Options

Hillary won more votes for President

Comments

• Options
    Boxes&BooksBoxes&Books USA Posts: 2,672

tonifig8 said:

tonifig8 said:

tonifig8 said:

Has anyone ever met anyone who actually likes Hillary Clinton? Several of you are voting for her, but do you actually like her? Most of the people I've met who are supporting her are mainly supporting her because of trump or because she's the left candidate.
    Does this kind of explain why she can't get people to turn out for her live events?

LOL...more with the attendance?

Yes I like her. I know a lot of people that like her and can't get over the bullshit she is having to go through.

I've said a few times on here...she is getting worse treatment as a woman than Obama did as an African American. Unreal.
    Wait... First off, that's your screwed up personal opionion. The fact that she has been consistently polling so high in the negative department for over a year is reality. Second, She's getting the worst treatment because why? You honestly can't be that blind to the fact that she herself is doing this to herself. We believed before the leaks, and now with the leaks it proves it. People disliked her for being a two face politician, amongst many other reasons, and the leaks have proven that to be fact.

You've said it yourself several times that wasn't the best candidate. Not only that, but the fact is that you are a former BernieBro, or was that all BS? Therefore there was definitely a better option for you.
    Her having attendance issues has always been the case. That was the case during the primaries. There's no need to play games here. It is what it is.
    You're trying to talk as though her being a woman hasn't altered people's perception because of gender bias and double standards. Part of the negative perception with Hillary is that she's seen as cold and/or a b---h. The expectation about women that people hold is that there has to be a certain level of interpersonal warmth combined with placating others. This expectation just isn't there for male politicians.

Huh?!? Who the hell even mentioned her gender? We're talking About reality here, brother! Her gender hasn't even been brought up once in this campaign, like race was brought up for Obama. Stop wasting time. So you can have that convo with someone else.
    Maybe I'm going too fast for ya. You talked about the negative perception of her, I was saying gender bias and sexism plays a role in this. Gender doesn't have to be brought up specifically for it to be an issue. If often happens below the conscience anyway. People have expectations on how women should act and they look at different things to judge them on. An example is why Bill is brought up so often. Women are judged more on their relationships with others and that their relationships will influence them more than men, and men are perceived to be more independent, so you hear less about their relationships. Don't you pay attention to how people treat women differently than men in the same situation?
    Sorry, I stopped reading your comment after the first few lines. You aren't going to fast for me. Don't give me that elitist bullshit. Let me make this clear. This election has been about the two most shittiest candidates ever(that's a bit of a stretch, but u get my point). There is no fucking time to even notice that there is a woman running for president. It's not even a Barack Obama moment, where we could feel proud because of his race, along with his qualifications. This is a shit race. With a candidate that has hidden from the press who won a primary because said candidate was working with everyone in power to win that shit. And a candidate who is ballshit crazy(trump).

Some people might hold gender as a valid issue to them, but I would imagine that's a small group and not enough to be a factor. Maybe you and someone else can talk the shit out of that factor. I'm not interested in it, since it hasn't even been brought up once this entire election.

I'd like to get back to reality. Good luck to you
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,066
    tonifig8 said:

tonifig8 said:

tonifig8 said:

Has anyone ever met anyone who actually likes Hillary Clinton? Several of you are voting for her, but do you actually like her? Most of the people I've met who are supporting her are mainly supporting her because of trump or because she's the left candidate.
    Does this kind of explain why she can't get people to turn out for her live events?

Yes I like her. I know a lot of people that like her and can't get over the bullshit she is having to go through.

I've said a few times on here...she is getting worse treatment as a woman than Obama did as an African American. Unreal.
    Wait... First off, that's your screwed up personal opionion. The fact that she has been consistently polling so high in the negative department for over a year is reality. Second, She's getting the worst treatment because why? You honestly can't be that blind to the fact that she herself is doing this to herself. We believed before the leaks, and now with the leaks it proves it. People disliked her for being a two face politician, amongst many other reasons, and the leaks have proven that to be fact.

You've said it yourself several times that wasn't the best candidate. Not only that, but the fact is that you are a former BernieBro, or was that all BS? Therefore there was definitely a better option for you.
    Her having attendance issues has always been the case. That was the case during the primaries. There's no need to play games here. It is what it is.
    Polling negative because of bullshit attacks.

No I don't believe she is doing it to herself. Look at the fucking emails. Admit it...you expected to see some really damaging shit in there and there isn't any.

She's a politician yes....she was nominated over Bernie Sanders and one other guy. No one else wanted to go up against her.

