Options

Hillary won more votes for President

Comments

• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    The leading candidate for POTUS has the F.B.I. re-opening an investigation.

I think we may have two clowns running instead of one.
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    The FBI just released an official statement stating they are reopening the case against Clinton due to these emails

https://www.google.com/amp/www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/amp/fbi-re-open-investigation-clinton-email-server-n674631
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,099
    maybe they're looking for a naked selfie of putin.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

unsung said:

But you say that only the demise of the system will bring about change, so then the worst candidate should hasten it.

In turn begin anew.

Maybe in a couple of hundred years it could evolve in a positive direction. Not in our lifetime. But I don't consider the collapse of the government (likely to be replaced by something even worse) is the best option. Not at all. I don't know why you would assume that such a thing would result in any kind of improvement. Seems crazy.
    No one is assuming anything.
    Just responding to your thoughts.
    Don't know why you would think that.
    lol
    How do you know what unsung is or isn't assuming any better than me then?
    I can assume the unsung will call Hillary corrupt openly.
    I can't assume you will.
    Will you?
    I'm not fucking playing this game with you. Stop asking me a question I already answered the first time.
    I'll take that as a no.
    Fucking troll. Get ye hence, foul beast!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,159
    edited October 2016
    So is this a play by Comey to influence the election?

I mean holy shit...he says himself that he has no idea how long it will take...why now? (although he also states that they came across emails while doing another investigation)
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    Also, this follows the trend of a damaging Hillary story AGAIN being released on a Friday afternoon.

How very convenient.
  • Options
    unsung said:

lukin2006 said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

rssesq said:

PJ_Soul said:

rssesq said:

PJ_Soul said:

rssesq said:

carry on not addressing the recent wikis and her unquenchable thirst for the dolla dolla bill y'all.

I am confused. I thought most Americans are really gung-ho about making money.
    that's what funny about this. nothing is addressed about Trump's legal avoidance of taxes and bankruptcy claims which left thousands of workers and vendors without payment, but aw, "Hillary likes to make money making speeches! for shame!". And all this "queen" talk leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth. You never heard anyone talk about a male POTUS or candidate as "king". what's with the queen bullshit? I'm guessing it's a dig at her supporters that the perception is they are grovelling idiots who will bow down to her and believe everything she says. which is rubbish. almost all of them have already plainly stated that they'd only prefer her over Trump, because that's the choice they were given. no other reason.
    PRIVATE CITIZEN. duhhhhh

So Bill Clinton was expected to do what after leaving the White House? Never work again?
    So you think that people who work for government have no right to secondary incomes?
    jesus, no kidding. what a stupid argument.
    Having his Secretary of State wife line up cash donors from Russian oligarchs to Moroccan Kings for PAY FOR PLAY services is wholey kosher. lmao

of course it's not. but.....Trump.
    Why? Because he's said bad things?
    no, because of what he has said he WILL do if he wins. it will be an unmitigated disaster.
    So you don't think Congress will stifle him?
    Of course they will. So he will get nothing done at the same time as ruining global relations because of what he tries to get done. He will do immeasurable damage on the diplomatic stage. And thats saying something given americas track record in that area.

Oh definitely, the US would not want their reputation damaged by a loudmouth, its much more effective damaging your reputation through war, bullying and meddling...
    LOL, think the last 16 have been bad, well the world hasn't seen anything yet.
    Hahaha ok El Rushbo!
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124

tonifig8 said:

BS44325 said:
    Germ / Matt / PJ Soul / Halifax / or that guy who is always posting LOL's and then heads back to the Ed is hot thread..(Clintonite army).....

Doesn't the NSA record and save all our communications... Don't they have a copy of those deleted emails. Can't the FBI or maybe Lynch just take a trip out there and pick up a copy? I think they're like 10 cents a sheet.

Any info on this?
    Not sure if the NSA does or not. I don't think that is what the source is here.
    It's probably wikileaks related but not necessarily. When Comey was asked in testimony whether he and/or the FBI was investigating the Clinton Foundation as a separate matter he said that "he couldn't say". That wasn't a denial but just a point that he wouldn't comment. It is quite likely that a possible Clinton Foundation investigation turned up evidence related to the email server question. Remember that Comey's basic stance was that "intent" to distribute classified information didn't exist and hence he couldn't recommend charges even though he thought there was general wrong doing. For Comey to even mention the possibility of reopening this investigation suggests he might have come across information relative to "intent". If that's the case then Clinton better skip town fast. Comey put his and the FBI's reputation on the line when he decided not to recommend charges and he won't allow the Clinton's to take him down should "intent" evidence becomes public.
  • Options
    rgambs said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

unsung said:

But you say that only the demise of the system will bring about change, so then the worst candidate should hasten it.

