Options

Jared the sandwich guy ?

Comments

• Options
    dankind said:

dankind said:

dankind said:

Well whatever his sentence is in November I'm sure we can all agree that he will be forgotten forever after that day.

Yup, I'm sure that the children he sodomized will forget about him after that.
    No they won't.
    I said "we" will forget about him.
    You didn't. But thanks for clarifying.
    ?
    I'm sorry. Is English not your first language? I can understand how maybe a nonnative speaker/writer might believe that "... I'm sure we can all agree that he will be forgotten forever ..." means the same thing as "'we' will forget about him," but it does not. The syntax is wrong.

Again, thank you for clarifying what you meant to write. It's important that we are understood, especially if/when language barriers are getting in the way. And even if language is not the barrier, it happens to all of us -- even yours truly.

For instance, I'm often misunderstood on these forums for being serious when I'm just kidding or being sarcastic. Hell, it happened to me just a few days ago. For those cases, my guess is that using the smileys would've helped me to be better understood -- or maybe even going so far as to add parentheses that say "just kidding" or "sarcasm."

Having said all that, let's get back to your contention regarding Jared Fogle and our collective memories (or lack thereof). If the "we" to which you were referring means other posters on AMT, hedonist has already stated her opinions to the contrary. As for myself, I will never eat another sandwich from Subway. Reason: Jared Fogle (and the company's failure to terminate his contract when it had caught wind of his deplorable acts). Put me down as another who will never forget.
    I didn't think whatsoever that this POS would not be forgotten by his victims.
    As for the rest of us he should all ready be forgotten about - he is dead to me.
    Any second spent talking about him after his sentence is time wasted.
    My statement was not hard to understand at all as it was in English.
    No clarification other than my first one was needed. Sometimes you have to go with your first assumption when reading.
    Syntax? - really?
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827

dankind said:

dankind said:

dankind said:

Well whatever his sentence is in November I'm sure we can all agree that he will be forgotten forever after that day.

No they won't.
    ?
    I'm sorry. Is English not your first language? I can understand how maybe a nonnative speaker/writer might believe that "... I'm sure we can all agree that he will be forgotten forever ..." means the same thing as "'we' will forget about him," but it does not. The syntax is wrong.

Again, thank you for clarifying what you meant to write. It's important that we are understood, especially if/when language barriers are getting in the way. And even if language is not the barrier, it happens to all of us -- even yours truly.

For instance, I'm often misunderstood on these forums for being serious when I'm just kidding or being sarcastic. Hell, it happened to me just a few days ago. For those cases, my guess is that using the smileys would've helped me to be better understood -- or maybe even going so far as to add parentheses that say "just kidding" or "sarcasm."

Having said all that, let's get back to your contention regarding Jared Fogle and our collective memories (or lack thereof). If the "we" to which you were referring means other posters on AMT, hedonist has already stated her opinions to the contrary. As for myself, I will never eat another sandwich from Subway. Reason: Jared Fogle (and the company's failure to terminate his contract when it had caught wind of his deplorable acts). Put me down as another who will never forget.
    As for the rest of us he should all ready be forgotten about - he is dead to me.
    No clarification other than my first one was needed. Sometimes you have to go with your first assumption when reading.
    Syntax? - really?
    Yes, really.

Syntax is the key to having our written communications understood. For the most part, we can slip up on spelling and grammar, and our readers will still get the gist of what we're trying to convey. But if we err on our syntax, our intentional meaning and purpose often get lost or are misconstrued.

If one cares to participate in intellectual discourse, especially on sensitive, delicate or controversial topics, one should be extra careful when it comes to syntax.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,570
    edited October 2015

dankind said:

dankind said:

dankind said:

No they won't.
    ?

Syntax? - really?
    No, really, what you posted did not say what you later claimed it meant at all. Dankind was right.
    I will also not forget about Jared Fogle, namely because I don't have thst bad a memory. This guy has been a part of pop culture for many years now. I must have seen his ads on TV thousands of times, right back to the first one where he holds up his huge pants. I'd have to go senile to forget him, especially now that he turned out to be a pedophile. That makes him more memorable, not less.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

dankind said:

dankind said:

dankind said:

No they won't.
    ?

Syntax? - really?
    No, really, what you posted did not say what you later claimed it meant at all. Dankind was right.
    I will also not forget about Jared Fogle, namely because I don't have thst bad a memory. This guy has been a part of pop culture for many years now. I must have seen his ads on TV thousands of times, right back to the first one where he holds up his huge pants. I'd have to go senile to forget him, especially now that he turned out to be a pedophile. That makes him more memorable, not less.
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

dankind said:

dankind said:

dankind said:

No they won't.
    ?

