Hillary won more votes for President

Comments

• You're not a real progressive, dignin! If you were you'd vote for Trump so he can get impeached!
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,309
    dignin said:

brianlux said:

Progressive:
    adj.
    1. happening or developing gradually or in stages; proceeding step by step
    2. favoring or implementing social reform or new, liberal ideas.

n.
    1. originally "a person advocating or implementing social reform or new, liberal ideas", the term became corrupted in the first quarter of the twenty first century and thus this usage of the word became obsolete.
    2. (grammar) a progressive tense or aspect.

Hey! That describes me. But I've been hearing for weeks that I'm not a progressive.....what gives?
    You're being deemed corrupt by people who know you better than you know yourself.
  • BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

JC29856 said:

At least the FBI cleared Hilliary again, now there should be no excuses. It's funny how bad trumpets wanted Hilliary taken down, now it's well the Clinton Foundation is still under investigation, something about Hilliarys maid and Comeys brother doing the Clintons taxes. It will be really really interesting these next couple days. Happy voting!

I hope there is no need to make excuses, but how many millions of people voted in the last 9 days under the impression that Secretary Clinton was under FBI investigation, that an indictment was coming or anything else that could have lead someone to vote against Clinton. Comey did plenty of damage with how this was handled.
    She still is under investigation with respect to the foundation. That hasn't changed. His statement last week and his statement today pertains to the email issue only. These are separate things.
    Did the FBI actually state that the Clinton Foundation is under investigation, or is that a 'leak'?
    It was reported in the Wall Street Journal article and elsewhere. Four separate FBI field offices are investigating as well as an IRS office in Dallas. The articles have been linked to in either this thread or the close FBI thread.
    BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

JC29856 said:

At least the FBI cleared Hilliary again, now there should be no excuses. It's funny how bad trumpets wanted Hilliary taken down, now it's well the Clinton Foundation is still under investigation, something about Hilliarys maid and Comeys brother doing the Clintons taxes. It will be really really interesting these next couple days. Happy voting!

I hope there is no need to make excuses, but how many millions of people voted in the last 9 days under the impression that Secretary Clinton was under FBI investigation, that an indictment was coming or anything else that could have lead someone to vote against Clinton. Comey did plenty of damage with how this was handled.
    She still is under investigation with respect to the foundation. That hasn't changed. His statement last week and his statement today pertains to the email issue only. These are separate things.
    Did the FBI actually state that the Clinton Foundation is under investigation, or is that a 'leak'?
    It was reported in the Wall Street Journal article and elsewhere. Four separate FBI field offices are investigating as well as an IRS office in Dallas. The articles have been linked to in either this thread or the close FBI thread.
    I'm asking if there's an actual public subpoena for records or on the record source that it is being investigated, not WSJ and Fox insides sources. You'll have to forgive my cynicism after learning that some agents are talking to Rudy directly.
    mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

JC29856 said:

I'm asking if there's an actual public subpoena for records or on the record source that it is being investigated, not WSJ and Fox insides sources. You'll have to forgive my cynicism after learning that some agents are talking to Rudy directly.
    This article details the IRS angle that is verified to be ongoing

http://www.dallasobserver.com/news/the-dallas-irs-office-thats-quietly-determining-the-fate-of-the-clinton-foundation-8864404

It ties in with what was reported by the Wall Street Journal which is not being confirmed or denied by the FBI. Lastly Comey was specifically asked under oath if the FBI was investigating the foundation and instead of saying no he would not comment. A foundation investigation is happening and unlike the emails the FBI is appropriately not commenting. Again this may not lead to any charges but nobody should deny that there is an investigation.

The Qatar payment happened

https://www.google.ca/amp/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN12Z2SL?client=safari

It will be investigated

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

JC29856 said:

http://www.dallasobserver.com/news/the-dallas-irs-office-thats-quietly-determining-the-fate-of-the-clinton-foundation-8864404

It ties in with what was reported by the Wall Street Journal which is not being confirmed or denied by the FBI. Lastly Comey was specifically asked under oath if the FBI was investigating the foundation and instead of saying no he would not comment. A foundation investigation is happening and unlike the emails the FBI is appropriately not commenting. Again this may not lead to any charges but nobody should deny that there is an investigation.

https://www.google.ca/amp/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN12Z2SL?client=safari

It will be investigated

Few things here:

1. I'm not sure what an IRS investigation has to do with an FBI investigation. FBI only investigates criminal cases whereas the IRS can take a civil issue and potentially escalate it to criminal with assistance from Justice, I believe. Isn't the IRS technically investigating Donald Trump through its audit??

