mrussel1 said:

JC29856 said:

rgambs said:

JC29856 said:

rgambs said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

Hart research poll received $391k from priorities usa pac July thru Sept just happens to be the poll used by nbc wsj. This can't be. Clinton pacs giving money to pollsters? Any debunkers out there, I can't find much.
    Guy named Geoffrey Garin comes up.

Again surprised to learn that polling data used by nbc and wsj came from polling firm that was paid $391k from Clinton pac.
    Aren't you suggesting that there would be a bias though? Or just surprised?
    Not that there would be but there could be, that's why it's important to not only be imperial in fact but also in appearance.
    Did you think/know the polls used by nbc wsj came from firms taking huge sums $ from political pacs?
    I assumed so, and it goes the same way from the other side.
    Nothing new, no revelation.
    I've seen this from the other side written before, what's that mean, from the other side?
    The Republicans, obviously.
    Which republican pac funds polling firms that are used by either nbc wash post polls and nbc news polls?
    Give me a break. What a narrow question. This polling firm has a heavily left client base. Duh. Look at the clients.

Do you think that 'independent' polling companies spring up every four years like a Halloween store and then shut down until the next campaign? Fine, ignore the poll. Pretend that Trump is winning. Knock yourself out. FYI, The Atlantic/RRI poll out this morning also has her up 11.
    I didn't think it was such a bad question.

As to your other distortions and distractions, I've already said Trump is a bafoon and a pig and that Hilliary will be next president.
    Facts and information is what you define as distortions and distractions. I'm sorry that I won't play into strawmen, false hypotheticals and equivalencies, etc. Your question was basically are there any GOP Super pacs this same polling firm. The answer is, how the fuck do I know their entire client base? I can only see what's on their website. There are some GOP elected officials on there, but for advocacy, it's generally D's.
    My question wasn't basically it was simply:
    Which republican pac funds polling firms that are used by either nbc wash post polls and nbc news polls? I meant to type cbs not nbc.
    I never asked:about anyone's entire client base.
    Total misunderstanding...we can move on.
    I wonder why some of the clintonites (so-called progressives) can't stand up against wrong doing. I wonder why they can't be critical of Clinton as they are with those who challenge her. I'm certain that if the shoe was on the other foot they'd be coming up with some magnificent attacks towards this wrongful behavior that Clinton has demonstrated.
    I'm really starting to wonder if some folks around here are employed by Clinton pACS because some of this evidence is exactly the crap they've been fighting against (as progressives). Now they seem to have an excuse and justification for those actions
    If this comment is in regards to the SuperPac and the polling company, then it's just a fundamental misunderstanding of B2B work and why you hire experts to do work that you cannot do.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,831
    PJ_Soul said:

Hillary and Bill are a team. Whatever Bill did she was fine with it.

Really? How do you know that? Source? I honestly have no idea what her real feelings are about Bill, what the deal is with their relationship, or what she thinks he did or didn't do. And frankly, I don't really care. I don't feel like it has an impact on her ability (or lackthereof) to be POTUS. Now of evidence came along telling us that she actively supported him raping someone or actively knows about it and doesn't care, that would be meaningful. But I have seen no evidence of that. Have you?
    Well, I choose to believe the woman that accused Bill of assault, including the one Bill paid off in a settlement. I believe the victims' accounts that Hillary pressured them to not say anything. When Bill is caught having sex with an intern it isn't unrealistic to believe all the other stories. Hillary decided it was okay to stay with Bill and have her daughter continue to live in the same house (White House) where her dad was banging interns a few rooms away. If that doesn't say something about her character than I don't know what else to tell you. It is a political marriage. Ends justify the means.
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617

PJ_Soul said:

Really? How do you know that? Source? I honestly have no idea what her real feelings are about Bill, what the deal is with their relationship, or what she thinks he did or didn't do. And frankly, I don't really care. I don't feel like it has an impact on her ability (or lackthereof) to be POTUS. Now of evidence came along telling us that she actively supported him raping someone or actively knows about it and doesn't care, that would be meaningful. But I have seen no evidence of that. Have you?
    Well, I choose to believe the woman that accused Bill of assault, including the one Bill paid off in a settlement. I believe the victims' accounts that Hillary pressured them to not say anything. When Bill is caught having sex with an intern it isn't unrealistic to believe all the other stories. Hillary decided it was okay to stay with Bill and have her daughter continue to live in the same house (White House) where her dad was banging interns a few rooms away. If that doesn't say something about her character than I don't know what else to tell you. It is a political marriage. Ends justify the means.
    Does Clinton's stealing $37k worth of white house furniture and wall decor speak to character? They actually stole more then returned most later.

