Options

Hillary won more votes for President

Comments

• Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487

PJ_Soul said:

I have always accepted that 90% of politicians are corrupt. To me that's just a given, so feel no compulsion to keep pointing it out every day of my life. It would be like spending my time declaring that the sky is blue and shit stinks. Corruption is now systemically built into politics. It's what keeps good people from entering politics in the first place, and what attracts all these jerks to it. And what turns good people to the dark side (almost all do IMO). Yes, that's the status quo. Yes, I want it to change. But it's not going to any time soon, and hating the Clintons or harping on about how they conduct politics (legally) isn't going to change it either. Nothing will. Nothing short of a total collapse of the government, that is.

I don't see the non-corrupt politicians getting very far- meaning voters choose the candidate that has qualities they end up resenting. Voters are manipulated by the money in politics and they want the ego driven person. A person running a campaign and platform of high ethical standards and compromise is going to come across as less appealing. People want to see an individual encapsulate things beyond the reality of the position and what they can do.
    I used to think this was why Rand didn't get traction.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,747
    unsung said:

PJ_Soul said:

unsung said:

PJ_Soul said:

I have always accepted that 90% of politicians are corrupt. To me that's just a given, so feel no compulsion to keep pointing it out every day of my life. It would be like spending my time declaring that the sky is blue and shit stinks. Corruption is a now systemically built into politics. It's what keeps good people from entering politics in the first place, and what attracts all these jerks to it. Yes, that's the status quo. Yes, I want it to change. But it's not going to any time soon, and hating the Clintons or harping on about how they conduct politics (legally) isn't going to change it either. Nothing will. Nothing short of a total collapse of the government, that is.

Knowing that...

But are you still voting?
    Of course (In Canada). Some corrupt politicians are better than other corrupt politicians. If that 2% happens to be running and hold many of the same views as me that I think are important, I'll vote for them. I've only had that opportunity once in my life.
    But you acknowledge that the system is corrupt. So why continue to participate in it? I'm not saying this to be rude, I'm saying it because voting can't fix it. Corruption at any level should be grounds for physically removing these crooks by any and all means necessary.
    Because someone's going to win whether I vote or not. Because no one is going to remove these people. Because I'm not up for starting a revolution that tears down the government (and neither are you). Because I know that this kind of change is a slow evolutionary process (or a quick complete and deadly disaster). So I think the only logical thing to do is choose the best candidate and vote for them. Because the best of a bad lot is still better than the rest. I am not delusional about the power of my actions, so understand that not voting for anyone in protest is completely pointless, and can actually contribute to putting the worse of the candidates in office, which only makes the problems worse instead of better.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    edited October 2016
    But you say that only the demise of the system will bring about change, so then the worst candidate should hasten it.

In turn begin anew.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    unsung said:

But you say that only the demise of the system will bring about change, so then the worst candidate should hasten it.

In turn begin anew.

Maybe in a couple of hundred years it could evolve in a positive direction. Not in our lifetime. But I don't consider the collapse of the government (likely to be replaced by something even worse) to be the best option. Not at all. I don't know why you would assume that such a thing would result in any kind of improvement. Seems crazy. Also, why would the worst candidate hasten such a thing??? I don't think that's true at all. Usually, the worst candidate just gets politicians further entrenched in corruption.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

unsung said:

In turn begin anew.

Maybe in a couple of hundred years it could evolve in a positive direction. Not in our lifetime. But I don't consider the collapse of the government (likely to be replaced by something even worse) is the best option. Not at all. I don't know why you would assume that such a thing would result in any kind of improvement. Seems crazy.
    No one is assuming anything.
    Just responding to your thoughts.
    Don't know why you would think that.
    lol
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

unsung said:

In turn begin anew.

Maybe in a couple of hundred years it could evolve in a positive direction. Not in our lifetime. But I don't consider the collapse of the government (likely to be replaced by something even worse) is the best option. Not at all. I don't know why you would assume that such a thing would result in any kind of improvement. Seems crazy.
    lol
    How do you know what unsung is or isn't assuming any better than me then?
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

unsung said:

In turn begin anew.

lol
    I can assume the unsung will call Hillary corrupt openly.
    I can't assume you will.
    Will you?
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

unsung said:

In turn begin anew.

lol
    I was just trying to have a conversation.

It seems these forums demand the use of disclaimers anymore. ***non-hostile intent***
  • Options
    unsung said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

unsung said:

In turn begin anew.

lol
    I was just trying to have a conversation.

