Comments

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013

RKCNDY said:

paper towels...use the kitchen towel so I can wash it! paper towels are for gross things...like when the dog barfs on the floor.

Doesn't the dog eat the barf right back up? Saves on paper towels!
    No! That's nasty!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,427
    cdysinge said:

Water. It is already everywhere yet I need to buy more in a bottle because we havent figured out how to make decent drinking water that comes from tap.

Most bottled water comes from municipal sources, ie, same shit you drink from the tap. Just get a Brita dispenser. They're like $45, filters last 6-12 weeks depending on how much you drink, replacements are about $5-8, and you can recycle your old filters.

cdysinge said:

Water. It is already everywhere yet I need to buy more in a bottle because we havent figured out how to make decent drinking water that comes from tap.

Most bottled water comes from municipal sources, ie, same shit you drink from the tap. Just get a Brita dispenser. They're like $45, filters last 6-12 weeks depending on how much you drink, replacements are about $5-8, and you can recycle your old filters.
    where?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain Posts: 31,095
    My fridge filters the water well, or so far as I can tell. Filter lasts probably 3-4 months but we use it a lot.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,427
    RKCNDY said:

cdysinge said:

where?
    There are drop-off locations, though I find they are very few and far between unless you live in a major metropolitan area. Or they do mail-ins. It's for Brita brand only, so no PUR or any other brand filters.
    Here's a link for more info: https://brita.com/recycling-filters/

RKCNDY said:

cdysinge said:

where?
    There are drop-off locations, though I find they are very few and far between unless you live in a major metropolitan area. Or they do mail-ins. It's for Brita brand only, so no PUR or any other brand filters.
    Here's a link for more info: https://brita.com/recycling-filters/
    Thanks, we've had a Brita for ages...the old school 2 gallon tank in the fridge. I always wondered if I could recycle them or not. Looks like I'll have to wait until the Whole Foods opens in West Seattle...should be in the next year or so.

My boss goes through 3 cases of water every 10 days or so. At least she recycles the bottles I guess.

- Christopher McCandless
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    If you own your own place, I suggest you look into getting an in-line water filter built in. We had one put in when we needed to replace our sink and it is fantastic. We have a separate little tap for the filtered water which is really easy to use. The water tastes great at all times, and you can also use it to fill a kettle, coffee maker, or pots for cooking, unlike a refrigerator spout. Victoria has pretty tasty tap water most of the time anyway, but in the winter when we get our endless rain it can end up tasting muddy, and this filtration system takes away any off taste, plus filters out any bacterial or parasitic contamination and anything else you don't want to be drinking. We have to change the filter about every 3 or 4 months. No bottles to buy or dispose of.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    We probably will get an in line tap filter, but after the kitchen is remodeled. Seattle has pretty decent water, but the house is old, so the water can taste funky despite gettin new copper lines.

- Christopher McCandless
  • deadendp said:

hedonist said:

Has anyone mentioned stuff from the beauty supply store? Like make-up (I don't even wear much of it, but jeez! Some of the basic shit is either overpriced or the color/quality is off), shampoo, conditioner and face/body creams.

I have to buy curly hair shampoo. It's not cheap at all but then it helps me to have hair that doesn't look like I put my hand on a Van de Graaff generator.
    I use devacurl too!!! It kills me a little bit inside everytime I have to fork over the $, but OMG, it makes a huge difference. I've even tried to find a cheaper alternative, but always come back to it.
    Push me and I will resist . . .
    Let me run into the rain . . . .to shine a human light today . . .
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434

deadendp said:

hedonist said:

Has anyone mentioned stuff from the beauty supply store? Like make-up (I don't even wear much of it, but jeez! Some of the basic shit is either overpriced or the color/quality is off), shampoo, conditioner and face/body creams.

I have to buy curly hair shampoo. It's not cheap at all but then it helps me to have hair that doesn't look like I put my hand on a Van de Graaff generator.
    I use devacurl too!!! It kills me a little bit inside everytime I have to fork over the $, but OMG, it makes a huge difference. I've even tried to find a cheaper alternative, but always come back to it.
    Do you get the Deva cut to go with the Deva Curl? Makes all the difference. Now I don't walk around looking like Bozo's sister. That is unless it's humid. It all goes to hell then and there is nothing we can do about it except throw it into a pony tail or a bun!
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • deadendp said:

deadendp said:

hedonist said:

Do you get the Deva cut to go with the Deva Curl? Makes all the difference. Now I don't walk around looking like Bozo's sister. That is unless it's humid. It all goes to hell then and there is nothing we can do about it except throw it into a pony tail or a bun!
    What's the Deva cut? like an actual haircut for curly hair using her technique? I live in such a rural area, that I don't even have the first clue as to where to go to do that. I have gotten so tired of hairstylists not knowing how to cut my friggin hair, that I haven't been cutting it at all! Like for 2 years! So I guess there's something else I hate paying for too . . . . haircuts :)
  • Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani Posts: 7,790
    Manscapping. I asked for the deva cut and they fucked it all up. I swear these people don't know what they are doing.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,898
    cdysinge said:

real men drink tap water.

