Hillary won more votes for President

Comments

• Boxes&BooksBoxes&Books Posts: 2,672
    Transcript of Hillary discussing tpp, saying she would pretend to be against it but eventually come around, she said she encourage Obama to be positive about it so it wouldn't be as hard for her to publicly come around on it. https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/45222 It gets more interesting when you get to know that Wyden had been a Bernie supporter, but then endorsed Hillary.
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    tonifig8 said:

Transcript of Hillary discussing tpp, saying she would pretend to be against it but eventually come around, she said she encourage Obama to be positive about it so it wouldn't be as hard for her to publicly come around on it. https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/45222 It gets more interesting when you get to know that Wyden had been a Bernie supporter, but then endorsed Hillary.

Tpp is a gazillion pages of everything but v trade!
    Smellyman said:

No, you vote with your balls.

apparently.

Yes sir!
    Smellyman said:

apparently.

hahaha...
    tonifig8 said:

Smellyman said:

apparently.

hahaha...
    URL!
    JC29856 said:

tonifig8 said:

This will help her donors which are giant multinational corporations--- Did someone say Citizens United?
    tonifig8 said:

JC29856 said:

tonifig8 said:

This will help her donors which are giant multinational corporations--- Did someone say Citizens United?
    You're a legend!
    JC29856 said:

tonifig8 said:

'I don't vote with my vagina': Susan Sarandon on not backing Hillary Clinton - BBC Newsnight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LoGej6BqMc&feature=youtu.be&app=desktop

I'm weak right now don't go tempting me with SSHS!
    We missed you out here today... Shit man.. Don't go disappearing on us like that.

Hope all is well.
    tonifig8 said:

JC29856 said:

tonifig8 said:

'I don't vote with my vagina': Susan Sarandon on not backing Hillary Clinton - BBC Newsnight

We missed you out here today... Shit man.. Don't go disappearing on us like that.

Hope all is well.
    Yo...I cannot in good conscience post let alone describe what I viewed today, it is beyond description. I hope it is faked doctored invented, I have no way of verifying the authenticity. I was deeply disturbed, I hope it's fake.
    tonifig8 said:

https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/44761

DWS: wanted to choose the city that was best prepared. Spoke with POTUS last night. Focused on logistics and money and the delegate has the best experience possible, Philadelphia was the strong leader. Wasn't even a close call.

HRC: I know the last visit you had there, they had more $$ in the bank then expected

DWS: They really did. Nutter called last night & mentioned another $1 million cash on hand. It really was about the delegate experience though and . No convention center, midtown manhattan, etc. Columbus was also very spread out. This is the setup that we want our delegates to have.

HRC: do you have to tell BdB and Coleman?

DWS: I do.

HRC: Important to say you went over all this with the president.

DWS: yes, met last night. Honestly, Philly was the most put together, best proposal by far, etc.

HRC: capacity to raise the money?

DWS: oh yes. Sat for an hour with David Cohen who will take a title with the host committee, benchmark fundraising will now be in the contract. I met with each mayor at the DNC and was firm about the money.

HRC: who are you putting in charge of the convention?

DWS: need to hire a CEO. Will run a process and determine that. If you have candidates that are good to look at, let me know and we'll be sure to let you know.

HRC: congratulations on the process. If we plan it right, all the great, historical sites of Philadelphia will be great for us

DWS: agreed, liberty bell, etc. It's great. Second thing, I've seen an uptick of negative stories about you in the press, I will gladly speak on your behalf.

HRC: thank you. Biding my time for now and thank you for the offer. Who should we talk to about this?

DWS: Tracey.

