Record Store Day Mystery Vinyl

Comments

• AmishGuy91AmishGuy91 Posts: 831

This one has always been my favorite:

I wonder how many people from here went to a physical brick and mortar shop Saturday morning and threw a temper tantrum at the cash register when they went to buy a RSD title and the person before them bought the last one?

I did. Even repeatedly hitting F5 did not help
  • MedozKMedozK Posts: 9,209
    I remember how, in college, I got that part-time job as a circus clown, and how children would laugh, and laugh at me. I vowed, then and there, that I would get revenge. - Jack Handy
  • jlaustinjlaustin Posts: 2,355
    2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 Cincy, Detroit, Moline, & Milwaukee
    2015 Central Park
    2016 Lexington, Ottawa, Toronto 1 & 2, Boston 1 & 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2017 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    2018 Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Chicago 1

• RedMosquito02RedMosquito02 Posts: 2,560

still not in my order history but the good news is my credit card still has it as pending. keeping the faith and hope it processes! a good sign that it's still there!

Same here. No order number and not in my history, but charge on the card
  • okblueduckokblueduck Posts: 427
    I think I'm in the same boat as some others on here, I had trouble with the website but eventually was able to purchase the item and it appeared as best as I could tell that it was a good sale and that the transaction went through. However, I have not received an email confirmation and the sale doesn't appear on my ten club profile. I do have a credit card hold on my AMEX for the amount. So did I get one or am I out of luck? I can't tell.

Thanks,
    Fenway 1 & 2 2016
    MSG 1 & 2 2016
    Central Park 2015
    Barclays 2, Seattle 2013
    MSG 1 & 2 2010
    Boston 1 & 2 2006
    Boston 1 2004
    Augusta 1996
  • tinz.tinz. Posts: 2,694
    My guess would be anyone that does not have a purchase in their order history did not get one. But honestly that's just a guess, who knows at this point. I'm expecting an announcement today of some sort for sure! Good luck everyone!
    EV~Toronto Night 2 - 2008
    Toronto - 2009
    NYC Night 2 - 2010
    Toronto Night 2 - 2011
    Music Midtown, Atlanta - 2012
    London,ON - 2013
    Wrigley Field, Chicago - 2013
    Buffalo - 2013
    Charlottesville - 2013
    Charlotte - 2013
    Detroit - 2014
    Ottawa - 2016
    Toronto Night 1&2 - 2016
    Wrigley Field 1, Chicago - 2016
    EV~Dana Point CA - 2016
    Wrigley Field 1, Chicago - 2018
  • front spacerfront spacer Posts: 3,246
    edited April 2015
    I believe the consensus is you need to have an email and/or confirmation order number in your profile......a pending CC isn't really an indication of purchase.
    Indy - 08.17.98
    Indy - 08.18.00
    Indy - 06.22.03
    Indy - 05.07.10
    EV StL - 07.01.11
    Alpine Valley - 09.03.11, 09.04.11 (PJ20)
    ATL - 09.22.12 (Music Midtown Festival)
    EV Jax - 11.24.12
    Chicago - 07.19.13
    Pittsburgh - 10.11.13
    Moline - 10.17.14 (The No Code Show)
    Milwaukee - 10.20.14 (The Yield Show)
    FtL - 04.08.16
    Miami - 04.09.16
    Tampa - 04.11.16
    Lexington - 04.26.16
    Chicago - 08.20.16, 08.22.16
    Chicago - 08.18.18, 08.20.18
    Boston - 09.02.18, 09.04.18
  • LiveAtLeedsLiveAtLeeds Posts: 156
    I got an order number, confirmation email, credit card has been charged and its in my order history as status warehouse.

If you've just got a pending charge or no order number I think you might be out of luck :(
  • jmo22jmo22 Posts: 4
    My wife put in an order, got the white screen after putting in CC info. She didn't get the confirmation and it is not in her order history. She has a pending CC charge with Amex, but my Amex charge already went through. Think that she along with a ton of other folks are going to be disappointed.
  • okblueduckokblueduck Posts: 427
    Ok sounds like I'm out of luck. Bummer.
    Fenway 1 & 2 2016
    MSG 1 & 2 2016
    Central Park 2015
    Barclays 2, Seattle 2013
    MSG 1 & 2 2010
    Boston 1 & 2 2006
    Boston 1 2004
    Augusta 1996
  • MercuryMercury Posts: 397

I believe the consensus is you need to have an email and/or confirmation order number in your profile......a pending CC isn't really an indication of purchase.

Take a moment to appreciate how ludicrous that statement is. And I agree, you're 100% correct.

