You

Comments

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Gillycw said:

Do you ever tell people when you feel things?

No, would you believe me if I said something like "hey, something bad is gonna happen if you park here"?

The closest I've come is when I see a conversation happen before it does and the person starts it the same way...I'll say, "i had a feeling you were gonna ask me that".
    Maybe I should start keeping a journal of stuff I see.
    Nami said:

are there lotto jackpots in my future Miss RKCNDY?
    hehe

Maybe...Lol!

The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    RKCNDY said:

Gillycw said:

No, would you believe me if I said something like "hey, something bad is gonna happen if you park here"?

I would.
    RKCNDY said:

You definitely should.
    ELITIST FUK
  • FrankieGFrankieG Posts: 9,100
    edited May 2015
    RKCNDY said:

I'd read/buy it
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA
    2022: 9/14 NJ ... 2024: 5/28 WA, 9/7 PA, 9/9 PA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • whispering handswhispering hands Posts: 13,527
    Wow. I come back and this thread has exploded!! I think this may be my most successful thread! A few questions.

Rollings you really live with another board member?? That's kind freaky cool.
    And RKCNDY, has this been an all your life sort of thing or did it develop over time?
    I had a premonition of my Fiancée at the time stabbing me in the heart, two weeks before my accident. I had it on the plane from Ok to Ca. I woke up clutching my chest and gasping 'why?'. I freaked out the lady next to me. Then everything happened, and my AIC board friend from NY, explained that that was what the premonition meant. And the only other time this happened was I dreamt of my Stables doc year before I ever bought the property. When I met with the real estate agent, and he drove go this place, I swear I fainted!! It was the place from my dream!! All the way down to walking through the main barn and into the arena, where we saw one lone chicken.. Just sitting right in the middle of the workspace.
  • jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Posts: 2,682

Wow. I come back and this thread has exploded!! I think this may be my most successful thread! A few questions.

And RKCNDY, has this been an all your life sort of thing or did it develop over time?
    I had a premonition of my Fiancée at the time stabbing me in the heart, two weeks before my accident. I had it on the plane from Ok to Ca. I woke up clutching my chest and gasping 'why?'. I freaked out the lady next to me. Then everything happened, and my AIC board friend from NY, explained that that was what the premonition meant. And the only other time this happened was I dreamt of my Stables doc year before I ever bought the property. When I met with the real estate agent, and he drove go this place, I swear I fainted!! It was the place from my dream!! All the way down to walking through the main barn and into the arena, where we saw one lone chicken.. Just sitting right in the middle of the workspace.

I wonder is it related to that weird sense of deja-vu you can get sometimes. I find myself involved in a conversation that I swear I've already had. It only happens to me a few times a year maybe but always feels very strange! Sadly not as useful as knowing things are going to happen though :) It's not really premonition at all as it's not until I'm in the conversation that I get kind of like a memory of having had the exact same conversation before. I don't know, it's just weird! (and I have probably explained it badly too...)

I wonder is it related to that weird sense of deja-vu you can get sometimes. I find myself involved in a conversation that I swear I've already had. It only happens to me a few times a year maybe but always feels very strange! Sadly not as useful as knowing things are going to happen though :) It's not really premonition at all as it's not until I'm in the conversation that I get kind of like a memory of having had the exact same conversation before. I don't know, it's just weird! (and I have probably explained it badly too...)
    No I think déjà is a bit different. I really don't understand Deja Vu. But I do know that in that dream I woke up and thought, Gid, I really wish I could have that place.. I really wish I could live there.. I dreamt of it for like a week.. Then it was gone.. Six years later I pulled up to the driveway, and got shivers when we rounded the last corner and I saw the main office building. Then we got out of our respective cars, and it was like I was back in that dream. The only thing different was in my
    Dream I had a different dog with me, than my wolf dog. But everything else was exact.. Even the fact that in my dream and in real life, the property came with a Mule named Jeddediah. ( which made me laugh my ass off, for reasons no one will understand).
  • AnnafalkAnnafalk Posts: 4,004
    rollings said:

tell us something about yourself, that you think none of us would have guessed.

I live with chadwick
    Did you meet through this forum? It's very cool, I wonder if many have met and fallen in love via this community?
    Annafalk said:

rollings said:

tell us something about yourself, that you think none of us would have guessed.

I live with chadwick
    Did you meet through this forum? It's very cool, I wonder if many have met and fallen in love via this community?
    Well there was a thread for single people :p

It's been all my life...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY said:

It's been all my life...
    I think would be hard to deal with as a kid!
    ^^^like I said, it's not an 'all the time' thing...just randomly. I suppose if I really paid attention, it could be a regular thing.

- Christopher McCandless
    I don't think I could handle that. I feel like I'm intruding reading people's energies.. That messes with me enough.. Especially if it's someone I know, and I feel what they feel, regardless of what they show in the outside. I couldn't imagine anything more.. As this ducks with me enough.
    I can already read energies...probably why I try to ignore the premonitions.

- Christopher McCandless
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    I believe boobs are the future of the world
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani Posts: 7,790

I believe boobs are the future of the world

They play a major part of history and have ended wars. History does repeat so I will agree. +1

Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
    RKCNDY said:

I can already read energies...probably why I try to ignore the premonitions.

