Options

Record Store Day Mystery Vinyl

Comments

• Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 2,003
    cdysinge said:

Not if it was a limited item with no more available. Amazon cancels orders all the time for that reason. People expect more from 10c than they do anyone else.

Amazon isn't a good example. Everytime I've complained to them they've given me something free. The last time it was an $80ish dollar item.
  • Options
    PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,049

cdysinge said:

Not if it was a limited item with no more available. Amazon cancels orders all the time for that reason. People expect more from 10c than they do anyone else.

People don't pay $50 a year to be a member of Amazon
    No, its $99 a year.
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
  • Options
    MercuryMercury Posts: 382
    Just because the stakes aren't life or death doesn't mean that the way they handle things isn't pissp
  • Options
    scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,434
    cdysinge said:

My biggest fear is when we as a fan club show them so much hatred when they tried to do somthing cool the response will be no more of that then and we all lose. This is a band fan club that sells shit. Yes they are selling stuff and should have better customer service but how can you expect them to be ready for this when no giant online retailer like amazon could handle this load at one moment. And while a lottery sounds great people will just pine to go back to this when they miss out. Its a lose/lose for them no matter how they do it. If they go back to pop up shops everyone will bitch that only a couple markets could participate. The end of result of this will be no more cool ideas and sales.

I feel the same way. You get some, some you don't.
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,152
    hrd2imgn said:

hrd2imgn said:

the biggest suck of it all is I did NOT go support my local store to try for this, now I and many others, end up with nothing but wasted time. I hope the TC does everyone right, I really do

Why would you skip a once a year event where you're guaranteed something at least by going instead to stay home and try for something you KNEW was a crapshoot and that you may get nothing at all for? Don't understand this decision.

waiting in line for 5 hours to maybe get lucky enough that your store has what you want is really no better a chance than the stuff here, and I wanted the stuff here more than a Metallica cassette or 45
    Fair enough then we'll have to disagree. I bet if you waited for 5 hours at your store you'd have gotten almost everything that you wanted, and also all week long people posted about how not to get your hopes up for the 10c sale. Everyone had 8 days to decide what to do, and most people realized that they could do this online while at rsd and that it was going to be a shit show no matter what. I must have read 200 posts mentioning how it was going to be a big mess. Anyhow, I'm sorry you didn't get the mystery vinyl- I promise that if I get a duplicate of something I already have, I'll pm ya to see if you need it.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957
    doctorvik said:

cdysinge said:

again notice my wording - I didnt say they would give me that item but they would make it right. If I was at walmart and in line and told I had the item, charged for it, and I could not try to get it again because the limit was one but then they didnt give me the item ... they would do something to make it right. Tc not so much
    I also doubt Walmart or Amazon would issue absolutely no response at all to it's customers. I'm sure they would just leave it up to people on their message boards to defend/explain things. I don't even log on to the boards anymore. They make my head hurt. The only reason I logged on today was to find out what the hell happened to my order since 10c still hasn't told me shit. That is Grade A customer service right there.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,679
    FR181798 said:

Anyone else picture the Ten Club warehouse looking like that scene at the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark. Crates full of Benny's etc. I was sucessfull today but yeah the website just couldn't cope. We all knew it would happen so why didn't Ten Club know? I guess that's what everyone's wanting to know. As soon as I stopped refreshing and waited each page out, it was much smoother. Looking at the numbers, it definitely looks like there could be some disappointing mystery packages but just happy to get the opportunity and can't wait to see what everyone gets. eBay is going to be flooded with PJ records around July hopefully for better prices than normal. Surprised there has been no one selling their sealed mystery package

I think 10C did know. There just wasn't anything they could reasonably do about it. That's why they had the cancelation disclaimer.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Sarava said:

cdysinge said:

Amazon isn't a good example. Everytime I've complained to them they've given me something free. The last time it was an $80ish dollar item.
    Really? I have had several items just cancelled by Amazon. What they do is sell items thst aren't even available in the first place. All I get is an email telling me they can't provide the item after all, sorry.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    edited April 2015

doctorvik said:

cdysinge said:

again notice my wording - I didnt say they would give me that item but they would make it right. If I was at walmart and in line and told I had the item, charged for it, and I could not try to get it again because the limit was one but then they didnt give me the item ... they would do something to make it right. Tc not so much
    I also doubt Walmart or Amazon would issue absolutely no response at all to it's customers. I'm sure they would just leave it up to people on their message boards to defend/explain things. I don't even log on to the boards anymore. They make my head hurt. The only reason I logged on today was to find out what the hell happened to my order since 10c still hasn't told me shit. That is Grade A customer service right there.
    You guys are giving an awful lot.of credit to Walmart. You all must live near a much better Walmart than I do, lol. ;)
  • Options
    pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    With so many people accidentally ordering multiples, I think the 10C is going to refund all orders over 1 so that everyone gets the one per limit we were told... I also think they will restock the site, and the image is back up with buy buttons. Says sold out, but that could change. Keep watch fellow vinyl fans! http://pearljam.com/goods/index.php?cPath=7
  • Options
    kenkkenk Posts: 210
    Sounds like i'm screwed then as well with the blank order # and then not being able to buy another. I've been fairly lucky in the past but this one stings because of the inability to purchase one later. I assumed i was all good once i saw the cc charge. It's 100% an issue on their end. They can't say the order didn't go through if they charged out cards. but from what everyone is always complaining about here it seems they never bother to work and fix issues. they just tell everyone they are sol. i'll just go into it with no expectations next time.
  • Options
    Rob_VRob_V Posts: 1
    Money drawn from cc, no email or ordernumber, STILL i couldnt buy one after that since i already had "bought" one, what a fucking joke, even politicians are more reliable than 10C
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,737
    I bet ten club can't wait to offer us such a cool opportunity again ... .. 57 pages!!! Mostly whining ... Yes it wasn't too smooth and yes it was a tough hour or so... But really?? The funny thing is a lot of people who tried today already have everything on offer....

At the end of the day they really can't win it seeks. They could do a lottery but some would moan that they lose out when they don't get picked and they pay a fee to enter a lottery that removes any advantage they have in scoring via any skills they have

I knew they'd get moaning today but I hadn't anticipated this level.

I'm not sure if my order processed purely because I haven't had an email but it's in my order history? Who knows, but it's cool, we all knew well in advance that a 1000 bundles we're going to create a little chaos.

It's like taking a holiday to the UK and moaning it rains when you get there ...
  • Options
    aurynsdadaurynsdad Posts: 844
    edited April 2015
    10/31/93 Berkeley (Baba!) • 10/1/94 Bridge School • 9/16/96 Seattle (In My Tree!) • 10/19/96 & 10/20/96 B. School (Alt Corduroy & Alt Porch!) • 10/25/03 B. School • 6/1/03 Mtnview (Crazy Mary! You Are!) • 11/29/13 Portland (All Those Yesterdays! Even Flow!) • 10/25/14 Bridge School (Rain! Fuckin Up! TOTD!) • 5/13/22 Oakland (had to leave early, but W.M.A.! Immortality!) • 5/13/24 Sacramento (Light Years! Picture in a Frame!)
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    edited April 2015
    On my PC now(couldn't get into 'order history' from my phone & still no confirmation e-mail & nothing in my order history. It's not looking good for me. I'm keeping my fingers crossed though!
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    starmap3333starmap3333 Posts: 3,925
    I totally forgot, checked at 11:30 EST and they were gone. It's cool because I woulda got Tres Mts and the toothless 10c single anyway. :0)
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,959
    edited April 2015
    Almost glad I was at a funeral today and didn't even attempt to buy or read all of these wonderful posts. Congrats to all the people that got through.
    I m thinking tomorrow is a good day to announce a 72 show world tour.
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    Sarava said:

cdysinge said:

Amazon sold a bunch of MIB singles even though it was RSD and fan club only. Do you think everyone who ordered got a gift to make it right. F no they didn't.

