Options

Do You Think Deep Down, Americans Are Concerned That Donald Trump May Actually Win?

PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
edited February 2016 in A Moving Train
How do you feel?

Do You Think Deep Down, Americans Are Concerned That Donald Trump May Actually Win? 112 votes

Yes
6%
ryph raphNamij1kotwicNevermind90BLACK35joanmariecydonia 7 votes
No
10%
usamamasan1fifeblueandwhiteMalrothSpagsPJ_SoulTalonTeddReleaseMeAafkebdoyle13JustaPJFanJasminella 12 votes
I am American - Yes
24%
CServantmcgruff10blacknapkinsletsongsprotestSomethingCreativeLedbetterman10Jason PTHE LOOKmfc2006WobbiedavidtriosTL170678red518irishPrince Of DorknessFrankieGBoxes&BooksGodfather.lcusickjeff2040lizabelle1217 27 votes
I am American - No
58%
KatBinFrogcincybearcatgimmesometruth27E.KjeffbrmookeywrenchJaneNYrobbie2-feign-reluctanceDriftingByTheStormLondon BridgeidvedderMayDay10bootlegger10my2handsEnkidua5pjcallenmarkymark550 66 votes
Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on

Comments

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,887
    I am American - No
    You win the presidency by winning over independents. There is no worry that Trump can or will do that.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,703
    he wont listen to anyone.. It will implode sooner rather than later. This deal with Univision suggests so.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    Not a snowball's chance in hell. I think even the people that claim to like him wouldn't vote for him. I'm hearing "he's a great business man, but president???"
  • Options
    I am American - No
    No chance. However, Trump's antics will be entertaining and cringe-worthy at the same time in the Republican Debates.

• Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    Hiring actors with you to announce your running is a sign you will NEVER win. Oh, and that whole 3 bankruptcy thing thanks to this little research tool called Google Search. A left of Atilla candidate like Rand will easily devour him.
  • Options
    I am American - No
    He will drop out of the race before the super Tuesday primaries. Bank on it.

• Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    JimmyV said:

He will drop out of the race before the super Tuesday primaries. Bank on it.

100%
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I'm just looking forward to the debates.

There's gonna be a drinking / smoking game in there somewhere.
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,104
    I am American - No
    No. I was 9 then and don't remember much about it, but I'm equating Trump with Ross Perot running in 1992. Just seems like 2 rich businessmen who want attention and think politics is the best option.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,685
    edited June 2015
    Edit: Just realized I answered a different question, haha. Shouldn't stay up so late.

Do I think Americans deep down are concerned that Donald Trump may actually win? Not at all. A few maybe. To have that fear I would think someone would probably need to be politically uniformed, very gullible or mildly paranoid.
    Post edited by brianlux on
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,286
    brianlux said:

Edit: Just realized I answered a different question, haha. Shouldn't stay up so late.

Do I think Americans deep down are concerned that Donald Trump may actually win? Not at all. A few maybe. To have that fear I would think someone would probably need to be politically uniformed, very gullible or mildly paranoid.

With this last paragraph you just described a couple of posters that use to post & still post here lol ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    I am American - No
    brianlux said:

Wouldn't that make them a Tea Party conservative?
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013
    Well if one phony can fool people for 6.5 years running, why can't this rich con man do it too??
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    I am American - No
    muskydan said:

Well if one phony can fool people for 6.5 years running, why can't this rich con man do it too??

Lack of control over what comes out of his mouth.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    I am American - No
    I don't think he even thinks he can win, which he can't. You watch, a new reality show or TV show will come from this. It's all publicity for another project he wants to do. Who makes such a retarded announcement anyways. That whole, 'I'm sure there as some good law abiding Mexicans in this country' just proved either he is an idiot or went for ratings. That would imply he doesn't think he thought he has ever met a good Mexican-American and all he met are murdering rapists as he so eloquently said. What a d-bag that should be ran out of this country rather than running for president.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    I am American - Yes
    this poll and all the talk in the media tells me people are worried that he could win.....but that will never happen, I agree that he will drop out.