2. The article makes clear that there is nothing illegal about the Qatar donation on its face. Clinton's MOU with the administration only requires notice if there is a material increase. We don't know the details nor do we know if the word 'material' was defined. I'm surprised you aren't amped up about the UK increasing its donations. That seems like the most appalling development.

So it appears the answer to my question is "no, there is no official word that the Foundation is being investigated by the FBI, let along imminent 'charges', let alone any indication that Hillary herself, would be charged. So we're like six degrees away from JC's prediction of impeachment.
    mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

JC29856 said:

It will be investigated

Few things here:

1. I'm not sure what an IRS investigation has to do with an FBI investigation. FBI only investigates criminal cases whereas the IRS can take a civil issue and potentially escalate it to criminal with assistance from Justice, I believe. Isn't the IRS technically investigating Donald Trump through its audit??

2. The article makes clear that there is nothing illegal about the Qatar donation on its face. Clinton's MOU with the administration only requires notice if there is a material increase. We don't know the details nor do we know if the word 'material' was defined. I'm surprised you aren't amped up about the UK increasing its donations. That seems like the most appalling development.

So it appears the answer to my question is "no, there is no official word that the Foundation is being investigated by the FBI, let along imminent 'charges', let alone any indication that Hillary herself, would be charged. So we're like six degrees away from JC's prediction of impeachment.
    I have never said anything about charges being imminent. The evidence of an "investigation" is before you. I am not sure what you are looking for in terms of something being "official". The reason the whole email affair became such a problem is that Comey made an "official" announcement when an investigation was taking place. You all need to make up your mind on whether you want the FBI to make "official" statements or not during an ongoing investigation. The foundation is being investigated by four different field offices of the FBI. This has been confirmed. The investigations may lead nowhere but they are investigations. I am sorry you don't like that word. I am sorry you find it so prejudicial. If you had confidence in the honesty of your candidate it probably wouldn't bother you but for some strange reason it does.
  • There is no FBI investigation of the foundation. Get better news sources.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana

There is no FBI investigation of the foundation. Get better news sources.

Please send me your list of approved sources.
    Former Assistant Director at the FBI Tom Fuentes

https://youtu.be/kiy7BFnubps

Probably not Gern approved

• hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524

tonifig8 said:

This thread and the Podesta emails thread are proof that all the liberals who complain about the influence of the corporations and the wealthy were completely disingenuous. They have no problem with corruption and political pay for play as long as it supports their candidate.

This x100
    But don't forget the fact that liberals/progressives are all about women's rights! However for the right price we could look the other way.... What a fucking joke.
    what is a joke is these constant left vs right comments, lumping every single person into some garbage position that very few agree with. keep pumping up "your side". because everyone knows one side is so much better than the other in every goddamn way.
    Right fucking on, Hugh.
    BS44325 said:

He doesn't work for the FBI or Justice. That's the meaning of 'official'. The people telling Fuentes may very well be the same sources that were leaking to Rudy which forced Comey's hand on the letter (if he had to be forced). I'm not saying there isn't an investigation, but the leaks could be just intended to sway the voters without having any merit.
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    edited November 2016
    mrussel1 said:

JC29856 said:

I was certain Hilliary would easily win on Tuesday with more than 300 electoral votes, I'm not so certain 2 days out.
    I'm still fairly certain she will face impeachment.