It remains to be seen how the election will turn out but a significant win for Clinton will show you how lopsided the coverage is. She wins because of people like me. Reasonable, intelligent people that see through the bullshit that you can't see through.
    Wait! How the hell is she polling negative because of bullshit attacks with the fucking media is on her side?!? Who's sending those bullshit attacks... The person she's running against likes to talk about grabbing pussy and is a complete moron. Yet she still in a very contested race.
    You're talking like an elitist, "people like me who are intelligent... Blah blah blah..." Wtf is wrong with you?
    She was nominated over Sanders, and you were a BernieBro- therefore there was someone better in the election, so that means you like her enough to vote for her, but you'd prefer sanders(since that was your primary candidate). Let's not forget DWS resigned because her and the DNC rigged the primary as much as they possibly could.

The emails have proven a whole fucking lot! We weren't looking for her to be arrested(stop kidding yourself) we would hope she would, but ultimately we got the satisfaction that we were right! The fact that we're Not conspiracy nuts and that we were telling the truth. Hillary Clinton is a two face piece of garbage politician! That's exactly what she is! All about the money for her and all about misleading the American public. That's why she has two different policy positions. Example, She takes money from donors, such as the guy who is fighting for GMO labeling, and then does something entirely different. The list goes on and on!

im sure there are people who genuinely like her, such as her high ranking staff and those few people who turn out for her events(assuming most aren't getting paid to be there), but the majority of you folks are voting for her because of trump! You are a prima example, a former BernieBro. :)
    The media isn't on her side. That's bullshit. If the media was on her side they would be beating Trump over the had about
    1. Rape suit
    2. Trump Univ
    3. Trump Foundation

Why is it that we hear about the Clinton Foundation because of leaked emails (every time they report on these they always say "these emails have not been verified") but we don't hear about the actual bullshit that was the Trump Foundation? That story died and it shouldn't have....IRS penalties, Paying Donald's bullshit with foundation funds, paying for paintings of Donald that are in his house, etc.

Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    Just look at her endorsements from Republicans and BERNIE SANDERS.

They know it's bullshit. Now...go back to your bubble. It's nice and comfy in there.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    Her endorsements are from the establishment. Period.

Left wing, right wing, same bird.

The two party system is a farce.
  • Options

tonifig8 said:

tonifig8 said:

tonifig8 said:

Polling negative because of bullshit attacks.

No I don't believe she is doing it to herself. Look at the fucking emails. Admit it...you expected to see some really damaging shit in there and there isn't any.

She's a politician yes....she was nominated over Bernie Sanders and one other guy. No one else wanted to go up against her.

It remains to be seen how the election will turn out but a significant win for Clinton will show you how lopsided the coverage is. She wins because of people like me. Reasonable, intelligent people that see through the bullshit that you can't see through.
    Wait! How the hell is she polling negative because of bullshit attacks with the fucking media is on her side?!? Who's sending those bullshit attacks... The person she's running against likes to talk about grabbing pussy and is a complete moron. Yet she still in a very contested race.
    You're talking like an elitist, "people like me who are intelligent... Blah blah blah..." Wtf is wrong with you?
    She was nominated over Sanders, and you were a BernieBro- therefore there was someone better in the election, so that means you like her enough to vote for her, but you'd prefer sanders(since that was your primary candidate). Let's not forget DWS resigned because her and the DNC rigged the primary as much as they possibly could.

The emails have proven a whole fucking lot! We weren't looking for her to be arrested(stop kidding yourself) we would hope she would, but ultimately we got the satisfaction that we were right! The fact that we're Not conspiracy nuts and that we were telling the truth. Hillary Clinton is a two face piece of garbage politician! That's exactly what she is! All about the money for her and all about misleading the American public. That's why she has two different policy positions. Example, She takes money from donors, such as the guy who is fighting for GMO labeling, and then does something entirely different. The list goes on and on!

im sure there are people who genuinely like her, such as her high ranking staff and those few people who turn out for her events(assuming most aren't getting paid to be there), but the majority of you folks are voting for her because of trump! You are a prima example, a former BernieBro. :)
    The media isn't on her side. That's bullshit. If the media was on her side they would be beating Trump over the had about
    1. Rape suit
    2. Trump Univ
    3. Trump Foundation

Why is it that we hear about the Clinton Foundation because of leaked emails (every time they report on these they always say "these emails have not been verified") but we don't hear about the actual bullshit that was the Trump Foundation? That story died and it shouldn't have....IRS penalties, Paying Donald's bullshit with foundation funds, paying for paintings of Donald that are in his house, etc.

