Options

Do You Think Deep Down, Americans Are Concerned That Donald Trump May Actually Win?

Comments

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,718

callen said:

PJ_Soul said:

callen said:

I don't get this beef with direction country is going. Economy much better after 8 years. Taxes haven't gone up. More humans are going to the dr. We have less troops in war zone. Equality for gays. What's this direction?!?!?

Yeah, I don't get it either.
    Well, its not to difficult to understand why there are many people here in America that are not too happy with the direction this nation is heading. We are trillions in debt, with no real answer with how to get out. People talk about all the jobs that have been created, yet there are record numbers of people living on food stamps. What types of jobs have really been created? Are these jobs with livable wages? And when I look at the unemployment rate, I wonder just how many people have left the workforce? Are Americans that better off? I don't know. Again, how long before our national debt cripples the economy?

Okay again this trains been heading this way for a loooong while. The real deal is redneck Christians see their truths being questioned and hate it. Anger directed at the poorest and weakest in our country. So convenient. Like illegals with no rights and poor colored people are the problem not big business that out sourced or politicians on the take. Fuck, Trump should be vilified hiring illegals to build his empire but he's freakin smart. And the dummies with they're eyes glazed over eat it up. Humans.
    I haven't read the thread page for page but just saw this statement about redneck Christians. Trump is far from a Christian (in my opinion he doesn't care about Christianity) but he is winning the evangelical vote. They want a leader who will bring jobs back, who will fight for the USA in trade deals, and who will protect the USA's borders from those who want borders to disintegrate in North America. They know he isn't going to try to limit their religious rights so they are comfortable with him. They don't expect him to reverse abortion rights, just not continue to the restriction of Christian (and only Christian) religious activity.

Again I haven't read all the posts but if Speedy is trying to say that it is the definition of insanity to keep voting for establishment candidates on either side and expect the debt to decrease, meaningful jobs to come back, etc..... than I agree. They know the establishment doesn't keep their promise so the choice is between bad (establishment) or unknown (Trump).
    That's like being on the top of a 100 foot cliff over water and instead of staying with the know battles up top, deciding to jump and hope there are no submerged rocks or hungry sharks just under the surface. No thanks!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    I am American - No
    There's a guy that goes to the bar around the corner from my house with a Trump sticker on the back of his truck. So there's at least one.

I'm honestly more than a little bit worried about Trump at this point.

I've also heard Canada is really strict with immigration, way worse than us. I don't think they'd let me in.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    ldent42 said:

There's a guy that goes to the bar around the corner from my house with a Trump sticker on the back of his truck. So there's at least one.

I've also heard Canada is really strict with immigration, way worse than us. I don't think they'd let me in.

As I said earlier, I have yet to hear one single person say to me in person they are going to vote for Trump and I live in the second most conservative county in California (a county that consistently votes strongly for Republicans).

If Trump gets the Republican spot, Democratic voters will turn out in droves to vote against him and the dollars will begin to pour into the the Democratic campaign. A country that voted a black man into office twice is not going to elect a racist. Yes, the fact that Trump has done as well as he has is a major reason to be concerned about a certain segment of our population, but not worth losing sleep over.

Take a deep breath, do a little yoga, ease your mind! :smile:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    I am American - No
    brianlux said:

ldent42 said:

As I said earlier, I have yet to hear one single person say to me in person they are going to vote for Trump and I live in the second most conservative county in California (a county that consistently votes strongly for Republicans).

If Trump gets the Republican spot, Democratic voters will turn out in droves to vote against him and the dollars will begin to pour into the the Democratic campaign. A country that voted a black man into office twice is not going to elect a racist. Yes, the fact that Trump has done as well as he has is a major reason to be concerned about a certain segment of our population, but not worth losing sleep over.

Yea I was considering making a sammich. I dont know how you can be so calm about it!
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,539
    I am American - No
    brianlux said:

callen said:

PJ_Soul said:

callen said:

I don't get this beef with direction country is going. Economy much better after 8 years. Taxes haven't gone up. More humans are going to the dr. We have less troops in war zone. Equality for gays. What's this direction?!?!?

