2015 Chicago Bears!!!!

Comments

• mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    Yeah, very impressive game! It really looks like things are coming together.
    Offense did well without Forte and Royal...and a gimpy Jeffery.
    The game scheme that Gase/Fox came up with was brilliant. The Rams had a top 5 defense and the lowly Bears made them look silly.
    Defense looked good. Foles isn't exactly Brady, but he looked frustrated by what he was seeing from the Bears.

Langford looked great. Pretty sure from the last two games, Forte's days are numbered. Langford-Carey combo looks like the read deal.
    Where the hell did Zach Miller come from?!?! lol That's freakin awesome that he's stepped up the way he has. Having two competent TEs is huge! Might have to pick him up on my fantasy team....:)

mca47 said:

mca47 said:

Want to make a friendly wager Speedy?
    $20.
    Whoever is closer to the final record on wins.
    3 vs 9

?

Let me know. :).

Here ya go

Lets make the over/under 7, with 7 being neither of us wins.
    If the Bears win 8 or more games, you are a winner.
    If the Bears win 6 or less, its victory for Ole SPEEDY.
    Sound good?

We will bet.
    A cooler filled with empty beer cans
    A pair of cincy britches
    And a real shitty seat at Alpine.

Sound good?

Hahahahaha!
    How about we do over, under 6. Get it at least a little closer to your initial 3 win claim.
    Ok, I will STACK the odds in your favor since I think this team will suck monkey balls.
    Over/Under is 6. With 6 being a push.
    1-5 wins - Speedy wins $20
    7-16 wins - mca47 wins $20

Bears already have 4 wins....
    Just sayin'

Ha!
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,178
    This team along with the Chiefs....teams better watch out for them they're coming on strong as others are dealing with major injuries.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

Where's Speedy?

Must be saving up his nickels and dimes to pay ol' mca in a couple of weeks! :D
  • mca47 said:

Where's Speedy?

I know he said he wasn't wasting his time with this team, but I hope he changed his mind. This team is a lot of fun to watch. A complete 180 from last year and that clown act.

mca47 said:

Where's Speedy?

I know he said he wasn't wasting his time with this team, but I hope he changed his mind. This team is a lot of fun to watch. A complete 180 from last year and that clown act.
    I'm still shocked by how decent this team looks...considering the injuries, the change in offense and defense...all new coaches...pretty much everything.

I've said it before and I'll say it again.
    We should have won the Lions game and the Vikings game.
    We SHOULD be 6-3 right now.

I actually get excited for Sundays now! hahahahaha
  • mca47 said:

mca47 said:

Where's Speedy?

I'm still shocked by how decent this team looks...considering the injuries, the change in offense and defense...all new coaches...pretty much everything.

I've said it before and I'll say it again.
    We should have won the Lions game and the Vikings game.
    We SHOULD be 6-3 right now.

I actually get excited for Sundays now! hahahahaha
    I know, man. Even if they won 1 of those games, they'd be 5-4 and right there in the wild card race. Although they're technically still there at 4-5....NFC is pretty weak right now. Who knows what's going to happen down the stretch. These back to back games with Denver and Green Bay suddenly aren't so scary anymore. How sweet would it be if the Bears go up to GB and beat the Pack on Brett Favre night on Thanksgiving?? Would be sweet redemption after that guy killed us for 20 fucking years!
    If they won in Green Bay on Brett Favre night, they could lose the rest of the games and I wouldn't give a shit! hahahaha
    I think Denver will be a close game. I think we can slow their offense with the backup playing. Their D is scary though. I guess I said the same about the Rams D too, but I think Denver is a different beast.
    I think Cutler is going to have to run a lot. Fox's/Gase's offense is so similar to Denver's last year, he's really going to have to mix it up.
    While it would be nice to have Royal back, having the two TE setup has been a great move. Bennett and Miller blocking and catching...gives the offense a lot of options.
    ESPN Power Rankings have the Bears at 16 now.
    They bounced around 28-30 for most of the season.
  • Yeah, it should be a tight one on Sunday. I wish we were facing Manning at this point. Denver D has been really good, but they haven't played well their last 2 games against the Colts and Chiefs. Bears are a dangerous team right now for anyone to play.

Yeah, it should be a tight one on Sunday. I wish we were facing Manning at this point. Denver D has been really good, but they haven't played well their last 2 games against the Colts and Chiefs. Bears are a dangerous team right now for anyone to play.

Yeah, it seems like other teams don't really know how to gameplan against the Bears. Not really sure what to expect. Before it was "stack the box and blitz Cutler and the W is ours". Now it's like "Did #6 just audible out of a play and convert a 3rd and long?" and "Who the fuck is Zach Miller and those running backs not named Forte?"
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
  • mca47 said:

Where's Speedy?

Easy there, big guy!
    Plenty of time for the Bears to fall flat on their faces!

So, seriously, since I am too lazy to look back into this thread.
    What was the number of games we decided on? How many do the Bears need to win, in order for you to take my $20?
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....

mca47 said:

Where's Speedy?

Easy there, big guy!

What was the number of games we decided on? How many do the Bears need to win, in order for you to take my $20?
  • mca47 said:

mca47 said:

Where's Speedy?

Easy there, big guy!

Bears need to go 3-4 huh?