Syntax? - really?
    I don't understand what sentiment you are trying to express with that gif in relation to what I said.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    ^^^^
    The syntax of yourself and dankind presented to me is not computing in my brain.
    I don't understand how you both are in agreement that what I wrote is not what I meant and continue to say that what I said is not correct.
    This is about the POS subway guy and I think that after his sentence to jail he will be forgotten about as he won't be in headlines, news, amt and the like.
    Subway franchise will rebound from this bruise. The organization is not to blame on this one.
    It is the POS fogle guy who deserves to be forgotten.
    If this syntax does not compute with you two then we should cease transmissions.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

all roads of criminal intent led to the death penalty......wow ! I'm reading some of your comments about this guy and I think back, is this the same group that stood so tall and mighty against the death penalty ? revenge killing is now O.K. ? the human mind and emotion are so fragile and yet so capable of killing...ohhhhh the horror of it all ! LOL !!!!!!!!

Godfather.

Who are you referring to, GF??
    no body particularly, I just remember a somewhat heated discussion about the death penalty and some of the train members kept calling it "revenge killing" and stating that there is no reason to kill another human being and now that this sandwich guy got busted for child rape or abuse it sounds like people want him dead, I am not saying I agree or disagree, just thinking back on another thread it seems that maybe (or not) some of the train members have experienced enough anger over the sandwich guy and others like him that their thirst for blood has come to the surface, I've always thought everybody has a thirst for blood (reason to kill or ask for the death of another) given the right circumstance's.

Godfather.

I am not sure you are talking about, and I don't keep a spreadsheet showing who is against the death penalty and if what they say elssewhere might contradict that opinion. All I know is that I am one of those people who opposes the death penalty, and would never advocate death as a punishment in any case, including that perv Jared Fogle, and I 100% do not have a thirst for blood, so your thought is wrong.
    yah, I don't think so
    If it was one of your kids he had his way with I am sure you may just get a little thirsty.
    Wouldn't want to be wrong on this opinion.
    No, that is not how I roll. Not everyone turns to violence.
    Ok,
    So honestly can you please state what you personally feel his punishment should be?
    Forget our laws, justice system et al.
    What do you want done with this guy?
    Prison and chemical castration.
    violence comes in many forms, your words can create violence and chemical castration ?....ouch !
    you're absolutely right not everybody turns to violence but many of them are very capable of creating violence, BTW castration does not remove the desire's of sexual pleasure, a freak without a penis is still a freak who can not control his urges and desires and will still commit sexual crimes...I recommend a lobotomy, the brain is key here.
    the fact that you recommend castration displays a need for violence, your move.

Godfather.

Do you know what chemical castration means? It's a non-specific term referring to the use of a variety of different anti-androgen medications to reduce sex drive and sexual function. It doesn't refer to removing the penis, or any organ at all. It's not perfect, of course, but in fact does reduce "urges and desires" and thereby reduces sexual reoffending. It is also reversible once the medication is stopped. I don't see where the violence is here, any more than if someone were taking insulin for diabetes.
    did not know that ! I read castration and got a Bruce Jenner feeling in my groin.. LOL !!!!

Godfather.

Interesting to know you have feelings for Bruce Jenner and not Caitlin Jenner in your groin!!
    he can change his name, add tit's and even remove his junk but he will always be a male.

Godfather.

Wrong.
    please prove that, scientifically...medically ?
    btw how does feel to believe something so strongly without scientific backing ? no jab intended.

Godfather.

You are out of your league here. Proof on something like this isn't even a possibility. Evidence could be presented, but would you know anything about it's accuracy or relevance?

What scientific backing do you have to make your assertion? What is it that makes a person a man, exactly?
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    rgambs said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

all roads of criminal intent led to the death penalty......wow ! I'm reading some of your comments about this guy and I think back, is this the same group that stood so tall and mighty against the death penalty ? revenge killing is now O.K. ? the human mind and emotion are so fragile and yet so capable of killing...ohhhhh the horror of it all ! LOL !!!!!!!!

Godfather.

no body particularly, I just remember a somewhat heated discussion about the death penalty and some of the train members kept calling it "revenge killing" and stating that there is no reason to kill another human being and now that this sandwich guy got busted for child rape or abuse it sounds like people want him dead, I am not saying I agree or disagree, just thinking back on another thread it seems that maybe (or not) some of the train members have experienced enough anger over the sandwich guy and others like him that their thirst for blood has come to the surface, I've always thought everybody has a thirst for blood (reason to kill or ask for the death of another) given the right circumstance's.

Godfather.

