Comments

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    PJSiren said:

Has anyone mentioned BRAS....they are a pain in the ass to shop for, expensive as hell, and try to impale you when they reach the end of their life, I hate the damn things but they are necessary.

Yes! They are insanely expensive! And the more endowed women really suffer. It sucks. But once you find the right kind you have to just stick with it for as long as it stays on the market. That does make it easier. You can just order them online after that. :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani Posts: 7,790
    PJ_Soul said:

PJSiren said:

Has anyone mentioned BRAS....they are a pain in the ass to shop for, expensive as hell, and try to impale you when they reach the end of their life, I hate the damn things but they are necessary.

Yes! They are insanely expensive! And the more endowed women really suffer. It sucks. But once you find the right kind you have to just stick with it for as long as it stays on the market. That does make it easier. You can just order them online after that. :)
    If my wife saw this post she would laugh and say the more endowed women have no right to complain. About anything ever.

Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain Posts: 31,095
    Women have to buy big wiry expensive titslingers and have back pain. Men get to be motor-boating SOBs. Life is sad and unfair.

(I love life!)

I hate buying underwear too but as a guy the experience is so much easier. When I find comfortable ones I buy about 30 in the 4 packs at JCP for $150 and wear them for 4-5 years. When they start developing holes it is time for more. I cannot stand commando need to have drawers.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    cdysinge said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJSiren said:

If my wife saw this post she would laugh and say the more endowed women have no right to complain. About anything ever.

Then she has no idea what we go through.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    She has asked for an 'enhancement' since I have known her. I always told her when she turned 40 I would pony up for it. I figure by that point I know I am the only one to get to enjoy them. Well, I turn 40 in a couple weeks and her in 1 1/2 years so I guess I better save up
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
    cdysinge said:

She has asked for an 'enhancement' since I have known her. I always told her when she turned 40 I would pony up for it. I figure by that point I know I am the only one to get to enjoy them. Well, I turn 40 in a couple weeks and her in 1 1/2 years so I guess I better save up

I know a guy who is on his third marriage. (He has issues)
    He buys his wife enhancement as a wedding present and she loves them.
    They split.
    He buys his second wife the same enhancement. Same doctor, same package, same exact breasts.
    They split.
    He just got married again and this time he didn't even wait until he got married to buy his then gf the same enhancement. Same doctor, same package, same exact job for the 3rd time.

He has issues. Large issues. And he keeps finding women who have as many issues as he does and fall in and out of love with him.
    People are strange.
  • PJSiren said:

In that same vein, sports bras, especially for the well-endowed. I am not paying $50 + for a bra I am going to stank up. I go the cheap as shit frugal route and wear 2-3 bras at a time when I'm working out. Keeps the girls calm and in line ;)
    Push me and I will resist . . .
    Let me run into the rain . . . .to shine a human light today . . .
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056

I hate buying underwear too but as a guy the experience is so much easier. When I find comfortable ones I buy about 30 in the 4 packs at JCP for $150 and wear them for 4-5 years. When they start developing holes it is time for more. I cannot stand commando need to have drawers.

I got a pair of Saxx a few months ago, and I'm now resigned to paying like $25-$40/pair for underwear. I don't want to pay that much, but the difference is worth it. The material is 10x more comfortable, and those 'wings' are fucking awesome, esp in warmer weather.
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524

I got a pair of Saxx a few months ago, and I'm now resigned to paying like $25-$40/pair for underwear. I don't want to pay that much, but the difference is worth it. The material is 10x more comfortable, and those 'wings' are fucking awesome, esp in warmer weather.
    Whoa whoa...what are "wings"?

$40 for a pair of drawers? I have too much disposable income now but not as much as you! :)
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    PJ_Soul said:

PJSiren said:

Tell me about it. $76 for ONE. And I need to have like 10 on hand at all times. In London I found a brick & mortar store where I could try on and buy on site. I bought 7. I considered moving over there.

Let's start a letter writing campaign to bring Bravisimo to the US!
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    PJ_Soul said:

cdysinge said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJSiren said:

I worked my way through college doing several jobs, including a bridal consultant. (Yes, those people you see on Yes to the Dress. For the record, I don't watch that show. I lived it.) At any rate, I also had to measure said folks for dresses. The largest I encountered was a HH. Yes gentlemen, a HH. Now, when you've never left the beginning of the alphabet with such things and you are built rather petite, not only is this overwhelming, but my arms weren't big enough to get the tape around her chest to measure. (I had to flip the tape over her head and not make it obvious.) I also had a woman who measured a FF. The HH was upright and perky with no back problems. Mom took her from a young age to have undergarments properly fit and made for her. FF did not. She was slumped over with straps digging into her shoulders. The FFs were deforming her.

We've now all learned that it is important to wear the proper size and form of undergarment. Ladies, I'm glad that I have no back issues, no sagging and no need to wear multiple undergarments to keep everything underhand. :confounded: They sell filler at the store if I need to look a little, well, more voluptuous.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
    FF pictures?
    That was about 18 years ago, but it's burned into my brain.

