Hillary won more votes for President

Comments

• OnWis97 said:

Trump/Pence - 28,000 people in Michigan at midnight

Hillary/President/First Lady/Bill Clinton/Springsteen/Bon Jovi - 33,000 in the middle of Philadelphia at 7pm

It is amazing the crowds that Trump is able to get to just listen to him talk.

He's really bringing him out...some people are going to be in for a rude awakening. He's going to win; in a landslide.
    No. He's not. Can he win? Yeah, but it will be tough. Can he win in a landslide? Abso-fucking-lutely not...
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Yeah, a rude awakening if you think Trump can swing a landslide victory!
    Will you come back to eat crow if you prediction fails or will you pretend it never happened.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,115

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    rgambs said:

My polling place had a line a block and a half long at 8 am. Have voted there for 8 years and have never seen it like that. My sister in a nearby neighborhood waited a half hour. Saw numerous long lines throughout the city on my bike on the way into work. I will be leaving work early to vote, wasn't waiting in that line.

If Trump was banking on low turnout or enthusiasm in Philly, it would seem he was sadly mistaken.

There should never be lines like that to vote, it's a fucking shame.
    If you think long lines in inner cities has nothing to do with voter suppression of democrats you are a damn fool.
    People wait in longer lines to get on rides in Disney World. I LOVE IT that lines are long for voting. Yay for democracy!

I volunteered at my precinct for the 5-7 AM shift. It was 33 degrees out, and not a single person left because of a 25-minute wait in line or the cold.

Voting is EASY.

rgambs said:

My polling place had a line a block and a half long at 8 am. Have voted there for 8 years and have never seen it like that. My sister in a nearby neighborhood waited a half hour. Saw numerous long lines throughout the city on my bike on the way into work. I will be leaving work early to vote, wasn't waiting in that line.

If Trump was banking on low turnout or enthusiasm in Philly, it would seem he was sadly mistaken.

If you think long lines in inner cities has nothing to do with voter suppression of democrats you are a damn fool.
    People wait in longer lines to get on rides in Disney World. I LOVE IT that lines are long for voting. Yay for democracy!

I volunteered at my precinct for the 5-7 AM shift. It was 33 degrees out, and not a single person left because of a 25-minute wait in line or the cold.

Voting is EASY.
    Disney World isn't a right, it's a privilege!
    Voting should be easy and shouldn't require standing in the cold at all. If the parties want to spend billions on tv ads, they should be required to contribute a percentage to an election board that facilitates voting access.
  • pjalive21pjalive21 Posts: 2,818
    reports of voting irregularities here already and people calling them out on it...lines like they have never seen...this is nuts today
    rgambs said:

rgambs said:

Voting is EASY.
    Voting should be easy and shouldn't require standing in the cold at all. If the parties want to spend billions on tv ads, they should be required to contribute a percentage to an election board that facilitates voting access.
    wow...did i just agree 100% with you on something
  • jeffbrjeffbr Posts: 7,177
    rgambs said:

rgambs said:

Voting is EASY.
    I live in an all mail-in ballot state. No lines! All voters get their ballots mailed to them. I took a few evenings, went through the ballot slowly and carefully, and then just dropped it in a collection box. It can also just be dropped in your mailbox. No lines. No weather. No transportation issues. Easy!
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
    rgambs said:

rgambs said:

Voting is EASY.
    Yes, I understand the difference between a right and and a privilege -- which is exactly why I will stand in a line all day long to exercise my rights. I'll never spend a minute in a line at Disney World.

The people I know who didn't want to or couldn't stand in a line either voted early or voted absentee. In other words -- they also prioritized the exercising of their rights and made it happen.

People need to get a grip. It's a line. It’s visible evidence that we are a freedom-loving people willing to wait our turn in a public gathering space to exercise our right.

Let me repeat: Voting is EASY.

rgambs said:

rgambs said:

Voting is EASY.
    Yes, I understand the difference between a right and and a privilege -- which is exactly why I will stand in a line all day long to exercise my rights. I'll never spend a minute in a line at Disney World.

The people I know who didn't want to or couldn't stand in a line either voted early or voted absentee. In other words -- they also prioritized the exercising of their rights and made it happen.

People need to get a grip. It's a line. It’s visible evidence that we are a freedom-loving people willing to wait our turn in a public gathering space to exercise our right.

I don't understand why you won't accept that it could be better.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,477
    rgambs said:

rgambs said:

rgambs said:

Voting is EASY.

just a different perspective on it, gambs, nothing more.
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087

rgambs said:

rgambs said:

Voting is EASY.

Maybe some don't want to vote and that is their right....
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    jeffbr said:

rgambs said:

rgambs said:

Voting is EASY.
    I live in an all mail-in ballot state. No lines! All voters get their ballots mailed to them. I took a few evenings, went through the ballot slowly and carefully, and then just dropped it in a collection box. It can also just be dropped in your mailbox. No lines. No weather. No transportation issues. Easy!

