Options

Record Store Day Mystery Vinyl

Comments

• Options
    Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,267

BEST POST I READ ABOUT MYSTERY VINYL..HAHAHAHAHAHAHA./..EPIC!!!

"A tale of woe from this weekend.

Early Saturday morning I went down to the local convenience store because they were having a sale on Coke. I haven’t bought a Coke in a while so I figured I would show up and get one. Other cola is good, but real Coke is special.

Well it was a really good sale and there was only one left by the time I got there. So I picked it up and went to the cashier. I didn’t have any cash so I got out my credit card. When I handed it to the cashier, he asked to see my ID. So I got out my ID and handed it over. He looked at it and then handed it back. But when I tried to hand him my credit card, he stopped me and told me he had memory problems and could not remember who I was. So he asked for my ID again. Confused, I gave him my ID a second time. He looked it over and handed it back. I tried to give him my credit card again. He apologized, said something about OCD, and then asked for my ID again, just to be on the safe side. This went on for about 15 minutes.

Once I finally convinced him that I was who I said I was, he accepted my credit card. But he had trouble swiping it. He tried to swipe it again and again, but the machine wouldn’t read it. So he tried to manually enter the numbers. But before doing that, he once again needed to be reminded who I was, so he asked for my ID again. After 15 minutes or so, he was finally able to successfully enter my credit card number into the register. However, just before he could punch the button to complete the sale, the register apparently blinked off and then back on again, as if it had momentarily lost power. My credit card info was somehow cleared and was no longer on the screen. So the cashier had to re-enter it, after again checking my ID of course, because he wanted to be extra sure I was who I said I was. At this point, my patience was coming to an end and the people in line behind me were getting frustrated.

I set the Coke down on the counter and asked if I could help. The cashier asked me to come look at the screen and see for myself. So I walked around the counter and looked and sure enough, the machine was acting erratically. Every time he entered my credit card number, the screen would blank out and he would have to start over. Now the worst part. The guy behind me was disappointed that they were out of Coke so he got a Pepsi instead. But when I walked around the counter, he saw my Coke sitting there. He must have thought I had abandoned it. Before I could react, he picked up my Coke. Not one second later a second cashier came back from break, opened their register and called for the next person in line. The guy with my Coke took five steps to the right, whipped out his card, gave it to the cashier, paid and walked off with the last Coke while I stood there with my jaw open, examining my cashier’s blank screen. I gathered myself and quietly told the cashier that I would go ahead and take a Pepsi. He asked for my ID.""

LMAO frickin brilliant.
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,203
    This reminds me of the PJ20 ticket fiasco so bad.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    FroggieFroggie Cork Posts: 221
    Just got confirmation that it's being sent to warehouse for shipping :) I got no email confirmation though and it only showed up in my order history yesterday... What a strange experience. I tried for over an hour to purchase it It took several goes to accept my billing address, shipping address and credit card number. Finally at the end the screen just went blank so I presumed I lost out.

I think a lottery would be a better way.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,629
    I see it as I got the 2nd best result of getting shut out: Nothing.

I would rather nothing than get a Brad and a single I already own (own and like Brad too).

Optimally, I would have scored, got Avocado, LD, Yield, etc... but likely not.

The site gets really annoying though for these sales. This would have probably been better served via lottery since it is basically a lottery anyways. Those glitches on the site are maddening. I spent 40 minutes dealing with them, it was sold out, and later I found out if I spent only another 40 minutes of a beautiful Saturday Spring morning in front of a computer and not outside, I would have been able to buy one.

no biggie, really
  • Options
    sparky_frysparky_fry Posts: 760
    Does anybody else have a "1 Coupon - Discount Code shipped" included in their mystery vinyl shipping e-mail?

Is it because i used a gift card to pay, or does my mystery package suck so much they decided to give me a discount to the store haha
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,347
    Still waiting for that email. And there is still the mystery with the confirmation number at the final screen and then nothing but a pending charge...
  • Options
    camaroscamaros Posts: 1,003
    Your Ten Club LLC order has been sent to the warehouse for processing and will ship in 1-2 business days!
    US order transit time via Standard Shipping is 5-8 business days.*
    US ORDERS-YOUR TRACKING NUMBER FOR EACH ITEM CAN BE FOUND BELOW EACH LISTED ITEM AND MAY BE TRACKED AT HTTP://UPS.COM
    INT order transit time via Standard INT Shipping is 10-14 business days to CA, UK and EU**
    Your order number 44165xx includes:
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Qty Product Code - Product Name Status
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1 6437 - 2015 RECORD STORE DAY TEN CLUB MYSTERY VINY shipped
    Carrier: Mail Innovations
    9241993150747851300444xxxx
    i like sound...
  • Options
    RD101189RD101189 A distant time, a distant space Posts: 454
    edited April 2015
    Horse2345 said:

Early Saturday morning I went down to the local convenience store because they were having a sale on Coke. I haven’t bought a Coke in a while so I figured I would show up and get one. Other cola is good, but real Coke is special.

