Hillary won more votes for President

Comments

• JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    mrussel1 said:

JC29856 said:

mrussel1 said:

JC29856 said:

Hart research poll received $391k from priorities usa pac July thru Sept just happens to be the poll used by nbc wsj. This can't be. Clinton pacs giving money to pollsters? Any debunkers out there, I can't find much.
    Guy named Geoffrey Garin comes up.

You do know that campaigns and PACS hire their own polling companies, right? Look at the rest of their client lists which includes the DNSCC, governors, congressmen, special interest groups, etc. And they are a heavily Democratic polling company, with a few Republican sprinkled in. Priorities is even listed as a client on the marketing page. They aren't hiding it. No one does their own actual polling and analysis. That's what these companies do professionally. Geez. I'm not speaking to the weighting of the population and whether that is biased or not. I have no idea. But this connection alone is not nefarious.
    I'm not saying they are hiding it or why aren't they disclosing it I'm saying which is a different issue I'm saying...
    If it's common knowledge that the polls reported by major networks and news publications use polling companies that are on the payroll of pacs and super pacs, then yes I'm uncommon, ignorant and very naive.
    Someone should start a poll on here asking that very question, I'm curious to the responses.
    I'm sure no one has given it a thought. But think about it. You are in charge of media buys for a super pac and you want to know where to spend a million bucks on a tv buy for your specialty issue.... Obamacare. You need research to find out which swing state has the most undecided on this issue, or perhaps where this is a very important issue so you can drive turnout. You won't have your own internal poll team, that's too expensive and not your expertise. You would hire a company to do it. And you would hire a company that specializes in political research. This is exactly what Kellyanne Conway's company does too, except it specializes in GOP issues.
    Yeah I agree but I'm not taking about specialty issues, I'm not talking about political research, I'm taking about presidential polling numbers that major networks and news publications share with "viewers" for public interest. I'd be very surprised if most thought believed presidential polling numbers used by major networks and news publications were not done by independent pollsters.
    Weren't most on here surprised to learn that polls only have to sample 500 respondents? which I thought was common knowledge.
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,942
    JC29856 said:

mrussel1 said:

JC29856 said:

mrussel1 said:

JC29856 said:

Hart research poll received $391k from priorities usa pac July thru Sept just happens to be the poll used by nbc wsj. This can't be. Clinton pacs giving money to pollsters? Any debunkers out there, I can't find much.

You do know that campaigns and PACS hire their own polling companies, right? Look at the rest of their client lists which includes the DNSCC, governors, congressmen, special interest groups, etc. And they are a heavily Democratic polling company, with a few Republican sprinkled in. Priorities is even listed as a client on the marketing page. They aren't hiding it. No one does their own actual polling and analysis. That's what these companies do professionally. Geez. I'm not speaking to the weighting of the population and whether that is biased or not. I have no idea. But this connection alone is not nefarious.
    I'm not saying they are hiding it or why aren't they disclosing it I'm saying which is a different issue I'm saying...
    If it's common knowledge that the polls reported by major networks and news publications use polling companies that are on the payroll of pacs and super pacs, then yes I'm uncommon, ignorant and very naive.
    Someone should start a poll on here asking that very question, I'm curious to the responses.
    I'm sure no one has given it a thought. But think about it. You are in charge of media buys for a super pac and you want to know where to spend a million bucks on a tv buy for your specialty issue.... Obamacare. You need research to find out which swing state has the most undecided on this issue, or perhaps where this is a very important issue so you can drive turnout. You won't have your own internal poll team, that's too expensive and not your expertise. You would hire a company to do it. And you would hire a company that specializes in political research. This is exactly what Kellyanne Conway's company does too, except it specializes in GOP issues.
    Yeah I agree but I'm not taking about specialty issues, I'm not talking about political research, I'm taking about presidential polling numbers that major networks and news publications share with "viewers" for public interest. I'd be very surprised if most thought believed presidential polling numbers used by major networks and news publications were not done by independent pollsters.
    Weren't most on here surprised to learn that polls only have to sample 500 respondents? which I thought was common knowledge.
    What's the significance of the 500 respondents to you?
  • BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    rgambs said:

tonifig8 said:

