You

Comments

• hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524

Well what evidence is there for anything else? Unless you have some religious beliefs, how could you possibly imagine there is anything beyond death? After all, we are nothing more than a bunch of cells at the end of the day...

Sorry for being terribly depressing :)

I don't find this depressing at all, Jenny! But, must say that while I don't necessarily have religious beliefs, I do harbor..."spiritual" ones. I don't believe that when we die, the energy we've generated, lived through, shared, is simply *poof*.

Guess I think we're more than just cells.
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    Btw, Jenny, is that a pic of you in your avatar?
    ELITIST FUK
  • jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Posts: 2,682
    SD48277 said:

Yep, I'm the bridesmaid beside the bride :) Only occasion I'm seen in a dress haha

SD48277 said:

Yep, I'm the bridesmaid beside the bride :) Only occasion I'm seen in a dress haha
    Very sweet.
    ELITIST FUK
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    I love summer dress season on the ladies
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    I have premonitions that come true.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • PJSirenPJSiren Posts: 5,863
    I've had the exact same deja vu more than once....
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    I thought this was the yes/no thread :whistle:
  • RKCNDY said:

Really? Like what?

Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
    hedonist said:

I thought this was the yes/no thread :whistle:

:lol:
    ELITIST FUK

RKCNDY said:

Really? Like what?

Like I'll 'see' a conversation happen between myself and another person, it happens exactly as I see it happen. The exact words...

I've gotten the feeling that the car the person I was with was going to be broken into, it was that same night.

The one that scared me was when I was visiting a friend, I got a bad feeling about their house, something just felt 'off'. We went on the deck to chat, I got the feeling the deck catching fire. Two weeks later, their entire house went up in flames. The fire Marshall determined the fire started on the deck.

Weird shit like that. I don't like to talk about it because people think I'm crazy.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani Posts: 7,790
    RKCNDY said:

RKCNDY said:

Really? Like what?

Like I'll 'see' a conversation happen between myself and another person, it happens exactly as I see it happen. The exact words...

I've gotten the feeling that the car the person I was with was going to be broken into, it was that same night.

The one that scared me was when I was visiting a friend, I got a bad feeling about their house, something just felt 'off'. We went on the deck to chat, I got the feeling the deck catching fire. Two weeks later, their entire house went up in flames. The fire Marshall determined the fire started on the deck.

Weird shit like that. I don't like to talk about it because people think I'm crazy.
    Tell me my future gypsy person.

Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
    RKCNDY said:

RKCNDY said:

Really? Like what?

If you ever have a premonition involving me, you have my permission to tell me.
    ELITIST FUK
    edited May 2015
    cdysinge said:

Tell me my future gypsy person.

I don't know you, it doesn't happen like that...on the other hand...
    SD48277 said:

If you ever have a premonition involving me, you have my permission to tell me.

^^^this girl, I've met...I could possibly get something...

- Christopher McCandless
  • Maybe when I send you those wine corks you'll get a premonition about where they came from and alert me of possible danger.

Do you ever 'see' good things, or just bad?
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124

tell us something about yourself, that you think none of us would have guessed.

I live with chadwick

Maybe when I send you those wine corks you'll get a premonition about where they came from and alert me of possible danger.
    Do you ever 'see' good things, or just bad?

When I entered a raffle, when they were drawing for the prize I wanted, I imagined them calling my name...I got a little overexcited when they did.
    I don't think of them as 'bad'...maybe more of warnings to change my expectations of things. I've tried to ignore them, but suppose I should pay more attention to it.

- Christopher McCandless
    rollings said:

tell us something about yourself, that you think none of us would have guessed.

I live with chadwick
    I think this is wonderful...

- Christopher McCandless
    SD48277 said:

SD48277 said:

Very sweet.
    Thank you :) I'm not photogenic at all so I tend to hide from the camera haha
  • GillycwGillycw Posts: 524
    I'm writing a book , just a hobby but if I eventually finish it I might do something with it.
  • GillycwGillycw Posts: 524
    RKCNDY said:

RKCNDY said:

Really? Like what?

Do you ever tell people when you feel things?
    hedonist said:

Well what evidence is there for anything else? Unless you have some religious beliefs, how could you possibly imagine there is anything beyond death? After all, we are nothing more than a bunch of cells at the end of the day...

Sorry for being terribly depressing :)

I don't find this depressing at all, Jenny! But, must say that while I don't necessarily have religious beliefs, I do harbor..."spiritual" ones. I don't believe that when we die, the energy we've generated, lived through, shared, is simply *poof*.

Guess I think we're more than just cells.
    On this topic - maybe I'll visit the 'death café' :p

http://www.thejournal.ie/death-cafe-dublin-2127341-May2015/?utm_source=facebook_short
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    I dont like to see people smilling fake for photos...i prefer to express themselfs with how they feeling the moment of the photo
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”

I dont like to see people smilling fake for photos...i prefer to express themselfs with how they feeling the moment of the photo

I suppose that you would generally like to think that people would mostly be taking photos of you at times when you would reasonably be expected to be happy? Although I've had my photo taken as a runner-up in tournaments and if I expressed how I was feeling at those times it wouldn't make for an attractive photo :D
  • NamiNami Posts: 5,995

I suppose that you would generally like to think that people would mostly be taking photos of you at times when you would reasonably be expected to be happy? Although I've had my photo taken as a runner-up in tournaments and if I expressed how I was feeling at those times it wouldn't make for an attractive photo :D
    i hate taking pictures and smiling for them is a real chore...i fake it every time.lol

unless the wife tickles me then i break
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
    Nami said:

i hate taking pictures and smiling for them is a real chore...i fake it every time.lol

unless the wife tickles me then i break
    I don't seem to be able to smile normally like other people, it always comes out as a weird grimace! There are some truly awful photos of me haha
    RKCNDY said:

RKCNDY said:

Really? Like what?

are there lotto jackpots in my future Miss RKCNDY?
    hehe
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
    In today's confessional.... I fight a daily battle with terrible skin as I have bad acne (as a result of my PCOS). It's constantly bringing me down and making me miserable. Frequently I'll decide not to go out just because I can't face people. I'm going to spend most of today worrying about it as I'm going to badminton tonight and my concealer really isn't going to do much to hide it this time
    :(

In today's confessional.... I fight a daily battle with terrible skin as I have bad acne (as a result of my PCOS). It's constantly bringing me down and making me miserable. Frequently I'll decide not to go out just because I can't face people. I'm going to spend most of today worrying about it as I'm going to badminton tonight and my concealer really isn't going to do much to hide it this time

i dont know to say Jenny but i what i know is this, dont let anything hold you back from what you enjoy. make sure you go tonight. :)
    Nami said:

i dont know to say Jenny but i what i know is this, dont let anything hold you back from what you enjoy. make sure you go tonight. :)
    Thank you :) I will go as a friend is going away to America for the summer and it'll be my last chance to see him. The good thing about playing sport is that I'm not thinking about my skin while I'm playing! It's particularly hard when I'm interested in a guy though, makes me even more self-conscious about it