Options

Record Store Day Mystery Vinyl

Comments

• Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 2,011

Where's the fans that are happy they even sold their vinyl stash? I'm one.

They had a warehouse full of shit that's worth a lot of $$, and instead of auctioning it on ebay for charity (which is a fantastic thing in its own right) they offered it to their grumpy, entitled fans. That's badass! Chill out if you didn't get one, just be thankful to 10c for selling them and not hoarding them!

I'm guessing they won't be doing this again for a long time though after everyone cried and whined. No more vinyl for a long long time. Good job entitled children.

They WILL, I'm guessing, be selling No Code/yield reissues this year though.

I'm sure 10C understands people are just blowing off some steam. It's not a big deal. They're not going to stop offering nice things to club members over it.
  • Options
    evdjj3jevdjj3j Old Mountains Posts: 114
    mace1229 said:

I keep seeing comments about those of us who are upset are just entitled little punks who didn't get our piece of plastic.
    One, it's not just a piece of plastic, everyone has a collection that is worthless to someone else, but valuable to them. Stamps are just a piece of paper to me, but worth thousands to someone else.
    And two, I feel many, like myself, are more upset about the circus act and lack of communication than not actually getting any vinyl. To be told I'm not logged in or not being able to complete the order, and having the item in my cart for 40 minutes only to be told it is sold out and no longer available, then to empty my cart and re-list it without warning. Why was the shopping cart cleared for some and not others, why was it relisted while many still had it in their cart? Why was there zero communication throughout the whole process? I was only willing to waste my hour because I assumed since I had one in my cart I'd eventually be able to complete the checkout process.
    I knew it was a popular item and didn't actually expect to purchase one, but I didn't expect everything to go down the way it did either. No one is entitled to anything here, but the process was such a joke. If I was told 5 minutes into it that it was sold out, I wouldn't have cared and moved on.

Yes, you are entitled to the membership you paid for. Don't let that word's use to insult anyone that someone doesn't agree with make you think that you aren't entitled to the benefits you paid for when the 10 Club took your money to join. We absolutely are entitled to not be told we are not members when we paid for our membership.
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,525

on2legs said:

mace1229 said:

I keep seeing comments about those of us who are upset are just entitled little punks who didn't get our piece of plastic.
    One, it's not just a piece of plastic, everyone has a collection that is worthless to someone else, but valuable to them. Stamps are just a piece of paper to me, but worth thousands to someone else.
    And two, I feel many, like myself, are more upset about the circus act and lack of communication than not actually getting any vinyl. To be told I'm not logged in or not being able to complete the order, and having the item in my cart for 40 minutes only to be told it is sold out and no longer available, then to empty my cart and re-list it without warning. Why was the shopping cart cleared for some and not others, why was it relisted while many still had it in their cart? Why was there zero communication throughout the whole process? I was only willing to waste my hour because I assumed since I had one in my cart I'd eventually be able to complete the checkout process.
    I knew it was a popular item and didn't actually expect to purchase one, but I didn't expect everything to go down the way it did either. No one is entitled to anything here, but the process was such a joke. If I was told 5 minutes into it that it was sold out, I wouldn't have cared and moved on.

The restocking of sold out items during sales like this happens pretty often. It's just a fact of life when the servers are overwhelmed.
    The restocking of sold out items, yes.

The restocking of items that have already been sold and charged to one's credit card, not so much.
    It was a glitch caused by overwhelming demand. I get people are annoyed, but it's not like this was a deliberate attempt to defraud people. And while the credit card thing caused people to get their hopes up, none of the orders are final until they've been processed. To quote The Social Network... "If you had purchased a mystery vinyl. You would've purchased a mystery vinyl."
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,434
    Unless I'm reading this wrong, I am chilling in Mexico so it could be, it seems like some ppl are upset that a computer glitch told them they aren't members when they are.

Like a computer screen personally insulted them.

I'm going to pretend I'm right for a bit, cause that take this thread to a new level of absurdity.
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • Options
    walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,569
    on2legs said:

on2legs said:

mace1229 said:

The restocking of sold out items during sales like this happens pretty often. It's just a fact of life when the servers are overwhelmed.