Well it was a really good sale and there was only one left by the time I got there. So I picked it up and went to the cashier. I didn’t have any cash so I got out my credit card. When I handed it to the cashier, he asked to see my ID. So I got out my ID and handed it over. He looked at it and then handed it back. But when I tried to hand him my credit card, he stopped me and told me he had memory problems and could not remember who I was. So he asked for my ID again. Confused, I gave him my ID a second time. He looked it over and handed it back. I tried to give him my credit card again. He apologized, said something about OCD, and then asked for my ID again, just to be on the safe side. This went on for about 15 minutes.

Once I finally convinced him that I was who I said I was, he accepted my credit card. But he had trouble swiping it. He tried to swipe it again and again, but the machine wouldn’t read it. So he tried to manually enter the numbers. But before doing that, he once again needed to be reminded who I was, so he asked for my ID again. After 15 minutes or so, he was finally able to successfully enter my credit card number into the register. However, just before he could punch the button to complete the sale, the register apparently blinked off and then back on again, as if it had momentarily lost power. My credit card info was somehow cleared and was no longer on the screen. So the cashier had to re-enter it, after again checking my ID of course, because he wanted to be extra sure I was who I said I was. At this point, my patience was coming to an end and the people in line behind me were getting frustrated.

I set the Coke down on the counter and asked if I could help. The cashier asked me to come look at the screen and see for myself. So I walked around the counter and looked and sure enough, the machine was acting erratically. Every time he entered my credit card number, the screen would blank out and he would have to start over. Now the worst part. The guy behind me was disappointed that they were out of Coke so he got a Pepsi instead. But when I walked around the counter, he saw my Coke sitting there. He must have thought I had abandoned it. Before I could react, he picked up my Coke. Not one second later a second cashier came back from break, opened their register and called for the next person in line. The guy with my Coke took five steps to the right, whipped out his card, gave it to the cashier, paid and walked off with the last Coke while I stood there with my jaw open, examining my cashier’s blank screen. I gathered myself and quietly told the cashier that I would go ahead and take a Pepsi. He asked for my ID.""

LMAO frickin brilliant.
    F@cking Hilarious and on point about Saturday. Forgot to add after you walked out of store - a few more people came out later with Cokes saying "People who bought 2 Cokes were caught leaving the parking lot and they had to return their extra Coke at the backdoor. After they inspected them they sold the Cokes to us!"
    Post edited by RD101189 on
    09/08/1992 - Phoenix, AZ
    07/08/1998 - Phoenix, AZ
    10/21/2000 - Phoenix, AZ
    11/19/2013 - Phoenix, AZ
    10/22/2014 - Denver, CO
    05/09/2022 - Phoenix, AZ
    09/22/2022 - Denver, CO
  • Options
    Alpine BoundAlpine Bound Posts: 1,809
    Shipping notice!! (Although I understand it may just be the label they are printing, I take this as a positive :)
  • Options
    cifrancgxcifrancgx Columbus, OH USA Posts: 350
    I got my shipping notice as well.
    George

Toledo, OH 1996 | Cuyahoga Falls, OH 1998 | Columbus, OH 2000,2003,2010 | Cleveland, OH 2003,2010 | Kitchener, London, Hamilton, ON 2005 | Pittsburgh 2013 | Cincinnati, OH 2006, 2014 | Lexington, KY 2016 | Indianapolis, IN 2023 (POSTPONED)
  • Options
    Annnnd me too. Phew!
  • Options
    So when will people start comparing the weight info on their tracking sites? :rofl:
  • Options
    af7ukaf7uk Sheffield, UK Posts: 90
    Got my shipping notice too! Mega excited but I wish there was a way to track this into the UK.
  • Options
    LiveAtLeedsLiveAtLeeds Posts: 156
    Shipping confirmation here as well, although I was never worried as I got my confirmation email, Sat in my order history etc straight away.
    For those feeling like they missed out, I'll post a pic of my rndm and 2010 Xmas single when it gets delivered in a couple of weeks so you can feel a bit better :)
  • Options
    raystreyraystrey Posts: 171
    I think reason they have it at $0.00 and not taken off web site yet is because a lot of us had 2 or 3 orders go through. So expect a sale once dust settles. hopefully a lot of you have a second chance. I got confirmation without order # first round. Then order go through 2nd round. 2nd order shipped today and 1st order looks like they canceled.
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    they cancelled my cc charges - whopeee!!!!!
  • Options
    Cheeto73Cheeto73 Posts: 7
    edited April 2015
    2 CC charges, one on sat, one today. no conf email and blank final screen. also, after i had "purchased" it, i went back to add it to cart again, and it said i couldnt purchase the item because i had purchased it already