Well, its not to difficult to understand why there are many people here in America that are not too happy with the direction this nation is heading. We are trillions in debt, with no real answer with how to get out. People talk about all the jobs that have been created, yet there are record numbers of people living on food stamps. What types of jobs have really been created? Are these jobs with livable wages? And when I look at the unemployment rate, I wonder just how many people have left the workforce? Are Americans that better off? I don't know. Again, how long before our national debt cripples the economy?

Okay again this trains been heading this way for a loooong while. The real deal is redneck Christians see their truths being questioned and hate it. Anger directed at the poorest and weakest in our country. So convenient. Like illegals with no rights and poor colored people are the problem not big business that out sourced or politicians on the take. Fuck, Trump should be vilified hiring illegals to build his empire but he's freakin smart. And the dummies with they're eyes glazed over eat it up. Humans.
    I haven't read the thread page for page but just saw this statement about redneck Christians. Trump is far from a Christian (in my opinion he doesn't care about Christianity) but he is winning the evangelical vote. They want a leader who will bring jobs back, who will fight for the USA in trade deals, and who will protect the USA's borders from those who want borders to disintegrate in North America. They know he isn't going to try to limit their religious rights so they are comfortable with him. They don't expect him to reverse abortion rights, just not continue to the restriction of Christian (and only Christian) religious activity.

Again I haven't read all the posts but if Speedy is trying to say that it is the definition of insanity to keep voting for establishment candidates on either side and expect the debt to decrease, meaningful jobs to come back, etc..... than I agree. They know the establishment doesn't keep their promise so the choice is between bad (establishment) or unknown (Trump).
    That's like being on the top of a 100 foot cliff over water and instead of staying with the know battles up top, deciding to jump and hope there are no submerged rocks or hungry sharks just under the surface. No thanks!

I am not scared of a Trump presidency. I don't think he will be a good president but not scared. Congress can impeach if he does really bad, but the four years will be up before we know it. Gridlock in congress will stop most of his legislation.
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    I am American - No

callen said:

PJ_Soul said:

callen said:

My post was addressing republican talking point number one not specifically Trump.

It is interesting evangelicals supporting Trump. They have to know he's a fake Christian. Maybe most are as well and their hate for minorities trumps Jesus's message.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    edited February 2016
    I am American - No
    Brian in mostly republican fox news watching work environment and I've heard no one endorsing Trump. Maybe they are the silent majority and don't want the rest to know their hateful position. Sure there is also a big block of republicans that struggle with current selection.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,919
    I am American - No
    When this thread was started it was a ridiculous proposition that he could win. Now it is a realistic proposition. It would be funny if it weren't so terrifying.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,539
    I am American - No
    callen said:

callen said:

PJ_Soul said:

callen said:

My post was addressing republican talking point number one not specifically Trump.

It is interesting evangelicals supporting Trump. They have to know he's a fake Christian. Maybe most are as well and their hate for minorities trumps Jesus's message.
    They don't hate minorities. They respect borders and a country's sovereignty. I don't think you would find many of them to be against legal immigration. They may be with regards to Muslims but that has to do with ISIS right now, and not because they hate people. Even the most liberal countries in Europe are closing their borders.
  • Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    I am American - No
    ldent42 said:

Canada does have strict visa policies. Remember when people swore they would move to Canada if George Bush was elected? They didn't get very far.
  • Options
    I am American - No
    callen said:

Brian in mostly republican fox news watching work environment and I've heard no one endorsing Trump. Maybe they are the silent majority and don't want the rest to know their hateful position. Sure there is also a big block of republicans that struggle with current selection.

FOXNews does not support trump.
  • Options
    I am American - No
    http://billmoyers.com/story/how-the-us-went-fascist-mass-media-makes-excuses-for-trump-voters/

How the US Went Fascist: Mass Media Make Excuses for Trump Voters

Trump's racism and xenophobia violates America's core beliefs — yet the media and many Americans are okay with it.

BY JUAN COLE | FEBRUARY 24, 2016

The rise of Donald Trump to the presumptive Republican standard bearer for president in 2016 is an indictment of, and a profound danger to, the American republic.

The Founding Fathers were afraid of the excitability of the voters and their vulnerability to the appeal of demagogues. That is the reason for a Senate (which was originally appointed), intended to check those notorious hotheads in Congress, who are elected from districts every two years.