You pay the fan club for:

a) the chance to get fan club tickets
    b) the chance to buy fan only new goodies (this is older stuff and doesn't count)
    c) the chance to be with your fellow pearl jam fans online
    d) the single and deep magazine

This was something different they tried. They showed it didn't work but for everyone to start saying fuck 10c will only cause things to get worse. No more mystery boxes, no more mystery vinyl, no more cool things they may try. I don't want to belong to that 10c.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    mandarine65mandarine65 Posts: 133
    People are missing the point here, I do'nt care about Amazon, when Ticketmaster shows are sold out, it says sold out and you cant proceed anything, actually going through the purchase and getting a confirmation on your screen "thank you We received your order", being unable to purchase on a second run "because you already got one" and ending up with nothing is complete BS/malpractice/treating your customers like S!
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    pdalowsky said:

It's like taking a holiday to the UK and moaning it rains when you get there ...

hehehe

aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    joberschlakejoberschlake Columbus, OH Posts: 1,179
    I'm over the fact that I had one in my cart for 40 minutes, went thru checkout, and entered my CC info, got charged, and never got a confirmation email. At this point, if I didn't get one, PLEASE give me my money back. If I got one, please send me the confirmation email.

On another note, other bands that are much newer with lesser income and money making abilities are able to handle this sort of thing MUCH better. Figure out a better way to do this. This isn't 10C's first rodeo with something like this.

Today was a major fail.
    1998: Cleveland
    2000: Cincinnati, Columbus
    2003: Cleveland, Columbus
    2004: Toledo
    2006: Cleveland, Cincinnati, Gorge Night 1
    2008: Washington D.C.
    2009: Chicago Night 1, Seattle Night 1, Philadelphia Night 3, Philadelphia Night 4
    2010: Columbus, Indianapolis, Cleveland
    2011: Detroit EV, Chicago 1 EV
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Chicago, Pittsburgh
    2014: Cincinnati
  • Options

I'm over the fact that I had one in my cart for 40 minutes, went thru checkout, and entered my CC info, got charged, and never got a confirmation email. At this point, if I didn't get one, PLEASE give me my money back. If I got one, please send me the confirmation email.

On another note, other bands that are much newer with lesser income and money making abilities are able to handle this sort of thing MUCH better. Figure out a better way to do this. This isn't 10C's first rodeo with something like this.

Today was a major fail.

What other poorer new bands have this kind of thing at all, and with the same kind of demand? I have never seen any other band offer a mystery vinyl sale.
  • Options
    camaroscamaros Posts: 1,003
    pdalowsky said:

The funny thing is a lot of people who tried today already have everything on offer....

this is the fucking truth... period.
    i like sound...
  • Options
    walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,560
    I'm not usually one to complain about things on here. 10C Member since 1997, so for years I've dealt with server issues, demand far exceeding supply, even dinged-up posters and damaged/erroneous items. I've never complained about not getting tickets, or about being shut out of anything. It happens, especially when there are so many people trying to buy a limited amount of something at once. Generally, it's not 10C's fault, so I'm not going to take out my disappointment by bashing them.

HOWEVER...

For those in the same boat as I am -- getting your credit card charged and getting a confirmation screen, yet getting no order number, no confirmation email, and THEN BEING SHUT OUT OF THE SECOND WAVE OF THE SALE -- I'm sorry, but it's completely wrong of the 10C to do nothing for these people. We were on at the right time. We got through. We entered our CC info. We were approved. We were charged. We were given a confirmation (albeit not an email one). And then, at least in my case, when I realized my order may not have gone through, we hung around for a long while afterward to try again. And then everyone did have a chance to try again --- including people who had just wandered on late, not even knowing about the sale when it occurred -- EXCEPT FOR US. Everyone who didn't get one the first time, either because they couldn't get through or because they weren't around, had a second shot to buy the Mystery Vinyl EXCEPT FOR A NUMBER OF PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY DID GET THROUGH, GOT CHARGED, GOT A CONFIRMATION, YET DIDN'T GET AN ACTUAL ORDER.