PJ_Soul said:

I assume Hillary doesn't believe Bill's accuser at all... If that is the case I am not really sure what to think of the repeated reference to something Bill Clinton did (something that hasn't been proven any more than Trump's child rape accusation has been), as though it has some bearing on what Donald Trump said. Is it supposed to change how we feel about Trump's misogyny or what? And why are Bill's issues being brought up so much anyhow? If Hillary were accused of rape that would be a lot more relevant (but still wouldn't negate what Trump is like at all). Even if there were any reason to think that that Hillary knew that Bill raped a woman and doesn't care, that would hold some water. But there is no evidence of that. So I am not really sure how the story is supposed to reflect badly on Hillary Clinton unless someone has proof that she has proof that Bill raped someone and that Hillary doesn't mind.

Let's be real. Even if the proof, shit a video of him rapping, you guys would still come out with some excuse. Just as its been the case all along.
    You are off the reservation here...your hatred of Clinton seems to be eroding your ability to think rationally.
    "Off the reservation" is considered by most to be a racist phrase. Let's call a "spade a spade" here.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,309
    JC29856 said:

mrussel1 said:

JC29856 said:

mrussel1 said:

JC29856 said:

But the same companies do both. It's the same skill set.
    And what does independent mean to you? They don't just have one client. You wouldn't be in business very long. These companies don't ramp up every four years and then shut down.
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,659
    mrussel1 said:

JC29856 said:

mrussel1 said:

JC29856 said:

mrussel1 said:

JC29856 said:

And what does independent mean to you? They don't just have one client. You wouldn't be in business very long. These companies don't ramp up every four years and then shut down.
    You seriously need to stop coming on here posting facts and making sense.

JC29856 said:

mrussel1 said:

JC29856 said:

mrussel1 said:

JC29856 said:

No significance to me, some on here were surprised to learn that the polling data often only includes 400 or 500 respondents. I was making reference and comparing it to pacs and super pacs paying a polling company $391k in 3 months for their polling numbers and those numbers being used by nbc and wsj.
    mrussel1 said:

JC29856 said:

mrussel1 said:

JC29856 said:

mrussel1 said:

JC29856 said:

More extremism and exaggeration

Independent: not supported by a political party not influenced or affected by others in appearance or in fact.

Distort and distract

I'm not discussing the polling business and their clients, I'm saying it's surprising to me that the polling data that nbc wsj use come from polling companys that are paid hundreds of thoudands of dollars from pacs and super pacs.
    Polling and research companies can have only pacs and super pacs as their clients, it it doesn't mean nbc and wsj have to use them.
    JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

mrussel1 said:

JC29856 said:

mrussel1 said:

JC29856 said:

No significance to me, some on here were surprised to learn that the polling data often only includes 400 or 500 respondents. I was making reference and comparing it to pacs and super pacs paying a polling company $391k in 3 months for their polling numbers and those numbers being used by nbc and wsj.
    I can't say what people here do and do not know, but a 500 person sample is pretty damn good. 1k is overkill and I wouldn't pay for it myself. I still don't think there is anything nefarious about the fact that Priorities hires this firm for research and polling. I think it's over stated to call it "on the payroll". It's B2B work. Anyway, I have no idea if Priorities corrupts the polling. I'm saying this relationship is not evidence of it.
    mrussel1 said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

mrussel1 said:

JC29856 said:

mrussel1 said:

JC29856 said:

I can't say what people here do and do not know, but a 500 person sample is pretty damn good. 1k is overkill and I wouldn't pay for it myself. I still don't think there is anything nefarious about the fact that Priorities hires this firm for research and polling. I think it's over stated to call it "on the payroll". It's B2B work. Anyway, I have no idea if Priorities corrupts the polling. I'm saying this relationship is not evidence of it.
    Distort and distract