But it isn’t only the checks and balances in government that are necessary to keep the republic. It is the Fourth Estate, i.e. the press, it is the country’s leaders and it is the general public who stand between the republic and the rise of a Mussolini.

The notables have been shown to be useless. Donald Trump should have been kicked out of the Republican Party the moment he began talking about violating the Constitution. The first time he hinted about assaulting the journalists covering his rallies, he should have been shown the door. When he openly advocated torture (“worse than waterboarding”), he should have been ushered away. When he began speaking of closing houses of worship, he should have been expelled. He has solemnly pledged to violate the First, Fourth and Eighth Amendments of the Constitution, at the least. If someone’s platform is unconstitutional, it boggles the mind that a major American party would put him or her up for president. How can he take the oath of office with a straight face? The party leaders were afraid he’d mount a third-party campaign. But who knows how that would have turned out? Someone with power needs to say that Trump is unacceptable and to define him out of respectable politics, the same way David Duke is treated (Trump routinely retweets Duke fellow-travellers).

Then there is the mass media. As Amy Goodman has pointed out, corporate television has routinely pumped Trump into our living rooms. They have virtually blacked out Bernie Sanders. Trump seems to have connived to have 10 or 15 minutes at 7:20 every evening on the magazine shows. Chris Matthews of Hardball obligingly cut away to Il Duce II’s rants and gave away his show to him on a nightly basis.

Not long ago, extremely powerful television personalities and sportscasters were abruptly fired for saying things less offensive than Trump’s bromides. Don Imus was history for abusive language toward women basketball players. But Trump’s strident attack on Megyn Kelly as a menstruating harridan was just allowed to pass. Jimmy “the Greek” Snyder was fired by CBS for saying African-Americans were ‘bred’ to be better athletes. But Trump issued a blanket characterization of undocumented Mexican labor migrants as rapists, thieves and drug dealers. Of course this allegation is untrue.

I watched the Nevada caucus coverage on MSNBC and was appalled at the discourse. One reporter tried to assure us that Trump voters were not actually voting for racism and bullying politics, they were just upset. But polling in South Carolina demonstrated that Trump voters were significantly to the right of most Republicans on some issues. In South Carolina, 38 percent of Trump voters wished the South had won the Civil War, presumably suggesting that they regretted the end of slavery.

Another MSNBC reporter helpfully explained that Trump voters feel that “political correctness” has gone too far. But what does Trump mean by “political correctness”? He means sexism and racism. So what is really being said is that Trump supporters resent that sexist and racist discourse and policies have been banned from the public sphere. There is ample proof that Trump’s use of “political correctness” identifies it with sexist and racist remarks and actions.

Yet another asserted that “some of” Trump’s positions “are not that extreme.” Exhibit A was his praise for Planned Parenthood. But he wants to outlaw abortion, i.e. overturn the current law of the land, which is extreme. (A majority of Americans support the right to choose, so he is in a minority).

Chris Matthews explained to us that people hoped he would do something for the country rather than for the government.

But Trump has made it very clear that he is not interested in a significant proportion of the people in the country. He is a white nationalist, and his message is that he will stand up for white Christian people against the Chinese, the Mexicans and the Muslims. Just as Adolph Hitler hoped for an alliance with Anglo-Saxon Britain on racial grounds (much preferring it to the less white Italy), the only foreign leader Trump likes is the “white” Vladimir Putin. That he won the evangelical vote again in Nevada is helpful for us in seeing that American evangelicalism itself is in some part a form of white male chauvinist nationalism and only secondarily about religion.

By the way, the idea that Trump won the Latino vote in Nevada is nonsense. In one of a number of fine interventions at MSNBC, Lawrence O’Donnell pointed out that something on the order of 1,800 Latinos voted in the Nevada GOP caucuses, of whom perhaps 800 voted for Trump, i.e. 44 percent of this tiny group. Trump lost the vote of even this small group of hard right Latinos, since 56 percent of them voted for someone else.

There are 800,000 Latinos in the state of Nevada (pop. 2.8 million). In 2012, 70 percent of Latinos voted for Barack Obama, while Mitt Romney got 25 percent. My guess is that Trump can’t do as well among them as Romney did.

