You

Comments

• PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,798
    I'm fascinated with serial killers, real life forensic file shows, etc.
    and I'm one of the nicest people you could ever meet. Go figure.
  • PJSirenPJSiren Posts: 5,863

my mom is obsessed with serial killers, and growing up I learned more about them, than I ever wanted to know....lol
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    My final print project in college was an ABC book done from serial killers and murderer's handwriting. I was taking lettering and print at the same time. I had to do an ABC project in lettering. I had to do a book project for print. Unknown to my profs, I did one project. Believe me, I put in the time for that one project what I would have put into two. I turned it in one day, dusted it off and turned it in again the next day. I got an A on the project for both classes. It was very interesting to lift letters from ransom notes and signatures, to make linoleum cut blocks, get everything printed, squared away and made into a book. And yes, I still have it. (All the work was done by hand. No computer work at the time. Xerox was my friend, though.)
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Most impressive!

After reading The Stranger Beside Me, I was, in a weird way, captivated by Ted Bundy. Not in a wanting him sense, but so interested in his personality and ways. He was brilliant but so, so fucked up.

I used to want to be a forensic psychiatrist but realized it'd mess with my head in the end.
    hedonist said:

Most impressive!

After reading The Stranger Beside Me, I was, in a weird way, captivated by Ted Bundy. Not in a wanting him sense, but so interested in his personality and ways. He was brilliant but so, so fucked up.

I used to want to be a forensic psychiatrist but realized it'd mess with my head in the end.

Bundy was the one that got me too, reading the books. I actually went into conference room at work and watched early morning news footage of his execution all those years ago.

I always told my friends, before reading about him, I easily could have been persuaded to help him if he approached on crutches etc.

Thankfully, I'm more aware now.
  • SD48277 said:

Yoko Ono onced answered my question on Twitter. I still get chills.

What did you ask and what was her response?
    Oh I was going to New York and I asked her, besides all the obvious places to check out, what would she recommend seeing/doing. She told me to look in the New York City travel guide and find something that excites me.
    That's pretty cool!
    I was thrilled when she answered my question. I told everybody. Funny thing is though, I never did take her advice lol. I didn't get a tour book and just did all the usual stuff.

A few years ago I submitted a question to Larry King Live for Larry to ask Bill Maher, who was the guest that night. And my question made it on air. So Larry said "this next question is from," and he said my name and where I was from. I love both those guys. It's weird because I watched Larry King Live even as a teenager. Probably because I was a huge dork.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • whispering handswhispering hands Posts: 13,527

Never would have guessed this!! But don't feel bad.. I went through this phase multiple times in life.. Seeing Charles Manson.. ( even from the distance we could see him) was freaky.. Just knowing what he'd done, and how.. I would love to see Amy's book! Because even still this fascinates me!
  • Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani Posts: 7,790
    On the topic of serial killers, I totally get Ted Kaczinski. I don't condone what he did what so ever but wonder if he is going to be right. You can't stop evolution but you have to wonder what life will be like in 200 years. Technology is moving faster than we can keep up and has made life enriched and helped so many people. At the same time we are already over populating the earth with no slow down in sight and at some point resources will get scarce.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
    cdysinge said:

On the topic of serial killers, I totally get Ted Kaczinski. I don't condone what he did what so ever but wonder if he is going to be right. You can't stop evolution but you have to wonder what life will be like in 200 years. Technology is moving faster than we can keep up and has made life enriched and helped so many people. At the same time we are already over populating the earth with no slow down in sight and at some point resources will get scarce.

I wonder about this too..everyday.
  • jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Posts: 2,682
    I've never been in a relationship

This is like confession but without the Catholicism, it's great :D
    I am hyper sensitive IRL. I can ignore barbs and attacks here online, but not in person. Part of why I stay out of society.. But I'm forcing myself to change this. Because while some people are ok with themselves and living this way, I am finally sick of it enough to do something about it.
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,178
    I taught preschool 20 3-5 year olds for 7 years with an assistant. Also ran a summer camp and a before and after school program 10 years.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• InHiding80InHiding80 Posts: 7,623
    Like many who grew up with premium channels, that old eye/face Movie Channel logo depending on the different expressions would scare me when it popped up when I least expected it.
    g under p said:

I taught preschool 20 3-5 year olds for 7 years with an assistant. Also ran a summer camp and a before and after school program 10 years.

Peace

Very cool!
  • FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Posts: 4,810
    I don't like to tell people where I work.
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • NamiNami Posts: 5,995
    i like mustard and ketchup on my hot dog.
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
    deadendp said:

My final print project in college was an ABC book done from serial killers and murderer's handwriting. I was taking lettering and print at the same time. I had to do an ABC project in lettering. I had to do a book project for print. Unknown to my profs, I did one project. Believe me, I put in the time for that one project what I would have put into two. I turned it in one day, dusted it off and turned it in again the next day. I got an A on the project for both classes. It was very interesting to lift letters from ransom notes and signatures, to make linoleum cut blocks, get everything printed, squared away and made into a book. And yes, I still have it. (All the work was done by hand. No computer work at the time. Xerox was my friend, though.)

That is awesome and creative. I loved working with linoleum in art class.
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    Nami said:

i like mustard and ketchup on my hot dog.

You must have seen my other thread question! :)
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • OMGkatwomanOMGkatwoman Posts: 3,230
    I lie to my kids when there is really finely minced onion in dinner, and I like to hide veggies in too. Evil laugh, I hope they don't read this! :naughty:
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    When I lived in the UK I joined a fencing club and took fencing lessons for 3 years. At the end of my first year I won the Beginner division at a tournament. In the later years I didn't win any tournaments but still really liked it and entered competitions. When I moved back to Canada I couldn't find a convenient club so stopped fencing but I sometimes still think about taking it up again.

The sport I'd most like to take up, though, is parkour, but I can't find any clubs in Victoria and I think I'd need at least a bit of instruction first so I don't really injure myself.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    I would really lOve to be a stay at home housewife, with a family to care for.

Stupid, I know.
  • I would really lOve to be a stay at home housewife, with a family to care for.

Stupid, I know.

yeah that's pretty stupid.

Stupid, I know.

No I mean stupid that I wish for that.. When I know it won't happen.:-)
  • I would really lOve to be a stay at home housewife, with a family to care for.

Stupid, I know.

How do you know it won't happen?

Stupid, I know.

How do you know it won't happen?

I guess I just feel like it won't happen.. BTW I've never told anyone that! Lol
  • If you think that way you might help make it come true!

If you think that way you might help make it come true!

I would love for it to work out that way. But most of the time I feel like I spent all my best years doing other things.. And not enough years trying to find anyone to share life with. Sometimes I feel like I spend too much time fearing being hurt, and not enough time standing on faith thaty other dreams could be realized too.
    And I just realized I misinterpreted that..
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524

I would love for it to work out that way. But most of the time I feel like I spent all my best years doing other things.. And not enough years trying to find anyone to share life with. Sometimes I feel like I spend too much time fearing being hurt, and not enough time standing on faith thaty other dreams could be realized too.
    Who's to say what your best years are, were, or will be?

Maybe with the clarity of what you want, right now, these are the best days.

Seize them!
    hedonist said:

Who's to say what your best years are, were, or will be?

Maybe with the clarity of what you want, right now, these are the best days.

Seize them!
    I love you all! No matter how bad I feel or how sorry for myself I feel at any one moment.. You always remind me of things I over look while attending my own pity party! Hahahaha!