My bad... this was two months before she had even announced... I'm trying to step up my game to help out JC..
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,384
    edited November 2016
    JC29856 said:

tonifig8 said:

JC29856 said:

tonifig8 said:

You're a legend!
    Get a room...
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
    edited November 2016
    JC29856 said:

tonifig8 said:

JC29856 said:

tonifig8 said:

Hope all is well.
    Yo...I cannot in good conscience post let alone describe what I viewed today, it is beyond description. I hope it is faked doctored invented, I have no way of verifying the authenticity. I was deeply disturbed, I hope it's fake.
    You're going deep into that 4 chans shit, huh? Hope you're wrong and it is legit, but just in right amount of ways that we need.
    tonifig8 said:

JC29856 said:

tonifig8 said:

JC29856 said:

tonifig8 said:

Hope all is well.
    You're going deep into that 4 chans shit, huh? Hope you're wrong and it is legit, but just in right amount of ways that we need.
    You've seen it too?
    JC29856 said:

tonifig8 said:

JC29856 said:

tonifig8 said:

JC29856 said:

tonifig8 said:

Hope all is well.
    You've seen it too?
    I've seen a lot of shit... so much that my fucking brain hurts... I'll wait on you and the brighter minds to approve it.
    edited November 2016
    DWS does indeed go on to hire a CEO... In this email https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/3225 (3225), Hillary campaign manager Robby Mook and Charlie Baker: a longtime Democratic strategist and Chief Administrative Officer are 'dumbfounded' that DWS went ahead and picked a CEO without consulting them.

That is to say - the Clinton campaign expected to be able to choose the Democratic Convention CEO. If any proof were still required that the DNC and Clinton campaign were one-and-the-same, this is it. But just for a kicker, here is an email https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/12035(12305) outlining plans to discuss and plan the DNC Rules Commitee.

The Clinton camp had this sewn up from the start. It's astonishing Bernie did as well as he did.
    Post edited by Boxes&Books on
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,555
    tonifig8 said:

I heard about this yesterday and was elated. And not surprised because Sarandon is sharp- very bright. She lays it all out right here- right exactly why voting for a third party candidate makes sense. I hope viewers don't look at this as just yet another Hollywood star blah blah blah but rather a smart, informed, logical argument. Kudos, Susan Sarandon!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

JC29856 said:

tonifig8 said:

JC29856 said:

tonifig8 said:

JC29856 said:

tonifig8 said:

Hope all is well.
    You've seen it too?
    Pizza=little girl, pasta=little boy.
    brianlux said:

tonifig8 said:

I heard about this yesterday and was elated. And not surprised because Sarandon is sharp- very bright. She lays it all out right here- right exactly why voting for a third party candidate makes sense. I hope viewers don't look at this as just yet another Hollywood star blah blah blah but rather a smart, informed, logical argument. Kudos, Susan Sarandon!
    You are absolutely correct.

I can't wait for the return of Nena Turner. I love that woman and I hope she resurfaces and rises to help steer the progressive movement.
    Game over! Don't bother posting anything else in this thread. It's over.
    Trump is the fall guy, Lee Harvey, it all makes sense now. Kiss your family and tell them you love them.
    edited November 2016
    JC29856 said:

Trump is the fall guy, Lee Harvey, it all makes sense now. Kiss your family and tell them you love them.

dude... dude.. dude... wtf... hahahaha

the only good thing to come out of that dark place was that dump of celebrities pics from a few years back.. Do you remember that? Now that was a motherf'ing leak!

Sorry... back to reality.
    tonifig8 said:

JC29856 said:

dude... dude.. dude... wtf... hahahaha

the only good thing to come out of that dark place was that dump of celebrities pics from a few years back.. Do you remember that? Now that was a motherf'ing leak!

Sorry... back to reality.
    JLaw? Not my cup. Anyway, trump is the pasty that plunges us into the great depression of 2017! Enjoy those Reese cups while they last
  • what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    tonifig8 said:

I would agree that it takes "balls" to call yourself progressive while hoping Trump gets elected and then impeached. You realize that would possibly make Pence the president, right? How many "progressive" ideas do you think he will ram through if there is a republican majority in the house?

Ask Germ how well Pence is working out for him. He gets to sit at his computer all day and watch the news.... That's not to bad.

