Options

Record Store Day Mystery Vinyl

Comments

• Options

I'm looking forward to the next set of complaints, I got a black backspacer & the 2013 x-mas single, and shipping was$30.00...

I can't wait to see the whiny fuckers that don't get a benny complain that they were once again screwed by 10c.

This will be funny
    To add to this
    Someone is somehow going to compare order numbers and bitch that the benny was more deserved by them.

Example Complaint - "I was order number 123 and the person who got a benny was order 122. This is not fair! Just because someone pushed enter faster than I did does not deserve a benny!
    This is bullshit and 10c should be ashamed. Fuck this club and all the assholes in it. Thanks for nothing 10c. Fuck you."

Wait for it, these complaints will happen. Comparing order numbers and such.

• Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    derbydave said:

Didn't see this mentioned anywhere in the 65 pages of this thread,
    so let me ask this question.
    I buy a lot of posters from artist websites...
    several of these sites offer a PayPal option when purchasing posters.
    They even tell you that while a PayPal account isn't required to buy a poster,
    the purchases are processed more efficiently if you use PayPal.
    Could this be an possible solution to the cart problem??

Dave, I just think supply/demand took a toll on this sale. I have tried in the past to go the Paypal way in an artist sale, and transitions between sites took forever and I lost out on the print... When it finally got to the paypal screen it said my cart was empty.
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,212
    edited April 2015

Aw damn, morello :minus_one:

Yep, really bummed. :( If I'd have known it didn't actually go through maybe I would have tried longer & maybe got something when there was stock again at about 3am NZT I believe.

Love the buying a can of coke analogy above too!! Well done!
    Post edited by morello on
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    hrd2imgn said:

Maybe they would be less apathetic if we bitched less, lets face there is a whole lot of complaining about pretty much everything no matter what. We as members have to realize we are entitled to nothing except some e-letters, a late single, and some small free gift. The rest is GRAVY, opportunity, bonus stuff!

Lol. Funniest thing I've read
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    MedozK said:

derbydave said:

Dave, I just think supply/demand took a toll on this sale. I have tried in the past to go the Paypal way in an artist sale, and transitions between sites took forever and I lost out on the print... When it finally got to the paypal screen it said my cart was empty.
    Thanks Kevin...
    I've had mixed results scoring posters using the PayPal option from Emek's site,
    I got his Bon Iver / Santa Barbara & Coachella '13 posters & struck out on the PJ Wrigley / Green Monster poster.
    I was just wondering what others had experienced using PayPal during high volume / limited release sales.
    :plus_one:
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    jomaryjomary Posts: 410
    Remember trying to score a Trieste poster from Ames website awhile back and that was 30 minutes of my life I wish I could get back. Too many people and not enough bandwidth on these sites for announced sales on PJ stuff it seems.
    Raleigh, NC 8-18-92
    Missoula, MT 9-30-12, EV Dallas, TX 11-15-12, EV San Antonio 11-16-12
    London, ONT 7-16-13 - Wrigley Field 7-19-13
    Charlotte 10-30-13, Dallas 11-15-13, OKC 11-16-13, Seattle 12-6-13
    Tulsa 10-8-14, Lincoln 10-9-14, St. Paul 10-19-14, Milwaukee 10-20-14
    NYC 9-26-15
    Ft Lauderdale 4-8-16, Miami 4-9-16, Tampa 4-11-16, Jacksonville 4-13-16, Pemberton 7-17-16,Wrigley 8-20-16 and 8-22-16
    Seattle 8-8-18; 8-10-18, Missoula 8-13-18
    Earthlings 2022:  Seattle 2-21-222 and 2-22-22, Los Angeles 2-25-22
    EV Coeur d’Alene 7-28-23, St Paul 8-31-23 and 9-2-23, Ft Worth 9-13-23 and 9-15-23, EV Seattle 10-23-23 and 10-24-23

• Options
    I haven't read every page, but mine just got marked as shipped.

Is this where we start playing the shipping weight game?

Weight (lbs.): 2.2000

HAHA. I just checked, and mine says 2.2 as well.
  • Options
    just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 2,026
    To bad you cant see the weight on international orders :(
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    edited April 2015

still not in my order history but the good news is my credit card still has it as pending. keeping the faith and hope it processes! a good sign that it's still there!

