edited November 2016
    I drank too much last night. We already know who won. There's nothing to celebrate w/ establishment winning once again.

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.
    Post edited by Free on
    Free said:

I drank too much last night. We already know who won.

you were at Clinton's victory party last night? how was it? did trump's head explode? was alec baldwin there?

www.headstonesband.com

I was celebrating TOTD.

not sure yet....either vodka/soda with a splash of red bull or....might do cold beer with bourbon

what about you?
    not sure. maybe mexican beer and some nasty clams.

www.headstonesband.com

Philly is looking at potential record turnout eclipsing the 70% from 2008. All it takes is that orange lunatic to bring this city together.
  • CM189191CM189191 Posts: 6,927
    OnWis97 said:

OnWis97 said:

rgambs said:

he's not winning.

and of course NC & FL are where the GOP is causing the most trouble today
    HERE'S A MAP OF THE PROBLEMS AT THE POLLS SO FAR
    Live updates of Election Day snafus, shenanigans, and suppression.
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    Free said:

I was celebrating TOTD.

Same here, pinot noir hard, tonight champagne
    Free said:

I was celebrating TOTD.

then it was YOU who won.

www.headstonesband.com

• JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,475

Xanax!

Free said:

I was celebrating TOTD.

then it was YOU who won.
    :joy:
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405

Have some tasty beers in the fridge and some Monkey Puzzle Whiskey
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

JC29856 said:

rgambs said:

rgambs said:

My polling place had a line a block and a half long at 8 am. Have voted there for 8 years and have never seen it like that. My sister in a nearby neighborhood waited a half hour. Saw numerous long lines throughout the city on my bike on the way into work. I will be leaving work early to vote, wasn't waiting in that line.

If Trump was banking on low turnout or enthusiasm in Philly, it would seem he was sadly mistaken.

There should never be lines like that to vote, it's a fucking shame.
    If you think long lines in inner cities has nothing to do with voter suppression of democrats you are a damn fool.
    People wait in longer lines to get on rides in Disney World. I LOVE IT that lines are long for voting. Yay for democracy!

I volunteered at my precinct for the 5-7 AM shift. It was 33 degrees out, and not a single person left because of a 25-minute wait in line or the cold.

Voting is EASY.
    Disney World isn't a right, it's a privilege!
    Voting should be easy and shouldn't require standing in the cold at all. If the parties want to spend billions on tv ads, they should be required to contribute a percentage to an election board that facilitates voting access.
    Boom goes the dynamite.

I don't think anyone should have to wait more than 20 minutes to vote. $1billion election
    $7 billion Halloween. Americans spent more on Halloween candy than they have on our election.

The billion election dollars don't go to state and local election commissions, and God forbid we raise any taxes to upgrade our systems.

In my locality, they couldn't get enough poll workers to check people in. VOLUNTEERS are spread thin, some working 5 AM TO 7 PM -- 14 hour plus shifts -- to process people. Give them a fucking break. Shut up and vote, you entitled whiners.
    Come down off your high horse and stop being defensive. So you volunteer. Cool. That doesn't mean you have to defend the indefensible.
    Get on board with making voting easier and getting some of the money to people like yourself, don't insult people arrogantly.

I voted, I don't live in an anthill (remember, a trailer in Amish country lol) so there was no wait.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    Congrats Madame Clinton, congrats Hilliary backers!
    President elect Hilliary Clinton.

CNN just called the election for Hilliary.
    JC29856 said:

Congrats Madame Clinton, congrats Hilliary backers!
    President elect Hilliary Clinton.

CNN just called the election for Hilliary.

Already?
    No
    I thought that would be pretty crazy, but crazy is what this election is all about.

Nice trolling JC, Mama must be real proud of her little internet maestro!
    VERY long lines in Philly still
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    Free said:

I was celebrating TOTD.

Ha! Something we agree on :). Up too late, drank too much. Pizza on the street corner at 03:00 was awesome, though.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,125
    Free said:

I was celebrating TOTD.

I was at the show last night ! Great fucking show drank beers , will have to drink wine tonight ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,569
    edited November 2016
    Ohhhhhhhhhhhh, now I get it. I was thinking "Tipple Of The Day".

No, you all meant.. Temple of the...

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,659
    jeffbr said:

rgambs said:

rgambs said:

My polling place had a line a block and a half long at 8 am. Have voted there for 8 years and have never seen it like that. My sister in a nearby neighborhood waited a half hour. Saw numerous long lines throughout the city on my bike on the way into work. I will be leaving work early to vote, wasn't waiting in that line.

If Trump was banking on low turnout or enthusiasm in Philly, it would seem he was sadly mistaken.

If you think long lines in inner cities has nothing to do with voter suppression of democrats you are a damn fool.
    People wait in longer lines to get on rides in Disney World. I LOVE IT that lines are long for voting. Yay for democracy!

I volunteered at my precinct for the 5-7 AM shift. It was 33 degrees out, and not a single person left because of a 25-minute wait in line or the cold.

Voting is EASY.
    Voting should be easy and shouldn't require standing in the cold at all. If the parties want to spend billions on tv ads, they should be required to contribute a percentage to an election board that facilitates voting access.
    I live in an all mail-in ballot state. No lines! All voters get their ballots mailed to them. I took a few evenings, went through the ballot slowly and carefully, and then just dropped it in a collection box. It can also just be dropped in your mailbox. No lines. No weather. No transportation issues. Easy!
    But if you know who loses Washington State he'll claim that the USPS was in on the rigging.
    :fearful:
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,309

jeffbr said:

rgambs said:

rgambs said:

Voting is EASY.
    I live in an all mail-in ballot state. No lines! All voters get their ballots mailed to them. I took a few evenings, went through the ballot slowly and carefully, and then just dropped it in a collection box. It can also just be dropped in your mailbox. No lines. No weather. No transportation issues. Easy!
    But if you know who loses Washington State he'll claim that the USPS was in on the rigging.
    Mail Innovations was hired to move WA ballots.
  • BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    mrussel1 said:

jeffbr said:

rgambs said:

rgambs said:

Voting is EASY.
    Haaaaa...that is good shit.
    MSNBC has no shame. Have the khans on now
  • jeffbrjeffbr Posts: 7,177
    mrussel1 said:

jeffbr said:

rgambs said:

rgambs said:

Voting is EASY.
    Well, once our ballots get done with their tour of the nation, we should have our results sometime in April 2017!
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
This discussion has been closed.