Record Store Day Mystery Vinyl

Comments

• hacohen3hacohen3 Posts: 16
    I gotta be honest, I have been a member for a year and EVERYTHING has been an issue. I can't justify reuping my membership. I love PJ & will never stop seeing them live but I feel like a sucker.
  • RedMosquito02RedMosquito02 Posts: 2,560
    Just got my money back without explanation. Keep it classy 10C!
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 4,957
    I still haven't heard one word from 10c about my order. I'm not expecting to actually get any vinyl out of this at this point but the fact that more than 48 hours later and I still haven't heard a peep from 10c regarding my order is pathetic. I've obtained more info from other members on the forum than I have from the club. Keep up the good work 10c.
  • Father HubbardFather Hubbard Chicago Posts: 1,591
    Here's a response to my blank order number (sorry if this is posted somewhere in this thread):

Hi,
    You received an order confirmation screen in error.
    If there had been an order number associated with this confirmation screen, you would see the order in your profile and you would receive an order confirmation email.
    The amount in question is an authorization and has been released.
    Thanks
    10c
  • DoDaFooDoDaFoo Seattle, WA Posts: 248
    Just got an email response from the 10c saying that I received an order confirmation screen in error. I replied saying

"So I received an order confirmation screen in error even though it cleared my cart, charged my card, and wouldnt let me purchase the item again because it said I already had? That's disappointing. Will you be doing anything to compensate the many people this happened to?"

What a joke.
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,516
    edited April 2015
    Cheeto73 said:

2 CC charges, one on sat, one today. no conf email and blank final screen. also, after i had "purchased" it, i went back to add it to cart again, and it said i couldnt purchase the item because i had purchased it already

why charge my card again if you plan on not sending me anything (which is what i expect thats going to happen)

The first charge is probably a pre-authorization charge. The second one is them permanently charging it. The temp charge will probably disappear after roughly 3 business days. I've got the same thing going on. It happens because sometimes companies hit the card to make sure it's valid before permanently making the charge. For some reason (when done by some companies) it looks like a 2nd charge a few later. Other companies (like gas stations) the amount simply changes to the amount you actually bought.

It's one the drawbacks from giving people access to the temporary authorization information on credit card activity. They can see all the messed up behind the scenes stuff. There's a reason some banks won't let you see it (IE they'll have to field calls from people that don't understand how it works).

Decent banking website at least make some kind of indicator if the charge is still temporary or if it's become permanent, which makes it a bit easier to look at. My online banking lists the temp charges at the top, and once it's permanent it has a column for date posted. That column is blank unless the charge is permanent.
    Post edited by Zod on
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352
    jvoorhees said:

Now... What about those that recd a confirmation number/order number at the end of the order.... No email confirmation though.... Nothing in my order history... And a pending charge/preauth on the cc... Still waiting myself to hear back from 10C...

Keep us updated. I think it is not looking good though.

• 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,237
    What a giant peanut cluster.
    www.cluthelee.com
    IRONY

• En La ClandestinidadEn La Clandestinidad Telford, PA by way of Kansas City, MO and Milwaukee, WI, Phoenix, AZ and East Greenbush, NY Posts: 3,647
    hacohen3 said:

I gotta be honest, I have been a member for a year and EVERYTHING has been an issue. I can't justify reuping my membership. I love PJ & will never stop seeing them live but I feel like a sucker.

We are suckers...that's why they can pull stuff like this...
    Formerly Brew Crew Tix
    “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.
  • FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    just_one said:

Still hoping for a Sevens Box and a Avocato , would be beyond happy if i got those :) even more than Benaroya Hall to be honest.

The odds of getting these kind of dream packages aren't good. If ypu even get 1 it would be a big result. I'm sure there is going to be a lot of disappointed ten club members at the end of this whole experience. Buying one was a massive gamble by my calculations. Can't quite figure out of I did the right thing even buying one now. I feel lucky for the moment.

hacohen3 said:

I wouldn't say suckers. The band and the 10 club are two separate things. We all love the band and their music so we try to support them through the club and various other outlets. Unfortunately though, the fan club is becoming increasingly inept and apathetic to it's members concerns which makes the former more and more difficult.
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    They should have a call in show again on pj radio.