I see loses to Denver, Minnesota, Greenbay and Tampa.
    Plus I am sure Cutler and the gang will figure out how to screw up and lose another game.

Ha!
    Hahahaha!
    Want to increase the bet Speedy? :D
  • mca47 said:

Hahahaha!
    Want to increase the bet Speedy? :D

No
    Momma didn't raise an idiot! Ha

That's awesome!
  • Just a brutal game to watch all around. Awful play call on the 2 point conversion. Hoping the bears can spoil the party on Thursday in Green Bay.

Just a brutal game to watch all around. Awful play call on the 2 point conversion. Hoping the bears can spoil the party on Thursday in Green Bay.

Awful play calling! Holy shit, that was Trestman-like bullshit from the coaching staff yesterday. Not kicking the field goal and going for it on 4th down for a team playing 2nd and 3rd sting players...and a team who's shown difficulty getting TDs in the redzone all year...against the best defense in football....ugh! I was yelling at my TV when the offense went back out there!
    Then the handoff on the 2 pt conversion....ugh!
    So, Martellus Bennett is seriously worthless. The guy claims to be a top TE and wants the money to show it. He's been nothing but below average for the last 4-5 games. He easily drops more balls than he catches. Yesterday he had so many opportunities! That play to him in the endzone where he didn't even put his hands up to attempt to catch it....fuck! Oh, and the missed block on the 2pt conversion. He's only job was to BLOCK, and he peeled off like he was running a different play. Ugh!
    I'd be less upset had they gotten blown out. These close loses with stupid play calling drive me up the wall!
  • mca47 said:

Just a brutal game to watch all around. Awful play call on the 2 point conversion. Hoping the bears can spoil the party on Thursday in Green Bay.

Awful play calling! Holy shit, that was Trestman-like bullshit from the coaching staff yesterday. Not kicking the field goal and going for it on 4th down for a team playing 2nd and 3rd sting players...and a team who's shown difficulty getting TDs in the redzone all year...against the best defense in football....ugh! I was yelling at my TV when the offense went back out there!
    So, Martellus Bennett is seriously worthless. The guy claims to be a top TE and wants the money to show it. He's been nothing but below average for the last 4-5 games. He easily drops more balls than he catches. Yesterday he had so many opportunities! That play to him in the endzone where he didn't even put his hands up to attempt to catch it....fuck! Oh, and the missed block on the 2pt conversion. He's only job was to BLOCK, and he peeled off like he was running a different play. Ugh!
    I'd be less upset had they gotten blown out. These close loses with stupid play calling drive me up the wall!
    Yeah, not going for a FG there was definitely questionable.

I was reading earlier that Cutler audibled to the run play on that 2 pointer but Bennett ran a route instead of blocking. He has been pretty good since he has been here, but no way they should extend him or give him more money. He has to be one of the SLOWEST players in the NFL. He has no burst and always gets tackled right away after he makes a catch.

Losing all these close games has been brutal. Hoping they can pull the upset on Thursday night.

mca47 said:

Yeah, not going for a FG there was definitely questionable.

I was reading earlier that Cutler audibled to the run play on that 2 pointer but Bennett ran a route instead of blocking. He has been pretty good since he has been here, but no way they should extend him or give him more money. He has to be one of the SLOWEST players in the NFL. He has no burst and always gets tackled right away after he makes a catch.

Losing all these close games has been brutal. Hoping they can pull the upset on Thursday night.
    Yeah, the play would have been a lot closer had he read his playbook. If you watch the replay, if that guy was blocked...even a half-assed block...the play would have been a whole hell of a lot closer.

Bennett really drives me nuts.
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,240
    Can't wait for Thursday, should be a great environment, the 4 greatest packers QBs of all time in attendance.
  • Pretty sweet to ruin Brett Favre night! Defense played great....Rodgers actually looked human. I love the way this team plays...never feels like they are out of it. Good stuff.

Pretty sweet to ruin Brett Favre night! Defense played great....Rodgers actually looked human. I love the way this team plays...never feels like they are out of it. Good stuff.

Great game! Made my Thanksgiving!
    Was a little worried with the slow start and the 3-4 consecutive 3 and outs. The oline looked horrible at first but was happy they changed up the gameplan. Cutler played a good game and made a lot of plays despite the pocket collapsing around him. Good to have Jeffery and Forte back. Miller had another great game. Bennett who? Man, I wish Langford could catch...at least more consistently. Two big drops yesterday...and let's not forget the one that cost us a win.
    Defense looked solid and Porter played a great game. Like they said during the game, it's pretty amazing what they've been able to put together with a bunch of "no names" on defense.
    Watched a video from inside the locker room last night. All the players and coaches smiling, laughing, hugging and having fun. Fox and his staff really have this team playing as one. Amazing what a year and new coaches can do!
    Hard to imagine that the "P-word" is actually a legit thing!
    This team is fun to watch!
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,240
    Bears played a great game last night. Really hope you guys get in the playoffs instead of one of other teams fighting for that last spot. Team has great character and is fun to watch. I'll be secretly rooting for you guys while I pray that the Packers receivers learn how to play football.
  • That was brutal. I can't believe they let Blaine Gabbert beat them. And what's with Gould? That's 2 games this year where he has missed 2 easy FGs. Very unlike him.
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    Gould-plated