2015 Chicago Bears!!!!

Comments

• mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280

That was brutal. I can't believe they let Blaine Gabbert beat them. And what's with Gould? That's 2 games this year where he has missed 2 easy FGs. Very unlike him.

In an interview after the game he said he just rushed the kicks. That last one should have been a gimme and the snap was perfect. For so long he's been nothing but automatic...I wonder if his days are numbered. I mean, he's not that old by kicker standards...and I get missing 50+ from time to time, but to miss two huge kicks at 30-40 yards is unacceptable! The defense looked solid for most of the game. How many times have they collapsed in the 4th quarter this year? Lions, Vikings, Niners...all games we had in the bag.
    The offense is what worries me. The niners have a terrible defense and we couldn't get much going. Sloppy play! Dropped balls, little protection, wild throws, WR timing issues. That INT was not Cutler's fault. The audible brings the outman IN for the quick screen. They stood still and made no attempt at the ball. Even Jim Miller called that one out after the game. That's the second big audible that has gone flat this year. Bennett running a wrong route on that audible a couple weeks back is another. I wonder if they can't hear him making the change or are just unaware of what the actual play is?
    Langford has been fun to watch run the ball, but man...that guy can't catch or block for shit.
  • Vikings
    Bucs
    Lions

3 losses
    Right mca?
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....

Vikings
    Bucs
    Lions

3 losses
    Right mca?

Most of my predictions for this season have been off.
    I'll still win our bet though! ha!
  • mca47 said:

Vikings
    Bucs
    Lions

3 losses
    Right mca?

Most of my predictions for this season have been off.
    I'll still win our bet though! ha!
    2-2 and you are a winner.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • It's time for a new kicker. Gould has been just about automatic for a decade, but he just doesn't seem to have it anymore.
  • The one guy you could always count on...

It has to be a mental thing at this point.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    Gould will be around for the next three games. After this he's either gone or he'll compete for a job next year. He's cost us 3 games this year alone...and what...2 last year?
    Another game the Bears should have won. That D was brutal!
    Hate to say it, but they should have moved Forte earlier this year. I love the guy but at this point he's replaceable. Could have gotten a couple picks for him.
    Bennett should be let go too. Miller is just as good too and is waaaay cheaper.
    Draft order....
    LB
    Secondary
    OLine
    DLine
    QB
    K
    TE
    WR
  • This team competes, but they just don't have the talent yet. Can't wait for Pace and his team to have another offseason to fix this roster. I think Bennett is gone for sure. Also think it may be time for a new kicker....although I'm not sure what Gould's contract situation is. I know he's one of the highest paid kickers in the league. LB and secondary should definitely be at the top of the list this offseason.
  • Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    Making sure #31 doesn't play a snap next year should be top priority....
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"

This team competes, but they just don't have the talent yet. Can't wait for Pace and his team to have another offseason to fix this roster. I think Bennett is gone for sure. Also think it may be time for a new kicker....although I'm not sure what Gould's contract situation is. I know he's one of the highest paid kickers in the league. LB and secondary should definitely be at the top of the list this offseason.

Yeah, Fox has a good history of taking a team and turning them around pretty quick. He also has the history of having a rough first year. I hope....HOPE Adam Gase sticks around next year. The o-line needs some help but the rest of the offense is pretty solid....assuming they are injury free.
    QB: The Bears need to plan on the future at this spot and I don't think Fales is likely to be the guy. Cutler will likely be back next year and there are far worse options than #6. Even with a solid year, I don't see too many teams willing to spend the money on Cutler. Not sure how the QB class is going to look next year, but as much as I'd love to have them go QB in the first round, they need to focus on defense.
    WR: White has been scratched for the rest of the season. Good call! Last thing we need is him to re-injure his leg, or worse. Isn't Jeffery's contract up this year? Pretty sure he'll demand top 10 WR level money. It would be nice to have White-Jeffery-Royal for an entire season.
    RB: Forte is a stud but he won't be back. Langford-Carey tandem doesn't seem too bad.
    TE: Bennett is gone. Didn't play for shit and will want top TE money. Miller has played great. Miller-Lee should be ok but I'd like to have one more....especially with Miller injury plagued past.
    O-line: Looks like Long and the rookie center are for sure. Don't know contract status with them either. Bushrod is old and fragile, Leno is replaceable, Ducasse didn't do much. Slauson played well enough and can play center if need be.

Defense:
    Need some serious LBs!

Acho showed signs.
    Young and Houston did well at the new position, but I'm sure they can upgrade.
    ILB is the biggest weakness. McClellin is just bad and Jones and Anderson can go an entire game without their names being called.

Line:
    McPhee played well.
    Sutton and Goldman came around but could never get much penetration.