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    deadendp said:

deadendp said:

hedonist said:

this thread is useless without pictures.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • imalive said:

deadendp said:

deadendp said:

hedonist said:

Yup, that looks like my hair on Suave

imalive said:

deadendp said:

deadendp said:

hedonist said:

Suave is my "go to" (30% free!)

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    imalive said:

imalive said:

deadendp said:

deadendp said:

hedonist said:

What is with the quotes? And the clown - I feel like I've had LSD.
    edited May 2015
    imalive said:

imalive said:

deadendp said:

deadendp said:

hedonist said:

That's because you obviously don't have curly hair.

Bozo needs a bit more lift. I think you need a more recent photo. One kind of like Nick Nolte's mug shot, but poofier and with curls!

A Deva cut is done by someone specifically trained by the Deva people. We curly hair girls (or guys) can't just have anyone cut our hair because cutting curly hair is not like cutting straight hair. The Deva cut is actually cut twice. You get your hair cut dry, it's washed in the Deva stuff and cut again. It lays flatter and the curls are more uniform. Look it up on the website. I found Tara on accident. If you are ever in NE Ohio, I will take you to see Tara, The Goddess of Deva Cuts, myself!

I can't stand buying eyeliner that says that says it is smudge proof, but when you walk out of a concert that was a bit warmish and a lil muggy before they put the fog machines on and it only got worse as the concert went on, said eyeliner leaves you to walk out looking as if you've slept in your make-up. This is not a good look. The stuff isn't cheap and I really don't need to have my make-up melting down my face.
    Where is Empty. I make a joke about getting a Deva cut down there and it goes unnoticed. I knew I should have gone with reverse manzillian with a twist on that one. I'm losing my touch.

Anyways, I hate buying expensive grain free dog food. We pay a fortune for it and the damn dog prefers the cats liter box instead. I should go back to alpo.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
    edited May 2015
    We have to buy grain free cat food and the cat prefers human food.

I didn't really know where to go with the manscape comment, so I kind of let it go. I'm sorry you feel ignored. Deva cut is for up top, not down below. :fearful: (Yes, I know you know that.) I'm sure if you search around, you could probably find someone willing to attempt it for you. Degeneratepalooza, perhaps?
    Post edited by deadendp on
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    cdysinge said:

Where is Empty. I make a joke about getting a Deva cut down there and it goes unnoticed. I knew I should have gone with reverse manzillian with a twist on that one. I'm losing my touch.

Anyways, I hate buying expensive grain free dog food. We pay a fortune for it and the damn dog prefers the cats liter box instead. I should go back to alpo.

Maybe because earlier you called it "manscaPPing". Sounds painful and somewhat awkward =)

My hair in a ponytail looks like Sideshow Bob's.
    deadendp said:

We have to buy grain free cat food and the cat prefers human food.

I didn't really know where to go with the manscape comment, so I kind of let it go. I'm sorry you feel ignored. Deva cut is for up top, not down below. :fearful: (Yes, I know you know that.) I'm sure if you search around, you could probably find someone willing to attempt it for you. Degeneratepalooza, perhaps?

That's another booth to be set up. I'm sure cdysinge has time, though - one day is enough. It can go beside the naked twister tent.
    Done. Looking for volunteers to work in the booth. No experience needed as some might like it rough.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain Posts: 31,095
    I can't stand buying gas tanks for my grill. Have to lug them around and always keep a spare. Need to go back to bricks!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    Liquor...we have a 20.9% liquor tax, and on top of that another ' per liter' tax...so it really hurts buying at Costco. I just paid $6.98 in tax on a a $19 bottle of liquor.

- Christopher McCandless
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    I had to buy a slow cooker today. The excitement nearly killed me.
    Enkidu said:

Slow day, hmm?
  • RKCNDY said:

Liquor...we have a 20.9% liquor tax, and on top of that another ' per liter' tax...so it really hurts buying at Costco. I just paid $6.98 in tax on a a $19 bottle of liquor.

That's outrageous
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524

Enkidu said:

Slow day, hmm?
    I saw that!

But...I want to know what constitutes "having" to buy a slow-cooker.

(bought one a few months ago and have used it only once - and yes, I feel a bit guilty, given my high hopes for the thing)
    Dog poo bags.

Some are good, some are bad...and you find out the hard way which ones are the shitty ones, and since they are typically sold in packs of 4 or more rolls, you're stuck with 99 crappy poo bags.

- Christopher McCandless