Options

Do You Think Deep Down, Americans Are Concerned That Donald Trump May Actually Win?

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,605
    No

PJ_Soul said:

brianlux said:

brianlux said:

I find these liberal posts funny trying to sell as if though it would just be so scary if he became president, but Islamic terrorists doesn't bother liberals a bit they can't even say Islamic terrorism.

"Islamic terrorists doesn't bother liberals"? Not sure who is the bigger comedian here.

Obama doesn't even call them Islamic Terrorists.
    Yea but Obama's not a liberal either so screw that guy.
    Obama isn't a liberal. Now that's funny.
    He's pretty much centrist.

People shouldn't worry about Trump becoming president. Poll after poll show that about 20 - 25% of the U.S. population is ignorant and easily misled. This is just another example of that.
    Isn't that how Obama got elected. Ignorant people believing in his hope and change slogan. Things are worse. Just because people don't think like you doesn't make them ignorant.
    If you actually look at all the stats and facts, things are a fair bit better. Much better economy, lower taxes....
    My taxes have not gone down. It was the slowest recovery in the nations history.
    Yeah, well Bush left QUITE the mess to clean up, didn't he?
    You can't recover from that debacle quickly. The fact that the US did as a good a job as it did during Obama's presidency is impressive. Sorry if you're in denial about it.
    The plain and simple truth: Things are not worse, as you claimed. Not even close. You must have forgotten where things stood in 2008.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    I am American - No

muskydan said:

Can Obummer say radical ISLAMIC terrorism tonight??? Stay tuned, we shall see…. I am going to go w/ blame the Guns again, and again, and again.

what difference does it make what type of radical it is?

You have to identify you're enemy and know who to fight.
    My enemy are humans that are easily frightened by the boogie man and are then used as pawns by the rich and powerful to further their agenda.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    I am American - No
    PJ_Soul said:

If you actually look at all the stats and facts, things are a fair bit better. Much better economy, lower taxes....

Lower taxes is definitely not true.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    No

PJ_Soul said:

Lower taxes is definitely not true.
    Well taxes are apparently at historic lows... unless you're rich.
    MUCH better economy.
    So what are people complaining about? I am honestly not sure.
    What I see as a huge problem (and not one that Obama can actually fix as far as I can tell) is inflation.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,419
    I am American - No
    I have paid less in income taxes the last 6 years than the 8 prior to that, with each of those 6 years being roughly the same or less than the previous year. So, yeah, taxes are lower.

My 401(k) has grown at extremely higher rates over the past 7 years than the last 3 years of the Bush admin. Hell, the last year of Bush's term, I lost half of my funds!

And no, I didn't even vote for Obama. But he deserves some credit for getting the economy back on track. Especially considering he's had a congress that's flat out refused to work with him one fucking iota.
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    I am American - No
    I really would've expect Trump to go away by now. But now - I'm a little scared. I still don't think he will become President. I am a little worried that there are so many people who actively support him.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    I am American - No
    ldent42 said:

I really would've expect Trump to go away by now. But now - I'm a little scared. I still don't think he will become President. I am a little worried that there are so many people who actively support him.

I wouldn't worry, the people of America with IQ over 40 will come through and keep him out of the oval office.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    I am American - No
    rgambs said:

ldent42 said:

I wouldn't worry, the people of America with IQ over 40 will come through and keep him out of the oval office.
    What I mean to say is I'm worried about the sheer number of people who think he is a leader. I am concerned that they might outnumber the people who think he is a racist buffoon.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
  • Options
    No
    ldent42 said:

rgambs said:

ldent42 said:

What I mean to say is I'm worried about the sheer number of people who think he is a leader. I am concerned that they might outnumber the people who think he is a racist buffoon.
    I really don't think they will. Shit hasn't even gotten real yet. If he becomes the nominee, I think you'll see his numbers plummet. As Bush said, he's a chaos candidate, and he's 100% right (Bush is boring as fuck, but he's a reasonable person). That works great during the fun of the primaries, but it won't fly during an actual presidential election campaign I don't think. Not any anywhere near enough people for him to win. That's what I choose to believe anyway, lol. I still have faith in the majority of Americans to not elect people like Peewee Herman, Donald Trump, Bozo the Clown, Ben Carson, Spongebob Squarepants, Huckabee, Honey Boo Boo, etc. ;)
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    I am American - No
    PJ_Soul said:

ldent42 said:

rgambs said:

ldent42 said:

I really don't think they will. Shit hasn't even gotten real yet. If he becomes the nominee, I think you'll see his numbers plummet. As Bush said, he's a chaos candidate, and he's 100% right (Bush is boring as fuck, but he's a reasonable person). That works great during the fun of the primaries, but it won't fly during an actual presidential election campaign I don't think. Not any anywhere near enough people for him to win. That's what I choose to believe anyway, lol. I still have faith in the majority of Americans to not elect people like Peewee Herman, Donald Trump, Bozo the Clown, Ben Carson, Spongebob Squarepants, Huckabee, Honey Boo Boo, etc. ;)
    I believe you're absolutely correct. I don't spend a lot of time worrying about early debates and campaigns. All the kooks come out of the woodwork and attempt to shake things up, get their opinions heard, and attempt to shape the party platforms. Once the primaries and caucuses start, the whack-a-moles will drop away, and the field will be paired down to the more mainstream, serious candidates. Trump won't survive the nomination process. The party won't allow it. He'll have to run as an independent if he wants to be part of the general election.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    I am American - No
    PJ_Soul said:

ldent42 said:

rgambs said:

ldent42 said:

I'd totally vote for Peewee Herman.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835

muskydan said:

Can Obummer say radical ISLAMIC terrorism tonight??? Stay tuned, we shall see…. I am going to go w/ blame the Guns again, and again, and again.

Sure, when you start calling the people who shoot up theatres and schools "christian terrorists", then I'll be on board with that.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

muskydan said:

Sure, when you start calling the people who shoot up theatres and schools "christian terrorists", then I'll be on board with that.

Are they committing those acts in the name of Jesus Christ or God?
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited January 2016
    I am American - No
    Bump
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,759
    I think I screwed up the other Trump thread. My bad. Apologies to all.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,312
    Corinthians 2 or John the 3 you know what I mean I'm a good Christian I have a great telationship with God ...lol yeah his a real religious man
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    I am American - No
    brianlux said:

Not really sure what the problem was. Trump discussed his religious convictions this past weekend so fair game. Maybe over sensitive religious person hD their realities questioned and reported it???
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    callen said:

brianlux said:

Not really sure what the problem was. Trump discussed his religious convictions this past weekend so fair game. Maybe over sensitive religious person hD their realities questioned and reported it???
    I think it got locked because I implied Trump thinks he is a god and that must have offended someone. As much as I can't stand Trump, he never claimed to be God so my post was inappropriate. I admit I screwed up.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,986
    I am American - No
    no I think it was the reference to Trump's comments about his daughter...may have been misinterpreted
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    Only because Simpsons predicted it.
  • Options
    I am American - No
    Well now this is interesting
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/sarah-palin-quotes-trump_us_569ed3b5e4b04c813761f583?l4tgwrk9=
    (holly rollers, sittin with their backs to the middle)
  • Options

Well now this is interesting
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/sarah-palin-quotes-trump_us_569ed3b5e4b04c813761f583?l4tgwrk9=
    (holly rollers, sittin with their backs to the middle)

Warning: Reading too much of this article will inevitably induce a simultaneous combination of uncontrollably laughter, vomiting, vertigo, and migraine headache followed by the odd sensation that the room is tilted and everything is about to slide into a massive dumpster.

• Options
    dustinparduedustinpardue Las Vegas, NV Posts: 1,829
    With the electoral college, math is not on Trump's side. He would have to take California and New York most likely to actually pull off a win, which is historically highly unlikely.
    "All I Ever Knew" available now in print and digital formats at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and iBooks.
  • Options
    dustinparduedustinpardue Las Vegas, NV Posts: 1,829
    Shawshank said:

He's not as backward thinking as you'd be led to believe.

He's for restructuring the Republican rape job of Obamacare to make it more affordable.

For making sure people who cant afford insurance are able to get coverage.

For eliminating state line restrictions on insurance so that competition increases and will likely reduce premiums.

For making LEGAL immigration easier and less restrictive.

For eliminating loopholes that allow corporations to avoid taxes offshore.

For giving corporate incentives that would keep manufacturing and jobs here in the U.S.

For penalizing corporations through taxation who move manufacturing (i.e. jobs) out of the U.S.

He's nowhere near the most right-wing candidate.

Domestically not that out of the box, though I think he would be a foreign policy nightmare. You can't act like the 3rd grade bully on the playground on the world stage. It's great for news entertainment but not so good for the progress of humanity.

"All I Ever Knew" available now in print and digital formats at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and iBooks.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    No
    I don't even understand the point in listing points that Trump has made as though they're relevant. Trump is a huge liar who will say anything at any given time. Anything that comes out of his mouth is meaningless IMO.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    PJ_Soul said:

I don't even understand the point in listing points that Trump has made as though they're relevant. Trump is a huge liar who will say anything at any given time. Anything that comes out of his mouth is meaningless IMO.

That any of this insanity passes as relevant becomes relevant in-of-itself within its own absurdity. Or maybe the whole thing is a false political Ouroboros eating its own tail.

• Options
    I am American - No
    Brain that thread didn't get locked cuz of you. There was comments deleted. I happened to catch it before it got edited, it had nothing to do with your post
  • Options
    I am American - No
    Well Train.
    How does everyone poll now?
  • Options
    No

Well Train.
    How does everyone poll now?

I still don't think he could win the election.
  • Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    I am American - No
    I don't think he wants the election. He still wants to give it to his friend Hillary and will do so when given the chance.