• This one has always been my favorite:

I wonder how many people from here went to a physical brick and mortar shop Saturday morning and threw a temper tantrum at the cash register when they went to buy a RSD title and the person before them bought the last one?

I did. Even repeatedly hitting F5 did not help
    Who is F5....and was he pissed that you kept hitting him?
  • Kearn5yKearn5y Posts: 2,804
    I got a order cancel email just now
    Kearnsy
    Kearn5y said:

That sucks I'm sorry to hear that :( a lot of angry people here over all of this. Honestly I didn't mind the challenge it was frustrating but whatever I'm not entitled to anything and if I get a cancel it won't be the end of the world. If I get one awesome, hope we can all just calm down its not the end of the world. Good luck again as I've said before!
    Toronto - 2009
    NYC Night 2 - 2010
    Toronto Night 2 - 2011
    London,ON - 2013
    Buffalo - 2013
    Charlottesville - 2013
    Charlotte - 2013
    Detroit - 2014
    Ottawa - 2016
    Toronto Night 1&2 - 2016
    EV~Dana Point CA - 2016
  • elwayvedderelwayvedder Posts: 9,110
    I just got a -60.99 transaction on my credit card meaning mine was cancelled.
    life goes on!!
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,516
    I've still got the two pending charges from Saturday (due to the glitches I had two orders go through, but 10c cancelled the 2nd one). Now there's a new temporary charge today. I guess that means the other two will drop off, but the one today is the real charge. It's crazy how messy online credit card statements look like with all the pending charges in there. No wonder some banks don't their customers see the pending transactions :)
    tinz. said:

Kearn5y said:

That sucks I'm sorry to hear that :( a lot of angry people here over all of this. Honestly I didn't mind the challenge it was frustrating but whatever I'm not entitled to anything and if I get a cancel it won't be the end of the world. If I get one awesome, hope we can all just calm down its not the end of the world. Good luck again as I've said before!
    To be honest I don't mind. Shit happens. Had 2 orders go through. 1 with and 1 without email confirmation. This was the 1 with. Other one probably will be cancelled or may not have been.
    Kearnsy
  • why do people keep saying they were hitting f5? odd, it just takes you to the back of the queue doesnt it?
    Go
    Kearn5y said:

tinz. said:

Kearn5y said:

To be honest I don't mind. Shit happens. Had 2 orders go through. 1 with and 1 without email confirmation. This was the 1 with. Other one probably will be cancelled or may not have been.
    good luck man fingers crossed for ya
    Toronto - 2009
    NYC Night 2 - 2010
    Toronto Night 2 - 2011
    London,ON - 2013
    Buffalo - 2013
    Charlottesville - 2013
    Charlotte - 2013
    Detroit - 2014
    Ottawa - 2016
    Toronto Night 1&2 - 2016
    EV~Dana Point CA - 2016
  • LiveAtLeedsLiveAtLeeds Posts: 156
    conrad555 said:

why do people keep saying they were hitting f5? odd, it just takes you to the back of the queue doesnt it?

Yup, it should only be used to reveal the buy button.
    Everyone pushing themselves to the back of queue is what caused so much traffic, then some complain to 10c about it.
    I just waited and got through just fine, as did many others not f5ing.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,548
    BEST POST I READ ABOUT MYSTERY VINYL..HAHAHAHAHAHAHA./..EPIC!!!

"A tale of woe from this weekend.

Early Saturday morning I went down to the local convenience store because they were having a sale on Coke. I haven’t bought a Coke in a while so I figured I would show up and get one. Other cola is good, but real Coke is special.

Well it was a really good sale and there was only one left by the time I got there. So I picked it up and went to the cashier. I didn’t have any cash so I got out my credit card. When I handed it to the cashier, he asked to see my ID. So I got out my ID and handed it over. He looked at it and then handed it back. But when I tried to hand him my credit card, he stopped me and told me he had memory problems and could not remember who I was. So he asked for my ID again. Confused, I gave him my ID a second time. He looked it over and handed it back. I tried to give him my credit card again. He apologized, said something about OCD, and then asked for my ID again, just to be on the safe side. This went on for about 15 minutes.

Once I finally convinced him that I was who I said I was, he accepted my credit card. But he had trouble swiping it. He tried to swipe it again and again, but the machine wouldn’t read it. So he tried to manually enter the numbers. But before doing that, he once again needed to be reminded who I was, so he asked for my ID again. After 15 minutes or so, he was finally able to successfully enter my credit card number into the register. However, just before he could punch the button to complete the sale, the register apparently blinked off and then back on again, as if it had momentarily lost power. My credit card info was somehow cleared and was no longer on the screen. So the cashier had to re-enter it, after again checking my ID of course, because he wanted to be extra sure I was who I said I was. At this point, my patience was coming to an end and the people in line behind me were getting frustrated.