I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    Keep in mind that they didn't need to release these vinyls at all. The band wanted these to get into the hands of faithful ten club fans. Would a lottery have been better...yes. But sometimes things don't go the way you've hoped. I'm disappointed that I couldn't check out my cart, but life goes on. Feel bad for cancelled orders. That does suck. Again, I would say thanks to ten club for opportunities like this. Gotta be greedy when I say MORE PLEASE!!! :)
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • En La ClandestinidadEn La Clandestinidad Telford, PA by way of Kansas City, MO and Milwaukee, WI, Phoenix, AZ and East Greenbush, NY Posts: 3,647

hacohen3 said:

I wouldn't say suckers. The band and the 10 club are two separate things. We all love the band and their music so we try to support them through the club and various other outlets. Unfortunately though, the fan club is becoming increasingly inept and apathetic to it's members concerns which makes the former more and more difficult.
    Yeah they are two separate things, the fan club is the frustrating part. The band still puts on great shows without this Green Disease style stuff. I am just glad that I am not butt hurt about not getting the mystery vinyl, to me it's just the poor quality of service that is given time and time again...
    Formerly Brew Crew Tix
    “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Posts: 4,895
    Maybe they would be less apathetic if we bitched less, lets face there is a whole lot of complaining about pretty much everything no matter what. We as members have to realize we are entitled to nothing except some e-letters, a late single, and some small free gift. The rest is GRAVY, opportunity, bonus stuff!
    They should just start to reissue their music on vinyl. I loved that they did this and I am stoked that I got a pack. But there are so many who lost out. Maybe they are just cleaning the warehouse to fill it with reissues?
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    hrd2imgn said:

Maybe they would be less apathetic if we bitched less, lets face there is a whole lot of complaining about pretty much everything no matter what. We as members have to realize we are entitled to nothing except some e-letters, a late single, and some small free gift. The rest is GRAVY, opportunity, bonus stuff!

Agree, but I will say....if they'd post something or send a mass email saying it was broke the bitching would be far less.

But, whatever....just tour and I'm good.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
    hrd2imgn said:

This is a great point to be honest. Thanks for posting this...I still don't think it is a good reason to give crappy service, but this really helps get the focus back around too. I have made it a point to never complain on here, but this one on top of other finally got to me.
    Formerly Brew Crew Tix
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,516
    FR181798 said:

just_one said:

Still hoping for a Sevens Box and a Avocato , would be beyond happy if i got those :) even more than Benaroya Hall to be honest.

The odds of getting these kind of dream packages aren't good. If ypu even get 1 it would be a big result. I'm sure there is going to be a lot of disappointed ten club members at the end of this whole experience. Buying one was a massive gamble by my calculations. Can't quite figure out of I did the right thing even buying one now. I feel lucky for the moment.
    It seems like there's a 50/50 shot at getting something rare. Which means there's about a 50/50 shot at getting something extreme common. It's kind of like a lottery. If you end up with a black vinyl copy of lightning bolt or backspacer (which are easy to find for uber cheap) your going to have way overpaid (especially if you live outside the US and paid expensive shipping). On the other hand you could end up with a rare studio album which makes the $70ish USD dollars look cheap. The people that win will have done so on the backs of those who don't.

