Options

Jared the sandwich guy ?

Comments

• Options

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

all roads of criminal intent led to the death penalty......wow ! I'm reading some of your comments about this guy and I think back, is this the same group that stood so tall and mighty against the death penalty ? revenge killing is now O.K. ? the human mind and emotion are so fragile and yet so capable of killing...ohhhhh the horror of it all ! LOL !!!!!!!!

Godfather.

Who are you referring to, GF??
    no body particularly, I just remember a somewhat heated discussion about the death penalty and some of the train members kept calling it "revenge killing" and stating that there is no reason to kill another human being and now that this sandwich guy got busted for child rape or abuse it sounds like people want him dead, I am not saying I agree or disagree, just thinking back on another thread it seems that maybe (or not) some of the train members have experienced enough anger over the sandwich guy and others like him that their thirst for blood has come to the surface, I've always thought everybody has a thirst for blood (reason to kill or ask for the death of another) given the right circumstance's.

Godfather.

I am not sure you are talking about, and I don't keep a spreadsheet showing who is against the death penalty and if what they say elssewhere might contradict that opinion. All I know is that I am one of those people who opposes the death penalty, and would never advocate death as a punishment in any case, including that perv Jared Fogle, and I 100% do not have a thirst for blood, so your thought is wrong.
    yah, I don't think so
    If it was one of your kids he had his way with I am sure you may just get a little thirsty.
    Wouldn't want to be wrong on this opinion.
    No, that is not how I roll. Not everyone turns to violence.
    Ok,
    So honestly can you please state what you personally feel his punishment should be?
    Forget our laws, justice system et al.
    What do you want done with this guy?
    Prison and chemical castration.
    violence comes in many forms, your words can create violence and chemical castration ?....ouch !
    you're absolutely right not everybody turns to violence but many of them are very capable of creating violence, BTW castration does not remove the desire's of sexual pleasure, a freak without a penis is still a freak who can not control his urges and desires and will still commit sexual crimes...I recommend a lobotomy, the brain is key here.
    the fact that you recommend castration displays a need for violence, your move.

Godfather.

Do you know what chemical castration means? It's a non-specific term referring to the use of a variety of different anti-androgen medications to reduce sex drive and sexual function. It doesn't refer to removing the penis, or any organ at all. It's not perfect, of course, but in fact does reduce "urges and desires" and thereby reduces sexual reoffending. It is also reversible once the medication is stopped. I don't see where the violence is here, any more than if someone were taking insulin for diabetes.
    Can we at least use a slingshot to get the pill in his mouth.

Give us cavemen lusting for blood something. Come on, man.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

all roads of criminal intent led to the death penalty......wow ! I'm reading some of your comments about this guy and I think back, is this the same group that stood so tall and mighty against the death penalty ? revenge killing is now O.K. ? the human mind and emotion are so fragile and yet so capable of killing...ohhhhh the horror of it all ! LOL !!!!!!!!

Godfather.

no body particularly, I just remember a somewhat heated discussion about the death penalty and some of the train members kept calling it "revenge killing" and stating that there is no reason to kill another human being and now that this sandwich guy got busted for child rape or abuse it sounds like people want him dead, I am not saying I agree or disagree, just thinking back on another thread it seems that maybe (or not) some of the train members have experienced enough anger over the sandwich guy and others like him that their thirst for blood has come to the surface, I've always thought everybody has a thirst for blood (reason to kill or ask for the death of another) given the right circumstance's.

Godfather.

I am not sure you are talking about, and I don't keep a spreadsheet showing who is against the death penalty and if what they say elssewhere might contradict that opinion. All I know is that I am one of those people who opposes the death penalty, and would never advocate death as a punishment in any case, including that perv Jared Fogle, and I 100% do not have a thirst for blood, so your thought is wrong.
    yah, I don't think so
    If it was one of your kids he had his way with I am sure you may just get a little thirsty.
    Ok,
    So honestly can you please state what you personally feel his punishment should be?
    violence comes in many forms, your words can create violence and chemical castration ?....ouch !
    you're absolutely right not everybody turns to violence but many of them are very capable of creating violence, BTW castration does not remove the desire's of sexual pleasure, a freak without a penis is still a freak who can not control his urges and desires and will still commit sexual crimes...I recommend a lobotomy, the brain is key here.

Godfather.