The issue isn't that priorities hired the Polling firm, the issue is that nbc and wsj use the polling firm that is paid hundreds of thousands of dollars from a pac

I never said the polling firm is corrupted or influenced by priorities, I said I was surprised to know that nbc and wsj use a polling firm that accepts hundreds of thousand of dollars from pacs and super pac.
    I repeat..you learn something new everyday.
    JC29856 said:

mrussel1 said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

mrussel1 said:

JC29856 said:

mrussel1 said:

JC29856 said:

Distort and distract

The issue isn't that priorities hired the Polling firm, the issue is that nbc and wsj use the polling firm that is paid hundreds of thousands of dollars from a pac

I never said the polling firm is corrupted or influenced by priorities, I said I was surprised to know that nbc and wsj use a polling firm that accepts hundreds of thousand of dollars from pacs and super pac.
    Why do you have to turn a fine discussion into something negative? How am I distorting and distracting by explaining my perspective and understanding?
    mrussel1 said:

JC29856 said:

mrussel1 said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

mrussel1 said:

JC29856 said:

mrussel1 said:

JC29856 said:

Distort and distract

Why do you have to turn a fine discussion into something negative? How am I distorting and distracting by explaining my perspective and understanding?
    This never was at issue:
    I still don't think there is anything nefarious about the fact that Priorities hires this firm for research and polling.
    JC29856 said:

mrussel1 said:

JC29856 said:

mrussel1 said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

mrussel1 said:

JC29856 said:

mrussel1 said:

JC29856 said:

Distort and distract

This never was at issue:
    I still don't think there is anything nefarious about the fact that Priorities hires this firm for research and polling.
    Your initial post, while not directly accusatory, certainly implied it.
    JC29856 said:

Again surprised to learn that polling data used by nbc and wsj came from polling firm that was paid $391k from Clinton pac.
    JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

Again surprised to learn that polling data used by nbc and wsj came from polling firm that was paid $391k from Clinton pac.
    Okay great. Can we agree that on the surface, there is nothing unusual or irrational about this type of activity? While you may just have been bringing it up as an FYI, there are two members that may be reading it differently.
    I've said Hilliary will be the democratic nominee, I've said Hilliary will be POTUS, and I'm now saying Tim Kaine will be POTUS shortly thereafter.

Republicans are reading these email leaks and salivating at the prospect of impeaching another Clinton.
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,942
    JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

Aren't you suggesting that there would be a bias though? Or just surprised?

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

Not that there would be but there could be, that's why it's important to not only be imperial in fact but also in appearance.
    Did you think/know the polls used by nbc wsj came from firms taking huge sums $ from political pacs?
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

Not that there would be but there could be, that's why it's important to not only be imperial in fact but also in appearance.
    Did you think/know the polls used by nbc wsj came from firms taking huge sums $ from political pacs?
    I assumed so, and it goes the same way from the other side.
    Nothing new, no revelation.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    rgambs said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

I've seen this from the other side written before, what's that mean, from the other side?
    edited October 2016
    JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

You are treating it as if it's funding or a donation. You are using the word "taking" which is different than a contractual relationship based on work performed or delivered. A better question might be... Does it surprise you that a Clinton Super Pac is using the same polling firm as the WSJ/NBC? My answer would be no. I assume they use some polling firm to target their ad buys.

It would be the height of fiduciary irresponsibility to just pour money into TV markets with no empirical data to support your investment.
    JC29856 said:

rgambs said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

I've seen this from the other side written before, what's that mean, from the other side?
    The Republicans, obviously.
    rgambs said:

JC29856 said:

rgambs said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

Which republican pac funds polling firms that are used by either nbc wash post polls and nbc news polls?
    JC29856 said:

rgambs said:

JC29856 said:

rgambs said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

Which republican pac funds polling firms that are used by either nbc wash post polls and nbc news polls?
    Distract and distort?

I'm not playing your game and answering any more of your deliberately obtuse questions. You know what I am saying, and you are playing dumb on a number of points. I'm not playing.