http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2015/oct/01/viral-image/viral-image-wrongly-accuses-clinton-stealing/
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,309
    JC29856 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Does Clinton's stealing $37k worth of white house furniture and wall decor speak to character? They actually stole more then returned most later.

http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2015/oct/01/viral-image/viral-image-wrongly-accuses-clinton-stealing/
    Reading this whole thing, looks like there was no mal-intent at all. Funny that you use the verb 'stole' while Politifact specifically repudiated the use of that word.
    mrussel1 said:

JC29856 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Reading this whole thing, looks like there was no mal-intent at all. Funny that you use the verb 'stole' while Politifact specifically repudiated the use of that word.
    Your doing it again!
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,477
    JC29856 said:

mrussel1 said:

JC29856 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Your doing it again!
    no he's not. I read the article too, and was surprised at your mini-summary before the link. it wasn't accurate at all.
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

edited October 2016
    JC29856 said:

mrussel1 said:

JC29856 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Your doing it again!
    No, actually you are doing it. You levy accusations and either don't read or totally ignore all of the context, details, repudiations and facts that are part of the case. You come to the most simple conclusions. Politifact rated the entire thing as mostly false. The one piece you pull out, the Clintons returned after the donor said it was for the WH, not for them.

What you call 'distract and distort', anyone else would call "counter-arguments" that deal with the facts of the case, as we have in front of them. Sorry I don't just fucking accept your conclusions.
    Post edited by mrussel1 on
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,659

JC29856 said:

mrussel1 said:

JC29856 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Your doing it again!
    no he's not. I read the article too, and was surprised at your mini-summary before the link. it wasn't accurate at all.
    That's the way this stuff works.
    You see the link, click on it, read the article, and understand what it is saying and meaning.

The opposing side sees the link, clicks on it, reads the article, and understands that kittens are soft and cuddly.
    edited October 2016

JC29856 said:

mrussel1 said:

JC29856 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Your doing it again!
    Question wasn't posed to him?

So your saying Clinton's didn't leave with stuff that weren't theirs? Okay I'll correct it...Clinton's borrowed some stuff from the white house, some they returned some they are still b borrowing.
    JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

mrussel1 said:

JC29856 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Your doing it again!

So your saying Clinton's didn't leave with stuff that weren't theirs? Okay I'll correct it...Clinton's borrowed some stuff from the white house, some they returned some they are still b borrowing.
    If you want a personal Q&A or to quiz people, send them a PM.
    mrussel1 said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

mrussel1 said:

JC29856 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Your doing it again!

How about if I wanted your input I'll ask with your quoted text, as I have done in the past.
    JC29856 said:

mrussel1 said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

mrussel1 said:

JC29856 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Your doing it again!

How about if I wanted your input I'll ask with your quoted text, as I have done in the past.
    Sorry brother. I'll type when I want to type, to whatever quote I choose. Sorry about that.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,869

CM189191 said:

JC29856 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

brianlux said:

I know I'm being lazing here and not reading back several pages but why are we talking about Bill Clinton here? Other than of how he might influence this election or if Hillary wins how he might affect the presidency, why is Bill up on stage here?

And I wonder about this- other than in the technical, legal sense, are Hillary and Bill even a couple any more?

This is only slightly about Bill anymore. Hillary now has to answer for her victim shaming. This is now about her actions. The Clinton campaign opened this can of worms. Trump has to anwer for his actions and Hillary has to answer for her's.

https://youtu.be/-C3pJ_97xlg
    You're incorrect here. Trump dropped his nuclear bomb. Done. But this is old news to everyone and has been litigated in the press 20 years ago. The tape is still the story of the day. Last night did not earn Trump one new vote.
    I didn't know rape and rape victims had a limitations statute or an expiration date.
    Imagine a rape counselor telling the victim, your rape happened 20 years ago, it's old news, move on.
    There's not in New York, where Trump raped a 13 year old. Too bad the hearing isn't scheduled until 12/16. Hopefully they are able to move the date up.
    It's a civil suit, which I belive doen't have a statute of limitations. Criminal charges have a limit in most states.
    I believe the only reason it is a civil suit is because the statute of limitations expired. If it hadn't, I think she would have tried for criminal charges.
    FWIW, I don't think that child abuse should have a statute of limitations at all.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,563
    "Stole" maybe is a bit of hyperbole. But what bothers me is that if someone stayed in my house and took a bunch of stuff with them when they left, even if they brought the stuff back I would be highly suspect of their character. Wouldn't any of you?
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

mrussel1 said:

JC29856 said:

mrussel1 said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

mrussel1 said:

JC29856 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Your doing it again!

