Hillary won more votes for President

Comments

• what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    tonifig8 said:

tonifig8 said:

I would agree that it takes "balls" to call yourself progressive while hoping Trump gets elected and then impeached. You realize that would possibly make Pence the president, right? How many "progressive" ideas do you think he will ram through if there is a republican majority in the house?

Ask Germ how well Pence is working out for him. He gets to sit at his computer all day and watch the news.... That's not to bad.

Look if we win the Senate and if we pick up a some W 's in the house then we should be ok. Times are changing. People are actually voting for change and politicians are losing their long standing positions. We either ride this all the way through or we settle for the same old shit.

Like I said, I'm a die hard progressive, but I'm also tired of this shit and I firmly believe that Clinton is unethical and bad for our country.

I've never sided with republicans, maybe on some spending cuts and preserving the constitution, but 99.99% of the time I have devoted my time, resources, and energy to progressive movements. That's a damn fact and you can look through my history or check my record. I use good judgment to promote progress. Unfortunately here we have a serious situation on our hands and we're going to have to make a sacrifice. That simple.
    Picking up the Senate (by one stinking seat at most) under a Trump presidency, with a few more Dems in the House won't do anything for progress. All it means is more gridlock. The Republicans will not impeach Trump just to impeach him. He'd have to commit a crime while in office first. Even if he did commit a crime that the FBI proves to be true, we'd still have divided government with Pence in charge. And if the Dems win the House in 2018 (which I think is within reach), we'd still have Trump/Pence and make no progress. Sorry, but your strategy is a losing strategy no matter how you cut it. At least with Clinton in office, there is a chance of two years of Dem-controlled government to get something done if we look forward to the mid-term.

Honestly, a vote for Stein would be more anti-Clinton than a Trump vote, since neither candidate is going to win. At least a Stein vote would register your dissatisfaction more clearly with the party you're more closely aligned with. When you vote for Trump, your progressive voice gets misinterpreted as support for what he stands for. You don't get to check a box that says "This is just a protest vote." A vote means (or should mean, in my view) that you support one candidate's platform more than the other's. Why would you want your vote to be part of that Trump count instead of the Stein count if the Stein agenda is really the one you support? It just doesn't make sense.

So in addition to not understanding your strategy, I don't understand your justification for voting for Trump. I'm not name calling or trying to start a fight with you. I'm just encouraging you to think more clearly about how to protest the system and how political strategy actually works. We don't go forward by putting the backwards candidates in office. If you really wanted to move forward beyond Clinton, you would best express that by voting for Stein.
    very thoughtful post. Much appreciated. I know we've had some tough exchanges.

I'll keep my reply short and simple. I gave Jill S. a lot of thought and started to dedicate time, energy, and resources to her. However my inner judgment wasn't strong with her- She doesn't/didn't seem tough enough or as knowledgeable as I hoped for. I love her passion and I love the stuff she's doing, but still there's something missing for me. I'm a progressive, but I'm also about individualism and preserving the constitution/laws. I'm not crazy about big govt. only when it comes to social issues. I'm a big split between Ron Paul and a real Progressive Obama. Anyhow....

The DNC/Clinton could give two shits about a protest vote, using Stein, after all their goal is power. They want the highest office and they;re going to do what ever it takes to get there, as it's been made clear with the leaks. Considering Hillary's private policy and public policy... her inconsistencies on many issues over the years demonstrates to me that she isn't about genuine change or transparencies, its become pretty clear that she isn't going to care about progressive causes... She's going to care about her personal desires and those of her donors. Example, she received tons of cash by a donor because she said she would back GMO labeling, but then received tons more cash from another group and changed her stance... or made suggestions she would support this other Non GMO's group with more cash... That's been pretty consistent. She said in public that her stance on the TPP has changed, only to gain Sanders supporters, but then as the leaks reveal it was all BS. It's a number of reasons regarding Clinton... Most have been discussed up and down and now with these new leaks it's become completely clear that she is the greater evil.