The restocking of items that have already been sold and charged to one's credit card, not so much.
    It was a glitch caused by overwhelming demand. I get people are annoyed, but it's not like this was a deliberate attempt to defraud people. And while the credit card thing caused people to get their hopes up, none of the orders are final until they've been processed. To quote The Social Network... "If you had purchased a mystery vinyl. You would've purchased a mystery vinyl."
    I get that it wasn't a deliberate attempt to defraud people. As I have stated many times, I don't blame the 10 Club for the server issue or the credit card processing issue. However, as the merchant, it is their responsibility to settle customer issues, and I feel like they have done nothing toward this end. I have emailed them twice and not even received a response. They have also issued no statement about this anywhere on the website or the forum. My credit card still has a pending charge on it and I still have zero answers about what happened. That's simply not good customer service.

Although I don't blame them for the server or CC issues, I do think that they should have been aware enough of the situation to halt releasing the second wave of vinyls until they figured out how to deal with those who had their credit cards charged but got no order. That remains the issue that bothers me the most. The vinyls were initially "sold out" for a good 15 minutes while a bunch of us were in limbo with a credit card charge and no order #. Then they put the vinyls BACK up so that anyone who did not yet purchase one could have a second shot, while those of us in limbo were not allowed to try again. Again, I don't usually complain, but to be sitting there with no vinyl and no second chance while everyone else who didn't get through the first time had a second chance was very upsetting.

I emailed them immediately after the my initial order went through (with no order #). I still haven't received a reply to that email, nor to the follow-up I sent after the second wave went up to let them know that I wasn't being permitted a chance to purchase in that wave either. Still, no response to either, and I'm guessing that if a third wave went up right now, I would still not be permitted to buy since I still have a pending credit card charge.

You think that's right?
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,660
    scurtis said:

Unless I'm reading this wrong, I am chilling in Mexico so it could be, it seems like some ppl are upset that a computer glitch told them they aren't members when they are.

I'm going to pretend I'm right for a bit, cause that take this thread to a new level of absurdity.

It basically wouldnt let them add the item to their cart telling them that they had to be registered members. That was the first way people missed out on this
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704

on2legs said:

on2legs said:

mace1229 said:

Then they put the vinyls BACK up so that anyone who did not yet purchase one could have a second shot, while those of us in limbo were not allowed to try again.

I was one of those in Limbo, and got one on the 2nd shot

aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    ^^^quote fail #379
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    ejpejp Posts: 20

on2legs said:

on2legs said:

mace1229 said:

I have emailed them twice and not even received a response. They have also issued no statement about this anywhere on the website or the forum. My credit card still has a pending charge on it and I still have zero answers about what happened. That's simply not good customer service.

Although I don't blame them for the server or CC issues, I do think that they should have been aware enough of the situation to halt releasing the second wave of vinyls until they figured out how to deal with those who had their credit cards charged but got no order. That remains the issue that bothers me the most. The vinyls were initially "sold out" for a good 15 minutes while a bunch of us were in limbo with a credit card charge and no order #. Then they put the vinyls BACK up so that anyone who did not yet purchase one could have a second shot, while those of us in limbo were not allowed to try again. Again, I don't usually complain, but to be sitting there with no vinyl and no second chance while everyone else who didn't get through the first time had a second chance was very upsetting.

I emailed them immediately after the my initial order went through (with no order #). I still haven't received a reply to that email, nor to the follow-up I sent after the second wave went up to let them know that I wasn't being permitted a chance to purchase in that wave either. Still, no response to either, and I'm guessing that if a third wave went up right now, I would still not be permitted to buy since I still have a pending credit card charge.

You think that's right?

It's like you are me. I am in the same exact boat as you.
  • Options
    bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,090

scurtis said:

It basically wouldnt let them add the item to their cart telling them that they had to be registered members. That was the first way people missed out on this
    But, as far as I know, that was happening to everyone and it was just a glitch. I never logged in again and I still managed to buy one. It was clear from the header at the top of the page that I was logged in and the fact that everyone was complaining about it "appearing" that they weren't logged in, I knew it was a glitch.

You (all of us) were entitled to be a logged in member and have the item available and that was the case for everyone. It just seemed like you were being told you needed to join or log in, but actually that was not the case (if you were an already logged in paid-up member).

• Options
    pjradio said:

on2legs said:

on2legs said:

mace1229 said:

Then they put the vinyls BACK up so that anyone who did not yet purchase one could have a second shot, while those of us in limbo were not allowed to try again.

I was one of those in Limbo, and got one on the 2nd shot

Really? How? That makes it even worse if some who were in limbo were allowed to repurchase and others weren't. So you went through with an entire purchase, got your credit card charged, received a confirmation page, and were still allowed access to re-ordering after that?

