Hillary won more votes for President

Comments

• Free said:

The thinner the crust, the better.

Our first agreement, I believe.

Damn good.
    That's boxed pizza garbage just like Trump , we here on Long Island eat pizza from pizzeria shops !!
    Wow.
    Rad liberals can't even agree that a good tasting pizza to a supposed Trump supporter is a good tasting pizza.
    Just wow.
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    brianlux said:

I know I'm being lazing here and not reading back several pages but why are we talking about Bill Clinton here? Other than of how he might influence this election or if Hillary wins how he might affect the presidency, why is Bill up on stage here?

And I wonder about this- other than in the technical, legal sense, are Hillary and Bill even a couple any more?

Ignoring his disasterous policies and sexual assaults / harassment, most people think the reason why Hilliary slut shamed, victim blamed Arkansas Bill's "infidelity" victims as an enabler was so she could ride his coattails to pursue her own political career while enhancing / building the Clinton Empire in order to advance women's issues.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,125

Free said:

Damn good.
    That's boxed pizza garbage just like Trump , we here on Long Island eat pizza from pizzeria shops !!
    Wow.
    Rad liberals can't even agree that a good tasting pizza to a supposed Trump supporter is a good tasting pizza.
    Just wow.
    Boxed pizza is garbage maybe where you live it's common to eat boxed pizza but here in NY we don't eat that crap , like they say you are what you eat ...you're full of garbage try a pizzeria next time
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • brianlux said:

I know I'm being lazing here and not reading back several pages but why are we talking about Bill Clinton here? Other than of how he might influence this election or if Hillary wins how he might affect the presidency, why is Bill up on stage here?

And I wonder about this- other than in the technical, legal sense, are Hillary and Bill even a couple any more?

It could be that Trump has hit the truth.
    Kind of like Mohamed
    It resonates in ways you didn't think he could tingle.
  • Free said:

Damn good.
    Wow.
    Just wow.
    Boxed pizza is garbage maybe where you live it's common to eat boxed pizza but here in NY we don't eat that crap , like they say you are what you eat ...you're full of garbage try a pizzeria next time
    There is enough empty pizza boxes up here to build a wall for free!
    Hillary super pac man David Brock

The author of a best-selling book that attacked the credibility of Anita F. Hill has disavowed its premise, and now says that he lied in print to protect the reputation of Justice Clarence Thomas.

David Brock, the author of the book, ''The Real Anita Hill'' (Free Press, 1993), has also suggested, in a magazine article to be published this week, that Justice Thomas used an intermediary to provide Mr. Brock with damaging information about a woman who had come forward to provide support for Ms. Hill's accusations of harassment by Justice Thomas. Ms. Hill's accusations became the focus of Senate hearings into Justice Thomas's nomination to the Supreme Court in 1991.

Mr. Brock reported that he then used the information to force the woman to retract her statements about Justice Thomas. The article, in the August issue of Talk magazine, is excerpted from Mr. Brock's new book, ''Blinded by the Right: The Conscience of an Ex Conservative'' (Crown Publishers), which is scheduled to be published in September.

Describing an article he wrote for The American Spectator, a conservative magazine, in 1992, which became the basis for his book on Ms. Hill, he said he did everything he could to ''ruin Hill's credibility,'' using ''virtually every derogatory and often contradictory allegation I had collected on Hill into the vituperative mix.''
  • FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    edited October 2016

Free said:

Damn good.
    Wow.
    Just wow.
    I agree that boxed PIZza is the worst, but this flatbread frozen tastes just like it does at the restaurant!

Post edited by Free on
  • what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    JC29856 said:

As these internal documents demonstrate, a central component of the Clinton campaign strategy is ensuring that journalists they believe favorable to Clinton are tasked to report the stories which the campaign wants circulated.

https://theintercept.com/2016/10/09/exclusive-new-email-leak-reveals-clinton-campaigns-cozy-press-relationship/

The concluding paragraph of the article:

"All presidential campaigns have their favorite reporters, try to plant stories they want published, and attempt in multiple ways to curry favor with journalists. These tactics are certainly not unique to the Clinton campaign (liberals were furious in 2008 when journalists went to John McCain’s Arizona ranch for an off-the-record BBQ). But these rituals and dynamics between political campaigns and the journalists who cover them are typically carried out in the dark, despite how significant they can be. These documents provide a valuable glimpse into that process."