Sorry brother. I'll type when I want to type, to whatever quote I choose. Sorry about that.
    The mod said yesterday it's not supposed to be about you. I'm treading lightly.
    - dynamic mod friendly
    edited October 2016
    brianlux said:

"Stole" maybe is a bit of hyperbole. But what bothers me is that if someone stayed in my house and took a bunch of stuff with them when they left, even if they brought the stuff back I would be highly suspect of their character. Wouldn't any of you?

I took back stole, after further consideration I changed to borrowed. Obviously I think it speaks to their character.

How does anyone feel about the Clinton's turning Abe Lincoln's room into airbnb?
    brianlux said:

I understand Brian, but you probably would not have a team of people that do this for you. The Clintons, I'm sure, did not walk around with stickies and grabbing what they want as a free for all. If I were in their position, ex president and Senate elect, I'm probably not thinking about this at all. I tell my staff to itemize the gifts per protocol, and make sure it happens. A portion of the gifts were not intended for them, they were for the WH.
  • Boxes&BooksBoxes&Books Posts: 2,672
    JC29856 said:

mrussel1 said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

mrussel1 said:

JC29856 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Your doing it again!

I think you're starting to get under the skin of certain individuals. The details of the discussions are starting to get real and you're proving basic points, which doesn't appear to sit well with some.

Moderator friendly and informative. Those voters who are the fence should read what JC is posting.
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,563
    mrussel1 said:

brianlux said:

I understand Brian, but you probably would not have a team of people that do this for you. The Clintons, I'm sure, did not walk around with stickies and grabbing what they want as a free for all. If I were in their position, ex president and Senate elect, I'm probably not thinking about this at all. I tell my staff to itemize the gifts per protocol, and make sure it happens. A portion of the gifts were not intended for them, they were for the WH.
    If their my team, I make sure they are behaving properly. But I'm sure we can justify any little indiscretion now, can't we.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

tonifig8 said:

JC29856 said:

mrussel1 said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

mrussel1 said:

JC29856 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Your doing it again!

I think you're starting to get under the skin of certain individuals. The details of the discussions are starting to get real and you're proving basic points, which doesn't appear to sit well with some.

Moderator friendly and informative. Those voters who are the fence should read what JC is posting.
    I think you are misreading it quite badly. I didn't tell him not to reply to my messages. He's more than welcome to. Same with Free, same with you. I'll argue with anyone. I'll even take the other side for shits and giggles, so it doesn't bother me in the least. But I won't let ridiculous-ass conclusions, hyperbole, false equivalencies, ad-hominem attacks and strawmen arguments go unchecked. And if my arguments put people in a box and they get mad, so be it.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,869
    mrussel1 said:

tonifig8 said:

JC29856 said:

mrussel1 said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

mrussel1 said:

JC29856 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Your doing it again!

I think you are misreading it quite badly. I didn't tell him not to reply to my messages. He's more than welcome to. Same with Free, same with you. I'll argue with anyone. I'll even take the other side for shits and giggles, so it doesn't bother me in the least. But I won't let ridiculous-ass conclusions, hyperbole, false equivalencies, ad-hominem attacks and strawmen arguments go unchecked. And if my arguments put people in a box and they get mad, so be it.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • KatKat Posts: 4,831
    mrussel1 said:

brianlux said:

I'll bet it's not the first time a former President left the White House with items they thought were gifted to them personally but they were actually gifted to the White House. I wouldn't call it stealing for them either.
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,477
    tonifig8 said:

JC29856 said:

mrussel1 said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

mrussel1 said:

JC29856 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Your doing it again!

telling people they shouldn't address a point unless spoken to first on a public message board is ludicrous. everyone needs to stop with the "getting under their skin" bullshit. it's weak. if people around here think that some of us turn off our computers in a rage and run down the street yelling "I HATE AMT!" you are out of your collective minds.

I highly doubt that people in the highest office in the land with that much money intended to steal anything that wasn't theirs. I'd say the same for obama, the bush family, the reagans, trump, everyone. it's ridiculous.
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

Kat said:

mrussel1 said:

brianlux said:

I'll bet it's not the first time a former President left the White House with items they thought were gifted to them personally but they were actually gifted to the White House. I wouldn't call it stealing for them either.
    Likely, probably also likely that formers had to return stuff taken in error, unlikely that any formers turned Lincoln's room into a profit center.

The article I referenced does make it plausible that Clinton's didn't purposefully knowing steal WH stuff. I read it too quickly.
    edited October 2016

tonifig8 said:

JC29856 said:

mrussel1 said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

mrussel1 said:

JC29856 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Your doing it again!

telling people they shouldn't address a point unless spoken to first on a public message board is ludicrous. everyone needs to stop with the "getting under their skin" bullshit. it's weak. if people around here think that some of us turn off our computers in a rage and run down the street yelling "I HATE AMT!" you are out of your collective minds.

