Options

Do You Think Deep Down, Americans Are Concerned That Donald Trump May Actually Win?

Comments

• Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,179
    I am American - No

Well Train.
    How does everyone poll now?

probably the same.

he has an easy path to the nomination, but the electoral college still does not favor him.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    I am American - Yes
    If he wins the nomination - The line forms for skeletons to begin falling out of the Trump Tower closets. Can only imagine the slime ball crap this guy has been involved in.
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,760
    Definitely still not worried Trump will make president but also still very concerned that there are as many Trump supporters in this country as there are. Shakin' my head...
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    I am American - Yes
    Judging the polls right now, after next Tuesday the GOP nominee will be an actual living, breathing, clown bully.

Who'd a thunk?
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,315
    Jason P said:

Judging the polls right now, after next Tuesday the GOP nominee will be an actual living, breathing, clown bully.

Who'd a thunk?

He's gonna bring back bullying to school curriculum it's all part of making America great again !!
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    I am American - Yes
    I voted "yes" because I think that some people are concerned. But that's only because of his name recognition. There were reasons to be concerned about Obama too but nobody ever heard of him before he ran so many people just voted and hoped for the best.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    I am American - Yes
    Also, that was ridiculous that the last Trump thread was closed. Even if the First Lady was being "bashed", she's a public figure. That's different than users on the forum bashing each other.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options

Also, that was ridiculous that the last Trump thread was closed. Even if the First Lady was being "bashed", she's a public figure. That's different than users on the forum bashing each other.

Agreed
  • Options
    brianlux said:

Definitely still not worried Trump will make president but also still very concerned that there are as many Trump supporters in this country as there are. Shakin' my head...

Are you really surprised?

There are many people who are not happy with the direction this country is going.
    There are many people who are fed up with "Politics as Usual"
    There are many people looking for a drastic change of ANY KIND.

And that drastic change that they have seemed to accept, is called TRUMP.

Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    I am American - No

I totally disagree. Some posters have been allowed to spout openly racist and sexist bull for too long. If you have a legitimate criticism of something a public figure has said or done, then by all means lay it bare in as bold and brash of a way as you so choose, but if you are just making sexist and racist rants without a willingness to even discuss any real issues, you are simply spreading nastiness and it shouldn't have to be tolerated.
    I don't care about nastiness in relation to a real dialogue, we are adults and we should be able to handle it, but refusing to tackle iasues with real discourse is bull bird trolling. It should be eliminated.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    I am American - Yes
    rgambs said:

I totally disagree. Some posters have been allowed to spout openly racist and sexist bull for too long. If you have a legitimate criticism of something a public figure has said or done, then by all means lay it bare in as bold and brash of a way as you so choose, but if you are just making sexist and racist rants without a willingness to even discuss any real issues, you are simply spreading nastiness and it shouldn't have to be tolerated.
    I don't care about nastiness in relation to a real dialogue, we are adults and we should be able to handle it, but refusing to tackle iasues with real discourse is bull bird trolling. It should be eliminated.
    I agree with this. And if there was racist or sexist bull, I think that a thread should be closed. But it all seemed pretty harmless. Yesterday, I had a little back and forth with the same user that posted the Michelle pics. I said that, compared to Trump, Barack presents himself well. That user responded by posting a picture of Barack smoking a cigarette....that made no sense.....much like his pictures of Michelle made no sense. But even though they made no sense, there didn't seem to be any malice behind them. Maybe it was the moderators way of nipping something in the butt before malice started. Or maybe the moderates are just against people posting pictures as their responses to comments (I'm with them on that). But to close down a 90-page thread because a few posts veered off into "google image picture-posting time" seems unnecessary.

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    I am American - No
    I don't get this beef with direction country is going. Economy much better after 8 years. Taxes haven't gone up. More humans are going to the dr. We have less troops in war zone. Equality for gays. What's this direction?!?!?
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    sodom and gomorah... just a true example lol
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,816
    edited February 2016
    How long will it take before the $20 trillion that we are in debt, catches up to us, and sends our economy in the tank?

Post edited by SPEEDY MCCREADY on
  • Options
    rgambs said:

There is truth to this. A lot of it actually.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,626
    edited February 2016
    No
    callen said:

I don't get this beef with direction country is going. Economy much better after 8 years. Taxes haven't gone up. More humans are going to the dr. We have less troops in war zone. Equality for gays. What's this direction?!?!?

Yeah, I don't get it either.

Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options

How long will it take before the $20 trillion that we are in debt, catches up to us, and sends our economy in the tank?

We can just leave this mess to our kids ...
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

callen said:

Well, its not to difficult to understand why there are many people here in America that are not too happy with the direction this nation is heading. We are trillions in debt, with no real answer with how to get out. People talk about all the jobs that have been created, yet there are record numbers of people living on food stamps. What types of jobs have really been created? Are these jobs with livable wages? And when I look at the unemployment rate, I wonder just how many people have left the workforce? Are Americans that better off? I don't know. Again, how long before our national debt cripples the economy?

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,626
    edited February 2016
    No

PJ_Soul said:

callen said:

Well, its not to difficult to understand why there are many people here in America that are not too happy with the direction this nation is heading. We are trillions in debt, with no real answer with how to get out. People talk about all the jobs that have been created, yet there are record numbers of people living on food stamps. What types of jobs have really been created? Are these jobs with livable wages? And when I look at the unemployment rate, I wonder just how many people have left the workforce? Are Americans that better off? I don't know. Again, how long before our national debt cripples the economy?

Well yes, there are plenty of issues that need to be worked on, but I don't get why people think things are so much worse than they were before Obama, because they aren't as far as I can tell. You could have asked how long before the national debt cripples the economy 8 years ago too. You could also say that the national debt is what it is because of military spending, which seems to be something that Republicans love.... I think the point is that Republicans really seem to be irrationally blaming Obama for stuff and seem to think that a Republican president can fix what they're wrongfully blaming on him, which is, of course, crazy. American has not gone to hell in a hand basket, there have been noted improvements in terms of the economy (a pretty impressive recovery, actually), and the US economy certainly hasn't gotten worse since Bush.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    I am American - No

We've been riding that runaway train for a long time. The scale of it just keeps getting bigger. The sad thing is, our economy will drag a lot of others down with it. Who was the last President that wanted to take on the Federal Reserve? Was it Kennedy?
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,989
    I am American - No

PJ_Soul said:

callen said:

And the solutions to these problems get destroyed by the GOP congress

1. Raise the minimum wage....why should we pay for food stamps while Wal Mart makes billions by paying their workers shit?
    2. Increase taxes on the wealthy to help pay down the debt
    3. Stop blowing up brown people to help pay down the debt
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,937
    I am American - No
    Not a good night for the Donald so far in this debate.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Yeah, Jimmy, I just couldn't watch it.

(to quote Reznor - I tried, I gave up)
  • Options
    I am American - No
    This is a glorious train wreck.

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    JimmyV said:

The debate, or here?
    =)
  • Options
    I am American - No
    hedonist said:

JimmyV said:

The debate, or here?
    =)
    I'll never tell. :wink:

• Options
    usamamasan1usamamasan1 Posts: 4,695
    No
    bring bullying back to school curriculum?
    I have dealt with bullies before. I see the pack in this forum attack and bully those who aren't in the clique. Bunch of bullies.

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,760
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    I am American - No
    brianlux said:

Haha, that train likely has an interesting lounge car.
  • Options
    usamamasan1usamamasan1 Posts: 4,695
    No
    Gold plated