All voting should be done this way, my town is electronic and mail in for municipal elections, and love it...
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • OnWis97OnWis97 Posts: 4,970
    rgambs said:

Will you come back to eat crow if you prediction fails or will you pretend it never happened.

OK, I probably pushed it on "landslide" but he only needs to flip a couple of states. He flipped Minnesota on Sunday and the post-transit strike in Philly is kind of a mess. She needs Philly to win PA. His supporters are more energized than hers.

And FWIW, I'd be happy to eat that crow.

Maybe no landslide, but Trump wins.

1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
    OnWis97 said:

rgambs said:

OK, I probably pushed it on "landslide" but he only needs to flip a couple of states. He flipped Minnesota on Sunday and the post-transit strike in Philly is kind of a mess. She needs Philly to win PA. His supporters are more energized than hers.

according to CNN projections, HRC has 268 locked up, Trump has 204. with 66 being battleground. he has to win ALL OF THOSE TO WIN.

he's not winning.

www.headstonesband.com

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    edited November 2016
    OnWis97 said:

rgambs said:

Hold up. He flipped Minnesota in one day?

Hmmmm, interesting to hear Philly's public transportation is such a mess today...you know since it's completely back to normal
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
    Let's be clear. He doesn't need to only flip a couple states. He needs to hold every state Romney won in 2012 and flip multiple states President Obama won twice. If he loses North Carolina he needs to flip even more Obama states. We are talking five or six. And that is to barely squeak out a win in the electoral college.

It's not going to happen.

• OnWis97 said:

rgambs said:

Flipped Minnesota? Where do you get that information? No pollster that I have seen gives Trump a chance at MN.

Nate Silver gives Clinton an 85% chance of winning MN.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    rgambs said:

rgambs said:

Voting is EASY.
    Boom goes the dynamite.

I don't think anyone should have to wait more than 20 minutes to vote. $1billion election
    rgambs said:

rgambs said:

rgambs said:

Voting is EASY.

Of course it can be better. Everything in life could be better.

States are working to open up access AND prevent fraud. I just don't understand why you can't see that.
    JC29856 said:

rgambs said:

rgambs said:

Voting is EASY.
    Boom goes the dynamite.

I don't think anyone should have to wait more than 20 minutes to vote. $1billion election
    $7 billion Halloween. Americans spent more on Halloween candy than they have on our election.

The billion election dollars don't go to state and local election commissions, and God forbid we raise any taxes to upgrade our systems.

In my locality, they couldn't get enough poll workers to check people in. VOLUNTEERS are spread thin, some working 5 AM TO 7 PM -- 14 hour plus shifts -- to process people. Give them a fucking break. Shut up and vote, you entitled whiners.

JC29856 said:

rgambs said:

rgambs said:

Voting is EASY.
    Boom goes the dynamite.

$7 billion Halloween. Americans spent more on Halloween candy than they have on our election.

The billion election dollars don't go to state and local election commissions, and God forbid we raise any taxes to upgrade our systems.

In my locality, they couldn't get enough poll workers to check people in. VOLUNTEERS are spread thin, some working 5 AM TO 7 PM -- 14 hour plus shifts -- to process people. Give them a fucking break. Shut up and vote, you entitled whiners.
    I was just telling the story yesterday when I waited in line for 7 hours pj tickets 2010 msg dos.
    what's everyone drinking tonight?

www.headstonesband.com

• OnWis97OnWis97 Posts: 4,970

OnWis97 said:

rgambs said:

according to CNN projections, HRC has 268 locked up, Trump has 204. with 66 being battleground. he has to win ALL OF THOSE TO WIN.

he's not winning.
    http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/

If you believe 538, Trump has 235 locked up. Not one of his states is in jeopardy. All he needs to do is win toss-up NC and Florida and he'll shock the world.

1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,331

Maybe scotch. I have some friends coming over to watch the results, win or lose, we hit the booze.

Buttery nipples and "pizza"
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710

A bottle of Charles Krug Cab, perhaps a whiskey and hopefully a bottle of Rose Champagne for our first female president.

Tomorrow should be fun.
    OnWis97 said:

OnWis97 said:

rgambs said:

he's not winning.
    http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/

If you believe 538, Trump has 235 locked up. Not one of his states is in jeopardy. All he needs to do is win toss-up NC and Florida and he'll shock the world.

if you believe 538, trump has a 28% chance of winning. those ain't good odds.

www.headstonesband.com

• jeffbrjeffbr Posts: 7,177
    dignin said:

Maybe scotch. I have some friends coming over to watch the results, win or lose, we hit the booze.
    Bourbon. Smoke a little green and drink a little whiskey watching the election results. Repeat the process tomorrow to watch the lawsuit results. USA! USA! USA!
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
    I'm drinking Ketel One tonight. Lots of it. The girlfriend has a bottle of champagne ready to pop when the call gets made.

I've pushed all my meetings tomorrow till the afternoon.

This discussion has been closed.