Hillary won more votes for President

Comments

• BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

Clinton +7 in today's Rasmussen poll. In a properly weighted poll, that's probably 9-10 points. In 2012 this poll had the worst ranking by Nate Silver, as being the most inaccurate due to its GOP electorate weighting.

I also found it curious that Trump sought to tie Clinton to Obama every chance he got. That's curious because Obama's approvals are in the high 50's right now. Seems counter-intuitive unless you are only trying to secure your 38% which he did nicely.

Most of his supporters are in the "bubble"...even though they are better off now then 8 years ago they still believe things are awful. I mean...muslims are trying to kill us right? We have bad trade deals.....yeah right
    Don't forget the queers might be sneaking into the bathroom at Target to check them out.
    Actually ISIS is sneaking into clubs to target "the queers". I think the public knows which issue is more serious.
    You must not have heard about North Carolina.
    Oh I have heard about it. Believe me. Believe me. The question is which does the country actually care about more. The democrats still seem to think it's the bathrooms. Fools.
    mrussel1 said:

tonifig8 said:

mrussel1 said:

Clinton +7 in today's Rasmussen poll. In a properly weighted poll, that's probably 9-10 points. In 2012 this poll had the worst ranking by Nate Silver, as being the most inaccurate due to its GOP electorate weighting.

I also found it curious that Trump sought to tie Clinton to Obama every chance he got. That's curious because Obama's approvals are in the high 50's right now. Seems counter-intuitive unless you are only trying to secure your 38% which he did nicely.

You're still with her, huh? You still don;t see anything wrong with your candidate? It's all fabricated conspiracies trying to bring her down?
    What have I learned in the last 2-7 days that was new? I see Trump as an stupid buffoon... a pig, an embarrassment to the Republic, a despicable human being. And what's worse, incoherent and dangerous on foreign policy where we do not have a good system of controls to restrain the POTUS.
    Agree. The same can be said for his opponent. Now the country must make a choice.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,309
    BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

Most of his supporters are in the "bubble"...even though they are better off now then 8 years ago they still believe things are awful. I mean...muslims are trying to kill us right? We have bad trade deals.....yeah right
    Don't forget the queers might be sneaking into the bathroom at Target to check them out.
    Actually ISIS is sneaking into clubs to target "the queers". I think the public knows which issue is more serious.
    Oh I have heard about it. Believe me. Believe me. The question is which does the country actually care about more. The democrats still seem to think it's the bathrooms. Fools.
    The GOP passed the law. They made it an issue.
    mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

In that state. Yes.
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    tonifig8 said:

mrussel1 said:

You're still with her, huh? You still don;t see anything wrong with your candidate? It's all fabricated conspiracies trying to bring her down?
    I believe in a previous post he said that he has personal economic interest in Hilliary becoming president.
    JC29856 said:

tonifig8 said:

mrussel1 said:

I believe in a previous post he said that he has personal economic interest in Hilliary becoming president.
    No I didn't. It would benefit me greatly if Republicans won national elections. Romney and McCain would have been good for my business. But I'm not a single issue voter.
    JC29856 said:

tonifig8 said:

mrussel1 said:

Nothing is worse for my business than the CFPB. But I voted Obama twice.
    mrussel1 said:

JC29856 said:

tonifig8 said:

mrussel1 said:

No I didn't. It would benefit me greatly if Republicans won national elections. Romney and McCain would have been good for my business. But I'm not a single issue voter.
    I'm pretty sure you did...you willing to donate some cash to a PJ charity if I quote your post?
  • Boxes&BooksBoxes&Books Posts: 2,672
    mrussel1 said:

tonifig8 said:

mrussel1 said:

What have I learned in the last 2-7 days that was new? I see Trump as an stupid buffoon... a pig, an embarrassment to the Republic, a despicable human being. And what's worse, incoherent and dangerous on foreign policy where we do not have a good system of controls to restrain the POTUS.
    What have we learned in the past 30yrs is a better approach. Let's think about this for 1 second, russ. You are one of the smartest guys around here and very well rounded. I would like an honest assessment.
    Clinton has demonstrated real unethical and cynical behavior - She has lied about some major shit. It appears that she has the support of the Media, DOJ, Wall Street, Establishment Politicians, The FBI, and Foreign leaders. If she has gone around in secret to promote her causes, which who knows what they truly are considering she has policy for wall street and policy for the rest of us, you are basically giving her the ultimate power to lead/influence all of these groups. There wont be a wikileaks next time around - these people (Clinton) wont be careless next time around - their discussions will be face to face on tarmacs and secret locations. Basically what I'm saying is that she will go unchecked, and if she's capable of destroying evidence and feeding those special interest- where does that leave the American people? At war with Russia? In jails? As a progressive how can you support all of this? Given the leaks and simply given the reality of all that has happened. There's a lot to swallow here- I'm not trying to come off as some kind of conspiracy nut, but if Trump is elected we can all rest knowing that all those powerful entities will be keeping him on check, including the American people. He wont get away with anything.