Here's the "order" confirmation page I got when I supposedly ordered:
    imagephoto pjorderblackedout.jpg" />

And the response I got when I tried to order during the second wave:

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options
    MercuryMercury Posts: 382
    I think they should just settle the issue for those of us that are in limbo once and for all and tell us we didn't get one and how long it will be before we get our money back. I'm fine with not getting this, but not fine with them having my money AND not getting this. Telling us that outcome and what to expect doesn't seem like too much to ask.
  • Options
    jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    Mercury said:

I think they should just settle the issue for those of us that are in limbo once and for all and tell us we didn't get one and how long it will be before we get our money back. I'm fine with not getting this, but not fine with them having my money AND not getting this. Telling us that outcome and what to expect doesn't seem like too much to ask.

I'm in the same boat as you, but i'm pretty sure they aren't working today. I'm just not going to think about it until my pending charge clears with my bank and then i'll deal with it.

In the meantime i'll just enjoy all the sweet RSD items I picked up yesterday
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    jervin007 said:

Mercury said:

I'm in the same boat as you, but i'm pretty sure they aren't working today. I'm just not going to think about it until my pending charge clears with my bank and then i'll deal with it.

In the meantime i'll just enjoy all the sweet RSD items I picked up yesterday

That's a good attitude but if I didn't get this there's a couple preorders I'd like to reallocate those funds to go toward, haha

I can't really justify it with the state of my bank account post RSD, especially on the slim chance this somehow does go through and my charges clears. Hopefully they post something tomorrow.
  • Options
    Mercury said:

They (probably) don't "have" your money. It's no different to when a hotel puts a hold on your card, eventually the pending pre-auth drops off. The hotel (or 10C) never takes your money and then refunds your money. It's just a notional charge that could be confirmed and charged.

Things might be different with a debit card. Never had one, but I think in that case the money comes and goes from your account but I believe it's held by the card company (to make sure it's available).
  • Options

on2legs said:

on2legs said:

mace1229 said:

I get that it wasn't a deliberate attempt to defraud people. As I have stated many times, I don't blame the 10 Club for the server issue or the credit card processing issue. However, as the merchant, it is their responsibility to settle customer issues, and I feel like they have done nothing toward this end. I have emailed them twice and not even received a response. They have also issued no statement about this anywhere on the website or the forum. My credit card still has a pending charge on it and I still have zero answers about what happened. That's simply not good customer service.

What kind of answer are you waiting for? The site crashed and their servers behaved erratically.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    bazzer said:

Mercury said:

They (probably) don't "have" your money. It's no different to when a hotel puts a hold on your card, eventually the pending pre-auth drops off. The hotel (or 10C) never takes your money and then refunds your money. It's just a notional charge that could be confirmed and charged.

Things might be different with a debit card. Never had one, but I think in that case the money comes and goes from your account but I believe it's held by the card company (to make sure it's available).

This is a debit card, otherwise I wouldn't be as concerned.
  • Options
    on2legs said:

on2legs said:

on2legs said:

mace1229 said:

What kind of answer are you waiting for? The site crashed and their servers behaved erratically.
    I certainly am not waiting for answers from you, but thanks for speaking for the 10 Club.

In terms of the answers I want from them: a) Why were a second wave of vinyls released when some had pending CC charges, order confirmation, but no vinyl? ; b) What happened that allowed credit cards to be charged but no order #s to be issued? (despite what you think you know, this was not just a server issue -- the site crashing or not being able to handle that much traffic is a server issue, but the site working, allowing people to proceed through an entire order, submit credit card information, and receive a confirmation page with a blank order number is NOT due to server overload); c) When am I going to get my money back?

• Options
    Mercury said:

bazzer said:

Mercury said:

Even with a debit card though, I don't think 10C have any control over the charge. You could probably ring your card company and get them to fast-track it.

Reading your post again, I guess you're still hopeful you might be getting it though right? Well, if so, good luck! :smiley:
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    I don't think we should have been refreshing the pages, it really seem to screw up the web traffic. Should have been sitting it out on each page and waiting for them to load. On another note did anyone notice that they have split up the ITW vinyl. If you got that LP, you would really want the 7" that went with it as well. It was originally sealed inside but to split it seems wrong.
  • Options
    bazzer said:

Mercury said:

bazzer said:

Mercury said:

Even with a debit card though, I don't think 10C have any control over the charge. You could probably ring your card company and get them to fast-track it.

