Options

Hillary won more votes for President

Comments

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,983

I can't even watch more than 15seconds of the video. It makes me ill.
    How can the Americans allow this person to become POTUS?
    http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/30/us/politics/hillary-clinton-emails-fbi-anthony-weiner.html?_r=0

I ask that question regularly and often these days. I have no idea how that can be. But we did elect Shrub twice so not totally surprised. I just had hoped after all these years of so-called changed that things would get better. There was some hope with Obama but now, back to worse than mediocrity in so-called leadership. Very disappointing, U.S.A.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    Clinton emails: Officials advised FBI not to reveal inquiry

The FBI was advised by the US justice department not to inform Congress of a new inquiry into Hillary Clinton's emails, officials say.

http://bbc.in/2e1GdLu
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,164
    brianlux said:

I can't even watch more than 15seconds of the video. It makes me ill.
    How can the Americans allow this person to become POTUS?
    http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/30/us/politics/hillary-clinton-emails-fbi-anthony-weiner.html?_r=0

I ask that question regularly and often these days. I have no idea how that can be. But we did elect Shrub twice so not totally surprised. I just had hoped after all these years of so-called changed that things would get better. There was some hope with Obama but now, back to worse than mediocrity in so-called leadership. Very disappointing, U.S.A.

I think Obama did great. If the GOP had intelligent leadership they could have accomplished a lot.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,762
    Given everything that has happened with this election and everything it entails and means on so many different levels, this whole situation almost makes me feel sick TBH, and I'm not even American.
    Dark days.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Free said:
    Yes and Hillary herself should step down without being asked but of course there is no way that will happen.
    PJ_Soul said:

Given everything that has happened with this election and everything it entails and means on so many different levels, this whole situation almost makes me feel sick TBH, and I'm not even American.
    Dark days.

These are dark days and the only solution to that I can think of is better education. How did we end up with Trump and Clinton as the two candidates despite the fact that together they are at an all time low approval rate? I think it has to be the result of an under-educated voting populous. How else could this have happened and what other solution is there?
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    I would like to throw in that I think part of what makes these dark days is the fucked up extremism behind this loathing of Clinton, as well as the underreaction to Trump's sexually predatory behaviour and nature.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

I would like to throw in that I think part of what makes these dark days is the fucked up extremism behind this loathing of Clinton, as well as the underreaction to Trump's sexually predatory behaviour and nature.

You don't have to throw anything in anymore.
    Hillary won.
    Doesn't matter how or why.
  • Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    edited October 2016
    brianlux said:

Free said:
    Yes and Hillary herself should step down without being asked but of course there is no way that will happen.
    PJ_Soul said:

Dark days.
    These are dark days and the only solution to that I can think of is better education. How did we end up with Trump and Clinton as the two candidates despite the fact that together they are at an all time low approval rate? I think it has to be the result of an under-educated voting populous. How else could this have happened and what other solution is there?

Clinton started buying superdelegates back before Bernie even entered the race. She was planned to win this race when Obama won 8 years ago. It's all fixed Brian, see the Podesta thread. The only thing wasn't planned was that Trump did so well w/ support.
  • Options
    edited October 2016

PJ_Soul said:

You don't have to throw anything in anymore.
    Hillary won.
    Doesn't matter how or why.
    She hasn't won yet, and either way, election day won't make the root causes of what is happening disappear. There is a lot to consider and worry about after election day. Something is changing for the worse in America, clearly. On several different levels. A lot of work ahead of Americans if they want to stop this wrecking ball. I wish them the best.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

I'm not sure why you call it "extremism behind this loathing of Clinton". Many of the people who now are supporting Hillary were very much against here before the Dem convention. Then she became the democratic nominee and all of the sudden her sins were not so egregious. Reacting negatively to the election of a candidate who has so much dirt on here record seems very reasonable, not extreme.

