Options

Do You Think Deep Down, Americans Are Concerned That Donald Trump May Actually Win?

Comments

• Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    I am American - No

rgambs said:

Also, that was ridiculous that the last Trump thread was closed. Even if the First Lady was being "bashed", she's a public figure. That's different than users on the forum bashing each other.

I totally disagree. Some posters have been allowed to spout openly racist and sexist bull for too long. If you have a legitimate criticism of something a public figure has said or done, then by all means lay it bare in as bold and brash of a way as you so choose, but if you are just making sexist and racist rants without a willingness to even discuss any real issues, you are simply spreading nastiness and it shouldn't have to be tolerated.
    I don't care about nastiness in relation to a real dialogue, we are adults and we should be able to handle it, but refusing to tackle iasues with real discourse is bull bird trolling. It should be eliminated.
    There is truth to this. A lot of it actually.
    Thank you.
    You know as well as anyone I can match anyone's agression and intesity on here, but it is always in defense of a firmly held opinion which I am constantly trying to defend with reason, logic, and passion.

That's debate, and that's how we exchange ideas that can be difficult to accept. It is very much different than hurling insults and refusing to back the insults up with anything of substance.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,718
    rgambs said:

rgambs said:

Also, that was ridiculous that the last Trump thread was closed. Even if the First Lady was being "bashed", she's a public figure. That's different than users on the forum bashing each other.

I totally disagree. Some posters have been allowed to spout openly racist and sexist bull for too long. If you have a legitimate criticism of something a public figure has said or done, then by all means lay it bare in as bold and brash of a way as you so choose, but if you are just making sexist and racist rants without a willingness to even discuss any real issues, you are simply spreading nastiness and it shouldn't have to be tolerated.
    I don't care about nastiness in relation to a real dialogue, we are adults and we should be able to handle it, but refusing to tackle iasues with real discourse is bull bird trolling. It should be eliminated.
    There is truth to this. A lot of it actually.
    Thank you.
    You know as well as anyone I can match anyone's agression and intesity on here, but it is always in defense of a firmly held opinion which I am constantly trying to defend with reason, logic, and passion.

That's debate, and that's how we exchange ideas that can be difficult to accept. It is very much different than hurling insults and refusing to back the insults up with anything of substance.
    Well said both time, Mr. Gambs. We all like to joke around here occasionally but when the so-called jests become bating jabs, racial slurs and misogynist bashing, that's when it's time to close the lid on the thread.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    JimmyV said:

Not a good night for the Donald so far in this debate.

And he will probably rise in the polls.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,918
    I am American - No
    dignin said:

JimmyV said:

Not a good night for the Donald so far in this debate.

And he will probably rise in the polls.
    In this election cycle and this GOP...probably.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    I am American - Yes
    Captions please..

Cuban Sandwich with Beef Jerky & Mustard?
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    I am American - No
    Christie endorses Trump. Lame.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,832

the mods don't like female body shaming.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    myoung321 said:

Captions please..

ooh ooh aah aah.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,537
    edited February 2016
    No

Well who else is he supposed to endorse? With Jeb and Christie out of it, Trump is, amazingly, the best option left for the Republicans. Oh my god, that is seriously fucked up!! :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,996
    I am American - No
    PJ_Soul said:

Well who else is he supposed to endorse? With Jeb and Christie out of it, Trump is, amazingly, the best option left for the Republicans. Oh my god, that is seriously fucked up!! :lol:
    Oh my God indeed.

How hard is it to become a citizen of Canada? I love Vancouver. I suppose I could live there.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,918
    I am American - No
    There is zero chance this was done without a quid pro quo so...Attorney General Chris Christie?

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    No
    Enkidu said:

PJ_Soul said:

Oh my God indeed.

How hard is it to become a citizen of Canada? I love Vancouver. I suppose I could live there.
    I don't really know - start by getting yourself a work visa and a job I guess, and go from there!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    I am American - No

How long will it take before the $20 trillion that we are in debt, catches up to us, and sends our economy in the tank?

Fair enough but last 8 years wasn't the start of this.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    I am American - No

PJ_Soul said:

callen said:

I don't get this beef with direction country is going. Economy much better after 8 years. Taxes haven't gone up. More humans are going to the dr. We have less troops in war zone. Equality for gays. What's this direction?!?!?

Yeah, I don't get it either.
    Well, its not to difficult to understand why there are many people here in America that are not too happy with the direction this nation is heading. We are trillions in debt, with no real answer with how to get out. People talk about all the jobs that have been created, yet there are record numbers of people living on food stamps. What types of jobs have really been created? Are these jobs with livable wages? And when I look at the unemployment rate, I wonder just how many people have left the workforce? Are Americans that better off? I don't know. Again, how long before our national debt cripples the economy?

Okay again this trains been heading this way for a loooong while. The real deal is redneck Christians see their truths being questioned and hate it. Anger directed at the poorest and weakest in our country. So convenient. Like illegals with no rights and poor colored people are the problem not big business that out sourced or politicians on the take. Fuck, Trump should be vilified hiring illegals to build his empire but he's freakin smart. And the dummies with they're eyes glazed over eat it up. Humans.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    I am American - No

bring bullying back to school curriculum?
    I have dealt with bullies before. I see the pack in this forum attack and bully those who aren't in the clique. Bunch of bullies.