The media is not on her side? Did Dona brazile give her team a question? Do the leaks not show enough proof of how many powerful people in the media were working directly with her and her team to produce info that was favorable for her?

Donald trump has been bashed non-stop. There's nothing to discuss there, at this point. Pick up the paper, click on any site, and you'll see the headlines. That's been the cas all along. Moving on.

The emails have been verified. No need to pay dumb on that one. They know it and we all know it.
  • Options
    When people in the future ask if you've ever voted for a republican you can still say "NO! The closest I ever came to voting for a republican was voting trump. "
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,718
    tonifig8 said:

tonifig8 said:

tonifig8 said:

tonifig8 said:

You're trying to talk as though her being a woman hasn't altered people's perception because of gender bias and double standards. Part of the negative perception with Hillary is that she's seen as cold and/or a b---h. The expectation about women that people hold is that there has to be a certain level of interpersonal warmth combined with placating others. This expectation just isn't there for male politicians.

Huh?!? Who the hell even mentioned her gender? We're talking About reality here, brother! Her gender hasn't even been brought up once in this campaign, like race was brought up for Obama. Stop wasting time. So you can have that convo with someone else.
    Maybe I'm going too fast for ya. You talked about the negative perception of her, I was saying gender bias and sexism plays a role in this. Gender doesn't have to be brought up specifically for it to be an issue. If often happens below the conscience anyway. People have expectations on how women should act and they look at different things to judge them on. An example is why Bill is brought up so often. Women are judged more on their relationships with others and that their relationships will influence them more than men, and men are perceived to be more independent, so you hear less about their relationships. Don't you pay attention to how people treat women differently than men in the same situation?
    Sorry, I stopped reading your comment after the first few lines. You aren't going to fast for me. Don't give me that elitist bullshit. Let me make this clear. This election has been about the two most shittiest candidates ever(that's a bit of a stretch, but u get my point). There is no fucking time to even notice that there is a woman running for president. It's not even a Barack Obama moment, where we could feel proud because of his race, along with his qualifications. This is a shit race. With a candidate that has hidden from the press who won a primary because said candidate was working with everyone in power to win that shit. And a candidate who is ballshit crazy(trump).

Some people might hold gender as a valid issue to them, but I would imagine that's a small group and not enough to be a factor. Maybe you and someone else can talk the shit out of that factor. I'm not interested in it, since it hasn't even been brought up once this entire election.

No time to notice? Okay. So how many years did it take for you to notice Obama was black? Or did someone point that out to you? Trump has soecifically brought up her gender. The media talks about it. People talk about it. The first female prez will be historic. Just because you tell yourself you haven't noticed doesn't mean you haven't noticed.
  • Options
    tonifig8 said:

tonifig8 said:

tonifig8 said:

tonifig8 said:

Let me know when Joe the Plumber runs for president. The gall of people to be educated, thoughtful, reflective, to weigh options and make an informed decision. Damn elitists.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options

tonifig8 said:

tonifig8 said:

tonifig8 said:

tonifig8 said:

No time to notice? Okay. So how many years did it take for you to notice Obama was black? Or did someone point that out to you? Trump has soecifically brought up her gender. The media talks about it. People talk about it. The first female prez will be historic. Just because you tell yourself you haven't noticed doesn't mean you haven't noticed.
    Why are we talking about her gender? Because you actually believe that she is receiving poor polling (untrustworthiness/etc) because she is a woman?
    Dude, I'm not blind. I've noticed that she is a woman.. I noticed Obama was black. What's your point? I'm telling you it's a non issue for me and Clinton's gender has been a non-issue in general. Fuck, if it makes you happy send me an article that talks about the gender issue and I'll read it.

Obama was giving speeches on race, as a matter of fact I have a copy of his speech on race signed by him. It was a serious issue. He was receiving tons of death threats because of his race. I haven't heard of anything like that concerning Clinton and her gender.

Maybe you should have this whole gender discussion with someone who is a sexist or someone who isn't a progressive... I don't know what to tell you. It's a big fat zero factor for me. What I want to discuss are those darn cute grandchildren Lynch and Clinton were talking about on the tarmac.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,945
    unsung said:

just put that in your signature and be done with it already.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    Y'all better prepare yourself for President Kaine

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/10/28/fbi-probing-new-clinton-emails.html
  • Options

• Options
    BS44325 said:

I smell a pardon if anything comes of it

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,735
    unsung said:

Her endorsements are from the establishment? Vs who? You...me? I'm not following this line of attack. I'm not political establishment but I've endorsed her. Should I be mad that CNN hasn't reported on it?