It has been a dreadful performance by the press and by party leaders. They are speaking in such a way as to naturalize the creepy, weird and completely un-American positions Trump has taken.

This is how the dictators came to power in the 1920s and 1930s. Good people remained silent or acquiesced. People expressed hope that something good would come of it. Mussolini would wring the laziness out of Italy and make the trains run on time.

When Benjamin Franklin was asked by a lady after the Constitutional Convention what sort of government the US had, he said, “A Republic, Madame, if you can keep it.”

You have to wonder if we can keep It.
  • Options
    ldent42 said:

brianlux said:

ldent42 said:

Yea I was considering making a sammich. I dont know how you can be so calm about it!
    To tell the truth, I'm not always so calm. But I'm learning how. I'll be re-reading Paul Watson's book again soon, Earthforce!, An Earth Warriors Guide to Strategy, in which the good Captain infuses the ideas of Sun Tzu, Miyamoto Musashi, and Marshall McLuhan with his own unique perspectives to teach us how to be calm, effective, strong and to never feel defeated. We are better off fighting for what makes sense than to be struck down by our fears- and believe me, that's not easy, the Trump issue is very concerning to me!

• Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,619
    edited February 2016
    And speaking of being calm with regard to Trump, even if he does somehow get the nomination, what states that went with Obama is he going to flip his way in the general election? I speak for the 3 West coast states and say there's no way in hell Trump gets those. He may get AZ. In the Midwest, Trump would only get Indiana. He'd pick up Kansas and Utah, because I don't think they allow dems on the ballot there. There's no chance he gets any state in the Northeast. Trump would get the Southeast because those states are a lost cause. Florida would go either way. Trump won't get VA. I suppose he could get Texas and some plains states, too. If Mondale is the Yin, then Trump's the Yang.
    Post edited by Go Beavers on
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    I am American - No
    I live in Ohio, and I feel we are the biggest wild card and one of the very most crucial states to win. It could go either way here, all urban areas go Dem and all rural areas go GOP, so it comes down to turnout in a state so evenly matched. Scary.

A few miles from me, a farmer spelled out "No Trump" in 100ft letters, in his field, with manure.
    Thats heartening!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,796
    edited February 2016

callen said:

PJ_Soul said:

callen said:

This election should be one for the ages. There are plenty of Americans who are sick and tired of "Establishment Politics", they have had enough of "Politics as usual". They look at Trump as a big change to the norm. Trump, in their eyes wont only be change, but Trump seems to be ready, willing, and able, to "BLOW UP" the establishment. Should be interesting after Tuesday.

Once the general election roles around it could get very interesting.
    Will the Republican party have no choice but to embrace Trump?
    Will Republican voters jump ship because of Trump, and vote for Clinton?
    How many Dems will not vote, or jump ship, just because its Clinton?
    Should be very interesting.
    Post edited by SPEEDY MCCREADY on
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,158
    I am American - No

callen said:

PJ_Soul said:

callen said:

This election should be one for the ages. There are plenty of Americans who are sick and tired of "Establishment Politics", they have had enough of "Politics as usual". They look at Trump as a big change to the norm. Trump, in their eyes wont only be change, but Trump seems to be ready, willing, and able, to "BLOW UP" the establishment. Should be interesting after Tuesday.

those are all great questions speedy. only time will tell.

i did see something interesting on the guardian a couple of hours ago. it sounds too crazy to be true. the article i saw said that mitch mcconnell, today in a backroom meeting with gop senators, proposed that they let trump win the nomination. he suggested that they avoid embarrassment by throwing all in with cruz or rubio against because those two can't win the nomination vs trump. he said that they should use their money and advertise against trump in favor of the dem candidate in the general. he said that they could deal with hillary as president the same way they dealt with obama, just block everything. but this way they can focus on keeping the senate and derail trump in the general. it makes sense if you think of it from the gop establishment perspective. these guys seem dumb a lot of the time, but preventing trump from taking over their party is the only way the establishment can maintain their power.

like i said, it seems too crazy to be true, but the way things are going, the gop could lose the senate if trump is the nominee and they do not allow obama to appoint someone to the court.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options

callen said:

PJ_Soul said:

callen said:

i did see something interesting on the guardian a couple of hours ago. it sounds too crazy to be true. the article i saw said that mitch mcconnell, today in a backroom meeting with gop senators, proposed that they let trump win the nomination. he suggested that they avoid embarrassment by throwing all in with cruz or rubio against because those two can't win the nomination vs trump. he said that they should use their money and advertise against trump in favor of the dem candidate in the general. he said that they could deal with hillary as president the same way they dealt with obama, just block everything. but this way they can focus on keeping the senate and derail trump in the general. it makes sense if you think of it from the gop establishment perspective. these guys seem dumb a lot of the time, but preventing trump from taking over their party is the only way the establishment can maintain their power.

like i said, it seems too crazy to be true, but the way things are going, the gop could lose the senate if trump is the nominee and they do not allow obama to appoint someone to the court.
    Or does Trump promise "The Establishment Politicians", cabinet positions? You cant tell me that Christie doesn't have Vice President on his mind. If Trump plays his cards right, he could very well get the support of many in the Republican party. If Trump can somehow find a way to please "The Establishment" in the upcoming months, this could get very interesting.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,158
    I am American - No

callen said:

PJ_Soul said:

callen said:

Or does Trump promise "The Establishment Politicians", cabinet positions? You cant tell me that Christie doesn't have Vice President on his mind. If Trump plays his cards right, he could very well get the support of many in the Republican party. If Trump can somehow find a way to please "The Establishment" in the upcoming months, this could get very interesting.
    i think christie is eyeballing attorney general.

he was a federal prosecutor. attorney general is right up his alley.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,619

callen said:

PJ_Soul said:

callen said:

The problem with that is that Trump would have absolutely no clue of how to do one single thing the job requires. His ineptitude would be filled the establishment calling the shots and he'd follow right along, doing as he was told.
  • Options
    FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,095
    I am American - Yes
    I wonder if there is a record for the date I voted on this poll? Which was definitely at least back in Sep 2015?
    JimmyV said:

When this thread was started it was a ridiculous proposition that he could win. Now it is a realistic proposition. It would be funny if it weren't so terrifying.

Terrifying, yes. I think the best outcome for this election is that the 2 party system will be changed, and laws will be written to limit the amount of money in politics.

Another change would probably be the addition of superdelegates to the republican primary process.
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,463
    I am American - Yes
    concerned? no.

terrified? yes.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Trump supporters... are they part of the Woot Tang Clan? :pensive:

• Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    I am American - No
    brianlux said:

You're on fire Brian.
  • Options

brianlux said:

You're on fire Brian.
    Oh, but it feels so good!

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    brianlux said:

brianlux said:

You're on fire Brian.

Just gonna warm my hands while I stand next to that fire.

(if you'll let me ;) )
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ql3NQMET7v4
  • Options
    hedonist said:

brianlux said:

brianlux said:

You're on fire Brian.

Just gonna warm my hands while I stand next to that fire.

(if you'll let me ;) )
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ql3NQMET7v4
    Listen here, baby
    Stop actin' so crazy!

JIMI!!

• Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    Should Bernie get in along with Gary Johnson running as libertarian, I don't think Trump will win. Johnson will take votes away from Trump because there are a lot of republicans who hate Trump like how there are many progressives like me who flat out hate Hillary.
  • Options
    I am American - No

brianlux said:

You're on fire Brian.
    You could almost say he's.....feelin' the Bern :sunglasses:
  • Options
    ldent42 said:

brianlux said:

You're on fire Brian.
    You could almost say he's.....feelin' the Bern :sunglasses:
    Maybe Bernie could get Arthur Brown to allow his song, "Fire" to be used for the Sanders campaign!

"I am the god of hell fire and I bring you:
    Fire, I'll take you to Bern.
    Fire, I'll take you to learn."

Should Bernie get in along with Gary Johnson running as libertarian, I don't think Trump will win. Johnson will take votes away from Trump because there are a lot of republicans who hate Trump like how there are many progressives like me who flat out hate Hillary.

An interesting idea though I can't say I know much about Johnson. Would they work well together?