Reading your post again, I guess you're still hopeful you might be getting it though right? Well, if so, good luck! :smiley:

Not really, I think I got shut out, I'd just like them to clarify that once and for all, there's enough of us that experienced this issue that an answer is warranted and then when will our funds be released?

Actually all of walkunafraids questions are valid, but I'd settle for those two questions I posed being answered.
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    edited April 2015
    Hopefully, we will hear something from them tomorrow.
    I am very unpatient with stuff that I am passionate about, so I hope I'm having a busy week ahead of me so that work can distract me :lol:

Post edited by Leezestarr313 on
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,879

on2legs said:

on2legs said:

on2legs said:

mace1229 said:

I certainly am not waiting for answers from you, but thanks for speaking for the 10 Club.

In terms of the answers I want from them: a) Why were a second wave of vinyls released when some had pending CC charges, order confirmation, but no vinyl? ; b) What happened that allowed credit cards to be charged but no order #s to be issued? (despite what you think you know, this was not just a server issue -- the site crashing or not being able to handle that much traffic is a server issue, but the site working, allowing people to proceed through an entire order, submit credit card information, and receive a confirmation page with a blank order number is NOT due to server overload); c) When am I going to get my money back?
    Very legitimate questions.
    Questions that need to be answered.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    edited April 2015

on2legs said:

on2legs said:

on2legs said:

mace1229 said:

A) there was a glitch due to an overwhelming amount of web traffic.

B)there was a glitch due to an overwhelming amount of web traffic.

C) as soon as possible.

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,369
    Mercury said:

The charge may not complete. What people seem to forget is credit card charges start out as temporary authorizations. The transaction doesn't finalize until the merchant finalizes it. You don't generally find out if the charge dropped off or became permanent for 3(ish) business days. My guess is all the people wrongfully charged will see the charges spontaneously disappear after about 3 business days (By Thursday?). It's like filling up with gas and it preauths $150 but a few days later it's the $50 you actually bought in gas or the $1 netflixs charges to determine if your card works, but the $1 drops off.

I do agree the communication could be better. A simple note sayings we're sorry for the issues this morning, anyone who has the order in the their transaction history is ok, sorry to everyone else. The preauth charges should drop off your cards in 3 business days.
  • Options
    doctorvikdoctorvik granger, IN Posts: 123
    "I do agree the communication could be better. A simple note sayings we're sorry for the issues this morning, anyone who has the order in the their transaction history is ok, sorry to everyone else. The preauth charges should drop off your cards in 3 business days."

If it helps I got an email from 10c shipping that basically says that
  • Options
    Zod said:

Mercury said:

I do agree the communication could be better. A simple note sayings we're sorry for the issues this morning, anyone who has the order in the their transaction history is ok, sorry to everyone else. The preauth charges should drop off your cards in 3 business days.
    Yes, it wouldn't be that hard to tell us that. Surely they know the outcome.

• Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,212
    edited April 2015

on2legs said:

mace1229 said:

Well put. My transaction went through at about 2:43am NZT & yet I still don't have a confirmation e-mail or anything in my order history(as many others) & yet more items were listed for sale at 3:05am NZT(by which time I'd gone back to bed)?? If that was the case then I should have got one. Anyway I knew It was a long shot getting one so I'm just keeping my fingers crossed although at it's not looking good. :(
    Post edited by morello on
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    jrock60jrock60 Posts: 76
    This is the first time i ever tried to purchase something off the site during a frenzee. I expected some issues as there were but was pretty painless considering. Got the member issue kept trying and eventually worked. What really sucked about this whole thing was the backlash and complaining.
    I'll ride the wave...
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,322
    URthekey said:

I think one of the major problems with the server not being able to handle the demand of any of these popular sales...tickets/merch etc., and what factors into all the quirky checkout errors is that the website allows multiple sign ins under the same username.
    Its no secret that one of the strategies to being successful in these type of sales is to have multiple tabs, in multiple browsers on multiple devices open at the same time under the same username. If the website was set up to allow you to sign in only once with your username that would eliminate duplicate accounts and cut traffic (and bullshit) down significantly.

I agree this is something they should find a way to address. The fact that people had multiple orders go through should be a clear indication that something needs to be done to prevent logging in from multiple locations simultaneously.
    It wouldn't cure all the issues, but would certainly lighten the load on servers and help smooth things out.
    This weekend we rock Portland