This is generally the 10c's way of clearing out unwanted merch. Mix it in with coveted merch (aka the mystery boxes or mystery poster sales). The 50/50 odds of getting something decent on this one seem a bit higher that other mystery sales the 10c have done. It's about the same odds as blackjack :)
  • joberschlakejoberschlake Posts: 1,179

They aren't that stupid. You think they want to hear how horrible this sale was, and then their handling of the server and order fuck ups were? I'd love to hear that show, but it's a bigger pipe dream than getting a Benaroya Hall mystery vinyl.
    1998: Cleveland
    2000: Cincinnati, Columbus
    2003: Cleveland, Columbus
    2004: Toledo
    2006: Cleveland, Cincinnati, Gorge Night 1
    2008: Washington D.C.
    2009: Chicago Night 1, Seattle Night 1, Philadelphia Night 3, Philadelphia Night 4
    2010: Columbus, Indianapolis, Cleveland
    2011: Detroit EV, Chicago 1 EV
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Chicago, Pittsburgh
    2014: Cincinnati
  • joberschlakejoberschlake Posts: 1,179
    I received the same email about my refund today as everyone else.

The huge problem I have with it is that I could not reorder after that because it told me I have already ordered.

HUGE FAIL.
    1998: Cleveland
    2000: Cincinnati, Columbus
    2003: Cleveland, Columbus
    2004: Toledo
    2006: Cleveland, Cincinnati, Gorge Night 1
    2008: Washington D.C.
    2009: Chicago Night 1, Seattle Night 1, Philadelphia Night 3, Philadelphia Night 4
    2010: Columbus, Indianapolis, Cleveland
    2011: Detroit EV, Chicago 1 EV
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Chicago, Pittsburgh
    2014: Cincinnati
  • just_onejust_one Posts: 2,114
    edited April 2015
    FR181798 said:

just_one said:

To be honest it was my first time buying something exclusive to ten club (since im a recent member) thats why i brought it and also i have very few PJ Vinyl (Live on 10 Legs , Lightning Bolt and Ten Superdeluxe boxset) with the luck i have im gonna probably get a side project lp but a PJ LP would be perfect and i just love the backdrop blue color of the avocato cover.
  • jerparker20jerparker20 Posts: 2,461

That would be worth a listen. I'm sure someone would break down in tears on air.
  • derbydavederbydave Posts: 11,254
    Didn't see this mentioned anywhere in the 65 pages of this thread,
    so let me ask this question.
    I buy a lot of posters from artist websites...
    several of these sites offer a PayPal option when purchasing posters.
    They even tell you that while a PayPal account isn't required to buy a poster,
    the purchases are processed more efficiently if you use PayPal.
    Could this be an possible solution to the cart problem??
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• ewok pantsewok pants Posts: 320
    Is this where we start playing the shipping weight game?

Weight (lbs.): 2.2000

Is this where we start playing the shipping weight game?

Weight (lbs.): 2.2000

:rofl:
    I am so tempted to look how much mine weighs, but I don't wanna ruin the surprise. Good or bad.
  • morellomorello Posts: 6,212
    No 'pending' charge showing on my credit card anymore so I guess that's confirmation I didn't get anything even though I did get the "congratulations.........your order number is...BLANK....." screen at one point Sunday morning NZT. Bummer. :(
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
    Aw damn, morello :minus_one:
  • The NorthThe North Posts: 95
    Zod said:

FR181798 said:

just_one said:

It seems like there's a 50/50 shot at getting something rare. Which means there's about a 50/50 shot at getting something extreme common. It's kind of like a lottery. If you end up with a black vinyl copy of lightning bolt or backspacer (which are easy to find for uber cheap) your going to have way overpaid (especially if you live outside the US and paid expensive shipping). On the other hand you could end up with a rare studio album which makes the $70ish USD dollars look cheap. The people that win will have done so on the backs of those who don't.

This is generally the 10c's way of clearing out unwanted merch. Mix it in with coveted merch (aka the mystery boxes or mystery poster sales). The 50/50 odds of getting something decent on this one seem a bit higher that other mystery sales the 10c have done. It's about the same odds as blackjack :)
    I consider this a very expensive lottery ticket that I bought........I am way more likely to add another lighting bolt to my collection than a Benny, but at least I have a chance at something I would otherwise not be able to purchase.