I'm not looking for a progressive agenda, nor do I have hopes to make any progress in 2017. I don't think we could accomplish that with Clinton or with Trump. The country is crazy divided. Progressives on here are crazy divided and outside of this forum there are progressives such as myself lining up with hardcore conservatives to defeat Clinton and then go after trump. It's crazy, But true... and this isn't some facebook crap or some social media shit.... This is real people coming together. I've never been a part of anything like this before, but it feels right and it's actually happening. My progressive causes will have to be placed on hold. Look at immigration, look at healtcare, look at citizens united, look at the NSA, look at the patriot act, look at Wall St , look at Wells fargo, look at the bombs being dropped, look at the innocent children dying on the streets, look at the rich getting richer, look at pay equality, look at trade, look at our govt., GITMO, secret courts, spying, drones, look at our relationships with the world, look at all the fallout, look at the primaries, look at our politics, look at our candidates,look at immigration, look at the war on drugs, terrorism, etc.. etc..etc.... It's shit.. and this is under Obama. Now I'm not saying the world is on fire, nor am I being a conspiracy nut... my life will probably not be affected by either candidate, however the future of my country and our faith in our democracy will be rattled badly. And before someone replies with, "the gop;s number 1 goal was to make sure obama fails" - yes I'm aware of what Mitch M. said and yes I remember John B. and all the shit they put the prez through. I was fighting the good fight along side the prez.

A vote for Stein is a vote for Clinton in my opinion. If you really want to protest vote, then vote for trump. Because that's the only way your vote will count. DNC want's the "W" they don't care about the person or the cause.
    I can still say I've never voted for a Republican (sarcasm- most conservatives don't consider trump to be a true republican).
    We will win the senate and we will do good enough in the house. A lame duck session for four years isn't that bad. We will regroup and vote out a lot of the garbage that's out there. The world will not end if trump wins... trust me. The media, the fbi, the DOJ, and the PEOPLE will keep him in line and send his ass packing.

I rather focus on Clinton.. I appreciate the post.. it was well delivered and very much respected. Hope my rambling wasn't to confusing and all over the place... Spending way to much time on the net.
    OT.
    Well, your position is all well and good, but since Trump is going to lose anyway, I really think your energy would be better spent on changing Congress than on being part of the anarchy movement. Negativity, cynicism, distrust, anger, and (I fear) we're now on the brink of violence -- these things have never built anything worth keeping, in my view.
  • unsungunsung Posts: 9,487
    @FLOTUS and @POTUS have scrubbed their twitter accounts of all Hillary Clinton support.

So the Obama's hate Hillary too.
  • unsung said:

@FLOTUS and @POTUS have scrubbed their twitter accounts of all Hillary Clinton support.

So the Obama's hate Hillary too.

Not true. You should check before you post something like this. Makes you seem ignorant.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • unsungunsung Posts: 9,487
    It was done. There are numerous references that were deleted.
  • I just looked. Plenty of references... Not scrubbed.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • You said all support. That is clearly wrong. Do I need to post screenshots to prove that you are wrong?

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
  • CM189191CM189191 Posts: 6,927
    ....any....day....now....
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Gee whiz what is happening? It's like people are losing their minds!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER Posts: 6,499
    http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/12698874
    I didn't know that the Huff hired such deplorable people, lol
  • pjalive21pjalive21 Posts: 2,818
    edited November 2016
    CM189191 said:

I know you come, troll, and take off...but that statement you are saying in jest is probably closer to be true now than it ever was before

It was confirmed by multiple FBI agents who are leaking information that the FBI is going for indictment and that major media outlets like ABC and NBC are covering it up
    Post edited by pjalive21 on
  • pjalive21 said:

CM189191 said:

I know you come, troll, and take off...but that statement you are saying in jest is probably closer to be true now than it ever was before

It was confirmed by multiple FBI agents who are leaking information that the FBI is going for indictment
    No it wasn't. WHen the source is someone "familiar with the investigation" that means it's bullshit.

• Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

This is a serious question...but doesnt this usually happen both in the marketplace as well as job reports at the end of an election

either way good news for the economy I don't care who is president...i just hope that includes people who quit looking for jobs
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,476
    brianlux said:

Regarding the Seth Meyers video and list- I think this misses the point. Of course Trump is a buffoon and does not belong in the White House. But one man's baffoonery does not eliminated another woman's serious breach of trustworthiness. The indictment should be on the American voting populous for not being able to nominate two respectful candidates.