Do you know what chemical castration means? It's a non-specific term referring to the use of a variety of different anti-androgen medications to reduce sex drive and sexual function. It doesn't refer to removing the penis, or any organ at all. It's not perfect, of course, but in fact does reduce "urges and desires" and thereby reduces sexual reoffending. It is also reversible once the medication is stopped. I don't see where the violence is here, any more than if someone were taking insulin for diabetes.
    did not know that ! I read castration and got a Bruce Jenner feeling in my groin.. LOL !!!!

Godfather.

• Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,576

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

yah, I don't think so
    Ok,

Godfather.

did not know that ! I read castration and got a Bruce Jenner feeling in my groin.. LOL !!!!

Godfather.

Interesting to know you have feelings for Bruce Jenner and not Caitlin Jenner in your groin!!
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,683
    edited October 2015

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

yah, I don't think so
    Ok,

Godfather.

I said chemical castration. I didn't say they their penis should be cut off, lol. That's not even castration. I'm not sure what the technical term is for cutting off a penis, but it certainly isn't castration, which would be cutting off the nuts. Chemical means nothing is cut off. Giving someone medication to help prevent them from being dangerous is not violence. I don't understand how you can say that it is with a straight face (actually it looks like you don't even know what chemical castration is, so.....).
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,844
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

yah, I don't think so
    Ok,

Godfather.

I said chemical castration. I didn't say they their penis should be cut off, lol. That's not even castration. I'm not sure what the technical term is for cutting off a penis, but it certainly isn't castration, which would be cutting off the nuts. Chemical means nothing is cut off. Giving someone medication to help prevent them from being dangerous is not violence. I don't understand how you can say that it is with a straight face (actually it looks like you don't even know what chemical castration is, so.....).
    You want to know what removal of the penis is called? Yup, it's called a penectomy. Totally different from castration, which is defined as the removal of the testes (or ovaries, although rarely used in this context).
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

yah, I don't think so
    Ok,

Godfather.

Well, there can be some unpleasant side effects, and some medications are given by injection. That satisfy you?
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

yah, I don't think so
    Ok,

Godfather.

Well, there can be some unpleasant side effects, and some medications are given by injection. That satisfy you?
    Sigh.

I guess it'll have to do given a faction of our society is so lenient on adults that screw children.
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

yah, I don't think so
    Ok,

Godfather.

Sigh.

I guess it'll have to do given a faction of our society is so lenient on adults that screw children.
    It isn't actually meant to be part of the punishment; it's part of the treatment. By Canadian law, an offender can't be forced to accept this or any other medication as part of a criminal sentence. Does it help at all to know it can be quite effective?
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited December 2015

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

yah, I don't think so
    Ok,

Godfather.

Sigh.

Does it help at all to know it can be quite effective?
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

yah, I don't think so
    Ok,

Godfather.

Sigh.

It isn't actually meant to be part of the punishment; it's part of the treatment. By Canadian law, an offender can't be forced to accept this or any other medication as part of a criminal sentence. Does it help at all to know it can be quite effective?
    Not really.

The prick has already tainted young, innocent lives in irreparable fashion. What are we trying to do? Rehabilitate him so that he can get out into the community and lead a normal life having sex with adults?

I'm not the forgiving type with some things. 'Sorry' doesn't cut it in certain situations. Adults harming children is one of those situations. But don't worry... people like me don't call the shots- so pedophiles can rest easy.
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

yah, I don't think so
    Ok,

Godfather.

Godfather.

Interesting to know you have feelings for Bruce Jenner and not Caitlin Jenner in your groin!!
    he can change his name, add tit's and even remove his junk but he will always be a male.

Godfather.

• Options
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

yah, I don't think so
    Ok,

Godfather.

LOL !!!!!! sorry for that misunderstanding, I didn't realize that chemical castration removed the desire for sex......come to think of it I had never even heard of chemical castration...those two words together conger up visions of 16th century torture with a barrel of vinegar or some kind of nasty acid.

Godfather.
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

yah, I don't think so
    Ok,

Godfather.

You want to know what removal of the penis is called? Yup, it's called a penectomy. Totally different from castration, which is defined as the removal of the testes (or ovaries, although rarely used in this context).
    OHHHHH MAN ! just stop it !!!! I'm getting ill and salivating .....I'm going to vomit.

Godfather.
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,576

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

yah, I don't think so
    Ok,

Godfather.

Godfather.

he can change his name, add tit's and even remove his junk but he will always be a male.

Godfather.