Please, people, stop being so damned naïve. You are all being played. Every single one of you. No matter whom you are voting for or whom you are supporting from your perch in Canada, you are being played.

Do some research on "the politics of personal destruction." We are where we are today because of a calculated effort on the part of Newt Gingrich in the late 80's-early 90's to make this their central strategy to push the country to the right. As the leader of GOPAC in the 90's, Gingrich began a series of training courses, one of which instructed emerging Republican leaders on "Language: A Key Mechanism of Control".

And thus, here we are in 2016. Call someone a liar over and over, a cheat, corrupt -- Doesn't matter if any of it is true, just say it and the research proves it works to win voters.

I can't even begin to untangle the truth anymore, quite honestly. We have people in this thread asking me to believe things, both left and right -- they tell me I have to believe all of it or none of it. There is no room for nuance anymore with anybody. So I just choose to ignore it

I'm so sad for my country. I don't care who won or lost the debate last night. I'm just sad this morning. But I do know what my lesson plans will be in my English class this week, that's for sure. "Language: A Key Mechanism of Control." Thanks, Newt.
  • BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    brianlux said:

This is only slightly about Bill anymore. Hillary now has to answer for her victim shaming. This is now about her actions. The Clinton campaign opened this can of worms. Trump has to anwer for his actions and Hillary has to answer for her's.

https://youtu.be/-C3pJ_97xlg
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,309
    BS44325 said:

brianlux said:

This is only slightly about Bill anymore. Hillary now has to answer for her victim shaming. This is now about her actions. The Clinton campaign opened this can of worms. Trump has to anwer for his actions and Hillary has to answer for her's.

You're incorrect here. Trump dropped his nuclear bomb. Done. But this is old news to everyone and has been litigated in the press 20 years ago. The tape is still the story of the day. Last night did not earn Trump one new vote.
    mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

brianlux said:

You're incorrect here. Trump dropped his nuclear bomb. Done. But this is old news to everyone and has been litigated in the press 20 years ago. The tape is still the story of the day. Last night did not earn Trump one new vote.
    It wasn't litigated...it was swept under the rug as "bimbo eruptions". The rug has now been lifted and the times no longer allows victims to be ignored.
    mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

brianlux said:

I didn't know rape and rape victims had a limitations statute or an expiration date.
    Imagine a rape counselor telling the victim, your rape happened 20 years ago, it's old news, move on.
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,659
    edited October 2016
    I much prefer neapolitan style from a properly certified neapolitan pizzeria using locally sourced organic ingredients.

No boxes
    No frozen
    No deep dish
    No fruit
    No nuts
    No leaves (except basil of course)
    No berries
    No twigs

Just pizza
    Post edited by Bentleyspop on
    BS44325 said:

brianlux said:

Bigly
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,831
    If this was a storyline on Law and Order: SVU you would all be rooting for the victims to bring down the politicians who think they are above everyone. But, since it is Bill and Hillary Clinton, you all discredit the victims.
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,397
    BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

brianlux said:

It wasn't litigated...it was swept under the rug as "bimbo eruptions". The rug has now been lifted and the times no longer allows victims to be ignored.
    No it wasn't swept under the rug.

Old fucking news.

Give Hillary credit for not taking the low road and reminding Donald of the rape case that was filed against him from the 13 year old. I have a hard time believing that it's legit but it's still a fact that it was filed.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

brianlux said:

No it wasn't swept under the rug.

Old fucking news.