I highly doubt that people in the highest office in the land with that much money intended to steal anything that wasn't theirs. I'd say the same for obama, the bush family, the reagans, trump, everyone. it's ridiculous.
    Weren't they flat broke when they left? Isn't that what Hillary stated, sorry I don't remember.

My comment was directed at JC - it was a general comment based on all of the work he's been putting in. The comment I made was inspired by russ's reply comment to JC's. It gets complicated, but ultimately JC is posting some excellent points with detailed evidence. I'm simply expressing my support. It's informative and goes a long ways.

The article regarding the Clinton's taking items from the white house was much to do about nothing. They took items they weren't suppose to- Some they returned, some they paid back, some they kept, some the white house sent back... . JC's point was that the CLinton's continue to demonstrate this odd behavior/characteristic that seems shady. Not a big deal, but it does support that shadiness behavior.

If you took items from a furnished apartment you were leasing what would happen?
    Post edited by Boxes&Books on

tonifig8 said:

JC29856 said:

mrussel1 said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

mrussel1 said:

JC29856 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Your doing it again!

2 points.
    1. Anyone is free to respond to any post but it comes off as trying to speak for someone else, bullyish and condescending in the sensev that they can't speak for themself. At least give that person the courtesy to respond first.
    The stronger argument is... I'm just as guilty in assuming that MR response is only intended for me, the question asker.
    2. Remember thou the Clinton's were bankrupt and heavily in debt when they left WH.
    tonifig8 said:

tonifig8 said:

JC29856 said:

mrussel1 said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

mrussel1 said:

JC29856 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Your doing it again!

Weren't they flat broke when they left? Isn't that what Hillary stated, sorry I don't remember.

My comment was directed at JC - it was a general comment based on all of the work he's been putting in. The comment I made was inspired by russ's reply comment to JC's. It gets complicated, but ultimately JC is posting some excellent points with detailed evidence. I'm simply expressing my support. It's informative and goes a long ways.

The article regarding the Clinton's taking items from the white house was much to do about nothing. They took items they weren't suppose to- Some they returned, some they paid back, some they kept, some the white house sent back... . JC's point was that the CLinton's continue to demonstrate this odd behavior/characteristic that seems shady. Not a big deal, but it does support that shadiness behavior.

If you took items from a furnished apartment you were leasing what would happen?
    Feel free to chime in on the argument about the super pacs and polls. I would argue that there is zero nefarious evidence there. If you disagree, please say so and why.
    tonifig8 said:

tonifig8 said:

JC29856 said:

mrussel1 said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

mrussel1 said:

JC29856 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Your doing it again!

Don't forget about renovating Lincoln's room, which no other president ever considered touching, let alone turning it into airbnb.
    If you're the best, don't you want to beat the best? To be the best you have to beat the best, no fish stories, no granpa homeruns.
    What's the saying build a better mousetrap? What if your mousetrap hasn't caught a mouse in 30 years....read this.

http://www.counterpunch.org/2016/10/11/elevating-trump/
    mrussel1 said:

tonifig8 said:

tonifig8 said:

JC29856 said:

mrussel1 said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

mrussel1 said:

JC29856 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Your doing it again!

Feel free to chime in on the argument about the super pacs and polls. I would argue that there is zero nefarious evidence there. If you disagree, please say so and why.
    Hey you can't be asking people direct questions! haha...
    I think you guys dug deep into that conversation, on a level that was beyond my understanding. Which was great because it became informative for me and hopefully for those who weren't as informed. At the end of the day you make a conclusion based on the facts and what you've gathered, then you make an informed decision, correct? I think that based on the discussion I can get behind JC's position. Why? Because if a Super PAC is giving millions of dollars to a company then they better see something in return. In the large scope that's sort of how things operate. There will be over a billion dollars invested in Clinton by the time this is over. I really doubt people are in the business of blowing a billion dollars. They're going to go after every angle to give them a slight advantage. So if they can get continuous favorability, even if it's only a fraction of an inch, then they're going to do what's necessary. Given everything we've seen from Clinton and the Dems lately it's hard to see them not doing things to manipulate the American public.

I'm 110% against CU. And I would like to see a new suit filed and eventually overturned. Anything that involves dirty money, such as Super PAC giving money, automatically raises red flags.
    I think you guys are some of the brightest minds on the forum, so I say it was all due respect. Doesn't mean I wont challenge your comments or accept your comments as the truth.
    Fair enough?
This discussion has been closed.