Godfather.
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    I am American - Yes
    muskydan said:

quote-"the biggect hoax ever played on the American people"
    we just never know, do think it could come down to Jeb Bush and the Don o monster ?

Godfather.

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    edited June 2015
    No
    The man has no self-control when it comes to running his mouth. He will bury himself handily.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,937
    I'd bet any amount of money that Donald Trump entered this 'race' for one reason, and he's already won that race: it's a race to the front page of your local newspaper or preferred news site of choice. The country with the world's greatest distribution in wealth does not ned to worry about someone from the 0.1% winning anything that matters.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    I am American - No
    If the crazy wing of the GOP were ever able to get Trump nominated - which they cannot and will not, but if - it might be just the thing to finally get a third party legitimized in this country. Trump would carry the crazy vote but commonsensical and moderate Republicans would recoil in horror and look for an alternative. Very few of these people would be willing to support Hillary Clinton. Some would simply stay home. Others would look around. In particular a Libertarian candidate would provide a tempting choice. A Green probably lesser so but not out of the question. Essentially anyone would be better than Trump.

• Options
    edited June 2015
    I am American - No
    NBC just kicked this jackass to the curb. The Donald has become the fired.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/nbc-cuts-ties-donald-trump-805706?utm_source=twitter
    Post edited by JimmyV on

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    edited June 2015
    No
    NBC and Univision also dropped the Miss USA and Miss Universe broadcasts because of his idiotic comments. Now he's trying to say he wasn't just talking about Mexicans. He meant his comment to apply to all other immigrant groups! See, it's not so bad now. :lol: Of course, it's all on video and we all know he was talking about Mexicans specifically... although I'm sure he does feel the same about other non-white immigrants as well. So of course Trump is now suing NBC and Univision for pulling Miss USA. Oh my god, I am so glad this guy is running. image
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,422
    edited June 2015
    PJ_Soul said:

. Oh my god, I am so glad this guy is running. image

So are the comedians>LOL

• Options
    OceanInDisguise13OceanInDisguise13 Behind the sun Posts: 919
    I am American - No
    Naaah, he doesn't stand a chance lol
    I wish I was an alien at home behind the sun.....
    I wanna race..with the sundown..I want a last breath..I don't let out...
  • Options
    lazlobluelazloblue Houston Posts: 738
    I am American - No
    Thankfully, Not a chance. He is offensive and "Most" Americans will shun him.
    Lollapalooza 92, Alpine Valley 11, De Luna 12, Wrigley/Pittsburgh/Dallas/OKC 13, Tulsa/Denver 14, Global 15, Wrigley 1/2 16
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,286
    I'm more afraid of the people that would vote for this creep than him actually winning it ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
    I am American - Yes
    There are a lot of not-so-bright people in this country who have ass backward views and opinions. This is why I'm scared.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,685
    rollings said:

There are a lot of not-so-bright people in this country who have ass backward views and opinions. This is why I'm scared.

Exactly, rollings. The fact that Trump and Jeb Bush are a) in the race for the presidency and b) running neck and neck is evidence enough of the death of intellectualism in America. No, just make that plain intelligence. In fact, even just simple common sense.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    I am American - No
    The intellect isn't getting worse I don't believe. Countries been changing big time and it's really challenging many views on reality so they are just very emotional and Trumps just playing the game.

Look how far we 'be progressed in last 30 years. Bitch for typical Trump supporter.

Only fear is allowing prejudice to pit otherwise good people against the perceived other tribes within the US.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    ShawshankShawshank Posts: 1,018
    He's not as backward thinking as you'd be led to believe.

He's for restructuring the Republican rape job of Obamacare to make it more affordable.

For making sure people who cant afford insurance are able to get coverage.

For eliminating state line restrictions on insurance so that competition increases and will likely reduce premiums.

For making LEGAL immigration easier and less restrictive.

For eliminating loopholes that allow corporations to avoid taxes offshore.

For giving corporate incentives that would keep manufacturing and jobs here in the U.S.

For penalizing corporations through taxation who move manufacturing (i.e. jobs) out of the U.S.

He's nowhere near the most right-wing candidate.