In turn begin anew.

Maybe in a couple of hundred years it could evolve in a positive direction. Not in our lifetime. But I don't consider the collapse of the government (likely to be replaced by something even worse) is the best option. Not at all. I don't know why you would assume that such a thing would result in any kind of improvement. Seems crazy.
    lol
    I can't assume you will.
    Will you?
    I'm not fucking playing this game with you. Stop asking me a question I already answered the first time.
    I'll take that as a no.
    Good one :rofl:
    Will you call her corrupt openly?
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,815
    Jason P said:

Also, this follows the trend of a damaging Hillary story AGAIN being released on a Friday afternoon.

How very convenient.

Friday is better keeps it in the news all weekend. The Trump was on Friday too
  • Options
    edited October 2016

rgambs said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

unsung said:

In turn begin anew.

lol
    I can't assume you will.
    Will you?
    I'll take that as a no.
    Good one :rofl:
    Will you call her corrupt openly?

Absolutely, if asked by someone I respect enough to be worthy of the effort, and it isn't much effort.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    mrussel1 said:

Jason P said:

How very convenient.

You can ask for no better time to have a damaging story released (unless it is 48 hours before a presidential debate). Two days of time to spin it while America tunes out to football.

To be fair, the Trump story was when the media decided to go knives-out on Trump because of the actual possibility the Clown might win. The only reason NBC didn't wait until Monday is because either 1) they caught wind that someone else had a scoop on the story or 2) They were saving the story as a counter-measure for the Hillary email wiki release that happened several hours earlier.
    Post edited by Jason P on
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

tonifig8 said:

BS44325 said:
    Germ / Matt / PJ Soul / Halifax / or that guy who is always posting LOL's and then heads back to the Ed is hot thread..(Clintonite army).....

Doesn't the NSA record and save all our communications... Don't they have a copy of those deleted emails. Can't the FBI or maybe Lynch just take a trip out there and pick up a copy? I think they're like 10 cents a sheet.

Any info on this?
    It's probably wikileaks related but not necessarily. When Comey was asked in testimony whether he and/or the FBI was investigating the Clinton Foundation as a separate matter he said that "he couldn't say". That wasn't a denial but just a point that he wouldn't comment. It is quite likely that a possible Clinton Foundation investigation turned up evidence related to the email server question. Remember that Comey's basic stance was that "intent" to distribute classified information didn't exist and hence he couldn't recommend charges even though he thought there was general wrong doing. For Comey to even mention the possibility of reopening this investigation suggests he might have come across information relative to "intent". If that's the case then Clinton better skip town fast. Comey put his and the FBI's reputation on the line when he decided not to recommend charges and he won't allow the Clinton's to take him down should "intent" evidence becomes public.
    No it doesn't suggest that at all. It suggests (straight from his statement) that there are some emails that they need to review that they haven't reviewed yet.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    It just seems like if it were damaging they would make that determination now. They wouldn't lead us to believe that there might be something damaging and yet still say "we don't know when we will get to it".

• Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818

I mean holy shit...he says himself that he has no idea how long it will take...why now? (although he also states that they came across emails while doing another investigation)

Do you think he found this information while investigating the Foundation? I'm actually curious on this too

Since the wikileaks were illegally obtained that couldn't be the only reason or a reason at all to reopen the case could it?

@Gern Blansten or anyone else that may know the legalities of this
  • Options
    Boxes&BooksBoxes&Books USA Posts: 2,672
    Jason P said:

mrussel1 said:

Jason P said:

How very convenient.

You can ask for no better time to have a damaging story released. Two days of time to spin it while America tunes out to football.

To be fair, the Trump story was when the media decided to go knives-out on Trump because of the actual possibility the Clown might win. The only reason NBC didn't wait until Monday is because either 1) they caught wind that someone else had a scoop on the story or 2) They were saving the story as a counter-measure for the Hillary email wiki release that happened several hours earlier.
    Wait who's going to spin it? Can someone of you guys post links to popular papers/news groups that are spinning this revelation? Would love to read/see some good info.