Secondary:
    Fuller disappointed a lot of people this year after showing signs last.
    Porter played well at times but looked awful a lot too.
    Ball is kind of worthless.
    Amos had some good games, but decision making was terrible.
    The rest of the safeties are garbage.
  • mca47 said:

This team competes, but they just don't have the talent yet. Can't wait for Pace and his team to have another offseason to fix this roster. I think Bennett is gone for sure. Also think it may be time for a new kicker....although I'm not sure what Gould's contract situation is. I know he's one of the highest paid kickers in the league. LB and secondary should definitely be at the top of the list this offseason.

Yeah, Fox has a good history of taking a team and turning them around pretty quick. He also has the history of having a rough first year. I hope....HOPE Adam Gase sticks around next year. The o-line needs some help but the rest of the offense is pretty solid....assuming they are injury free.
    QB: The Bears need to plan on the future at this spot and I don't think Fales is likely to be the guy. Cutler will likely be back next year and there are far worse options than #6. Even with a solid year, I don't see too many teams willing to spend the money on Cutler. Not sure how the QB class is going to look next year, but as much as I'd love to have them go QB in the first round, they need to focus on defense.
    WR: White has been scratched for the rest of the season. Good call! Last thing we need is him to re-injure his leg, or worse. Isn't Jeffery's contract up this year? Pretty sure he'll demand top 10 WR level money. It would be nice to have White-Jeffery-Royal for an entire season.
    RB: Forte is a stud but he won't be back. Langford-Carey tandem doesn't seem too bad.
    TE: Bennett is gone. Didn't play for shit and will want top TE money. Miller has played great. Miller-Lee should be ok but I'd like to have one more....especially with Miller injury plagued past.
    O-line: Looks like Long and the rookie center are for sure. Don't know contract status with them either. Bushrod is old and fragile, Leno is replaceable, Ducasse didn't do much. Slauson played well enough and can play center if need be.

Defense:
    Need some serious LBs!

Acho showed signs.
    Young and Houston did well at the new position, but I'm sure they can upgrade.
    ILB is the biggest weakness. McClellin is just bad and Jones and Anderson can go an entire game without their names being called.

Line:
    McPhee played well.
    Sutton and Goldman came around but could never get much penetration.

Secondary:
    Fuller disappointed a lot of people this year after showing signs last.
    Porter played well at times but looked awful a lot too.
    Ball is kind of worthless.
    Amos had some good games, but decision making was terrible.
    The rest of the safeties are garbage.
    Jeffrey is a free agent. Definitely have to re-sign him. Would love to see him and Kevin White on the field together. Not sure how I feel about them shutting down White. If the guy is 100% healthy, I think it would be great for him to get a couple games under his belt. But if he's not, then it definitely makes sense to shut him down. I just wonder if things would be different if they were competing for a playoff spot.

I love McPhee. Feels like he was injured for most of the season too. Would love to see him healthy for an entire season. For a 5th round rookie, Amos has had a pretty nice season....seems to be hitting that rookie wall. Rough year for Fuller...will be interesting to see if he can bounce back. I've read a lot saying that maybe he is more cut out for safety.

I think Gase will be gone. If he does leave, it sounds like the QB coach Dowell Loggains may be the guy to take over. Overall, feels like they are heading in the right direction. Another draft for Pace to draft guys for this system and they will have a lot of salary cap space for free agents.
    Yeah, what's weird is that Fuller when playing man coverage last year was like glue on the WRs. Seems like he's been making terrible reads this year and getting lost in the zone. I could see him playing safety. When is eyes are on the QB, he makes good plays on the ball. When his back is turned in coverage or coming off the line, he has problems.

If Gase leaves, and it's likely he will, i like promoting Loggains. #6 respects him and they'd keep the same game plans/plays. The last thing they need is to bring in an outside OC!

Good point on White and the playoff scenario. I"m fairly certain if they were in contention he'd play this year, especially with Wilson gimpy.
  • mca47 said:

Yeah, what's weird is that Fuller when playing man coverage last year was like glue on the WRs. Seems like he's been making terrible reads this year and getting lost in the zone. I could see him playing safety. When is eyes are on the QB, he makes good plays on the ball. When his back is turned in coverage or coming off the line, he has problems.

If Gase leaves, and it's likely he will, i like promoting Loggains. #6 respects him and they'd keep the same game plans/plays. The last thing they need is to bring in an outside OC!

Good point on White and the playoff scenario. I"m fairly certain if they were in contention he'd play this year, especially with Wilson gimpy.

Yeah, that's what I don't get about the White situation. If he's 100% ready, he should play regardless of how "meaningful" these games are. If they're holding him out and he's 100%, then they should just hold out all of their starters with that line of thinking.
  • I think the bears competed better than expected. The coaching staff got the most out of the players, the sad fact is that their players just arent good enough to get to the next level. I will say that I am finally looking forward to the future of the bears.
  • Interesting article about Virginia McCaskey and the way the Bears are run. Feels like how things operate at Halas Hall have always been so secretive. Will be really interesting to see what happens when she passes away.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/ct-virginia-mccaskey-spt-1220-20151219-story.html
  • I think the bears competed better than expected. The coaching staff got the most out of the players, the sad fact is that their players just arent good enough to get to the next level. I will say that I am finally looking forward to the future of the bears.