The 1950s called they want their beliefs back
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

yah, I don't think so
    Ok,

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

The 1950s called they want their beliefs back
    HAHHAHHAHHAH seriously ? it's not a belief man it's as some of you keep referring to as "scientific fact" a belief is believing that a man can be a woman....a man can act like a woman dress like a woman, remove his junk, shave his legs and put on lip stick but he'll NEVER be a woman no matter what... period ! try proving that wrong amigo.

Godfather.

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,030

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

yah, I don't think so
    Ok,

Godfather.

Sigh.

Not really.

The prick has already tainted young, innocent lives in irreparable fashion. What are we trying to do? Rehabilitate him so that he can get out into the community and lead a normal life having sex with adults?

I'm not the forgiving type with some things. 'Sorry' doesn't cut it in certain situations. Adults harming children is one of those situations. But don't worry... people like me don't call the shots- so pedophiles can rest easy.
    so what else is an unrepayable debt to society? Isnt that "supposed" to be the point of prison? to repay that debt to society?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    How do you repay serial murder or mass murder?

Prison suffices for most crimes, but not for some in my mind.

Leave kids alone, man. And if you can't... then be prepared for outrage.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I wouldn't even call these acts - abduction, torture, rape, sodomizing, doing god knows what else to a child (to anyone, really) - a debt.

Debt is our mortgage.

Gotta be a better term for such depravity?
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    Yeah, I'm not a big fan of the "paid their debt to society" notion when referring to a sentence in prison having been served. What they have done is completed the punishment of being incarcerated. There is no way that serving a prison sentence has paid any debt to the kids, the families or society who may have to deal with picking up the pieces of broken lives well past the length of the pedophile's sentence. No mercy and no pity from me when it comes to pedophiles.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,683

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

yah, I don't think so
    Ok,

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

Wrong.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Well whatever his sentence is in November I'm sure we can all agree that he will be forgotten forever after that day.
  • Options
    jeffbr said:

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of the "paid their debt to society" notion when referring to a sentence in prison having been served. What they have done is completed the punishment of being incarcerated. There is no way that serving a prison sentence has paid any debt to the kids, the families or society who may have to deal with picking up the pieces of broken lives well past the length of the pedophile's sentence. No mercy and no pity from me when it comes to pedophiles.

Many inmates will agree with you too.
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827

Well whatever his sentence is in November I'm sure we can all agree that he will be forgotten forever after that day.

Yup, I'm sure that the children he sodomized will forget about him after that.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:

No they won't.
    I said "we" will forget about him.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Actually, there are a shit-ton of Subway commercials here, and I think of him and what he did every time one runs.

And I'm sure his release (maybe prior to the 12-ish years sentenced?) will open many wounds for those he fucked with. And their parents.
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited December 2015
    hedonist said:

Actually, there are a shit-ton of Subway commercials here, and I think of him and what he did every time one runs.

And I'm sure his release (maybe prior to the 12-ish years sentenced?) will open many wounds for those he fucked with. And their parents.

Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

yah, I don't think so
    Ok,

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

Wrong.
    please prove that, scientifically...medically ?
    btw how does feel to believe something so strongly without scientific backing ? no jab intended.

Godfather.

• Options

dankind said:

No they won't.
    You didn't. But thanks for clarifying.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:

dankind said:

No they won't.
    ?
  • Options

dankind said:

dankind said:

No they won't.
    ?
    I'm sorry. Is English not your first language? I can understand how maybe a nonnative speaker/writer might believe that "... I'm sure we can all agree that he will be forgotten forever ..." means the same thing as "'we' will forget about him," but it does not. The syntax is wrong.

Again, thank you for clarifying what you meant to write. It's important that we are understood, especially if/when language barriers are getting in the way. And even if language is not the barrier, it happens to all of us -- even yours truly.

For instance, I'm often misunderstood on these forums for being serious when I'm just kidding or being sarcastic. Hell, it happened to me just a few days ago. For those cases, my guess is that using the smileys would've helped me to be better understood -- or maybe even going so far as to add parentheses that say "just kidding" or "sarcasm."

Having said all that, let's get back to your contention regarding Jared Fogle and our collective memories (or lack thereof). If the "we" to which you were referring means other posters on AMT, hedonist has already stated her opinions to the contrary. As for myself, I will never eat another sandwich from Subway. Reason: Jared Fogle (and the company's failure to terminate his contract when it had caught wind of his deplorable acts). Put me down as another who will never forget.
    I SAW PEARL JAM