Who precisely would you expect to endorse her, that would make news, that isn't "establishment"?
  • Options
    I hate to break the 'not for Hillary' narrative that is rampant here, but here's a nice little assessment by 538 that reaches the opposite conclusion. Turns out she is in a strong position with Obama being an historical outlier.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/clinton-voters-arent-just-voting-against-trump/
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124

BS44325 said:

Just like Mark Rich? I don't think Obama will risk his legacy on that.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,836
    edited October 2016
    mrussel1 said:

unsung said:

Her endorsements are from the establishment? Vs who? You...me? I'm not following this line of attack. I'm not political establishment but I've endorsed her. Should I be mad that CNN hasn't reported on it?

Who precisely would you expect to endorse her, that would make news, that isn't "establishment"?
    Maybe the point is more that no one that is non-establishment is for her. Why would they be?
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,718
    tonifig8 said:

tonifig8 said:

tonifig8 said:

tonifig8 said:

tonifig8 said:

Why are we talking about her gender? Because you actually believe that she is receiving poor polling (untrustworthiness/etc) because she is a woman?
    Dude, I'm not blind. I've noticed that she is a woman.. I noticed Obama was black. What's your point? I'm telling you it's a non issue for me and Clinton's gender has been a non-issue in general. Fuck, if it makes you happy send me an article that talks about the gender issue and I'll read it.

Obama was giving speeches on race, as a matter of fact I have a copy of his speech on race signed by him. It was a serious issue. He was receiving tons of death threats because of his race. I haven't heard of anything like that concerning Clinton and her gender.

Maybe you should have this whole gender discussion with someone who is a sexist or someone who isn't a progressive... I don't know what to tell you. It's a big fat zero factor for me. What I want to discuss are those darn cute grandchildren Lynch and Clinton were talking about on the tarmac.
    I'm not saying your sexist, all I'm saying is that gender is a factor in how she is perceived by the public as a whole.
  • Options
    brianlux said:

mrussel1 said:

unsung said:

Maybe the point is more that no one that is non-establishment is for her. Why would they be?
    Who is non establishment that would make the news. I'm trying to figure out who these people are?
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

Just like Mark Rich? I don't think Obama will risk his legacy on that.
    If a couple bullshit emails have "classified" info in them he will pardon just to stop the GOP from bullshit investigations.

• Options
    edited October 2016
    mrussel1 said:

brianlux said:

mrussel1 said:

unsung said:

Who is non establishment that would make the news. I'm trying to figure out who these people are?
    Non establishment people often don't make the news. Their voices are stifled. If you only follow major media you probably never heard of any of them for that very reason.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    If I were on the Trump campaign, I'd be on high alert. There's got to be something put out to change the narrative.
  • Options
    Another interesting article to add to the above.
    http://www.itv.com/news/2016-10-28/fbi-reopens-investigation-into-hillary-clintons-e-mails/

Watch the radlibs excuse this one.
  • Options

• Options
    BS44325 said:
    Germ / Matt / PJ Soul / Halifax / or that guy who is always posting LOL's and then heads back to the Ed is hot thread..(Clintonite army).....

Doesn't the NSA record and save all our communications... Don't they have a copy of those deleted emails. Can't the FBI or maybe Lynch just take a trip out there and pick up a copy? I think they're like 10 cents a sheet.

Any info on this?
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,945
    tonifig8 said:

BS44325 said:
    Germ / Matt / PJ Soul / Halifax / or that guy who is always posting LOL's and then heads back to the Ed is hot thread..(Clintonite army).....

Doesn't the NSA record and save all our communications... Don't they have a copy of those deleted emails. Can't the FBI or maybe Lynch just take a trip out there and pick up a copy? I think they're like 10 cents a sheet.

Any info on this?
    why do you keep yammering on about someone posting in the ed is hot thread? do you stalk people here?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    brianlux said:

mrussel1 said:

brianlux said:

mrussel1 said:

unsung said:

Non establishment people often don't make the news. Their voices are stifled. If you only follow major media you probably never heard of any of them for that very reason.

I agree . So maybe somewhere in her 48% vote count, there's non establishments in there. They just don't make the news. It makes Unsung comment just silly.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    unsung said:

Calling someone a racist no longer wins the argument just because they don't agree with your desired direction of the country.

Keep deflecting on how your policies can't be implemented without the use of force, and how those policies bring crime to areas that didn't have it.

LOL like how you keep deflecting on how your policies can"t be implemented at all haha
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    tonifig8 said:

BS44325 said:

Any info on this?
    Not sure if the NSA does or not. I don't think that is what the source is here.

This discussion has been closed.