I am not sure you are talking about, and I don't keep a spreadsheet showing who is against the death penalty and if what they say elssewhere might contradict that opinion. All I know is that I am one of those people who opposes the death penalty, and would never advocate death as a punishment in any case, including that perv Jared Fogle, and I 100% do not have a thirst for blood, so your thought is wrong.
    yah, I don't think so
    If it was one of your kids he had his way with I am sure you may just get a little thirsty.
    Ok,
    So honestly can you please state what you personally feel his punishment should be?
    violence comes in many forms, your words can create violence and chemical castration ?....ouch !
    you're absolutely right not everybody turns to violence but many of them are very capable of creating violence, BTW castration does not remove the desire's of sexual pleasure, a freak without a penis is still a freak who can not control his urges and desires and will still commit sexual crimes...I recommend a lobotomy, the brain is key here.

Godfather.

Do you know what chemical castration means? It's a non-specific term referring to the use of a variety of different anti-androgen medications to reduce sex drive and sexual function. It doesn't refer to removing the penis, or any organ at all. It's not perfect, of course, but in fact does reduce "urges and desires" and thereby reduces sexual reoffending. It is also reversible once the medication is stopped. I don't see where the violence is here, any more than if someone were taking insulin for diabetes.
    did not know that ! I read castration and got a Bruce Jenner feeling in my groin.. LOL !!!!

Godfather.

Interesting to know you have feelings for Bruce Jenner and not Caitlin Jenner in your groin!!
    he can change his name, add tit's and even remove his junk but he will always be a male.

Godfather.

Wrong.
    btw how does feel to believe something so strongly without scientific backing ? no jab intended.

Godfather.

You are out of your league here. Proof on something like this isn't even a possibility. Evidence could be presented, but would you know anything about it's accuracy or relevance?

What scientific backing do you have to make your assertion? What is it that makes a person a man, exactly?
    The reproductive organs he was born with.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,394
    In my opinion, people who are pedophiles are like animals that prey on the weak or powerless.

They direct their desire towards children because they don't feel able to direct their desire towards another adult. Abuse is always something like this. Weak people prey on people they think are even weaker than themselves.

That's my big picture observation about pedophiles. UGH!!!!!!!!!!

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Animals prey on the lesser (and even sometimes the greater) for survival.

Sorry if I didn't get your point, but the comparison went by me.
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,394
    hedonist said:

You don't see that some people prey on children because they are small and powerless? I'm surprised you don't see how that's related!

Children have the disadvantage that they are physically small. Bad people take advantage of that. Children wouldn't be preyed on as they are if they were full-sized to begin with. (IMHO)

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options

rgambs said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

yah, I don't think so
    Ok,

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

Wrong.

Godfather.

And if born with both, or none?
  • Options
    rgambs said:

rgambs said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

yah, I don't think so
    Ok,

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

Wrong.

Godfather.

Unique cases.

Bruce Jenner was born without male genitalia or with female reproductive organs?
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    justam said:

hedonist said:

You don't see that some people prey on children because they are small and powerless? I'm surprised you don't see how that's related!

Children have the disadvantage that they are physically small. Bad people take advantage of that. Children wouldn't be preyed on as they are if they were full-sized to begin with. (IMHO)

No worries (although, what about little people or whatever the PC term is, who are adults, or adults who are mentally impaired?). I just see it differently.
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    rgambs said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

yah, I don't think so
    Ok,

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

Wrong.

Godfather.

really ?????? well lets start with the simple stuff like reproduction. Lets see a man do that, the Chemical and physical difference's.....man ! out of my league ?

Godfather.

• Options

rgambs said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

yah, I don't think so
    Ok,

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

Wrong.

Godfather.

really ?????? well lets start with the simple stuff like reproduction. Lets see a man do that, the Chemical and physical difference's.....man ! out of my league ?

Godfather.

Yes, out of your league. Men do reproduce, obviously.

• Options
    edited October 2015

rgambs said:

rgambs said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

yah, I don't think so
    Ok,

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

Wrong.

Godfather.

Unique cases.

Bruce Jenner was born without male genitalia or with female reproductive organs?
    Not as unique as you think.
    If genitalia can't be used (they can't) to divide people into 2 sexes, then what does?
    Next you might say "Y chromosome", and I will point out that 1 in 500 people are born with an XXY chromosomal configuration.

The point is that sex and gender are not equal concepts, and neither are they concrete. In a colloquial sense, maybe, but in a scientific or medical sense, it is not so simple.
    Post edited by rgambs on
  • Options
    rgambs said:

rgambs said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

yah, I don't think so
    Ok,

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

Wrong.

Godfather.

Godfather.

your just reaching for something that is not there, dumping a load does not constitute giving birth.

Godfather.
  • Options

rgambs said:

rgambs said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

yah, I don't think so
    Ok,

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

Wrong.

Godfather.

Godfather.

your just reaching for something that is not there, dumping a load does not constitute giving birth.