Look if we win the Senate and if we pick up a some W 's in the house then we should be ok. Times are changing. People are actually voting for change and politicians are losing their long standing positions. We either ride this all the way through or we settle for the same old shit.

Like I said, I'm a die hard progressive, but I'm also tired of this shit and I firmly believe that Clinton is unethical and bad for our country.

I've never sided with republicans, maybe on some spending cuts and preserving the constitution, but 99.99% of the time I have devoted my time, resources, and energy to progressive movements. That's a damn fact and you can look through my history or check my record. I use good judgment to promote progress. Unfortunately here we have a serious situation on our hands and we're going to have to make a sacrifice. That simple.
    Picking up the Senate (by one stinking seat at most) under a Trump presidency, with a few more Dems in the House won't do anything for progress. All it means is more gridlock. The Republicans will not impeach Trump just to impeach him. He'd have to commit a crime while in office first. Even if he did commit a crime that the FBI proves to be true, we'd still have divided government with Pence in charge. And if the Dems win the House in 2018 (which I think is within reach), we'd still have Trump/Pence and make no progress. Sorry, but your strategy is a losing strategy no matter how you cut it. At least with Clinton in office, there is a chance of two years of Dem-controlled government to get something done if we look forward to the mid-term.

Honestly, a vote for Stein would be more anti-Clinton than a Trump vote, since neither candidate is going to win. At least a Stein vote would register your dissatisfaction more clearly with the party you're more closely aligned with. When you vote for Trump, your progressive voice gets misinterpreted as support for what he stands for. You don't get to check a box that says "This is just a protest vote." A vote means (or should mean, in my view) that you support one candidate's platform more than the other's. Why would you want your vote to be part of that Trump count instead of the Stein count if the Stein agenda is really the one you support? It just doesn't make sense.

So in addition to not understanding your strategy, I don't understand your justification for voting for Trump. I'm not name calling or trying to start a fight with you. I'm just encouraging you to think more clearly about how to protest the system and how political strategy actually works. We don't go forward by putting the backwards candidates in office. If you really wanted to move forward beyond Clinton, you would best express that by voting for Stein.
  • tonifig8 said:

I would agree that it takes "balls" to call yourself progressive while hoping Trump gets elected and then impeached. You realize that would possibly make Pence the president, right? How many "progressive" ideas do you think he will ram through if there is a republican majority in the house?

Ask Germ how well Pence is working out for him. He gets to sit at his computer all day and watch the news.... That's not to bad.

Look if we win the Senate and if we pick up a some W 's in the house then we should be ok. Times are changing. People are actually voting for change and politicians are losing their long standing positions. We either ride this all the way through or we settle for the same old shit.

Like I said, I'm a die hard progressive, but I'm also tired of this shit and I firmly believe that Clinton is unethical and bad for our country.

I've never sided with republicans, maybe on some spending cuts and preserving the constitution, but 99.99% of the time I have devoted my time, resources, and energy to progressive movements. That's a damn fact and you can look through my history or check my record. I use good judgment to promote progress. Unfortunately here we have a serious situation on our hands and we're going to have to make a sacrifice. That simple.
    Picking up the Senate (by one stinking seat at most) under a Trump presidency, with a few more Dems in the House won't do anything for progress. All it means is more gridlock. The Republicans will not impeach Trump just to impeach him. He'd have to commit a crime while in office first. Even if he did commit a crime that the FBI proves to be true, we'd still have divided government with Pence in charge. And if the Dems win the House in 2018 (which I think is within reach), we'd still have Trump/Pence and make no progress. Sorry, but your strategy is a losing strategy no matter how you cut it. At least with Clinton in office, there is a chance of two years of Dem-controlled government to get something done if we look forward to the mid-term.