I'm sorry, but in no way, shape, or form is it fair to shut out certain members of the fan club from getting a second chance when everyone else has that chance, especially when those people had diligently worked to get in the first time and actually made it through.

Do I understand that sometimes errors happen and shitty servers etc. are out of the 10C's control? Of course. But that doesn't justify simply doing nothing except saying "sorry for the inconvenience" and simply moving on. That's fucked up. Just because you're not a traditional retailer and you know people will be back to buy shit regardless of your customer service, doesn't make it right to just ignore all standards of customer service and refuse to do anything for people who completely got the shaft. This wasn't just a server issue, this was an issue were certain people who had done nothing wrong were directly blocked from getting a chance to purchase the vinyl when everyone else had that chance. I've worked in retail enough to know when shit like that happens, you, as the retailer, do something to compensate for it. I don't get how people are saying there's nothing they can do. There's plenty they can do. It doesn't have to be filling these orders, but for fuck's sake, do SOMETHING for people who got screwed over. It's not that fucking hard.
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options
    What did you have in mind? What could PJ do for you? Do you mean you think they should come up with more merch so they can send you something random for this sale, or are you thinking something else?
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Really disappointed with how this went down. I'm not one to complain usually, but this was horrible.

Had it in my cart only to have it sold out from under me. It's just bad business, in my opinion. Granted, it was a long shot to receive what I was looking for, but I didn't even get a chance. I'll be switching to digital from now on.

To those that got them to go through, sincere congratulations.

To the 10C...please address the order/ticket/server/etc issues once & for all.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,560
    PJ_Soul said:

What did you have in mind? What could PJ do for you? Do you mean you think they should come up with more merch so they can send you something random for this sale, or are you thinking something else?

It's not that hard. Simple rule in retail is that if a customer's order is not fulfilled due to something that is not his/her fault, you acknowledge the error and try to retain the customer by offering a token of forgiveness such as a discount toward a future purchase. No, I don't expect them to fulfill this order with other merch, but a simple $x off coupon for a future purchase or a free digital boot or SOMETHING would go a long way to easing people's anger. I guarantee you if they were actually worried about losing business over this, they would be scrambling to come up with a means to make up for the error.
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options
    rhianon.drhianon.d Posts: 17
    My ten cents - this is the first year I've joined the 10 club being a fan for too long now. For the money and the privilege - my one year will be enough after this debacle. Being in Australia - the price to join the club and getting a sticker pack and a single for US $50, the chance to buy a vault package that was delayed by a big period of time, arriving damaged, huge postage costs and then to be putting in your credit card details and then blank screen - this will be my first and last year in the 10 club. I think it's time to be just a fan of the music...
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,856
    rhianon.d said:

My ten cents - this is the first year I've joined the 10 club being a fan for too long now. For the money and the privilege - my one year will be enough after this debacle. Being in Australia - the price to join the club and getting a sticker pack and a single for US $50, the chance to buy a vault package that was delayed by a big period of time, arriving damaged, huge postage costs and then to be putting in your credit card details and then blank screen - this will be my first and last year in the 10 club. I think it's time to be just a fan of the music...

I pay my $20 a year...
    Just to talk here on the forum....

Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

It's not that hard. Simple rule in retail is that if a customer's order is not fulfilled due to something that is not his/her fault, you acknowledge the error and try to retain the customer by offering a token of forgiveness such as a discount toward a future purchase. No, I don't expect them to fulfill this order with other merch, but a simple $x off coupon for a future purchase or a free digital boot or SOMETHING would go a long way to easing people's anger. I guarantee you if they were actually worried about losing business over this, they would be scrambling to come up with a means to make up for the error.
    So they should give a bunch of stuff away for free?
    They were careful to have a disclaimer. Everyone read it. They are under no obligation IMO. There was even a discussion a couple days ago where some were saying they HOPED that 10C would be letting a ton of people complete their order and then just randomly cancel abandoned bunch, because that would be equivalent to a lottery. The disclaimer about cancellations got people thinking about that.