• Options
    ^^^
    I agree.
    All the election threads have spewed a lot of undertones that many Americans are realizing for the first time.
    I have to pull my head out of the American side once in awhile and remind myself that racism is dead (or at least we try to eliminate it) in our country and healthcare is free for everyone.
    No guns for this guy.
  • Options
    Free said:

brianlux said:

Free said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Dark days.

Clinton started buying superdelegates back before Bernie even entered the race. She was planned to win this race when Obama won 8 years ago. It's all fixed Brian, see the Podesta thread. The only thing wasn't planned was that Trump did so well w/ support.

Yes, there's that too of course. Money will buy you anything if you have enough or at least enough power and access to it. Even the presidency. It's what runs the show.

• Options
    edited October 2016
    brianlux said:

PJ_Soul said:

I'm not sure why you call it "extremism behind this loathing of Clinton". Many of the people who now are supporting Hillary were very much against here before the Dem convention. Then she became the democratic nominee and all of the sudden her sins were not so egregious. Reacting negatively to the election of a candidate who has so much dirt on here record seems very reasonable, not extreme.
    You must be kidding. People are talking about how she should be thrown in prison when she hasn't even been charged with anything, literally fabricating corruption in her charitable foundation, and saying that she is having multiple people murdered. And that she supports her husband being a rapist, that she victim shames... etc. And there are so many other lies floating around, and now this crazy thing with the new FBI info. None of this is reasonable. It is fanatical propaganda. Meanwhile, None of her actual accomplishments are ever referenced or considered.
    I am not even a Clinton supporter, but I think this fanatical loathing is as obvious as a punch in the face. Meanwhile, Trump gets away with being a sexual predator, while there is actual proof that he committed fraud in his own charity foundation. He is getting away with it just because, I suppose, he is not held up to any standards whatsoever, but also because there are people working hard to maintain and grow unjustified, deep, visceral hate of Clinton in order to distract from Trump. I think there should be a criminal investigation against him, but that idea isn't even a blip on the radar. Meanwhile, the a FBI seems to now have involvement in politicizing their work days before the election. It's absolutely bizarre.

• Options
    PJ_Soul said:

brianlux said:

PJ_Soul said:

You must be kidding. People are talking about how she should be thrown in prison when she hasn't even been charged with anything, literally fabricating corruption in her charitable foundation, and saying that she is having multiple people murdered. And that she supports her husband being a rapist, that she victim shames... etc. And there are so many other lies floating around, and now this crazy thing with the new FBI info. None of this is reasonable. It is fanatical propaganda. Meanwhile, None of her actual accomplishments are ever referenced or considered.
    I am not even a Clinton supporter, but I think this fanatical loathing is as obvious as a punch in the face. Meanwhile, Trump gets away with being a sexual predator, while there is actual proof that he committed fraud in his own charity foundation. He is getting away with it just because, I suppose, he is not held up to any standards whatsoever, but also because there are people working hard to maintain and grow unjustified, deep, visceral hate of Clinton in order to distract from Trump. I think there should be a criminal investigation against him, but that idea isn't even a blip on the radar. Meanwhile, the a FBI seems to now have involvement in politicizing their work days before the election. It's absolutely bizarre.

I'm not in favor of fanatical loathing. Just reasonable loathing. And it's not like I personally hate Hillary. I just wish she were not so damn likely to become our next president. I am ashamed of this country for not being able to nominate and elect better candidates. Many many many Americans feel the same way.

• Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    Podesta really really wanted to link Comey to Russia Russia Russia.

Hillary learned from her "mistake", but can't explain what was learned.

https://youtu.be/yvRYfZ67wrw
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,523
    PJ_Soul said:

brianlux said:

PJ_Soul said:

The Clinton witch hunts began in 1992. Ask most people why they hate Hilary and they can't articulate it. It has been beaten in their heads for 24 years.

Ask Godffather and it is about 1% factual.
  • Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    Smellyman said:

PJ_Soul said:

brianlux said:

PJ_Soul said:

The Clinton witch hunts began in 1992. Ask most people why they hate Hilary and they can't articulate it. It has been beaten in their heads for 24 years.

