2015 Chicago Bears!!!!

Comments

• mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280

And what's with Adam Gase getting all conservative with the play-calling in OT? Terrible.

The coaching staff lost that game for the Bears. The defense wasn't doing much to stop a pretty bad offense, but the play calling and clock management was BRUTAL!
    4th and 2 inches and they punt. QB sneak is almost guaranteed 1 yard. Unless they didn't trust the rookie to snap and get pressure...
    Dumb!
    Running Forte 3 times when the Lions had three timeouts with 2 minutes left? The SAME damn play that got them on average 2 yards the whole game....
    Dumb!
    Playing deep zone with the Lions in the red zone....
    Dumb!

I haven't been pissed off watching a Bears game like that in a loooong time! I mean, Cutler and Jeffery marched down the field to tie that game like it was nothing. I don't get it.

After that, and hearing Fox's response after the game...I'm wondering if they truly don't care about winning. It almost seemed like "Well, winning would be nice, but whatever".
    It also seems like they might truly not trust their players. I get it...Cutler makes some boneheaded mistakes, but the guy has been nothing but clutch this season and in 4th quarters of other seasons. WIth the exception of the INT, he played a great game.
    I don't get it.
  • buck502000buck502000 Posts: 8,951
    That's 5 in a row for Detroit over Chicago.......
  • That's 5 in a row for Detroit over Chicago.......

Cool.
  • mca47 said:

And what's with Adam Gase getting all conservative with the play-calling in OT? Terrible.

The coaching staff lost that game for the Bears. The defense wasn't doing much to stop a pretty bad offense, but the play calling and clock management was BRUTAL!
    4th and 2 inches and they punt. QB sneak is almost guaranteed 1 yard. Unless they didn't trust the rookie to snap and get pressure...
    Dumb!
    Running Forte 3 times when the Lions had three timeouts with 2 minutes left? The SAME damn play that got them on average 2 yards the whole game....
    Dumb!
    Playing deep zone with the Lions in the red zone....
    Dumb!

I haven't been pissed off watching a Bears game like that in a loooong time! I mean, Cutler and Jeffery marched down the field to tie that game like it was nothing. I don't get it.

After that, and hearing Fox's response after the game...I'm wondering if they truly don't care about winning. It almost seemed like "Well, winning would be nice, but whatever".
    It also seems like they might truly not trust their players. I get it...Cutler makes some boneheaded mistakes, but the guy has been nothing but clutch this season and in 4th quarters of other seasons. WIth the exception of the INT, he played a great game.
    I don't get it.
    Yeah man, some really questionable play calling at the end of the 4th and in OT. Especially after they went right down the field with Jeffrey to get the tying FG. Very, very questionable. What really killed the Bears was settling for FGs early in the game. Gotta get TDs in the red zone.

I wouldn't read too much into anything Fox says....he seems very secretive when it comes to telling the media anything at all. I still think this team is heading in the right direction. No way last year's team would have come back from a deficit like they had on Sunday.
    Yeah, you're right, it just kills me when they piss away a game like that.
  • Bears 24
    Vikings 13
    Nice shirt.
  • Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    Bears 27
    Vikings 20
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Bears 27
    Vikings 17
  • This secondary is fucking pathetic! Absolutely pissed away the last 2 games. Awful drop by Langford on that 3rd down play late. Forte hurt too. What a disaster.
  • And Gase's play calling early was fucking terrible again. All these stupid little screen passes. You have Alshon Jeffrey...go down the field! Ugh. So pissed.

And Gase's play calling early was fucking terrible again. All these stupid little screen passes. You have Alshon Jeffrey...go down the field! Ugh. So pissed.

Yeah, if the few weeks showed us anything is that when they want to/need to, Cutler and Jeffery can light it up. I love how that's not a option outside of a couple opportunities in the first half. Then come the second half when they are likely losing, they show they can easily march down the field. That conservative bullshit and the "play not to lose" is driving me nuts!

The secondary is complete garbage. Nobody can cover, nobody can tackle....brutal! And outside of McPhee, there is no QB pressure whatsoever.
  • mca47 said:

And Gase's play calling early was fucking terrible again. All these stupid little screen passes. You have Alshon Jeffrey...go down the field! Ugh. So pissed.

Yeah, if the few weeks showed us anything is that when they want to/need to, Cutler and Jeffery can light it up. I love how that's not a option outside of a couple opportunities in the first half. Then come the second half when they are likely losing, they show they can easily march down the field. That conservative bullshit and the "play not to lose" is driving me nuts!