FF pictures?

I don't want to see the FF. HH pictures?

Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • NamiNami Posts: 5,995
    cdysinge said:

FF pictures?

I don't want to see the FF. HH pictures?

lol pictures period
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
    deadendp said:

PJ_Soul said:

cdysinge said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJSiren said:

I worked my way through college doing several jobs, including a bridal consultant. (Yes, those people you see on Yes to the Dress. For the record, I don't watch that show. I lived it.) At any rate, I also had to measure said folks for dresses. The largest I encountered was a HH. Yes gentlemen, a HH. Now, when you've never left the beginning of the alphabet with such things and you are built rather petite, not only is this overwhelming, but my arms weren't big enough to get the tape around her chest to measure. (I had to flip the tape over her head and not make it obvious.) I also had a woman who measured a FF. The HH was upright and perky with no back problems. Mom took her from a young age to have undergarments properly fit and made for her. FF did not. She was slumped over with straps digging into her shoulders. The FFs were deforming her.

We've now all learned that it is important to wear the proper size and form of undergarment. Ladies, I'm glad that I have no back issues, no sagging and no need to wear multiple undergarments to keep everything underhand. :confounded: They sell filler at the store if I need to look a little, well, more voluptuous.
    I've seen the episode of that show with the girl with the size G who had problems finding a dress to fit her. that shit is no joke and people don't understand it and think it's funny.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    edited May 2015

$40 for a pair of drawers? I have too much disposable income now but not as much as you! :)
    everything is expensive here...I think a three pack of cheap undies are more like $15-20....they don't last and the comfort is nowhere near the same. I haven't paid $40/pair yet, there are fancier colour combos n patterns and whatnot that increase the price.
    hedonist said:

Whoa whoa...what are "wings"?

:lol:....there are two strips of material that run along the sides of your package that kinda cup you....keeps things away from your legs. most of the time when you see a guy 'adjusting', it's because they're wearing boxers, and things are sticking to each other, or to their legs. This takes care of half that problem....glad you asked? :lol:

Can't find a pic of the wings, but this is the site:
    https://www.saxxunderwear.com/home/shop-underwear.html

They're moisture wicking and 10x as soft as normal cotton...I have two pair and am constantly trying to wash them so I don't have to wear other ones lol...love them.
    Ahh, thanks, Drowned!

My guy enjoys the freedom of boxers (and thank god, doesn't pull a Cosmo "I'm out there and loving every minute of it!" Kramer =) )

May treat him to a pair of these.
    Free balling doesn't work here in AZ. Sweaty balls are a very real thing. I would laugh hard if I ever saw crotch stains.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
    Yup, it's like the support of briefs but even more comfy than boxers. He will never want to go back to cheap ones, be careful! :smiley:
    Or you could get him these:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-Sexy-Backless-Bulge-Pouch-Mens-G-String-Underwear-Bikini-T-back-Thong-/390974730176?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5b07e8efc0

(a friend posted that link on fb yesterday. too funny).
    ldent42 said:

deadendp said:

PJ_Soul said:

cdysinge said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJSiren said:

I've seen the episode of that show with the girl with the size G who had problems finding a dress to fit her. that shit is no joke and people don't understand it and think it's funny.
    The woman with the FF was truly becoming deformed. The woman with the HH who had bras made to fit her since the beginning, she looked like a perky teenager. I, completely not speaking from experience at all, think it can partially be how you deal with it. You know you need a lil extra support and you go get it. I saw the difference between those that had been tended to properly and those that if you ignored them, they certainly would go away. I assure you that away they did not go. More like, down to her knees is where they went. I really felt sorry for the woman. Ms. FF couldn't even stand up straight.
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    deadendp said:

ldent42 said:

deadendp said:

PJ_Soul said:

cdysinge said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJSiren said:

The woman with the FF was truly becoming deformed. The woman with the HH who had bras made to fit her since the beginning, she looked like a perky teenager. I, completely not speaking from experience at all, think it can partially be how you deal with it. You know you need a lil extra support and you go get it. I saw the difference between those that had been tended to properly and those that if you ignored them, they certainly would go away. I assure you that away they did not go. More like, down to her knees is where they went. I really felt sorry for the woman. Ms. FF couldn't even stand up straight.
    Bra shopping is hideous. I hate it. My daughter has a friend who is a GG (18 years old) and she's miserable. Can't find a bathing suit. Finding a prom dress was a nightmare.

Changing the subject drastically - our slow cooker came today and it's as big as a small car. Where the hell are we supposed to put it?
    Enkidu said:

deadendp said:

ldent42 said:

deadendp said:

PJ_Soul said:

cdysinge said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJSiren said:

Bra shopping is hideous. I hate it. My daughter has a friend who is a GG (18 years old) and she's miserable. Can't find a bathing suit. Finding a prom dress was a nightmare.