why charge my card again if you plan on not sending me anything (which is what i expect thats going to happen)
  • Options
    zmanzman Posts: 502
    Cheeto73 said:

2 CC charges, one on sat, one today. no conf email and blank final screen. also, after i had "purchased" it, i went back to add it to cart again, and it said i couldnt purchase the item because i had purchased it already

why charge my card again if you plan on not sending me anything (which is what i expect thats going to happen)

wow, you would think in 2015 they could handle a ecommerce sale without it turning into a clusterf*ck every time
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,404
    I didn't get a shipping notice b/c the 10c wouldn't let me buy what was in my cart. :confused:
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,083
    Cheeto73 said:

double check the one for today. it's probably an offset negating the one from saturday and has a negative sign or its a credit
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,108
    evdjj3j said:

Thanks 10 club for plowing me in the ass twice today. .

this is my favourite quote from this entire debacle.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,185
    mfc2006 said:

I didn't get a shipping notice b/c the 10c wouldn't let me buy what was in my cart. :confused:

Same here.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,108
    Horse2345 said:

LMAO frickin brilliant.
    :rofl:

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    En La ClandestinidadEn La Clandestinidad Telford, PA by way of Kansas City, MO and Milwaukee, WI, Phoenix, AZ and East Greenbush, NY Posts: 3,625
    Game over for all who received the confirmation screen and no order number...my email just arrived telling me that I received that in error.

Jokes on us everyone who received the pending charge and the faux confirmation. I love the 10 Club...
    Formerly Brew Crew Tix
    “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.
  • Options
    jvoorheesjvoorhees Langley, BC Posts: 199
    Now... What about those that recd a confirmation number/order number at the end of the order.... No email confirmation though.... Nothing in my order history... And a pending charge/preauth on the cc... Still waiting myself to hear back from 10C...
    05/11/2000, Vancouver, BC
    05/30/2003, Vancouver, BC
    09/01/2005, The Gorge
    09/02/2005, Vancouver, BC
    07/22/2006, The Gorge
    09/25/2009, Vancouver, BC
    09/25/2011, Vancouver, BC
    12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC
    12/06/2013, Seattle, WA
  • Options
    En La ClandestinidadEn La Clandestinidad Telford, PA by way of Kansas City, MO and Milwaukee, WI, Phoenix, AZ and East Greenbush, NY Posts: 3,625
    In case anyone really cares what those of us who got the faux confirmation looked like:

Formerly Brew Crew Tix
    “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281

mfc2006 said:

Same here.
    Yep. Me too... Logged in, refreshed for 30-40 min, had in cart, chose shipping address, continue, then white screen of frustration. Then to find out that they dropped more back in the shop an hour later...ridiculous.
    Oh, well. Congrats to everyone who scored. Still think it was awesome for ten club to do this. But lottery would have been great. 1 week to enter, if you get picked your credit card is charged. Just like tickets. Maybe they will go to that for all the special sales.
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    ejpejp Posts: 20
    Got my money back now, but still no explanation as to why I was able to put a charge through and get nothing and people were able to come in after me and still get their ice cold cokes.
  • Options
    MickeyMouseMickeyMouse Posts: 1,053
    ejp said:

Got my money back now, but still no explanation as to why I was able to put a charge through and get nothing and people were able to come in after me and still get their ice cold cokes.

You won't get an explanation because they know it's not right and they know they can't defend it. So to keep silent is their best course while people are rightly upset.
    Uniondale, NY 04/30/03 - Camden, NJ 07/05/03 - MSG 07/08/03 - Reading, PA 10/01/04 - Philly 10/03/05 - Ed Sullivan Theatre 05/04/06 - MSG 06/25/08 - MSG 05/21/10 - NYC (EV solo) 06/21/11 - Montreal 09/07/11 - Brooklyn 10/18/13 - Central Park 09/26/15 - Philly 04/29/16 - MSG 05/01/16 - MSG 05/02/16 - Fenway 08/05/16 - Fenway 09/02/18 - Fenway 09/04/18