The secondary is complete garbage. Nobody can cover, nobody can tackle....brutal! And outside of McPhee, there is no QB pressure whatsoever.
    Yeah and to call all those conservative plays against a great tackling team like the Vikings just makes absolutely no sense. I get that you don't want Cutler chucking it down the field 40 times a game, but the ultra conservative shit is not going to get the job done.

Secondary is rough. They always seem to give up the huge play at the worst possible time.

I'm going to the game this weekend out in San Diego for my annual Bears trip. Game should be fun, but I think I'm more excited to hang out in San Diego for a few days. That city is awesome.
    That's awesome. Yeah, San Diego is a lot of fun!
  • Pretty happy to say that I have not been wasting 3 hours of my Sundays, watching this debacle. Though I will get up Monday and read the papers, and follow sports radio, while I am at work.

This team is not worth the time of day.

And what is the over/under on how long before Fox is fired?
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Pretty happy to say that I have not been wasting 3 hours of my Sundays, watching this debacle. Though I will get up Monday and read the papers, and follow sports radio, while I am at work.

Come on Speedy...you're ready to fire Fox already??? Fox looks like Lombardi compared to Trestman. You've got to give him and Pace at least 2-3 years to turn this thing around. I think they have already shown plenty of improvement. The record doesn't show it but this team is night and day compared to last year.

Come on Speedy...you're ready to fire Fox already??? Fox looks like Lombardi compared to Trestman. You've got to give him and Pace at least 2-3 years to turn this thing around. I think they have already shown plenty of improvement. The record doesn't show it but this team is night and day compared to last year.

Like I said I really haven't been paying that much attention.
    I just figured it was a matter of a few more losses, and the fans will turn on Fox.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....

I just figured it was a matter of a few more losses, and the fans will turn on Fox.
    There were zero expectations for this season. Now if the losses keep coming like this next year, then the fans will start turning.

Pretty happy to say that I have not been wasting 3 hours of my Sundays, watching this debacle. Though I will get up Monday and read the papers, and follow sports radio, while I am at work.

It really doesn't take a whole heck of a lot for Bears fans to turn on anyone or any thing.
    I'm pretty sure Fox is all but guaranteed 3 years.
    Pretty sure Adam Gase will be gone after this year. He'll probably be a big target for teams looking for a new head coach. That could be a problem for Fox. Cutler will likely be back next year, and Gase seems to be one of the very few people that Cutler works well with.

Pretty happy to say that I have not been wasting 3 hours of my Sundays, watching this debacle. Though I will get up Monday and read the papers, and follow sports radio, while I am at work.

There were zero expectations for this season. Now if the losses keep coming like this next year, then the fans will start turning.
    Exactly! I had ZERO expectations coming into this season. I just wanted to see things go in a positive direction.
    Considering the injuries to some very important positions....how we have two wins at this point is pretty impressive.
    The Packers game was in reach.
    We had Clausen playing in two games.
    We could have and should have won games against the Lions and Vikings...
    The Bears could easily be 4-3 right now.

Not bad considering...
  • Bears 27
    Chargers 21

Nice shirt.
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    So dat Lankfurt is pretty good.

So dat Lankfurt is pretty good.

Yeah, I was impressed. Funny, he caught a ridiculous diving catch like no big deal, yet dropped a game winning toss between the numbers. :fp:
    I also like his quickness in hitting the gaps.

Despite the play where Jeffery and Cutler seemed to be running two different plays that got returned for 6...they played great!
    Well, I guess there were two balls that he could have caught....but still!

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,900
    Gould just about ruined my fantasy team.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    imalive said:

Gould just about ruined my fantasy team.

I won by 1.42 points this week, my opponent had him
    By the way, I guess it rained and they didn't bother to cover the field- footing was the issue for both kickers
  • Just got back from San Diego. What an awesome game to be at.....there were so many Bears fans there. Felt like a Bears home game. Great time. San Diego is an awesome city.
  • Bears 24
    Rams 20
    I think it might be a low scoring game.
    Bears 20
    Rams 17

It'll probably come down to the 4th quarter, last drive.

Just got back from San Diego. What an awesome game to be at.....there were so many Bears fans there. Felt like a Bears home game. Great time. San Diego is an awesome city.

That's awesome! Good game and yeah....San Diego is great!
  • Rams 24
    Bears 20

Nice shirt.
  • WOW! Great performance all around. Langford looks like the real deal. It was like another home game for the Bears with all those fans in St. Louis....Bears fans travel like crazy. Good stuff.