I'll be honest. I'm really considering voting for Trump. I fear our democracy will be stolen away from us and we won't even notice it. There have been to many major red flags for me. I consider myself a true progressive and I wont change that, but in my opinion she is a threat to our democracy and the future of my daughter. Election day will be a sad moment.
    JC29856 said:

mrussel1 said:

JC29856 said:

tonifig8 said:

mrussel1 said:

I'm pretty sure you did...you willing to donate some cash to a PJ charity if I quote your post?
    10 minutes...you reviewing or deleting your posts.
    tonifig8 said:

mrussel1 said:

tonifig8 said:

mrussel1 said:

What have we learned in the past 30yrs is a better approach. Let's think about this for 1 second, russ. You are one of the smartest guys around here and very well rounded. I would like an honest assessment.
    Clinton has demonstrated real unethical and cynical behavior - She has lied about some major shit. It appears that she has the support of the Media, DOJ, Wall Street, Establishment Politicians, The FBI, and Foreign leaders. If she has gone around in secret to promote her causes, which who knows what they truly are considering she has policy for wall street and policy for the rest of us, you are basically giving her the ultimate power to lead/influence all of these groups. There wont be a wikileaks next time around - these people (Clinton) wont be careless next time around - their discussions will be face to face on tarmacs and secret locations. Basically what I'm saying is that she will go unchecked, and if she's capable of destroying evidence and feeding those special interest- where does that leave the American people? At war with Russia? In jails? As a progressive how can you support all of this? Given the leaks and simply given the reality of all that has happened. There's a lot to swallow here- I'm not trying to come off as some kind of conspiracy nut, but if Trump is elected we can all rest knowing that all those powerful entities will be keeping him on check, including the American people. He wont get away with anything.

I'll be honest. I'm really considering voting for Trump. I fear our democracy will be stolen away from us and we won't even notice it. There have been to many major red flags for me. I consider myself a true progressive and I wont change that, but in my opinion she is a threat to our democracy and the future of my daughter. Election day will be a sad moment.
    I can appreciate your point but I don't think Clinton represents a grave danger to the US. Is she flawed? Yeah. Unethical? Maybe. Would I have preferred someone else? Sure.

There are not good controls on foreign policy in our system. There are domestically. Trump is a clear risk in my mind. Read Foreign Policy Magazine's endorsement and takedown of Trump. He disgusts me. Period.

You see warning signs with Clinton, but I see red flashing lights with DT....

Ukraine
    Syria
    Stop and Frisk
    Muslim bans
    Walls
    Deportations

You are ignoring his words and writing them off but inferring things with Clinton.
    mrussel1 said:

tonifig8 said:

mrussel1 said:

tonifig8 said:

mrussel1 said:

I can appreciate your point but I don't think Clinton represents a grave danger to the US. Is she flawed? Yeah. Unethical? Maybe. Would I have preferred someone else? Sure.

There are not good controls on foreign policy in our system. There are domestically. Trump is a clear risk in my mind. Read Foreign Policy Magazine's endorsement and takedown of Trump. He disgusts me. Period.

You see warning signs with Clinton, but I see red flashing lights with DT....

Ukraine
    Syria
    Stop and Frisk
    Muslim bans
    Walls
    Deportations

You are ignoring his words and writing them off but inferring things with Clinton.
    You're back...would go to a cause?
    JC29856 said:

mrussel1 said:

JC29856 said:

tonifig8 said:

mrussel1 said:

I'm already a heavy contributor to Given to Live, friends with Tom Pugh and spent time with Joshua and his family at Wrigley. I don't need to make any promises to you. If you want to go find it please do. But I've made no secret that I've worked in banking and finance for 20 years and am an executive at a financial services company today. Which party do you think helps me financially? I'm a political outcast in my peer group.
  • buck502000buck502000 Posts: 8,951
    No matter what happens in November, I fear we are moving closer and closer to a fully blown police state. I do not like it.
    mrussel1 said:

JC29856 said:

mrussel1 said:

JC29856 said:

tonifig8 said:

mrussel1 said:

I'm already a heavy contributor to Given to Live, friends with Tom Pugh and spent time with Joshua and his family at Wrigley. I don't need to make any promises to you. If you want to go find it please do. But I've made no secret that I've worked in banking and finance for 20 years and am an executive at a financial services company today. Which party do you think helps me financially? I'm a political outcast in my peer group.
    Distort and distract...you said you did not post that you have personal economic interest with Hilliary being president and I said I pretty sure you did.
    You have a bias, a personal economic bias. I'm saying those reading your posts should know that.
  • KatKat Posts: 4,831
    This thread isn't about mrussel1. Talk about the topic and not other members.