I read an article several weeks ago that attributed the intense hatred for the Clinton's in '92 stems from them breaking a longstanding hold on the White House by Republican. Also playing a factor was Hilary's role in Watergate investigations. They were doomed from the start.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,164
    Smellyman said:

PJ_Soul said:

brianlux said:

PJ_Soul said:

Yeah and no matter how many times you challenge him to back up what he says he still repeats the same false crap.

That's what is wrong with America.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,523

Smellyman said:

PJ_Soul said:

brianlux said:

PJ_Soul said:

Yeah and no matter how many times you challenge him to back up what he says he still repeats the same false crap.

That's what is wrong with America.
    Benghazi! emails!
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    edited October 2016
    This is the best article so far on Hillary's current predicament

http://www.wsj.com/articles/laptop-may-include-thousands-of-emails-linked-to-hillary-clintons-private-server-1477854957

Four separate FBI field offices are/were investigating the Clinton Foundation. It also appears that the FBI and the Justice Department are at odds with each other over the approach. The whole atmosphere seems toxic and it is the fault of the Clinton's and the Clinton's alone. Their unethical behaviour in both setting up of the server and through the fundraising and enrichment through the foundation put the FBI in the position of having to investigate. Dems had the choice to vote for a "clean" candidate in the primaries but chose to elect her baggage and all.
  • Options
    So is the Clinton Foundation also being investigated?
  • Options
    Anyone try googling pathological liar or pathological lying?
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487

rgambs said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

unsung said:

But you say that only the demise of the system will bring about change, so then the worst candidate should hasten it.

In turn begin anew.

Maybe in a couple of hundred years it could evolve in a positive direction. Not in our lifetime. But I don't consider the collapse of the government (likely to be replaced by something even worse) is the best option. Not at all. I don't know why you would assume that such a thing would result in any kind of improvement. Seems crazy.
    No one is assuming anything.
    Just responding to your thoughts.
    Don't know why you would think that.
    lol
    How do you know what unsung is or isn't assuming any better than me then?
    I can assume the unsung will call Hillary corrupt openly.
    I can't assume you will.
    Will you?
    I'm not fucking playing this game with you. Stop asking me a question I already answered the first time.
    I'll take that as a no.
    Fucking troll. Get ye hence, foul beast!
    Good one :rofl:
    Will you call her corrupt openly?
    How many corruption charges has Hillary been convicted of?
    The same amount that Trump has been convicted of.
    So how many is that?
    Ha. You couldn't bring yourself to answer it as "Hillary hasn't been convicted of any charges", could ya?
    Remember that the next time you talk of the Oregon protestors.
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,802
    unsung said:

rgambs said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

unsung said:

But you say that only the demise of the system will bring about change, so then the worst candidate should hasten it.

In turn begin anew.

Maybe in a couple of hundred years it could evolve in a positive direction. Not in our lifetime. But I don't consider the collapse of the government (likely to be replaced by something even worse) is the best option. Not at all. I don't know why you would assume that such a thing would result in any kind of improvement. Seems crazy.
    lol
    I can't assume you will.
    Will you?
    I'm not fucking playing this game with you. Stop asking me a question I already answered the first time.
    I'll take that as a no.
    So how many is that?
    Ha. You couldn't bring yourself to answer it as "Hillary hasn't been convicted of any charges", could ya?
    Again, Hillary hasn't even been charged.
    Some of the Branch Dildoians still have a day in court to attend.
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
  • Options
    CM189191 said:

unsung said:

rgambs said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

unsung said:

In turn begin anew.

lol
    I can't assume you will.
    Will you?
    I'll take that as a no.
    So how many is that?
    All citzens get their day in court, unless Obama decides to drone strike you.
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,802
    unsung said:

CM189191 said:

unsung said:

rgambs said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

unsung said:

In turn begin anew.

lol
    I can't assume you will.
    Will you?
    I'll take that as a no.
    So how many is that?
    All citzens get their day in court, unless Obama decides to drone strike you.
    Well, that just would have been unfair to the birds at the sanctuary
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
This discussion has been closed.