It seems these forums demand the use of disclaimers anymore. ***non-hostile intent***
    Lol. I thought you and I were having a pleasant conversation. PJfan doesn't seem to like those though. ;)
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

unsung said:

In turn begin anew.

lol
    I can't assume you will.
    Will you?
    I'm not fucking playing this game with you. Stop asking me a question I already answered the first time.
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

unsung said:

In turn begin anew.

lol
    I can't assume you will.
    Will you?
    Hillary Clinton is the most corrupt individual to ever secure a major party nomination for President in my lifetime.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,801
    unsung said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

unsung said:

In turn begin anew.

lol
    I can't assume you will.
    Will you?
    Hillary Clinton is the most corrupt individual to ever secure a major party nomination for President in my lifetime.
    Yet she committed no crimes. Amazing statement.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

unsung said:

In turn begin anew.

lol
    I can't assume you will.
    Will you?
    I'm not fucking playing this game with you. Stop asking me a question I already answered the first time.
    I'll take that as a no.
  • Options
    unsung said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

unsung said:

In turn begin anew.

lol
    I can't assume you will.
    Will you?
    So you're how old? 15 or so?
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Hillary Wants To Make It Official With ISIS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoY16tJvhQo

lol
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,130
    unsung said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

unsung said:

In turn begin anew.

lol
    I can't assume you will.
    Will you?
    Do you get satellite TV in your bubble?
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options

unsung said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

unsung said:

In turn begin anew.

lol
    I can't assume you will.
    Will you?
    Do you get satellite TV in your bubble?
    Et tu, Brute

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,087
    rssesq said:

BS44325 said:

Free said:

rssesq said:
    Follow the $$$$!
    The corruption by the Clintons is undeniable now. I accept Trump is an asshole and yet still think he's a better choice by my own stupid calculus. I wish the Clinton supporters would at least say "I know Hillary and Bill are corrupt as fuck but I'm still with her". Can't we all just be honest at this point? Even is she wins don't you want her held to a better standard?
    Not a one will answer this. They wanna talk about how any criticism of the current system is "racist". Find new material. This is straight outta the Abe Foxman playbook.

How many times do I have to say this before you rubes stop saying no one will say it?

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    unsung said:

unsung said:

rssesq said:

PJ_Soul said:

rssesq said:

PJ_Soul said:

rssesq said:

carry on not addressing the recent wikis and her unquenchable thirst for the dolla dolla bill y'all.

I am confused. I thought most Americans are really gung-ho about making money.
    that's what funny about this. nothing is addressed about Trump's legal avoidance of taxes and bankruptcy claims which left thousands of workers and vendors without payment, but aw, "Hillary likes to make money making speeches! for shame!". And all this "queen" talk leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth. You never heard anyone talk about a male POTUS or candidate as "king". what's with the queen bullshit? I'm guessing it's a dig at her supporters that the perception is they are grovelling idiots who will bow down to her and believe everything she says. which is rubbish. almost all of them have already plainly stated that they'd only prefer her over Trump, because that's the choice they were given. no other reason.
    PRIVATE CITIZEN. duhhhhh

So Bill Clinton was expected to do what after leaving the White House? Never work again?
    So you think that people who work for government have no right to secondary incomes?
    jesus, no kidding. what a stupid argument.
    Having his Secretary of State wife line up cash donors from Russian oligarchs to Moroccan Kings for PAY FOR PLAY services is wholey kosher. lmao

of course it's not. but.....Trump.
    Why? Because he's said bad things?
    no, because of what he has said he WILL do if he wins. it will be an unmitigated disaster.
    So you don't think Congress will stifle him?
    Of course they will. So he will get nothing done at the same time as ruining global relations because of what he tries to get done. He will do immeasurable damage on the diplomatic stage. And thats saying something given americas track record in that area.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited October 2016

unsung said:

unsung said:

rssesq said:

PJ_Soul said:

rssesq said:

PJ_Soul said:

rssesq said:

carry on not addressing the recent wikis and her unquenchable thirst for the dolla dolla bill y'all.

that's what funny about this. nothing is addressed about Trump's legal avoidance of taxes and bankruptcy claims which left thousands of workers and vendors without payment, but aw, "Hillary likes to make money making speeches! for shame!". And all this "queen" talk leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth. You never heard anyone talk about a male POTUS or candidate as "king". what's with the queen bullshit? I'm guessing it's a dig at her supporters that the perception is they are grovelling idiots who will bow down to her and believe everything she says. which is rubbish. almost all of them have already plainly stated that they'd only prefer her over Trump, because that's the choice they were given. no other reason.
    PRIVATE CITIZEN. duhhhhh

So Bill Clinton was expected to do what after leaving the White House? Never work again?
    So you think that people who work for government have no right to secondary incomes?
    Having his Secretary of State wife line up cash donors from Russian oligarchs to Moroccan Kings for PAY FOR PLAY services is wholey kosher. lmao

no, because of what he has said he WILL do if he wins. it will be an unmitigated disaster.
    Of course they will. So he will get nothing done at the same time as ruining global relations because of what he tries to get done. He will do immeasurable damage on the diplomatic stage. And thats saying something given americas track record in that area.