That's what scares me about Gase leaving. Another off season brings in another offensive coordinator. The revolving door there has not been kind to the Bears over the last decade.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory

That's what scares me about Gase leaving. Another off season brings in another offensive coordinator. The revolving door there has not been kind to the Bears over the last decade.
    I think the QB coach Loggains would be the guy to take over if Gase leaves. I'm sure he would run a similar offense since he's already pretty involved in the offense as QB coach so it wouldn't be a completely new offense for these guys to learn. But yeah, the amount of coordinators over the past decade is embarrassing.

Interesting article about Virginia McCaskey and the way the Bears are run. Feels like how things operate at Halas Hall have always been so secretive. Will be really interesting to see what happens when she passes away.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/ct-virginia-mccaskey-spt-1220-20151219-story.html

I'm pretty sure that her kids/grandchildren/great grandchildren will be fighting for her loot and control of the bears.. I heard there is like 70 of them total.
    Where would Gase go? I don't see him getting a head coaching gig next year.
  • Wma31394 said:

Where would Gase go? I don't see him getting a head coaching gig next year.

There are going to be quite a few head coaching spots open after this season. Definitely think he will be a target for a lot of these teams.

• Wma31394 said:

Interesting article about Virginia McCaskey and the way the Bears are run. Feels like how things operate at Halas Hall have always been so secretive. Will be really interesting to see what happens when she passes away.

I'm pretty sure that her kids/grandchildren/great grandchildren will be fighting for her loot and control of the bears.. I heard there is like 70 of them total.
    Yeah. That sounds like it's going to be a mess. I read some article awhile back about how she wouldn't be able to divy up shares of the team equally amongst her kids because then there wouldn't be a majority owner. But, I'm sure they have a plan to keep it in the family.
  • That was bad. Really bad. Offensive line has regressed a lot as the season has went on. Long has been particularly bad the past few games. Jeffrey is great, but he just hasn't been 100% healthy at all this year. They should probably just shut him down at this point.

They have shown signs this year, but these past 3 games have been awful. Hopefully they finish strong and win at least 1 of these next 2.

That was bad. Really bad. Offensive line has regressed a lot as the season has went on. Long has been particularly bad the past few games. Jeffrey is great, but he just hasn't been 100% healthy at all this year. They should probably just shut him down at this point.

They have shown signs this year, but these past 3 games have been awful. Hopefully they finish strong and win at least 1 of these next 2.

Couldn't agree more. The o-line was semi-solid for the first half...even with injuries and guys missing. The last few weeks looked like the o-line of the Trestman days. They were like a sieve for the Vikings defense. No protection, no blocking and what kills me is the penalties. Bears lead the league! Yay....#1!!! Ugh! How many times this year did they either have a great play called back for holding, or start with 1st and 2nd and 20+? Even the best teams can't be successful having to get 20+ yards every possession. Long has been terrible the last 2-3 games. The guy is supposed to be a pro-bowler and he's letting no-names fly past him with ease.
    You're right on Jeffrey. The guy has never been blazing fast, but the games he's played this year, he's had no separation. Any deep ball thrown to him this year has had to be a jump ball or back shoulder because the CB is step for step. I don't see them shutting him down though. At this point, he's playing for his next contract....which is why I think he came back into the game yesterday when he probably should have sat.
    Though, in the replays of yesterday's game, nobody was getting open. QB getting pressured and nobody to throw to is usually bad news.

Defense still looks like shit! The new guy Timu was it? looked pretty good. Guy was all over the field! Guys dropping coverage and how many missed tackled did we have? Fuck! McClellin needs to go. The guy is terrible! I think he had about 10 missed tackled himself!

Still, this team has shown promise and I'm actually excited about the next couple of years. Couldn't say that at this point last year!
  • I'm already in next year mode
    Go Bears! One more win and Speedy owes me a cool $20!
  • I'm already in next year mode

Welcome to my mind set from September!
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,900
    rough year to have season tickets, huh?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • 6-10 sucks but the expectations were very low for this season. They definitely showed signs and it was so obvious how much better the coaching was this season. Looking forward to Pace having another draft and offseason to keep adding guys that fit this system.

The thing that really sucks is that Gase will most likely be gone. Sounds like he's going to be a hot head coach candidate again this offseason. If he leaves, I hope Loggains takes over as offensive coordinator....that way it wouldn't be another completely new offense for Cutler and the rest of the team to learn.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,900
    do you think they can win anything with cutler? I do not.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • imalive said:

do you think they can win anything with cutler? I do not.

If he keeps playing the way he played this season, I don't see why not. Didn't put up crazy numbers or anything, but he didn't turn the ball over a ton like he has done in the past. With the level of QB play being so low in the NFL, I think you can definitely win with a guy like Cutler.