Regarding your hopes, Kat, that Hillary will receive support after she is elected- she already has a low approval rating and will have to walk on water to change that once elected. Again, what this speaks of is the American voting populous not being able to elect two candidates who inspire hope, who have proven trustworthiness and integrity and who would make good leaders.

As to Hillary being impeached- again, it is the voting public who have proved themselves incapable of making good choices. This should be about us as much as or more than about the two candidates.

it's satire Brian. it's not meant to be taken as a news piece or factual.
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,476

unsung said:
    That doesn't surprise me at all. Of course the fbi wants Trump so they can carry out his authoritarian directives. These releases are being done to sway the election.
    every cop I've ever known has been raging conservative voters. this is not news.
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2016/11/4/13500018/clinton-email-scandal-bullshit

Great summary....this is what a lot of us have been saying all along.

• PJPOWERPJPOWER Posts: 6,499

http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2016/11/4/13500018/clinton-email-scandal-bullshit

Stop reading faux news.
    edited November 2016
    yeah the email scandal is bullshit lol...she said sorry so it should be ok...what a crap ass article...wonder how much Clinton paid that person to write that ^^^

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3904816/Julian-Assange-says-Trump-won-t-allowed-win-accuses-Clinton-donors-backing-rise-ISIS.html
    Post edited by pjalive21 on
  • CM189191CM189191 Posts: 6,927
    edited November 2016
    pjalive21 said:

CM189191 said:

It was confirmed by multiple FBI agents who are leaking information that the FBI is going for indictment and that major media outlets like ABC and NBC are covering it up
    Hillary has been slandered, smeared and libeled for as long as my memory will serve me. From Whitewater to Benghazi and back again. Either the Clinton's are a couple of the most successful criminal masterminds of all time. Or it's a witch hunt that seems to bubble to the surface every time she runs for office or has an agenda she wants to push (god forbid). Either way, I keep hearing this "lock her up" narrative from the right that doesn't seem to coincide reality. So I'll sit here and patiently wait why you continue to drone on about how the election was rigged, how the media is in Hillary's pocket. While you can't fathom that's she actually winning, not because she cheated or broke the rules, but because some people might actually want Hillary to be the next President.

But please, go on about the unnamed & retired FBI sources connected to Guiliani. Who are trying to sell some book. Pretend that releasing some vague letter about reopening an investigation a week before Election Day isn't suspicious at best. The timing alone should give you moment for pause, no?

If the FBI has grounds for indictment, I don't think ABC or NBC are going to stop them from moving forward. The MSM narrative is growing dull, too. Ever think for a second that the MSM media doesn't cover a story, not because they're covering it up, but because it's unsubstantiated hearsay? Or Maybe they're actually doing an investigation, instead of regurgitating the latest rumor to any crazy ear that will listen. Remember when Obama was A Gay, Cocaine-Using Hustler? You think ABC & NBC didn't cover that because they were covering up?
    Post edited by CM189191 on
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    pjalive21 said:

yeah the email scandal is bullshit lol...she said sorry so it should be ok...what a crap ass article...wonder how much Clinton paid that person to write that ^^^

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3904816/Julian-Assange-says-Trump-won-t-allowed-win-accuses-Clinton-donors-backing-rise-ISIS.html

First summary point from this article:
    Julian Assange claimed Washington elites want Hillary Clinton to win

That's not exactly a shocker. Most sane people want Clinton to win over Trump. The idea that "the entire US establishment is backing Clinton" is entirely expected and not news to anyone, since most of that establishment has been open in their support.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504

http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2016/11/4/13500018/clinton-email-scandal-bullshit

sounds like top rated media source "VOX" / "FOX" you have given into the same thing you have been accusing me of.....let go already she's toast.