Otherwise I'll probably continue to get my news from JC. He's been the best news reporter lately.
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124

BS44325 said:

tonifig8 said:

BS44325 said:

Any info on this?
    No it doesn't suggest that at all. It suggests (straight from his statement) that there are some emails that they need to review that they haven't reviewed yet.
    But why say anything at all? A press release isn't necessary to do a review.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,758
    edited October 2016
    lukin2006 said:

I don't know how many times this has to be stated: it is a fact, in my opinion, that you simply cannot get to the highest office in the land without backroom bullshit. I am shocked that nothing about Obama has come to light. Maybe he's the exception, maybe he's just that damn good. Either way both hillary and donald are not immune. If you think he is anti establishment, you are a fool. If you think he gives a shit about you, you are a fool. If you think he wont use the presidency as a springboard to make millions afterwards, you are a fool.

Either participate in the system or dont. But dont even try to put one candidate on a an anti corruption pedestal over the other. If you do, you are a fool.

It comes down, unfortunately, in this particular election, of who you think wont put the country into the ground financially, socially, progressively, and diplomatically.

To me, without question, that person is hillary. Trump has the bigger potential to be a trainwreck. He is a massive risk that i cant believe so many are comfortable taking. With hillary, you get more of the same. With trump, you dont have a sweet clue what you are getting.

You really think POTUS is the highest office in the land? Is that why out of a country of 300 + million these are the best the US can do, no way sir, I seriously doubt the best and brightest enter politics...more like leeches who suck off the productivity of others.
    There are rare exceptions to the rule, but I generally completely agree with this. What kind of wonderful, well-intentioned, smart person would want to wade into politics and spend their days working with type-A personality, power hungry scum? High level politics mostly attracts sleeze balls who only care about their own egos, and these people have built a system that supports them and keeps the people who could actually help the citizens out, because they are are threat to politicians' ability to continue greasing wheels and growing their own positions and salaries and kickbacks. By mnipulating people and campaigns, the government has effectively locked put the people we actually need running the show just by making it impossible for a good person to succeed in or even psychologically tolerate the political landscape. Plus they couldn't afford it because nobody will put tight restrictions on campaign spending and donations. This runs deep, so it can't just be fixed by a person with great intentions and skills running for office. The current politicians would have to be purged somehow and barred from office, and obviously that isn't happening, since anyone who could try and start such a thing is in their pockets. This applies to governments all over the world. This is why the world is so fucked up.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,659
    tonifig8 said:

BS44325 said:

Any info on this?
    lol
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,758
    How have I become a member of the "Clintonite army"? :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,099
    PJ_Soul said:

How have I become a member of the "Clintonite army"? :lol:

apparently those anti-HRC haven't been listening.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Dirtie_FrankDirtie_Frank Posts: 1,348

Why didn't just give up all her emails and server earlier?
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    00 Virginia Beach;Camden I; Jones Beach III
    05 Borgata Night I; Wachovia Center
    06 Letterman Show; Webcast (guy in blue shirt), Camden I; DC
    08 Camden I; Camden II; DC
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    Comey tryin to salvage his reputation. lmao
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504

she's toast, trying to hide something and getting caught trying to hide something is truly an admission of guilt.
    I think she would look just fitting in an orange jump suit.

Godfather.

• Options
    it'll be quiet round here until huma weiner gets the talking points out
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,802

she's toast, trying to hide something and getting caught trying to hide something is truly an admission of guilt.

Godfather.

.....any....day.....now....
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    some more, nutin to see here, move along.

Another case of nothing there...

http://www.npr.org/2016/10/28/499770889/fbi-to-reopen-investigation-into-hillary-clintons-email

• Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,735

Godfather.

George W Bush came out okay, Hillary will, too.
  • Options

Godfather.

George W Bush came out okay, Hillary will, too.
    Your absolutely correct, she'll be fine. She got over 500 million in cash (Moroccan Dirhams, Saudi Arabian Riyals, Russian Rubles, Israeli Shekels, Haitian Gourdes, Bahraini Dinars)

• Options
    pjalive21 said:

Do you think he found this information while investigating the Foundation? I'm actually curious on this too

Since the wikileaks were illegally obtained that couldn't be the only reason or a reason at all to reopen the case could it?

@Gern Blansten or anyone else that may know the legalities of this
    I don't think the FBI is investigating the foundation. And no, I can't imagine that the FBI would use wikileaks as a basis for an investigation. It's possible that the FBI is looking into the hack though.

This discussion has been closed.