Changing the subject drastically - our slow cooker came today and it's as big as a small car. Where the hell are we supposed to put it?
    The way dresses are sized in the wedding industry is that you have to accommodate the largest measurement and work from there. I regularly had to have size 8 girls order a 14 or a 16 just to accommodate for bust size, then they had to have mountains of fabric taken in from there. You can always take it in, but you can only let it out so much. If they try the dress on and force the zipper, they have then permanently pierced/pulled the fabric (depending upon what it is with velvet crushing and being the worst) and negating any possibility of being able to let the dress out. The industry runs 1-3 sizes small anyhow, so that doesn't help either. I had girls in tears.

I store my crock-pot downstairs in the basement on the pantry shelves. If no basement, maybe an attic, a linen closet, a carport or a parking space out front. ;)

Yup, it's like the support of briefs but even more comfy than boxers. He will never want to go back to cheap ones, be careful! :smiley:
    Or you could get him these:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-Sexy-Backless-Bulge-Pouch-Mens-G-String-Underwear-Bikini-T-back-Thong-/390974730176?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5b07e8efc0

(a friend posted that link on fb yesterday. too funny).

A "friend"...? :whistle:

I have a photo of my brother-in-law prancing around in something similar, but with an elephant motif.

Tried to blackmail him with it, but the fucker's proud of it =)

Okay, the fact that the link has "viewed today" tally makes me die laughing. :rofl:
    Hey, I just learned what "thong bag" means!
    hedonist said:

Hey, I just learned what "thong bag" means!

The visual that I now have in my head. :fearful:
    deadendp said:

ldent42 said:

deadendp said:

PJ_Soul said:

cdysinge said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJSiren said:

stahp you're scaring me

The problem I think is that most stores don't even tell you there's anything bigger than a DD. Victorias Secret and H&M, they only carry up to a DD or maybe a DDD if you're lucky. And they don't even tell you that larger sizes exist. If you don't live someplace where you have access to specialty stores for a fitting you are assed out. The women in VS will lie to you too. I kept saying that it's not fitting right and they would just say "no that's how its gonna be because of your size, the middle part is never going to be flat against you." Which is a flat out lie. When I finally learned about the speciality stores and went in for the fitting they were like "you're squeezing yourself into something that's three sizes too small." They're insanely expensive in the store so I found Bare Necessities online and they USED TO have free return shipping with shopprunner. They don't anymore, so I have to pay $7 to ship back whatever doesn't fit right. And it's not like you have your size so you can order in that size and you'll be good. You need to adjust and try on every single fucking bra to see if it fits. I hate it. I usually keep 2-3 out of 10. They had a crazy sale on so I ordered 6 in a brand I never heard of before and the one $76 one which I already have, in the SAME SIZE. The unknown brand runs so small that I had about 2 inches away from being able to fasten it at all. The one I already have fits exactly how it's supposed to.

I may or may not have included a passive aggressive tirade on my return slip.
    edited May 2015
    ldent42 said:

deadendp said:

ldent42 said:

deadendp said:

PJ_Soul said:

cdysinge said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJSiren said:

stahp you're scaring me

The problem I think is that most stores don't even tell you there's anything bigger than a DD. Victorias Secret and H&M, they only carry up to a DD or maybe a DDD if you're lucky. And they don't even tell you that larger sizes exist. If you don't live someplace where you have access to specialty stores for a fitting you are assed out. The women in VS will lie to you too. I kept saying that it's not fitting right and they would just say "no that's how its gonna be because of your size, the middle part is never going to be flat against you." Which is a flat out lie. When I finally learned about the speciality stores and went in for the fitting they were like "you're squeezing yourself into something that's three sizes too small." They're insanely expensive in the store so I found Bare Necessities online and they USED TO have free return shipping with shopprunner. They don't anymore, so I have to pay $7 to ship back whatever doesn't fit right. And it's not like you have your size so you can order in that size and you'll be good. You need to adjust and try on every single fucking bra to see if it fits. I hate it. I usually keep 2-3 out of 10. They had a crazy sale on so I ordered 6 in a brand I never heard of before and the one $76 one which I already have, in the SAME SIZE. The unknown brand runs so small that I had about 2 inches away from being able to fasten it at all. The one I already have fits exactly how it's supposed to.

I may or may not have included a passive aggressive tirade on my return slip.
    I probably would have written a bit of a tirade myself.

This is where we come to the point with clothing. Why can't we have standard sizing? Men can walk in and say that they wear a 32/32 (or however you write it), they can walk to the shelf and KNOW that it will fit. We can't. You can't just buy a pair of jeans. You have to try every blasted pair on because the sizing of one company doesn't align with the sizing of another company. Why is it that they can standardize sizing for men (gentlemen, correct me if I'm wrong) and they just can't seem to do it for women?

Yes, I know that we are all built differently. This bra conversation pretty much clarifies that not every one of us ladies on the forum shop from the same side of the rack. Still, standard measurements, people! It can't be that hard.

Oh, and we aren't all 5'9" and the build of a ballerina. My 11 year old is taller than me, weighs less than me but carries her weight mostly through the torso. Add to it the long waist she has and it is just a JOY to find clothes for her.

Standard sizes, please. Oh, and more bra sizes for those who need them. Standardize the sizes in those, too-- please!