Godfather

• Boxes&BooksBoxes&Books Posts: 2,672
    CM189191 said:

tonifig8 said:

CM189191 said:

tonifig8 said:

rgambs said:

tonifig8 said:

https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/44761

DWS: wanted to choose the city that was best prepared. Spoke with POTUS last night. Focused on logistics and money and the delegate has the best experience possible, Philadelphia was the strong leader. Wasn't even a close call.

HRC: I know the last visit you had there, they had more $$ in the bank then expected

DWS: They really did. Nutter called last night & mentioned another $1 million cash on hand. It really was about the delegate experience though and . No convention center, midtown manhattan, etc. Columbus was also very spread out. This is the setup that we want our delegates to have.

HRC: do you have to tell BdB and Coleman?

DWS: I do.

HRC: Important to say you went over all this with the president.

DWS: yes, met last night. Honestly, Philly was the most put together, best proposal by far, etc.

HRC: capacity to raise the money?

DWS: oh yes. Sat for an hour with David Cohen who will take a title with the host committee, benchmark fundraising will now be in the contract. I met with each mayor at the DNC and was firm about the money.

HRC: who are you putting in charge of the convention?

DWS: need to hire a CEO. Will run a process and determine that. If you have candidates that are good to look at, let me know and we'll be sure to let you know.

HRC: congratulations on the process. If we plan it right, all the great, historical sites of Philadelphia will be great for us

DWS: agreed, liberty bell, etc. It's great. Second thing, I've seen an uptick of negative stories about you in the press, I will gladly speak on your behalf.

HRC: thank you. Biding my time for now and thank you for the offer. Who should we talk to about this?

DWS: Tracey.

Wow... Unbelievable
    Seriously.

How does this rate as noteworthy at all?

Oh, right, rigged.
    This is the Hillary thread right?
    Forgot to ask ... Wasn't the DNC neutral? At of all people I would think germ would be upset by this stuff, considering he is a former BernieBro.
    No, The DNC is not neutral. Their job is to get democrats elected. And they're succeeding.
    Well that's not what was said to the public. Kind of like Hillary... Private policy and Public policy... It's hard to understand the expectations when they consistently do this. I'm not a fucking mind reader.

And I'd hardly consider being neck and neck with Donald Fucking Trump "succeeding"
    Show me. Where did the DNC say they were neutral?
    Still waiting for your reply.
  • CM189191 said:

pjalive21 said:

CM189191 said:

Hillary has been slandered, smeared and libeled for as long as my memory will serve me. From Whitewater to Benghazi and back again. Either the Clinton's are a couple of the most successful criminal masterminds of all time. Or it's a witch hunt that seems to bubble to the surface every time she runs for office or has an agenda she wants to push (god forbid). Either way, I keep hearing this "lock her up" narrative from the right that doesn't seem to coincide reality. So I'll sit here and patiently wait why you continue to drone on about how the election was rigged, how the media is in Hillary's pocket. While you can't fathom that's she actually winning, not because she cheated or broke the rules, but because some people might actually want Hillary to be the next President.

But please, go on about the unnamed & retired FBI sources connected to Guiliani. Who are trying to sell some book. Pretend that releasing some vague letter about reopening an investigation a week before Election Day isn't suspicious at best. The timing alone should give you moment for pause, no?

If the FBI has grounds for indictment, I don't think ABC or NBC are going to stop them from moving forward. The MSM narrative is growing dull, too. Ever think for a second that the MSM media doesn't cover a story, not because they're covering it up, but because it's unsubstantiated hearsay? Or Maybe they're actually doing an investigation, instead of regurgitating the latest rumor to any crazy ear that will listen. Remember when Obama was A Gay, Cocaine-Using Hustler? You think ABC & NBC didn't cover that because they were covering up?
    I watched a little bit of "All the President's Men" last night. The inner workings of legitimate news organizations really haven't changed much. They require documented facts rather than bullshit. What Brent Bair introduced the other night (sources saying an FBI indictment is coming) was bullshit.

Guilliani sold his soul to Cheeto Hitler.