Falling down,...not staying down
    JC29856 said:

mrussel1 said:

JC29856 said:

mrussel1 said:

JC29856 said:

tonifig8 said:

mrussel1 said:

Distort and distract...you said you did not post that you have personal economic interest with Hilliary being president and I said I pretty sure you did.
    You have a bias, a personal economic bias. I'm saying those reading your posts should know that.
    Everyone has a bias. What's new there? Find the post.
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,565
    edited October 2016

brianlux said:

I know I'm being lazing here and not reading back several pages but why are we talking about Bill Clinton here? Other than of how he might influence this election or if Hillary wins how he might affect the presidency, why is Bill up on stage here?

And I wonder about this- other than in the technical, legal sense, are Hillary and Bill even a couple any more?

It could be that Trump has hit the truth.
    Kind of like Mohamed
    It resonates in ways you didn't think he could tingle.
    A) "Trump" and "truth" are both incongruous terms.
    b) Interesting answer but how is this related to what I asked?
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

brianlux said:

brianlux said:

I know I'm being lazing here and not reading back several pages but why are we talking about Bill Clinton here? Other than of how he might influence this election or if Hillary wins how he might affect the presidency, why is Bill up on stage here?

And I wonder about this- other than in the technical, legal sense, are Hillary and Bill even a couple any more?

Kind of like Mohamed
    You can't beat PJFan's answers. I love them. They always make you read it more than once
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,659
    edited October 2016
    mrussel1 said:

brianlux said:

brianlux said:

Kind of like Mohamed
    You can't beat PJFan's answers. I love them. They always make you read it more than once
    I just totally did that with her "no one gives trump a chance post" in the trump thread!!!
  • Boxes&BooksBoxes&Books Posts: 2,672
    edited October 2016
    edited October 2016
    Post removed by Admin. This thread is not about other members. Second warning.
    Post edited by Kat on
    edited October 2016
    Hilliary, publicly or privately for or against fracking? Epitome of two faced Hilliary, Abe Lincoln or Russia Putin

"I've promoted fracking around the world"

During the fight for the Democratic presidential nomination, Hillary Clinton cast herself as a skeptic of hydraulic fracturing -- the controversial process to extract natural gas. But newly released documents purporting to show excerpts of her paid speeches show that Clinton proudly touted her support for fracking, which environmental groups say can pollute groundwater and undermine the fight against climate change. The excerpts also show Clinton saying that some environmental organizations trying to restrict her work to promote fracking were front groups for Russian oligarchs.
    Post edited by JC29856 on
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,869
    edited October 2016

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

brianlux said:

This is only slightly about Bill anymore. Hillary now has to answer for her victim shaming. This is now about her actions. The Clinton campaign opened this can of worms. Trump has to anwer for his actions and Hillary has to answer for her's.

https://youtu.be/-C3pJ_97xlg
    You're incorrect here. Trump dropped his nuclear bomb. Done. But this is old news to everyone and has been litigated in the press 20 years ago. The tape is still the story of the day. Last night did not earn Trump one new vote.
    It wasn't litigated...it was swept under the rug as "bimbo eruptions". The rug has now been lifted and the times no longer allows victims to be ignored.
    No it wasn't swept under the rug.

Old fucking news.

Give Hillary credit for not taking the low road and reminding Donald of the rape case that was filed against him from the 13 year old. I have a hard time believing that it's legit but it's still a fact that it was filed.
    Ivana Trump also accused Trump of raping her. Apparently no one minds spousal rape though. Even when the rapist is actually running for the office of the presidency. They of care about someone who isn't.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • unsungunsung Posts: 9,487
    mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

Do you think it's an issue?
    unsung said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

It's now an issue for businesses in NC. All star game, ACC championship for football and basketball, lots of concerts, all pulled.
    mrussel1 said:

unsung said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

It's now an issue for businesses in NC. All star game, ACC championship for football and basketball, lots of concerts, all pulled.
    I guess the State should decide whether they would like to continue with the law or not.
    mrussel1 said:

unsung said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

Want to compromise?
    unsung said:

mrussel1 said:

unsung said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

Want to compromise?
    I'm not in the NC legislature so I can't help you.
    Just amongst us mortals...
This discussion has been closed.