Honestly, a vote for Stein would be more anti-Clinton than a Trump vote, since neither candidate is going to win. At least a Stein vote would register your dissatisfaction more clearly with the party you're more closely aligned with. When you vote for Trump, your progressive voice gets misinterpreted as support for what he stands for. You don't get to check a box that says "This is just a protest vote." A vote means (or should mean, in my view) that you support one candidate's platform more than the other's. Why would you want your vote to be part of that Trump count instead of the Stein count if the Stein agenda is really the one you support? It just doesn't make sense.

So in addition to not understanding your strategy, I don't understand your justification for voting for Trump. I'm not name calling or trying to start a fight with you. I'm just encouraging you to think more clearly about how to protest the system and how political strategy actually works. We don't go forward by putting the backwards candidates in office. If you really wanted to move forward beyond Clinton, you would best express that by voting for Stein.
    Now that's a very, very solid post.
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,331
    HAS THE F.B.I. GONE FULL BREITBART?
    New reports reveal how the F.B.I. relied on an infamous Breitbart source as the basis for its investigation into the Clinton Foundation—and that agents see Clinton as “the antichrist personified.”

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2016/11/fbi-investigation-clinton-foundation-peter-schweizer-breitbart

tonifig8 said:

very thoughtful post. Much appreciated. I know we've had some tough exchanges.

I'll keep my reply short and simple. I gave Jill S. a lot of thought and started to dedicate time, energy, and resources to her. However my inner judgment wasn't strong with her- She doesn't/didn't seem tough enough or as knowledgeable as I hoped for. I love her passion and I love the stuff she's doing, but still there's something missing for me. I'm a progressive, but I'm also about individualism and preserving the constitution/laws. I'm not crazy about big govt. only when it comes to social issues. I'm a big split between Ron Paul and a real Progressive Obama. Anyhow....

The DNC/Clinton could give two shits about a protest vote, using Stein, after all their goal is power. They want the highest office and they;re going to do what ever it takes to get there, as it's been made clear with the leaks. Considering Hillary's private policy and public policy... her inconsistencies on many issues over the years demonstrates to me that she isn't about genuine change or transparencies, its become pretty clear that she isn't going to care about progressive causes... She's going to care about her personal desires and those of her donors. Example, she received tons of cash by a donor because she said she would back GMO labeling, but then received tons more cash from another group and changed her stance... or made suggestions she would support this other Non GMO's group with more cash... That's been pretty consistent. She said in public that her stance on the TPP has changed, only to gain Sanders supporters, but then as the leaks reveal it was all BS. It's a number of reasons regarding Clinton... Most have been discussed up and down and now with these new leaks it's become completely clear that she is the greater evil.

I'm not looking for a progressive agenda, nor do I have hopes to make any progress in 2017. I don't think we could accomplish that with Clinton or with Trump. The country is crazy divided. Progressives on here are crazy divided and outside of this forum there are progressives such as myself lining up with hardcore conservatives to defeat Clinton and then go after trump. It's crazy, But true... and this isn't some facebook crap or some social media shit.... This is real people coming together. I've never been a part of anything like this before, but it feels right and it's actually happening. My progressive causes will have to be placed on hold. Look at immigration, look at healtcare, look at citizens united, look at the NSA, look at the patriot act, look at Wall St , look at Wells fargo, look at the bombs being dropped, look at the innocent children dying on the streets, look at the rich getting richer, look at pay equality, look at trade, look at our govt., GITMO, secret courts, spying, drones, look at our relationships with the world, look at all the fallout, look at the primaries, look at our politics, look at our candidates,look at immigration, look at the war on drugs, terrorism, etc.. etc..etc.... It's shit.. and this is under Obama. Now I'm not saying the world is on fire, nor am I being a conspiracy nut... my life will probably not be affected by either candidate, however the future of my country and our faith in our democracy will be rattled badly. And before someone replies with, "the gop;s number 1 goal was to make sure obama fails" - yes I'm aware of what Mitch M. said and yes I remember John B. and all the shit they put the prez through. I was fighting the good fight along side the prez.