Godfather.
    I didn't suggest dumping a load constitutes giving birth. Sexual reproduction requires 2 sets of DNA, and the roles of the DNA donors varies among species.
    The reason you are out of your league is because you invoked medical science to back up an opinion which is entirely devoid of a background knowledge of medical science.

If you can't express your ideas in valid terminology, their merit is irrelevant, they will be fundamentally misunderstood.
  • Options
    rgambs said:

rgambs said:

rgambs said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

yah, I don't think so
    Ok,

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

Wrong.

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.
    I didn't suggest dumping a load constitutes giving birth. Sexual reproduction requires 2 sets of DNA, and the roles of the DNA donors varies among species.
    The reason you are out of your league is because you invoked medical science to back up an opinion which is entirely devoid of a background knowledge of medical science.

If you can't express your ideas in valid terminology, their merit is irrelevant, they will be fundamentally misunderstood.
    .....? well I'll just go on knowing I'm right and you know it too.

Godfather.

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,855

No we cant agree.

Leave it to me to decide who and what I will or wont remember, ok? Thanks.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:

No we cant agree.

Your syntax clearly states that you will forever remember this sick fuck then?
    Or am I wrong.
    Jeesh, lighten up Francis.
    I am quite certain that this fogle fuck won't be in your mind for very long once he's locked up.
    He's like OJ.
    Only remembered when he is in the news.
    Do you disagree with this syntax?
  • Options
    edited October 2015

mickeyrat said:

No we cant agree.

Your syntax clearly states that you will forever remember this sick fuck then?
    Or am I wrong.
    Jeesh, lighten up Francis.
    I am quite certain that this fogle fuck won't be in your mind for very long once he's locked up.
    He's like OJ.
    Only remembered when he is in the news.
    Do you disagree with this syntax?
    Old guy ,never knew his name, convinced the parents of my little sisters friend to pimp her out to him for at least molestation. She in turn groomed my sister that as well. She was 8. He died midtrial.

I still remember.

Chester A. Harris raped and beat her 5 ft from her front door in 1987 when she was 14. Hung jury trial. She was found dead by overdose Jan 26 1988. Month and a couple weeks before her 16th birthday. He eventually did 6 months on a plea deal and was clear of it by new years day 1989. He was found dead by gunshot to the stomach in an alley the evening of Aug 2 2006.

I STILL REMEMBER.

Hows THAT for syntax.

So again, I will decide what I will or wont remember.
    Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    edited October 2015

^^^^
    The syntax of yourself and dankind presented to me is not computing in my brain.
    I don't understand how you both are in agreement that what I wrote is not what I meant and continue to say that what I said is not correct.
    This is about the POS subway guy and I think that after his sentence to jail he will be forgotten about as he won't be in headlines, news, amt and the like.
    Subway franchise will rebound from this bruise. The organization is not to blame on this one.
    It is the POS fogle guy who deserves to be forgotten.
    If this syntax does not compute with you two then we should cease transmissions.

TBH, when this whole Jared thing hit the news I went to a Subway for the first time in ages. It actually reminded me that it existed and suddenly I had a craving for a Turkey bacon sub with avocado. It was good. Jared is a sicko creep. I do not believe that Subway is in any way okay with what he did. I am sure there were people in the company's scrambling to do damage control because that is their job. I see no reason to boycott Subway (not that I'm advocating for them either... that sub was pretty good, but I feel that the sandwich artists who can actually build a sandwich well are few and far between. Most of them make a sandwich like they have never actually eaten one in their entire lives).
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
  • Options

• Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828
    mickeyrat said:
    mickey, thanks for posting this interesting article. While they may well be correct that Germany is the only first world country whose legal system permits therapists to provide complete confidentiality in this circumstance, they aren't quite correct when they say that such treatment is not available anywhere else (although certainly not in such a widespread way). There is a sexual disorders clinic in Ottawa that has a robust voluntary treatment program for pedophiles that provides treatment to those who don't have criminal charges (whereas most of the other treatment programs in this country only provide treatment to those with criminal charges), some of whom may not have offended and some of whom probably have even if they haven't been caught. Some do indeed come forward willingly for treatment despite no guarantee of confidentiality. The focus is simply on prevention of future offending.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    ^^^
    Well fuck that.
    If someone came to me and said they have pedophile urges I would detain them and call the police.
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828

^^^
    Well fuck that.
    If someone came to me and said they have pedophile urges I would detain them and call the police.

Well, I'm glad you're not in charge of treating people to prevent future sexual offending, then.

What would the police do? So far, just thinking about something is not a crime.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited October 2015

^^^
    Well fuck that.

Well, I'm glad you're not in charge of treating people to prevent future sexual offending, then.

What would the police do? So far, just thinking about something is not a crime.
    They would ascertain that all levels of the judicial system are made aware of that individual.
    Can't have a secret society of pedos running around in thoughts.