Give Hillary credit for not taking the low road and reminding Donald of the rape case that was filed against him from the 13 year old. I have a hard time believing that it's legit but it's still a fact that it was filed.
    Arkansas Bill and Trump like the young ones, they along with Epstein, a convict statutory rapist, flew Lolita Airlines on a few occasions. I wouldn't be surprised if the allegation is true.

I didn't know rape and rape victims had a limitations statute or an expiration date.
    Imagine a rape counselor telling the victim, your rape happened 20 years ago, it's old news, move on.
    BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

brianlux said:

If you think this is going to be the narrative of the coming weeks, I think you are absolutely incorrect. It will still be focused on Trump and his words that are on tape. The fact they are on tape is super powerful. Plus, we all know that there is more coming.
    Clinton +7 in today's Rasmussen poll. In a properly weighted poll, that's probably 9-10 points. In 2012 this poll had the worst ranking by Nate Silver, as being the most inaccurate due to its GOP electorate weighting.

I also found it curious that Trump sought to tie Clinton to Obama every chance he got. That's curious because Obama's approvals are in the high 50's right now. Seems counter-intuitive unless you are only trying to secure your 38% which he did nicely.
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,397
    mrussel1 said:

Clinton +7 in today's Rasmussen poll. In a properly weighted poll, that's probably 9-10 points. In 2012 this poll had the worst ranking by Nate Silver, as being the most inaccurate due to its GOP electorate weighting.

I also found it curious that Trump sought to tie Clinton to Obama every chance he got. That's curious because Obama's approvals are in the high 50's right now. Seems counter-intuitive unless you are only trying to secure your 38% which he did nicely.

Most of his supporters are in the "bubble"...even though they are better off now then 8 years ago they still believe things are awful. I mean...muslims are trying to kill us right? We have bad trade deals.....yeah right
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana

mrussel1 said:

Most of his supporters are in the "bubble"...even though they are better off now then 8 years ago they still believe things are awful. I mean...muslims are trying to kill us right? We have bad trade deals.....yeah right
    Don't forget the queers might be sneaking into the bathroom at Target to check them out.
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,659

mrussel1 said:

And this old but goody....

That Muslim Obama is going to send the U.N. troops to take our guns
    mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

Don't forget the queers might be sneaking into the bathroom at Target to check them out.
    Actually ISIS is sneaking into clubs to target "the queers". I think the public knows which issue is more serious.
  • CM189191CM189191 Posts: 6,927
    edited October 2016
    JC29856 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

brianlux said:

There's not in New York, where Trump raped a 13 year old. Too bad the hearing isn't scheduled until 12/16. Hopefully they are able to move the date up.
  • Boxes&BooksBoxes&Books Posts: 2,672
    mrussel1 said:

You're still with her, huh? You still don;t see anything wrong with your candidate? It's all fabricated conspiracies trying to bring her down?
    BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

Actually ISIS is sneaking into clubs to target "the queers". I think the public knows which issue is more serious.
    You must not have heard about North Carolina.
    edited October 2016
    tonifig8 said:

mrussel1 said:

You're still with her, huh? You still don;t see anything wrong with your candidate? It's all fabricated conspiracies trying to bring her down?
    What have I learned in the last 2-7 days that was new? I see Trump as an stupid buffoon... a pig, an embarrassment to the Republic, a despicable human being. And what's worse, incoherent and dangerous on foreign policy where we do not have a good system of controls to restrain the POTUS.
    Post edited by mrussel1 on
  • unsungunsung Posts: 9,487

JC29856 said:

Hilliary is sympathetic to Muslims

Cool. All humans should be.
    We can be sympathetic without importing them. I prefer we quit bombing their own countries.
    mcgruff10 said:

The flag pin shit is absurd in this thread as well.

No it s not. She s running for president of the United state of America. All of a sudden we can't represent america? Maybe she should wear a un pin instead?
    I'm surprised it isn't a Soros corporate logo, or GS.

unsung said:

I dont want Bill Clinton, or his wife, in the WH.

You just don't want a white house at all.
    Why does it have to be white, check your privilege.
This discussion has been closed.