A vote for Stein is a vote for Clinton in my opinion. If you really want to protest vote, then vote for trump. Because that's the only way your vote will count. DNC want's the "W" they don't care about the person or the cause.
    I can still say I've never voted for a Republican (sarcasm- most conservatives don't consider trump to be a true republican).
    We will win the senate and we will do good enough in the house. A lame duck session for four years isn't that bad. We will regroup and vote out a lot of the garbage that's out there. The world will not end if trump wins... trust me. The media, the fbi, the DOJ, and the PEOPLE will keep him in line and send his ass packing.

I rather focus on Clinton.. I appreciate the post.. it was well delivered and very much respected. Hope my rambling wasn't to confusing and all over the place... Spending way to much time on the net.
    OT.
    https://www.wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/43526

Continued discussion about NYT story about content of the emails and use of private emails instead of state dot gov emails

https://www.wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/43555

“If there is a release of the 55K, are there others that are not being released?”…”Yes”

https://www.wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/43561

Discussion about receiving CGI America funding from Pritzker

https://www.wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/43567

J Podesta is assigning his 100% ownership of “Leonido Holdings LLC” over to Megan Rouse, Mae S. Podesta and Gabriel J. Podesta, each of which will have one third ownership

https://www.wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/43596

Eilperin (WashPo White House Bureau Chief) provides Eryn Sepp a “Heads Up” on a story that will run. Eryn forwards it to John Podesta. “I just wanted to give you and John a heads up on a story that might run as early as Monday. Long story short, it's about the ethics rules Obama adopted in 2009, and how they've been implemented.”

https://www.wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/43625

“I know I'm like a broken record on this, but I think we should arrange a briefing on the cyber threat for all associated with your effort. We have a real security threat on our stuff here.” - Denis McDonough to John Podesta

https://www.wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/43648

“Yes and interesting but not for this channel.” - John Podesta’s response during an email exchange with Hillary upon realizing that she is discussing sensitive and possibly classified information on a non secure system.We’ve seen the sensitive material previously during an earlier dump. This email adds additional information.

https://www.wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/43700

“Cutter told me yesterday that a reporter told her he/she is working on a story about Teneo and State contracts. She said she heard about a separate story regarding "past secrecy" issues from the Clinton WH. Who knows what that is.”

https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/45418

“Why doesn't she just turn the server over to a third party at this point? Isn't it going to leak out of the FBI anyway?”

https://www.wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/45001

Jon Karl tomorrow is going to do a segment with Martha tomorrow and will use part of it to say that, based on his conversations with Gowdy staff, and in light of HRC's apparent unwillingness to appear for a private interview about her email server by May 1, the select committee appears to be planning to hold two public hearings at which they would seek to have HRC appear: one on the emails, the other on Benghazi.

https://www.wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/45102

“Cummings Issues Statement on Gowdy’s Call That Clinton Turn Over Her Server Heightened Standard for Clinton Raises Concerns Committee Motivated by Politics”

https://www.wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/45108

Trying to say too much time and money is being spent on Benghazi hearings by comparing them to 9/11 “I don't know but that's a great stat. I wonder how it compares to 9/11 on that front too.”

https://www.wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/45124

“Victor Pinchuk is relentlessly following up (including this morning) about a meeting with WJC in London or anywhere in Europe. Ideally he wants to bring together a few western leaders to show support for Ukraine, with WJC probably their most important participant.”

https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/45539

Met this morning with Mark Hosenball. He wanted to talk about the State Department letter to Gowdy dated April 15, 2015. I attach a copy but it’s now on the House Benghazi Committee Dems’ website. He thought it was very revealing of prejudice that State noted in its chron for Dec. 19, 2014 that “The Committee said that its top priority was to receive former Secretary Clinton’s emails.” I agreed with him, but think (although I didn’t say this to him) that the Committee would say it was trying to get her emails first so it could have her testify as quickly as possible. In any event, no big deal.

https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/45566

”Bryan was the one who retrieved all our emails for Maura to read. Maybe that is why he's avoiding testifying.”