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,397
    edited November 2016
    PJPOWER said:

Stop reading faux news.
    Cable news has been, if anything, worse, and many prestige outlets have joined the pileup. One malign result of obsessive email coverage is that the public is left totally unaware of the policy stakes in the election. Another is that the constant vague recitations of the phrase ‘‘Clinton email scandal’’ have firmly implanted the notion that there is something scandalous about anything involving Hillary Clinton an email, including her campaign manager getting hacked or the revelation that one of her aides sometimes checked mail on her husband’s computer.

But none of this is true. Clinton broke no laws according to the FBI itself. Her setup gave her no power to evade federal transparency laws beyond what anyone who has a personal email account of any kind has. Her stated explanation for her conduct is entirely believable, fits the facts perfectly, and is entirely plausible to anyone who doesn't simply start with the assumption that she's guilty of something.

Given Powell’s conduct, Clinton wasn't even breaking with an informal precedent. The very worst you can say is that, faced with an annoying government IT policy, she used her stature to find a personal workaround rather than a systemic fix that would work for everyone. To spend so much time on such a trivial matter would be absurd in a city council race, much less a presidential election. To do so in circumstances when it advances the electoral prospects of a rival who has shattered all precedents in terms of lacking transparency or basic honesty is infinity more scandalous than anything related to the server itself.

• bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,830
    if you are going to own the 4.9% unemployment rate (which we all know is bs because it doesn't include those that have given up looking), than you need to own the shrinking of the middle class and the growing disparity between the top earners and poor earners.
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,331
    tonifig8 said:

CM189191 said:

tonifig8 said:

CM189191 said:

tonifig8 said:

rgambs said:

tonifig8 said:

https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/44761

DWS: wanted to choose the city that was best prepared. Spoke with POTUS last night. Focused on logistics and money and the delegate has the best experience possible, Philadelphia was the strong leader. Wasn't even a close call.

HRC: I know the last visit you had there, they had more $$ in the bank then expected

DWS: They really did. Nutter called last night & mentioned another $1 million cash on hand. It really was about the delegate experience though and . No convention center, midtown manhattan, etc. Columbus was also very spread out. This is the setup that we want our delegates to have.

HRC: do you have to tell BdB and Coleman?

DWS: I do.

HRC: Important to say you went over all this with the president.

DWS: yes, met last night. Honestly, Philly was the most put together, best proposal by far, etc.

HRC: capacity to raise the money?

DWS: oh yes. Sat for an hour with David Cohen who will take a title with the host committee, benchmark fundraising will now be in the contract. I met with each mayor at the DNC and was firm about the money.

HRC: who are you putting in charge of the convention?

DWS: need to hire a CEO. Will run a process and determine that. If you have candidates that are good to look at, let me know and we'll be sure to let you know.

HRC: congratulations on the process. If we plan it right, all the great, historical sites of Philadelphia will be great for us

DWS: agreed, liberty bell, etc. It's great. Second thing, I've seen an uptick of negative stories about you in the press, I will gladly speak on your behalf.

HRC: thank you. Biding my time for now and thank you for the offer. Who should we talk to about this?

DWS: Tracey.

Wow... Unbelievable
    Seriously.

How does this rate as noteworthy at all?

Oh, right, rigged.
    This is the Hillary thread right?
    Forgot to ask ... Wasn't the DNC neutral? At of all people I would think germ would be upset by this stuff, considering he is a former BernieBro.
    No, The DNC is not neutral. Their job is to get democrats elected. And they're succeeding.
    Well that's not what was said to the public. Kind of like Hillary... Private policy and Public policy... It's hard to understand the expectations when they consistently do this. I'm not a fucking mind reader.

And I'd hardly consider being neck and neck with Donald Fucking Trump "succeeding"
    Show me. Where did the DNC say they were neutral?
    Still waiting for your reply.
    Still waiting for something of substance to come from the hacked emails, weren't we promised a BOMSHELL!! yesterday? Looks like were all waiting for something.

• Boxes&BooksBoxes&Books Posts: 2,672
    Isn't Hillary Great!

"HRC did a paid speech in NYC for Deutsche Bank. I wrote her a long riff about economic fairness and how the financial industry has lost its way, precisely for the purpose of having something [to] show people if ever asked what she was saying behind closed doors for two years to all those fat cats."

https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/43027
This discussion has been closed.