No, pointing out ignorance is not bullying.
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    I am American - No
    PJ_Soul said:

Enkidu said:

PJ_Soul said:

Oh my God indeed.

I don't really know - start by getting yourself a work visa and a job I guess, and go from there!
    If I didn't hate the cold more than I hate the Donald, I'd be on it.
  • Options
    vancouver is not cold. now, winterpeg, jesus. let's just say everyone south of me has nipple envy.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    I am American - No

vancouver is not cold. now, winterpeg, jesus. let's just say everyone south of me has nipple envy.

I'm in Phoenix. We might have a different definition of cold. Hahaha.
  • Options
    I am American - No

You don't even have a definition for cold, you might think so, but you don't lol
  • Options
    I am American - No
    rgambs said:

You don't even have a definition for cold, you might think so, but you don't lol
    Oh I do. From upstate NY. There's a reason I live in Phoenix and it isn't the political climate.

Sorry to derail a little. I still think Trump gets destroyed in a national election. I won't be voting for him no matter what, so I've really stopped paying attention for now. It's a circus.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    No

PJ_Soul said:

Enkidu said:

PJ_Soul said:

Oh my God indeed.

If I didn't hate the cold more than I hate the Donald, I'd be on it.
    It's not very cold in Vancouver! :) I don't think it even snowed once this year.
  • Options

myoung321 said:

Captions please..

ooh ooh aah aah.
    Are you sure it's not "ooh eeh ooh aah aah"?
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,107
    I am American - No
    callen said:

How long will it take before the $20 trillion that we are in debt, catches up to us, and sends our economy in the tank?

I get very tired of this answer.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    I am American - No

callen said:

I get very tired of this answer.
    Why? Is it not accurate?

Let's pretend Romney was elected. Think we'd have a balanced budget?

I feel we would be deeper in wars with corresponding debt.

Do t get tired but am amused how current candidates talk of all this doom and gloom and all want to wage war with Russia, Muslims and Mexicans. Doesn't add up.

And if you notice Cincy I'm not on the Bernie bandwagon. Why? Because I'm concerned with spending BUT sure as hell rather pay for college than war. .
    Post edited by callen on
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    I am American - No
    brianlux said:

Definitely still not worried Trump will make president but also still very concerned that there are as many Trump supporters in this country as there are. Shakin' my head...

Exactly.
  • Options
    I am American - No

rgambs said:

Oh I do. From upstate NY. There's a reason I live in Phoenix and it isn't the political climate.

Sorry to derail a little. I still think Trump gets destroyed in a national election. I won't be voting for him no matter what, so I've really stopped paying attention for now. It's a circus.
    Fair enough lol
    We lived in Tucson for a bit, we loved it!
  • Options
    A thought just occurred to me. I work in a bookstore retail environment. I see a lot of people every day, week , month. Now this is an honest and factual statement: I have yet to meet one single person who has verbally admitted to me that they are going to vote for Donald Trump.

WTF kind of bubble am I living in? :lol:

• Options
    I am American - No
    brianlux said:

A thought just occurred to me. I work in a bookstore retail environment. I see a lot of people every day, week , month. Now this is an honest and factual statement: I have yet to meet one single person who has verbally admitted to me that they are going to vote for Donald Trump.

I think I posted something similar awhile back in one of the trump threads. I certainly don't live in a liberal hotbed. Where are all these closeted Trump supporters? I don't see them day to day either.
  • Options
    I am American - No
    brianlux said:

The absolute best kind!
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,539
    I am American - No
    callen said:

PJ_Soul said:

callen said:

I don't get this beef with direction country is going. Economy much better after 8 years. Taxes haven't gone up. More humans are going to the dr. We have less troops in war zone. Equality for gays. What's this direction?!?!?

Yeah, I don't get it either.
    Well, its not to difficult to understand why there are many people here in America that are not too happy with the direction this nation is heading. We are trillions in debt, with no real answer with how to get out. People talk about all the jobs that have been created, yet there are record numbers of people living on food stamps. What types of jobs have really been created? Are these jobs with livable wages? And when I look at the unemployment rate, I wonder just how many people have left the workforce? Are Americans that better off? I don't know. Again, how long before our national debt cripples the economy?

Okay again this trains been heading this way for a loooong while. The real deal is redneck Christians see their truths being questioned and hate it. Anger directed at the poorest and weakest in our country. So convenient. Like illegals with no rights and poor colored people are the problem not big business that out sourced or politicians on the take. Fuck, Trump should be vilified hiring illegals to build his empire but he's freakin smart. And the dummies with they're eyes glazed over eat it up. Humans.
    I haven't read the thread page for page but just saw this statement about redneck Christians. Trump is far from a Christian (in my opinion he doesn't care about Christianity) but he is winning the evangelical vote. They want a leader who will bring jobs back, who will fight for the USA in trade deals, and who will protect the USA's borders from those who want borders to disintegrate in North America. They know he isn't going to try to limit their religious rights so they are comfortable with him. They don't expect him to reverse abortion rights, just not continue to the restriction of Christian (and only Christian) religious activity.

Again I haven't read all the posts but if Speedy is trying to say that it is the definition of insanity to keep voting for establishment candidates on either side and expect the debt to decrease, meaningful jobs to come back, etc..... than I agree. They know the establishment doesn't keep their promise so the choice is between bad (establishment) or unknown (Trump).