https://www.wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/45807#searchresult

”Specifically, we added some straight-forward language in the third paragraph that aims to do two things: give this guy some simple context for the emails he references, and nudge this ever-closer to putting it in the Benghazi box.”
  • Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton are in a bar. Donald leans over, and With A smile on his face, says, "The media is really tearing you apart for That Scandal."
    Hillary: “You mean using my private, unsecured email server for confidential emails?”
    Trump: “No, the other one.”
    Hillary: “You mean the thousands of Bernie Sanders emails from the Democratic Convention Committee”?
    Trump: “No, the other one.”
    Hillary: "You mean my lying about Benghazi?"
    Trump: "No, the other one."
    Hillary: "You mean the massive voter fraud?"
    Hillary: "You mean the military not getting their votes counted?"
    Hillary: "Using my secret private server with classified material to Hide my Activities?"
    Hillary: "The NSA monitoring our phone calls, emails and everything Else?"
    Hillary: "Using the Clinton Foundation as a cover for tax evasion, Hiring Cronies, And taking bribes from foreign countries?
    Hillary: "You mean the drones being operated in our own country without The Benefit of the law?"
    Hillary: "Giving 123 Technologies $300 Million, and right afterward it Declared Bankruptcy and was sold to the Chinese?"
    Hillary: "You mean arming the Muslim Brotherhood and hiring them in the White House?"
    Hillary: "Whitewater, Watergate committee, Vince Foster, commodity Deals?"
    Trump: "No the other one:"
    Hillary: "The funding of neoNazis in the Ukraine that led to the toppling of the democratically elected president and to the biggest crisis that country has had since WWII ?"
    Hillary: "Turning Libya into chaos?"
    Hillary: "Being the mastermind of the so-called “Arab Spring” that only brought chaos, death and destruction to the Middle East and North Africa ?
    Hillary: "Leaving four Americans to die in Benghazi and go to sleep?
    Hillary: "Trashing Mubarak, one of our few Muslim friends?"
    Hillary: "Encouraging and supporting the murders of Israilis by the Palestinians?"
    Hillary: "The funding and arming of terrorists in Syria, the destruction and destabilization of that nation, giving the order to our lapdogs in Turkey and Saudi Arabia to give sarin gas to the "moderate" terrorists in Syria that they eventually used on civilians, and framed Assad, and had it not been for the Russians and Putin, we would have used that as a pretext to invade Syria, put a puppet in power, steal their natural resources, and leave that country in total chaos, just like we did with Libya?
    Hillary: "The creation of the biggest refugees crisis since WWII
    Hillary: "Leaving Iraq in chaos? "
    Hillary: "The DOJ spying on the press?"
    Hillary: "You mean HHS Secretary Sibelius shaking down health insurance Executives?"
    Hillary: "Giving our cronies in SOLYNDRA $500 MILLION DOLLARS and 3 Months Later they declared bankruptcy and then the Chinese bought it?"
    Hillary: "The NSA monitoring citizens' ?"
    Hillary: "The State Department interfering with an Inspector General Investigation on departmental sexual misconduct?"
    Hillary: "Me, The IRS, Clapper and Holder all lying to Congress?"
    Hillary: "Threats to all of Bill's former mistresses to keep them quiet"
    Hillary: “That I’m being investigated AGAIN for emails and my choice of Huba Abedin and her womanizing husband?”
    Hillary: "I give up! ... Oh wait, I think I've got it! When I stole the White House furniture, silverware, when Bill left Office?"
    Trump: "THAT'S IT! I almost forgot about that one".
  • unsungunsung Posts: 9,487
    edited November 2016
    CM189191 said:

unsung said:
    More anonymous sources and retired fbi? More like they love Trump. So corrupt, sad!
    https://youtu.be/ov5kvWSz5LM

In other words, it wasn't the Russians, it was our own intelligence community.
    Post edited by unsung on
This discussion has been closed.