2015 Chicago Bears!!!!

Comments

• I don't see any coaches leaving. Just my opinion. Really looking forward to next year though
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    imalive said:

do you think they can win anything with cutler? I do not.

The Bears have far bigger concerns IMO than QB. That said, if an opportunity presents itself in the draft, I think they need to look at younger blood. The upcoming QB draft class is pretty lacking next year too.
    Cutler had a solid season. Another year in the system can only help. Keep in mind most of the season he was playing decent ball with a group of receivers who wouldn't be playing on most teams and with a o-line that had injuries and protection issues. The three picks will stand out on the box score today, but few people will talk about 5 starting targets not playing today.
    The QB and the team as a whole played beyond my expectations this year...especially with the injuries and personnel lining up each week.
    Hey Speedy! Looks like we had a draw this year! Hahahahaha!
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466

I don't see any coaches leaving. Just my opinion. Really looking forward to next year though

Gase.

What do you guys think of him? Seems to have worked wonders for Cutler...
    www.myspace.com
  • I don't see any coaches leaving. Just my opinion. Really looking forward to next year though

Gase.

He was awesome this year. Always had a good game plan coming in to every game. Bears had injuries all over their offense this season and Cutler still had his best year as a Bear. I think he'll be a very good head coach.

I don't see any coaches leaving. Just my opinion. Really looking forward to next year though

Gase.

He was awesome this year. Always had a good game plan coming in to every game. Bears had injuries all over their offense this season and Cutler still had his best year as a Bear. I think he'll be a very good head coach.
    What he said ^.
    Gase will no doubt land a HC gig for next year and whoever gets him will be more than happy. The guy is young, but he's smart and well respected by his team and coaching staff. He's a smart guy who tailors the offensive approach to the team he's playing and to what guys he can put on the field. It's too bad the Bears are going to lose him because I think every Bear fan wanted to see what he could do with a healthy roster. Even with the Bears so banged up all season, he was able to play rookies and guys who wouldn't have jobs on other teams and still be competitive during most games.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    Thoughts on Lovie Smith in general?
  • Thoughts on Lovie Smith in general?

He was a solid coach here for a long time. Players absolutely loved him and played hard for him. His biggest problem was that he could never find a good offensive coordinator. The defense was always good with him here and it was elite for a few years there and carried them to a Super Bowl (fucking Rex Grossman...I'll never get over that loss). But his inability to hire a competent offensive coordinator is ultimately what got him fired here.

I don't know what the hell happened in Tampa. Sounds like they were higher on the OC down there and didn't want to lose him so they just canned Lovie. Are the Giants looking at him?
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,657

He needs a new first name.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710

He was a solid coach here for a long time. Players absolutely loved him and played hard for him. His biggest problem was that he could never find a good offensive coordinator. The defense was always good with him here and it was elite for a few years there and carried them to a Super Bowl (fucking Rex Grossman...I'll never get over that loss). But his inability to hire a competent offensive coordinator is ultimately what got him fired here.

I don't know what the hell happened in Tampa. Sounds like they were higher on the OC down there and didn't want to lose him so they just canned Lovie. Are the Giants looking at him?
    Not sure. Some talk in the media that they really liked him before they hired Coughlin and that they should take another look, but nothing confirmed. The more I think about it though, the more I like it. Sounds like what they need, especially if they can keep McAdoo.

Yeah, sounds like the OC is getting the job.
  • Gase to the Dolphins it appears.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013
    so Jay now has another offensive coordinator to get used too…Sad to see Gase Go, he sure taught Jay a thing or 2
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,899
    is this THE bears thread?

anyway, the 30 for 30 was pretty good (as usual)
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    Dvr'd that. Gotta watch at some point soon. Glad to hear it was good.
    www.myspace.com
  • imalive said:

is this THE bears thread?

anyway, the 30 for 30 was pretty good (as usual)

That was awesome. Really wish I was old enough to remember and enjoy that team. I was only 3 when they won it. My brother was born the night the Bears won the super bowl....apparently my whole family was at the hospital and everyone was bombed. I'm sure that was quite a scene.
    Sad to see #22 go. Class act and a hell of a player!
  • mca47 said:

Yeah. Sucks to see him go. Had a great career here, but RB is actually one of the positions that the Bears have decent depth at with Langford and Carey so it does make sense.
  • Bushrod gone now too. Not surprising since Leno took over at LT last year and Bushrod made a lot of money. Now it's time to see what they do with Jeffrey......hopefully they can work out a long term deal, but I think they will franchise him if they have to. I really want to see him and White on the field together.

mca47 said:

Yeah. Sucks to see him go. Had a great career here, but RB is actually one of the positions that the Bears have decent depth at with Langford and Carey so it does make sense.
    Agreed. While it sucks to see a good player leave, the Bears won't be losing much in the end anyways. Langford and Carey should be able to fill in nicely.

Bushrod gone now too. Not surprising since Leno took over at LT last year and Bushrod made a lot of money. Now it's time to see what they do with Jeffrey......hopefully they can work out a long term deal, but I think they will franchise him if they have to. I really want to see him and White on the field together.

I think the Bears would be pretty dumb to not franchise Jeffrey. He's shown the ability to be a top 10 WR in the league, but he's hurt all the damn time! The Bears should tell him "Play next year on the tag, and prove to us you can stay healthy and you'll be rewarded."

I really want to see what White can do! A healthy WR core of White, Jeffrey and Royal would be fun to watch!
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,822
    Some nice moves today. Trevathan fills a huge need at ILB. I think this may signal the end of Shea McClellin. I really like the Massie signing as well. Long can move back to guard where he belongs....he wasn't terrible at tackle last year, but he's one of the best guards in the league so why mess with something that works really well.

Not as crazy about the Porter signing. He had a decent year last year, but he's 30 years old. Hopefully not a lot of guaranteed money in that 3 year deal.
    The Trevathan signing was huge. The guy is one of the best ILBs in coverage and he closes gaps fast! Him and McPhee lining up next to eachother is going to be fun to watch!
    Massie is a solid lineman and as a whole should upgrade the line, especially if Long moves inside.
    I didn't mind the Porter signing until I saw that it was a 3 year deal. He showed some signs last year, but from what I read, all opposing QBs had the best quarterback rating and completion percentage throwing Porter's direction. Then again, the secondary had a lot on their plate without any QB pressure.
    Good free-agent day.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,822
    mca47 said:

The Trevathan signing was huge. The guy is one of the best ILBs in coverage and he closes gaps fast! Him and McPhee lining up next to eachother is going to be fun to watch!
    Massie is a solid lineman and as a whole should upgrade the line, especially if Long moves inside.
    I didn't mind the Porter signing until I saw that it was a 3 year deal. He showed some signs last year, but from what I read, all opposing QBs had the best quarterback rating and completion percentage throwing Porter's direction. Then again, the secondary had a lot on their plate without any QB pressure.
    Good free-agent day.

Definitely looking forward to Trevathan and McPhee playing together. Hopefully they can add another guy or 2 on the D-line. I saw that same stat about Porter. But he also had 22 pass break-ups so I guess he's a hit or miss type. Still plenty of work to do, but a good start.

Oh, and thank god Forte didn't end up with the Packers! That would have been awful.
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,418
    Ah yes. NFL free agency.
    Where teams overpay for mediocre talent.

Who was the last free agent the Bears signed, who actually earned his paycheck?
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....

Ah yes. NFL free agency.

McPhee has played well.
    mca47 said:

Ah yes. NFL free agency.

McPhee has played well.
    He's a bum.
    Hahahhahaha

Ah yes. NFL free agency.

Not many, thats for sure? You been fishing yet on the lakefront? Saw some of the power lines guys a few weeks ago bag a few cohos. Fishing season is almost here….
    muskydan said:

Ah yes. NFL free agency.

Not many, thats for sure? You been fishing yet on the lakefront? Saw some of the power lines guys a few weeks ago bag a few cohos. Fishing season is almost here….
    Still a good 6 weeks or so for me to even think about perch.
    Right on, the power liners sure were getting the coho yesterday mourning when i went on my mourning job. Saw loads of coho laying on the deck, pretty good size too. My Dad and I head to Lake Kinkiad near carbondale next month for our first musky trip of the year…can't wait to start pitching some baits...