Do you mean for JFK's jr's death, or something even more whacky?
    Maybe Vince Fosters or Ron Brown.
    Whacky stuff.
    Post edited by JC29856 on
    mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

He doesn't work for the FBI or Justice. That's the meaning of 'official'. The people telling Fuentes may very well be the same sources that were leaking to Rudy which forced Comey's hand on the letter (if he had to be forced). I'm not saying there isn't an investigation, but the leaks could be just intended to sway the voters without having any merit.
    I understand but you see how "official" is an impossibility at this stage. By your standards all reporting should be ignored on any topic regardless of how many corroborating sources there are. With respect to the foundation there are many sources and multiple news agencies reporting that the foundation is being investigated. Nobody knows what the result will be but the investigation is happening. Also I believe Comey forced his own hand when he told congress under oth that he would update them if new evidence became available. That one statement required him to send that letter and the letter was sent before Rudy got involved.
    BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

I understand but you see how "official" is an impossibility at this stage. By your standards all reporting should be ignored on any topic regardless of how many corroborating sources there are. With respect to the foundation there are many sources and multiple news agencies reporting that the foundation is being investigated. Nobody knows what the result will be but the investigation is happening. Also I believe Comey forced his own hand when he told congress under oth that he would update them if new evidence became available. That one statement required him to send that letter and the letter was sent before Rudy got involved.
    Normally I would agree with you by the sources are tainted, it appears. I was mostly reacting to JC's statement that she will be impeached.
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

Normally I would agree with you by the sources are tainted, it appears. I was mostly reacting to JC's statement that she will be impeached.
    Today is a good day to pull out the big Mother Love Bone and TOTD LPs and get lost in the music. Maybe even hop a train and head to Manhattan and start some early pre partying. Some tickets are less than face!
  • CM189191CM189191 Posts: 6,927
    BS44325 said:

so...hearsay from a former agent? I'll wait for a vaguely worded letter from the Comey, thank you very much...
  • BS44325 said:

I'm willing to admit that there are people out there like this guy that will give their opinions and suggest that the foundation is being "investigated." Bret Bair had to walk back the same lines just the other night.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/11/04/fox-news-report-of-likely-indictment-in-clinton-case-just-wont-die/

We would all know if the FBI was investigating. The FBI would have raided the CF headquarters and the media would have had a field day showing the computers and paper records being carried out of the offices.

This was a bogus story line created by some Trumpster insiders.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER Posts: 6,499

BS44325 said:

I'm willing to admit that there are people out there like this guy that will give their opinions and suggest that the foundation is being "investigated." Bret Bair had to walk back the same lines just the other night.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/11/04/fox-news-report-of-likely-indictment-in-clinton-case-just-wont-die/

We would all know if the FBI was investigating. The FBI would have raided the CF headquarters and the media would have had a field day showing the computers and paper records being carried out of the offices.

Source?
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,331
    PJPOWER said:

BS44325 said:

Source?
    Source for what? If people are going to say there is an investigation going on isn't the burden of proof on them to provide a source?
    JC29856 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

Today is a good day to pull out the big Mother Love Bone and TOTD LPs and get lost in the music. Maybe even hop a train and head to Manhattan and start some early pre partying. Some tickets are less than face!
    I went Friday... it was incredible. Achilles Last Stand blew me away.
  • PJPOWER said:

BS44325 said:

Source?
    Click the link....I gave you a source.

For more sources look at any reputable news site and notice the absence of news regarding the subject.

• mrussel1 said:

JC29856 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

I went Friday... it was incredible. Achilles Last Stand blew me away.
    I'm jealous. I wish they were doing more dates.

That's a good read. If you haven't, you should read the Nevada story on the Harry Reid machine in Politico.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,115
    tonifig8 said:
    This just hammers home how we are only seeing one side of the story. Not a fan of this kind of collusion but if we were looking at Trump campaign emails we would certainly see the same being done with Hannity and Lewandowski.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    mrussel1 said:

That's a good read. If you haven't, you should read the Nevada story on the Harry Reid machine in Politico.
    Will have to find this.

Feeling pretty comfortable today.

Going to swing by the Hillary/Obama/Springsteen rally here at Independence Hall on my way home after work to see if there is any shot at getting in.

mrussel1 said:

Will have to find this.

Feeling pretty comfortable today.

Going to swing by the Hillary/Obama/Springsteen rally here at Independence Hall on my way home after work to see if there is any shot at getting in.
    Bruuuuuuuuce..... Have fun. He's always great to see.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/11/election-2016-nevada-harry-reid-clinton-trump-early-vote-latinos-214426
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER Posts: 6,499

PJPOWER said:

BS44325 said:

Source?
    Click the link....I gave you a source.

For more sources look at any reputable news site and notice the absence of news regarding the subject.
    I was referring to the "insiders" comment.
This discussion has been closed.