In the same boat. To quote Bon Jovi, I'm going to KEEP THE FAITH

:rock_on:

Edit: Ok, different boat. I got a white screen of death, so no final confirmation page. But I have a credit card pending charge, dammit!
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,347
    Do all the people who did not luck out get an email saying so? And if thepending charge is gone, but the money is still not available, what does that mean, that it went through?
  • Options
    foodshop65foodshop65 Connecticut Posts: 730
    well congrats to those
    vetoed today...pending now not
    i guess i'm a flipper!
    fun anyway
    Randall's Island 9-29-1996, MSG 9-10/11-1998, Meadows, CT 9-13-1998, Sacramento 10-30-2000, Bridge School 10-26-2002,MSG 9-8/9-2003, Hartford 2013, Amsterdam 2014(2), Memphis 2014, MSG 5-1/2-2016, Fenway 8-7-16, Fenway 9-2/4-18 MSG 9-11-22
  • Options
    Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    derbydave said:

It actually wouldn't make a bit of difference. It is a POS system much like whichever one 10c uses. Paypal would need to return the authorization just like the one 10c used. When that many responses came back at the same time the server still wouldn't be able to handle it. So now you would have a pending charge against paypal instead of your credit card (or however you chose to pay on paypal). There isn't a system in the world that could have handled that bandwidth that happened. I work in software and can say that with 100% certainty. Internet connections (unless the systems are hard wired together thats how they talk back and forth) , integration between systems and so on make it where even if 10c's site could handle it one of those other integration points would have failed in the process. Think of the Panama canal. All the ocean will want to go in but only so much can. The rest gets pushed to the side causing the water level to rise around the canal forcing it to wait its turn. Some will get pushed far enough away it gets re-directed. That redirection is known as a time out in this instance which is why so many people got cc's charged with no actual order. 500 requests can be made but only so many can pass into the canal. POS systems sends the message all is well but that message times out before 10c can accept it. That doesn't explain why 10c's system didn't reject the purchase so people could try again. This was doomed from the start and is why I assume 10c posted the warning about cancelled orders with the announcement. They knew this would happen and is probably why they are silent.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,365
    goldrush said:

I will freely admit to posting a few pissed off comments in various threads during the sale but they were fuelled more by frustration (and the fact that it was midnight here and I was watching my beloved Swansea City losing so badly on TV) than by anything else.

Strangely enough I still don't know if I managed to get one or not - I finally got through and it is showing as "warehouse" in my order history, but I still haven't received a confirmation email and I can't check my bank account online at the moment. I guess I'll just wait and see...

I just got a shipping confirmation email so I guess I got lucky after all! Now to play the waiting game until it turns up in Sydney :)
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    jonsey30jonsey30 Rochester Hills, MI Posts: 998
    What's the verdict on a pending charge still, no e-mails, no order in history
    7/19/13 - Wrigley Field, Chicago, IL
    10/11/13 - Pittsburgh, PA
    10/12/13 - Buffalo, NY
    10/16/2014 - Detroit, MI
    5/10/2016 - Toronto, ON
    3/24/2020 - Hamilton, ON
    9/7/2023 - Chicago, IL

• Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,152
    jonsey30 said:

What's the verdict on a pending charge still, no e-mails, no order in history

No bueno.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    Poop
    10/12/13 - Buffalo, NY
    10/16/2014 - Detroit, MI
    5/10/2016 - Toronto, ON
    3/24/2020 - Hamilton, ON
    9/7/2023 - Chicago, IL

• Options
    Just got the $60.99 credited back. Fucking shame, this whole time I thought I was fortunate enough to score one.
  • Options
    kenkkenk Posts: 210
    I just don't understand why they can't just apologize for this type of thing happening? Instead they send out stock emails to those that inquired saying "You received an order confirmation screen in error...Thanks 10c"? That's what gets me. I understand systems failing due to the load on them and have no issues with that. But this time with the people getting locked out from trying again, that is 100% 10c's fault. They could have not released that 2nd batch and allotted those to the cards that got charged without order #s if they wanted to. But that's a lot more work than ignoring the dozens of pissy emails they got. Just say "sorry our system f'd up and it is what it is". That's all I want.
  • Options
    andyfarrimondandyfarrimond Posts: 1,966

Just got the $60.99 credited back. Fucking shame, this whole time I thought I was fortunate enough to score one.

Same, but no dice. Oh well, good luck to those who did score one, I will still be interested to read the thread comparing the packages when they arrive!
  • Options
    Charge dissappeared. I thought so. Good luck to all who scored. Hope they slip something good in each one
    10/12/13 - Buffalo, NY
    10/16/2014 - Detroit, MI
    5/10/2016 - Toronto, ON
    3/24/2020 - Hamilton, ON
    9/7/2023 - Chicago, IL

• Options
    danbaudanbau Posts: 4
    kenk said:

I just don't understand why they can't just apologize for this type of thing happening? Instead they send out stock emails to those that inquired saying "You received an order confirmation screen in error...Thanks 10c"? That's what gets me. I understand systems failing due to the load on them and have no issues with that. But this time with the people getting locked out from trying again, that is 100% 10c's fault. They could have not released that 2nd batch and allotted those to the cards that got charged without order #s if they wanted to. But that's a lot more work than ignoring the dozens of pissy emails they got. Just say "sorry our system f'd up and it is what it is". That's all I want.