Ok.
    Without wanting a response of "As a Trump supporter or a (rightist)" what is this immeasurable damage he will do?
    Please don't respond with he build a wall.
  • Options

unsung said:

unsung said:

rssesq said:

PJ_Soul said:

rssesq said:

PJ_Soul said:

rssesq said:

PRIVATE CITIZEN. duhhhhh

Oh definitely, the US would not want their reputation damaged by a loudmouth, its much more effective damaging your reputation through war, bullying and meddling...
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• Options
    I don't know how many times this has to be stated: it is a fact, in my opinion, that you simply cannot get to the highest office in the land without backroom bullshit. I am shocked that nothing about Obama has come to light. Maybe he's the exception, maybe he's just that damn good. Either way both hillary and donald are not immune. If you think he is anti establishment, you are a fool. If you think he gives a shit about you, you are a fool. If you think he wont use the presidency as a springboard to make millions afterwards, you are a fool.

Either participate in the system or dont. But dont even try to put one candidate on a an anti corruption pedestal over the other. If you do, you are a fool.

It comes down, unfortunately, in this particular election, of who you think wont put the country into the ground financially, socially, progressively, and diplomatically.

To me, without question, that person is hillary. Trump has the bigger potential to be a trainwreck. He is a massive risk that i cant believe so many are comfortable taking. With hillary, you get more of the same. With trump, you dont have a sweet clue what you are getting.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

I don't know how many times this has to be stated: it is a fact, in my opinion, that you simply cannot get to the highest office in the land without backroom bullshit. I am shocked that nothing about Obama has come to light. Maybe he's the exception, maybe he's just that damn good. Either way both hillary and donald are not immune. If you think he is anti establishment, you are a fool. If you think he gives a shit about you, you are a fool. If you think he wont use the presidency as a springboard to make millions afterwards, you are a fool.

Either participate in the system or dont. But dont even try to put one candidate on a an anti corruption pedestal over the other. If you do, you are a fool.

It comes down, unfortunately, in this particular election, of who you think wont put the country into the ground financially, socially, progressively, and diplomatically.

To me, without question, that person is hillary. Trump has the bigger potential to be a trainwreck. He is a massive risk that i cant believe so many are comfortable taking. With hillary, you get more of the same. With trump, you dont have a sweet clue what you are getting.

That is a nice response.
    Perhaps the ever so slight majority is tired of the same.
    And what is sweet is that they kind of like what they may get.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

unsung said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

unsung said:

In turn begin anew.

lol
    I can't assume you will.
    Will you?
    Yet she committed no crimes. Amazing statement.
    Of course not, that would mean the lawmakers would have to reign themselves in.

Its the elite vs the non-elite.
  • Options

unsung said:

unsung said:

rssesq said:

PJ_Soul said:

rssesq said:

PJ_Soul said:

rssesq said:

PRIVATE CITIZEN. duhhhhh

I see similar results for clinton. She'd just destroy us domestically as well.
  • Options
    lukin2006 said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

rssesq said:

PJ_Soul said:

rssesq said:

PJ_Soul said:

rssesq said:

PRIVATE CITIZEN. duhhhhh

Oh definitely, the US would not want their reputation damaged by a loudmouth, its much more effective damaging your reputation through war, bullying and meddling...
    LOL, think the last 16 have been bad, well the world hasn't seen anything yet.
  • Options
    unsung said:

lukin2006 said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

rssesq said:

PJ_Soul said:

rssesq said:

PJ_Soul said:

rssesq said:

PRIVATE CITIZEN. duhhhhh

LOL, think the last 16 have been bad, well the world hasn't seen anything yet.
    Agree...

• Options

You really think POTUS is the highest office in the land? Is that why out of a country of 300 + million these are the best the US can do, no way sir, I seriously doubt the best and brightest enter politics...more like leeches who suck off the productivity of others.

• Options
    lukin2006 said:

You really think POTUS is the highest office in the land? Is that why out of a country of 300 + million these are the best the US can do, no way sir, I seriously doubt the best and brightest enter politics...more like leeches who suck off the productivity of others.
    It is very strange that a Canadian regard POTUS the highest office of the land from Canada.
  • Options
    lukin2006 said:

it is the highest office. i didn't say it was occupied by the highest. an eagle's nest full of rats.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

This discussion has been closed.