I set the Coke down on the counter and asked if I could help. The cashier asked me to come look at the screen and see for myself. So I walked around the counter and looked and sure enough, the machine was acting erratically. Every time he entered my credit card number, the screen would blank out and he would have to start over. Now the worst part. The guy behind me was disappointed that they were out of Coke so he got a Pepsi instead. But when I walked around the counter, he saw my Coke sitting there. He must have thought I had abandoned it. Before I could react, he picked up my Coke. Not one second later a second cashier came back from break, opened their register and called for the next person in line. The guy with my Coke took five steps to the right, whipped out his card, gave it to the cashier, paid and walked off with the last Coke while I stood there with my jaw open, examining my cashier’s blank screen. I gathered myself and quietly told the cashier that I would go ahead and take a Pepsi. He asked for my ID.""
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • SaravaSarava Posts: 2,019
    Just checked my girlfriend's email and had a heart attack when I saw a new email form 10c. Thought they were canceling on us. But it said: Your Ten Club LLC order has been sent to the warehouse for processing and will ship in 1-2 business days!
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,156
    Ten Club LLC Your order is in queue for shipping!
    SWEET!!!! :)
  • benjsbenjs Posts: 9,097
    As I was reading this thread, I got my "shipped in 1-2 days" email. Sorry to hear about the cancellation emails, guys! If I receive any duplicates, I'll have them here on Lost Dogs at a significantly lower cost :)
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Just got shipping confirmation. :smiley:
  • BEST POST I READ ABOUT MYSTERY VINYL..HAHAHAHAHAHAHA./..EPIC!!!

"A tale of woe from this weekend.

Early Saturday morning I went down to the local convenience store because they were having a sale on Coke. I haven’t bought a Coke in a while so I figured I would show up and get one. Other cola is good, but real Coke is special.

Well it was a really good sale and there was only one left by the time I got there. So I picked it up and went to the cashier. I didn’t have any cash so I got out my credit card. When I handed it to the cashier, he asked to see my ID. So I got out my ID and handed it over. He looked at it and then handed it back. But when I tried to hand him my credit card, he stopped me and told me he had memory problems and could not remember who I was. So he asked for my ID again. Confused, I gave him my ID a second time. He looked it over and handed it back. I tried to give him my credit card again. He apologized, said something about OCD, and then asked for my ID again, just to be on the safe side. This went on for about 15 minutes.

Once I finally convinced him that I was who I said I was, he accepted my credit card. But he had trouble swiping it. He tried to swipe it again and again, but the machine wouldn’t read it. So he tried to manually enter the numbers. But before doing that, he once again needed to be reminded who I was, so he asked for my ID again. After 15 minutes or so, he was finally able to successfully enter my credit card number into the register. However, just before he could punch the button to complete the sale, the register apparently blinked off and then back on again, as if it had momentarily lost power. My credit card info was somehow cleared and was no longer on the screen. So the cashier had to re-enter it, after again checking my ID of course, because he wanted to be extra sure I was who I said I was. At this point, my patience was coming to an end and the people in line behind me were getting frustrated.

I set the Coke down on the counter and asked if I could help. The cashier asked me to come look at the screen and see for myself. So I walked around the counter and looked and sure enough, the machine was acting erratically. Every time he entered my credit card number, the screen would blank out and he would have to start over. Now the worst part. The guy behind me was disappointed that they were out of Coke so he got a Pepsi instead. But when I walked around the counter, he saw my Coke sitting there. He must have thought I had abandoned it. Before I could react, he picked up my Coke. Not one second later a second cashier came back from break, opened their register and called for the next person in line. The guy with my Coke took five steps to the right, whipped out his card, gave it to the cashier, paid and walked off with the last Coke while I stood there with my jaw open, examining my cashier’s blank screen. I gathered myself and quietly told the cashier that I would go ahead and take a Pepsi. He asked for my ID.""

Haha, someone's bitter
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Posts: 4,895
    here is your answer those of you who got charged, but had no confirmation number, no oorder history, but a blank success confirmation :

Unfortunately your order did not go through.
    The amount in question is an authorization and will disappear after a few days.
    Thanks
    10c
    demetrios said:

Got the same email although I didn't get the initial email saying that an order was placed
    Kearnsy
  • rw160510rw160510 Posts: 944
    demetrios said:

Me too
    tinz. said:

Go

Kearn5y said:

tinz. said:

Kearn5y said:

good luck man fingers crossed for ya
    Thanks
    Kearnsy