I'm in that boat: order confirmation page w/o order number, wasn't allowed to purchase during 2nd wave, cc pending charge, not in order history and no email confirmation. I saw today my pending charge has been removed. I emailed them on Saturday and still haven't gotten any kind of response. My email wasn't pissy, either. I tried to be nice and understanding in hopes they'd read it and take pity. Truly, that's all I'd like at this point: some kind of explanation or communication. I'll live without the vinyl; I've lived this long without it and been just fine.
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    danbau said:

kenk said:

I'm in that boat: order confirmation page w/o order number, wasn't allowed to purchase during 2nd wave, cc pending charge, not in order history and no email confirmation. I saw today my pending charge has been removed. I emailed them on Saturday and still haven't gotten any kind of response. My email wasn't pissy, either. I tried to be nice and understanding in hopes they'd read it and take pity. Truly, that's all I'd like at this point: some kind of explanation or communication. I'll live without the vinyl; I've lived this long without it and been just fine.
    I certainly understand all the frustration. I just can't imagine how many angry emails they got. I would honestly guess thousands. I don't think they are staffed to answer them all in a timely manner.
  • Options
    jvoorheesjvoorhees Langley, BC Posts: 199
    Bummer... Charge off the cc... Got through the whole order process and HAD a confirmation number at end... No email confirmation... Nothing in order history.... But have/had a confirmation number.... Oh well... No point in freaking out.... Im sure one day all these "rare/oop" vinyls of PJ's will be reissued.... Those who got their orders shipped congrats and hope you get what youre wanting!
    05/11/2000, Vancouver, BC
    05/30/2003, Vancouver, BC
    09/01/2005, The Gorge
    09/02/2005, Vancouver, BC
    07/22/2006, The Gorge
    09/25/2009, Vancouver, BC
    09/25/2011, Vancouver, BC
    12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC
    12/06/2013, Seattle, WA
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,094
    As ridiculous as I think all the hubub over products is, the service by this club, server related or not, is just incredibly horrible. In my industry, when you know the demand will cause bandwidth issues, you upgrade/add to your servers. Simple as that. Just blatantly ignoring this single issue just shows blatant disregard for your customer.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    Credit card charge still pending. Will continue the useless and completely unproductive hoping, agonizing, finger-crossing, order history-checking, etc etc etc...
  • Options
    RocketninoRocketnino SLO, CA Posts: 42

I haven't read every page, but mine just got marked as shipped.

Is this where we start playing the shipping weight game?

Weight (lbs.): 2.2000

HAHA. I just checked, and mine says 2.2 as well.
    For the record - mine does as well. Looks like it's official, friends:

2.2000 pounds = (1 x black Backspacer, white wax weighs more, right?) + (1 x 2012 Christmas Single)
  • Options
    AMENt_TO_THATAMENt_TO_THAT Norwegia Posts: 396
    Just about now would be great timing to add a pre-order to the No Code/Yield delux boxset to the goods section... That would ease a lot of minds... Incl mine :bow:
  • Options
    raystreyraystrey Posts: 171
    no beeny here

Package Actual Weight:2.2000 lbsPackage Destination:EL PASO, TX, US 79936Package ID:44175431Package Status:Order Processed: Ready for UPS
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,397

As ridiculous as I think all the hubub over products is, the service by this club, server related or not, is just incredibly horrible. In my industry, when you know the demand will cause bandwidth issues, you upgrade/add to your servers. Simple as that. Just blatantly ignoring this single issue just shows blatant disregard for your customer.

In that regard, I also don't expect companies to shell out huge wads of dough to handle peak traffic they only experience once or twice a year. It's expensive and a lot of redundant capacity (most of the time). Most website's on the internet will buckle under a spike in traffic. It makes little sense to have your servers so robust that they never fail.

In my not so humble opion I wouldn't expect a mom and pop organization to blow a load of money on servers they don't need 99 percent of the time. I would only ask they put some thought into it. Informing rabid PJ fan's who collect vinyl and everything else PJ, that there's going to be a sale of rare vinyl in two weeks. That's asking for problems. That by itself caused a spike in traffic. They could either hold a lottery for those interested or put them for sale at a random time. Either way would solve the issue. I think the two weeks heads up notice was a bad idea.
  • Options
    sloanedogsloanedog Australia Posts: 33
    edited April 2015
    Hello Benny, I'm brad I have rndm mystery sale. I sit in my tres mtns eating avocado patting my ten legged dog. Wondering what vinyl will be delivered to those who made it thru. What a mad season this competition was it was like a lightning bolt went of in a coke bottle. When the white screen of death it appeared it made my backspacer turn white. The place went into the wild while others just went on in life. The riot act continues thru the rear view mirror I gaze say to my self thank god I'm alive. Good luck to those who were fortunate sons and Daughters who made it thru. Keep on rockin in the free world. It's the music we cherish so kick out the jams. Peace
    Post edited by sloanedog on