Yeah I remember you telling me that.
  • GillycwGillycw Posts: 524
    RKCNDY said:

Gillycw said:

The closest I've come is when I see a conversation happen before it does and the person starts it the same way...I'll say, "i had a feeling you were gonna ask me that".
    Nami said:

are there lotto jackpots in my future Miss RKCNDY?
    hehe

Maybe...Lol!

I would definitely listen if someone I knew told me that! You might be surprised what people believe

• rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    RKCNDY,That's a cool gift.
    Sounds like you see a"gut feeling" in full detail.sweet.
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    I can't be the only one that uses PJ songs for their computer passwords (ahem...appropriately masked with the addition of numbers/other characters, of course). When you have to change passwords every three weeks you need some sort of system, right? I just finished with Fatalxxxxxxx (with the addition of my usual nonsense string that I now know how to type automatically), now on Smilexxxxxxx.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf

I can't be the only one that uses PJ songs for their computer passwords (ahem...appropriately masked with the addition of numbers/other characters, of course). When you have to change passwords every three weeks you need some sort of system, right? I just finished with Fatalxxxxxxx (with the addition of my usual nonsense string that I now know how to type automatically), now on Smilexxxxxxx.

I have so done this!!
    Today I contacted the Civil Service Employee Assistance Service. They provide confidential (I hope) support to employees and I guess I'm hoping that maybe if I can get up the courage to talk to one of their officers that it might be some small step in the right direction in terms of finding some sort of happiness in my life. To be honest, I'm not entirely sure what kind of service these officers are meant to provide but I guess it's no harm to find out. As long as it's confidential I guess it's worth a try.

I get the impression from this forum that the idea of seeing a therapist isn't all that unusual to a lot of people in other countries, believe me it would be extremely unusual in Ireland. We don't really do the whole 'talking about feelings' thing here and we certainly wouldn't fancy paying for it! I suppose this is my half-hearted effort at getting a form of therapy or counselling though....

I have so done this!!
    I will have to do this. I'm running out of sports figures along with their number and some other quirk. PJ passwords next!

Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle

Today I contacted the Civil Service Employee Assistance Service. They provide confidential (I hope) support to employees and I guess I'm hoping that maybe if I can get up the courage to talk to one of their officers that it might be some small step in the right direction in terms of finding some sort of happiness in my life. To be honest, I'm not entirely sure what kind of service these officers are meant to provide but I guess it's no harm to find out. As long as it's confidential I guess it's worth a try.

I get the impression from this forum that the idea of seeing a therapist isn't all that unusual to a lot of people in other countries, believe me it would be extremely unusual in Ireland. We don't really do the whole 'talking about feelings' thing here and we certainly wouldn't fancy paying for it! I suppose this is my half-hearted effort at getting a form of therapy or counselling though....

Jenny, I applaud your efforts to seek out some help. It's true: therapy has lost a lot of its stigma here, but only after years of people openly talking about it. I hope they are able to assist you. Remember--you can always come here to vent/share, and you can always pm me if you want. Good luck!
    ELITIST FUK

The stigma you refer to, is based of fear. No one wants to give the impression that anything is wrong. But if you are not happy in your life, or with where it is going.. Then something IS wrong; it's ok to talk to trained counsellors about that. It's their job. They gm have to attend school for that just like a nurse or a doctor would. And there is nothing wrong with expressing those feelings with someone trained to help you sort them out. It will improve your mindset greatly, just to get those things out in the open, and off your chest so to speak. Sometimes just having someone to hear your concerns is a form of medicine itself. I'll make you the same offer I did TA, you may PM me at ANY time. And if I am awake I will answer; without judgement. You are a wonderful lady from what I've read of you, and you deserve to be happy! Let us know how it goes.
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844

What a great step, Jenny; I really hope it's helpful for you. Feel free to PM me as well if you ever wish to.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    I don't like to high-five people. It's not a germ phobia thing: I just don't like to do it. Please don't ask me.
    ELITIST FUK
    SD48277 said:

I don't like to high-five people. It's not a germ phobia thing: I just don't like to do it. Please don't ask me.

Are low 5's ok?

And high five!
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle

SD48277 said:

Are low 5's ok?

And high five!
    I will leave you hanging.
    ELITIST FUK
  • oceaninmyeyesoceaninmyeyes Posts: 4,646
    RKCNDY said:

RKCNDY said:

I have premonitions that come true.

Really? Like what?

Like I'll 'see' a conversation happen between myself and another person, it happens exactly as I see it happen. The exact words...

I've gotten the feeling that the car the person I was with was going to be broken into, it was that same night.

The one that scared me was when I was visiting a friend, I got a bad feeling about their house, something just felt 'off'. We went on the deck to chat, I got the feeling the deck catching fire. Two weeks later, their entire house went up in flames. The fire Marshall determined the fire started on the deck.

Weird shit like that. I don't like to talk about it because people think I'm crazy.
    That's not crazy, that's awesome, although I imagine a gift like that can wear on the soul sometimes.

I was the spelling bee champion of my elementary school two years in a row. Now there's a claim to fame .... oooo, she can spell. :wink:
    And the sun it may be shining . . . but there's an ocean in my eyes

I was the spelling bee champion of my elementary school two years in a row. Now there's a claim to fame .... oooo, she can spell. :wink:

Actually, that is awesome. The kids that win the Scripps National Spelling Bee these days get some bank. I nerd out and watch the final day of competition. Probably the only thing I ever watch on ESPN.
    ELITIST FUK