Comments

• GillycwGillycw Posts: 524

Gillycw said:

imalive said:

over the counter medicine, in general...most of it doesn't do shit and it's absurdly expensive.

when I get sick, I just gut it out.

if they made something for a hangover that worked, I'd pay any price. but they don't...so I take some kirkland ibuprofen that doesn't do anything but is cheap.

Menudo is great for hangovers. And cheap.
    What is it?? Where do u get it?? I'll need it on Sunday
    You are in luck because it is served only on weekends at many places. Not sure if they have lots of Mexican food places in Sydney but if it is a good one, odds are they will make a mean Menudo.
    Menudo is a soup made with Tripe (cow stomach) and red chili peppers. It is awesome -- may sound not-so-great but if you have had some good Menudo you will dig it. (I have not used it for hangover battling purposes but I may have to try some time.)

I can't stand buying batteries.
    Thanks! Not sure they have that round these parts, only Tex Mex restaurants where I live. I might have to settle with a nice spicy Thai Laksa instead.

I hate buying those little sockette things you wear with flat shoes for work. They cost $5-$10 a pair & I only seem to get a few wears out of them before they disappear. I might have lost hundreds of the suckers!! WTF do they go???

• GillycwGillycw Posts: 524

Education. I honestly think knowledge be obtained freely.. Yet I understand the need for teachers and professors being paid.

Totally agree with you on this one - the one thing the commies got right
  • whispering handswhispering hands Posts: 13,527
    Gillycw said:

Education. I honestly think knowledge be obtained freely.. Yet I understand the need for teachers and professors being paid.

Totally agree with you on this one - the one thing the commies got right
    Yep!

And I also hate buying electronics.. Too much hassle for the fact that's it's obsolete by the time you walk out the door..
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    edited May 2015

I am not drinking any Mandingo soup.
    Just saying.

I cant stand buying cereal. I love cereal, dont get me wrong. I cant stand buying cereal because of the cost. We go through so much of it and that shit is expensive. If I buy the Wegmans/Shop Rite brands the family revolts even though it tastes pretty much the same. And dont get me started on Organic Fucking Cereal.

But some organic fucking cereal can be quite tasty and if you get it on sale . . . There is an Amish surplus store that we frequent when we are in the area. They aren't much into buying the organic products in the box (or at least not the people who patronize the store are) so I can buy a ton of organic cereal, pasta and other products much cheaper than the standard grocery shelf equivalent. (A dollar for a box of organic cereal, 60 cents for organic soup or pasta. And yes, I only purchase in date.)
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • OMGkatwomanOMGkatwoman Posts: 3,230
    Plastic storage bags
    Paper plates. I only use them once a year for my daughter's birthday party. We have enameled metal camping plates we wash when we go tent camping. We have standard dishes we use every day. Paper plates are a waste.
  • NamiNami Posts: 5,995

booze. it's ridiculously expensive compared to the US. it's criminal how much our federal government taxes us on that shit.

it is fucking ridiculous. Hitting up booze in PQ on my way home to newfie this year. Told the wife im filling the truck up. newfie beer $24 for 12 .... screw that make my own lol...i'll break eventually.
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    PJ_Soul said:

Very non-rubby, lol.

:rofl:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain Posts: 31,095
    edited May 2015
    Nami said:

booze. it's ridiculously expensive compared to the US. it's criminal how much our federal government taxes us on that shit.

it is fucking ridiculous. Hitting up booze in PQ on my way home to newfie this year. Told the wife im filling the truck up. newfie beer $24 for 12 .... screw that make my own lol...i'll break eventually.
    24 for 12? Holy crap!
    I went to the booze store with the wife yesterday and loaded up for our memorial day weekend party. $400..... But I had to make 3 trips to carry it all in to the bar.
    I can't stand buying booze in NJ.....only because they don't sell it at Costco here and it would have been 25% cheaper.

Also I can't stand buying food for picnics/pool parties like these. Even with burgers/dogs/corn and sides people dont realize how much this shit adds up to. 40 people eat and drink a lot!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    I am happy that I am not the only person who calls it the booze store. :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    food shopping, i hate it
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,898

Plastic storage bags

such a rip off....I'll re-use them maybe once, depending on what was in it.....my mother-in-law re-uses them waaaaaaaaaay too many times.

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    ^^ That's why I have the reusable sandwich and snack bags for my daughter's lunch.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,898
    deadendp said:

^^ That's why I have the reusable sandwich and snack bags for my daughter's lunch.

two things:

those wouldn't work for freezing

and

I want to know how to do that to a link.

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    ^^ PM'd you.
  • JWPearl said:

food shopping, i hate it

It's my favourite thing to shop for.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • MalrothMalroth Posts: 2,515
    edited May 2015
    DOCTORS

oops.. I got confused... I thought is was shopping for....I've never bought a doctor.
    Post edited by Malroth on
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani Posts: 7,790
    Water. It is already everywhere yet I need to buy more in a bottle because we havent figured out how to make decent drinking water that comes from tap.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • NamiNami Posts: 5,995

Nami said:

24 for 12? Holy crap!
    I went to the booze store with the wife yesterday and loaded up for our memorial day weekend party. $400..... But I had to make 3 trips to carry it all in to the bar.
    I can't stand buying booze in NJ.....only because they don't sell it at Costco here and it would have been 25% cheaper.

Also I can't stand buying food for picnics/pool parties like these. Even with burgers/dogs/corn and sides people dont realize how much this shit adds up to. 40 people eat and drink a lot!
    thats why you gotta do a byob and byof/potluck. lol prices today make it hard to entertain.... fuck im sounding old.

lol dont get me started on the weather.... fucking heat... what is it summer or something? lol
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888

JWPearl said:

food shopping, i hate it

It's my favourite thing to shop for.
    Me too. I love it. I have to do it alone because I am so slow about it that I would drive anyone with me nuts (I am capable of doing it fast when i have to though). I consider it a pleasurable activity rather than something I have to do.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,237
    Corkscrews
    www.cluthelee.com

Corkscrews

Doesn't 1 do the trick?

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    paper towels...use the kitchen towel so I can wash it! paper towels are for gross things...like when the dog barfs on the floor.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY said:

paper towels...use the kitchen towel so I can wash it! paper towels are for gross things...like when the dog barfs on the floor.

Doesn't the dog eat the barf right back up? Saves on paper towels!

RKCNDY said:

Doesn't the dog eat the barf right back up? Saves on paper towels!
    :sick:
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Has anyone mentioned stuff from the beauty supply store? Like make-up (I don't even wear much of it, but jeez! Some of the basic shit is either overpriced or the color/quality is off), shampoo, conditioner and face/body creams.
    hedonist said:

Has anyone mentioned stuff from the beauty supply store? Like make-up (I don't even wear much of it, but jeez! Some of the basic shit is either overpriced or the color/quality is off), shampoo, conditioner and face/body creams.

I have to buy curly hair shampoo. It's not cheap at all but then it helps me to have hair that doesn't look like I put my hand on a Van de Graaff generator.
    "no poo" =)

I've got curls too! Been using Redken and Shea Moisture products; will definitely check out the one in your link. Actually, I think my sister gave me a sample of their conditioner and I never pursued it after I used it up.

People with hair like us know a good product is hard to find, so well worth the investment.

(I love the rain, but curse how it makes me a frizz-head sometimes)
  • Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani Posts: 7,790
    Sex. I'm married so it always costs me something whether it be chores or something else.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
    Can't buy what I want because it's free.

And yes, I'm married too ;)