You know exactly what insinuations you are making and to deny that shows that you are trolling mrussel.
    JC29856 said:

rgambs said:

JC29856 said:

rgambs said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

Give me a break. What a narrow question. This polling firm has a heavily left client base. Duh. Look at the clients.

Do you think that 'independent' polling companies spring up every four years like a Halloween store and then shut down until the next campaign? Fine, ignore the poll. Pretend that Trump is winning. Knock yourself out. FYI, The Atlantic/RRI poll out this morning also has her up 11.
    rgambs said:

JC29856 said:

rgambs said:

JC29856 said:

rgambs said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

Distract and distort?

I'm not playing your game and answering any more of your deliberately obtuse questions. You know what I am saying, and you are playing dumb on a number of points. I'm not playing.

You know exactly what insinuations you are making and to deny that shows that you are trolling mrussel.
    Okay...you made a statement, I asked a question. We will leave it at that.
    mrussel1 said:

JC29856 said:

rgambs said:

JC29856 said:

rgambs said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

Give me a break. What a narrow question. This polling firm has a heavily left client base. Duh. Look at the clients.

Do you think that 'independent' polling companies spring up every four years like a Halloween store and then shut down until the next campaign? Fine, ignore the poll. Pretend that Trump is winning. Knock yourself out. FYI, The Atlantic/RRI poll out this morning also has her up 11.
    I didn't think it was such a bad question.

As to your other distortions and distractions, I've already said Trump is a bafoon and a pig and that Hilliary will be next president.
    JC29856 said:

mrussel1 said:

JC29856 said:

rgambs said:

JC29856 said:

rgambs said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

As to your other distortions and distractions, I've already said Trump is a bafoon and a pig and that Hilliary will be next president.
    Facts and information is what you define as distortions and distractions. I'm sorry that I won't play into strawmen, false hypotheticals and equivalencies, etc. Your question was basically are there any GOP Super pacs this same polling firm. The answer is, how the fuck do I know their entire client base? I can only see what's on their website. There are some GOP elected officials on there, but for advocacy, it's generally D's.
    mrussel1 said:

JC29856 said:

mrussel1 said:

JC29856 said:

rgambs said:

JC29856 said:

rgambs said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

Facts and information is what you define as distortions and distractions. I'm sorry that I won't play into strawmen, false hypotheticals and equivalencies, etc. Your question was basically are there any GOP Super pacs this same polling firm. The answer is, how the fuck do I know their entire client base? I can only see what's on their website. There are some GOP elected officials on there, but for advocacy, it's generally D's.
    My question wasn't basically it was simply:
    Which republican pac funds polling firms that are used by either nbc wash post polls and nbc news polls? I meant to type cbs not nbc.
    I never asked:about anyone's entire client base.
    Total misunderstanding...we can move on.
  • Boxes&BooksBoxes&Books Posts: 2,672
    JC29856 said:

mrussel1 said:

JC29856 said:

mrussel1 said:

JC29856 said:

rgambs said:

JC29856 said:

rgambs said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

My question wasn't basically it was simply:
    Which republican pac funds polling firms that are used by either nbc wash post polls and nbc news polls? I meant to type cbs not nbc.
    I never asked:about anyone's entire client base.
    Total misunderstanding...we can move on.
    I wonder why some of the clintonites (so-called progressives) can't stand up against wrong doing. I wonder why they can't be critical of Clinton as they are with those who challenge her. I'm certain that if the shoe was on the other foot they'd be coming up with some magnificent attacks towards this wrongful behavior that Clinton has demonstrated.
    I'm really starting to wonder if some folks around here are employed by Clinton pACS because some of this evidence is exactly the crap they've been fighting against (as progressives). Now they seem to have an excuse and justification for those actions
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,831
    It is because the ends justify the means. Dems are pro-woman until a woman accuses a Dem president of assault. Then that woman is a dirty liar. Nothing to be surprised about.
This discussion has been closed.