Options

Record Store Day Mystery Vinyl

Comments

• Options
    En La ClandestinidadEn La Clandestinidad Telford, PA by way of Kansas City, MO and Milwaukee, WI, Phoenix, AZ and East Greenbush, NY Posts: 3,625

When you guys say "no order number", did you see a number when you completed the transaction? I did not make a screenshot of mine, but I remember there was a confirmation number or something. So what happens if you saw that number, but still got nothing but a pending charge?

I didn't get an order number on mine. If you got an order # then I would imagine you were good to go
    Formerly Brew Crew Tix
    “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    I love you guys!!!!
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    Thank you for the thorough response, F Me :plus_one: I am asking for somebody else, but I guess we will have to wait and see what happens tomorrow. They did not make a screenshot of the number screen. I have never participated in the mystery sales before cause the contents never really interested me. I am very excited about this one and hope to get something cool, like everyone else. A Benny would be a dream. oh my. But there's plenty of other stuff that is quite interesting too. The purchasing process did not ruin my Saturday, actually I was in a great mood afterwards. and I hope they continue doing stuff like this. When I got the "only available to members" screen, I scrolled down the second time and saw that the "proceed to checkout" button was available, and clicked. I thought that it must be a glitch. It is unfortunate that it happens at times like this when emotions are boiling high, but it is not the end of the world. And folks around here must be kind us used to that stuff by now anyways :lol: This was the only RSD activity we allowed ourselves this time around and I am happily looking forward to getting something nice in the mail.
  • Options
    walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,569

<

You are kidding right? I was on here at 10 exactly spent an hour of my day at this. My card has a pending charge but no order number, history, confirmation, etc.. Fine, so I log back in to try again and it says I basically I already purchased the item and can't do so again. Then, I see people on here an hour later logging in and getting a confirmation email 2 min. later saying their purchase went through when I don't have the ability. THERE IS something WRONG with that situation. You really can't deny that. Most people in are fan clubs to have unique opportunities to get cool unique stuff. We don't pay money to get ten club stickers and screwed out of the cool things most of the time. I know they have their policies and they really don't care sometimes.

Thank you. I honestly don't understand why some people are criticizing those who are in this boat for being upset. If I hadn't got one due to server overload or simply too much demand vs. supply I wouldn't be upset.

But to watch scores of people gleefully post about how they got in during the second wave of the sale and received confirmation emails and order numbers almost immediately, while I'm sitting at my computer being told that I'm not allowed to purchase one during the second wave because supposedly I had already bought one, knowing full well that my "purchase" didn't count and that I am helpless to do anything about it, and ultimately ending up with nothing despite having my credit card charged and receiving a "confirmation" screen thanking me for my purchase... I'm sorry, but that's not right.

Again, I don't blame the 10 Club for the credit card / order issue that caused this, but I do feel it's right that they do something to address this situation.
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346

When you guys say "no order number", did you see a number when you completed the transaction? I did not make a screenshot of mine, but I remember there was a confirmation number or something. So what happens if you saw that number, but still got nothing but a pending charge?

I didn't get an order number on mine. If you got an order # then I would imagine you were good to go
    Fingers crossed. For you too.

• Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,507
    When I read threads like this sometimes I wonder if I'm in the Pearl Jam fan club forum or the Frozen fan club forum. People need are waaaay too bitter about missing out on a record.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    Well...after 24+ hours I can say that the overwhelming feeling for me is just sheer disappointment. I was/am a little late to the vinyl game and I had hopes that I'd be able to fill a few of the many holes I have in my collection. The technical issues that I experienced on the website were very frustrating and I will quietly add my voice to those who have suggested that the issues need to be addressed.

I am very happy for those who got in and will receive some vinyl. I hope everyone gets at least one item they need/want.
    Raleigh, NC., 8/31/98, Charlotte, NC., 8/4/00, Greensboro, NC., 8/6/00, Mountain View, CA., 10/31/00, Raleigh, NC., 4/15/03, Charlotte, NC., 4/16/03, Mountain View, CA., 10/25/03, Asheville, NC., 10/6/04, Philadelphia, PA., 10/3/05, Washington D.C, 5/30/06, Virginia Beach, VA., 6/17/07, Philadelphia, PA., 10/28/09, Charlottesville, VA., 10/29/13, Charlotte, NC., 10/30/13, Memphis, TN., 10/14/14, Greenville, SC., 4/16/16, Hampton, VA., 4/19/16, Raleigh, NC., 4/20/16, Columbia, SC., 4/21/16, Boston, MA., 8/5/16, Boston 9/2/18 & 9/4/18., Nashville, TN., 4/2/20., Nashville, TN., 9/16/22.

EV Solo - Washington, D.C., 8/17/08, Atlanta, GA., 6/24/09, Orlando, FL., 11/27/12.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,727
    on2legs said:

When I read threads like this sometimes I wonder if I'm in the Pearl Jam fan club forum or the Frozen fan club forum. People need are waaaay too bitter about missing out on a record.

Wait, there is a frozen fan club? :bee:
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    foodshop65foodshop65 Connecticut Posts: 730

i got one at the end of purchase but no email or order history
    CC hit/pending
    hope i'm in, glad i have company!
    Randall's Island 9-29-1996, MSG 9-10/11-1998, Meadows, CT 9-13-1998, Sacramento 10-30-2000, Bridge School 10-26-2002,MSG 9-8/9-2003, Hartford 2013, Amsterdam 2014(2), Memphis 2014, MSG 5-1/2-2016, Fenway 8-7-16, Fenway 9-2/4-18 MSG 9-11-22
  • Options
    Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790

on2legs said:

Wait, there is a frozen fan club? :bee:
    H2TM is the president and CEO. Yes, he is also a customer.

Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options

I got a confirmation page that thanked me for my purchase and told me I would receive an email, but next to "Order Number" there is a blank spot.

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,372
    Remember this from Brad K? When he had one of those big poster sales? From an old newsletter ..

"Let's all keep our fingers crossed ... and remember there are a lot of people out there hitting the site at once, it's like Mr. Burns and his Three Stooges Syndrome."

The exact same thing happened yesterday here @ the 10club store. When you have thousands of 10club members trying to process an order all at once, when there's only a few hundred Mystery Vinyl orders to be sold, not all will be able to enter that door.

• Options
    PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,049
    jervin007 said:

I don't think Third Man would ever do an online mystery vinyl sale @ a scheduled time. They have always been about random drops.

If they have something very limited to sell (which is often) it always has to be an in store purchase where people camp out to get stuff. Most of these items are never available online

PJ Did that at the Seattle popup shop, and people on here lost their minds saying they should be able to have the option to buy these albums as well. I think this was the best way to appease everyone. You're not hearing from the people who got one because they have nothing to complain about, you're only hearing from the people who have everything to complain about on a beautiful spring day.
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
  • Options
    evdjj3jevdjj3j Old Mountains Posts: 114

Where's the fans that are happy they even sold their vinyl stash? I'm one.

They had a warehouse full of shit that's worth a lot of $$, and instead of auctioning it on ebay for charity (which is a fantastic thing in its own right) they offered it to their grumpy, entitled fans. That's badass! Chill out if you didn't get one, just be thankful to 10c for selling them and not hoarding them!

I'm guessing they won't be doing this again for a long time though after everyone cried and whined. No more vinyl for a long long time. Good job entitled children.

They WILL, I'm guessing, be selling No Code/yield reissues this year though.

Seeing how I paid for a 10Club membership I am entitled to not being told I am not a member for the first 15 minutes of the sale. Sometimes people are actually entitled. So take your right wing buzz word and stick it up your ass.
  • Options
    doctorvikdoctorvik granger, IN Posts: 123
    demetrios said:

Remember this from Brad K? When he had one of those big poster sales? From an old newsletter ..

"Let's all keep our fingers crossed ... and remember there are a lot of people out there hitting the site at once, it's like Mr. Burns and his Three Stooges Syndrome."

The exact same thing happened yesterday here @ the 10club store. When you have thousands of 10club members trying to process an order all at once, when there's only a few hundred Mystery Vinyl orders to be sold, not all will be able to enter that door.

yes but many were allowed to enter the door -- got kicked out and then were not allowed to try to re enter the door even though people behind them got through the door and were allowed to stay. That is the issue. Any rate people are right - its just a record - but the way that this is / was handled leaves a bad taste in a lot of peoples mouths and even though I doubt they will leave it is the exact opposite of how PJ actually treats fans --
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,587
    evdjj3j said:

They had a warehouse full of shit that's worth a lot of $$, and instead of auctioning it on ebay for charity (which is a fantastic thing in its own right) they offered it to their grumpy, entitled fans. That's badass! Chill out if you didn't get one, just be thankful to 10c for selling them and not hoarding them!

I'm guessing they won't be doing this again for a long time though after everyone cried and whined. No more vinyl for a long long time. Good job entitled children.

Seeing how I paid for a 10Club membership I am entitled to not being told I am not a member for the first 15 minutes of the sale. Sometimes people are actually entitled. So take your right wing buzz word and stick it up your ass.
    WoW!!
    So much anger
    But then again I guess you're entitled to be sooooo angry over not being able to buy the record you needed soooo badly.

Namaste
  • Options
    ejpejp Posts: 20

<

But to watch scores of people gleefully post about how they got in during the second wave of the sale and received confirmation emails and order numbers almost immediately, while I'm sitting at my computer being told that I'm not allowed to purchase one during the second wave because supposedly I had already bought one, knowing full well that my "purchase" didn't count and that I am helpless to do anything about it, and ultimately ending up with nothing despite having my credit card charged and receiving a "confirmation" screen thanking me for my purchase... I'm sorry, but that's not right.

Again, I don't blame the 10 Club for the credit card / order issue that caused this, but I do feel it's right that they do something to address this situation.

I'm in the same boat as above - got my card charged and then later watched people posting to the 10c facebook group that they were completing purchases. I still don't have a definitive answer from 10c, but if my purchase falls through and there are other people who were scoring after me, then that's pretty frustrating. It's like waiting in line at a store, grabbing your item, going to check out, paying, then being herded off to the side while the line continues and over 24 hours later still unsure of what is going on.

• Options
    Has anyone asked why Pearl Jam would choose to have such a potentially great event on the same freaking day as Record Store Day, when things are at an absolute fever pitch?

Not to mention that most people in the 10 Club who were interested in this sale were already standing in line with the rest of the schmucks at some record store!

This was not thought out very well at all. Any time I've communicated with the Ten Club about an order, etc., they're not necessarily nasty or impolite, but they never, ever apologize or admit to making any sort of mistake.

We'll see if things change this time around...
  • Options
    ejp said:

<

I'm in the same boat as above - got my card charged and then later watched people posting to the 10c facebook group that they were completing purchases. I still don't have a definitive answer from 10c, but if my purchase falls through and there are other people who were scoring after me, then that's pretty frustrating. It's like waiting in line at a store, grabbing your item, going to check out, paying, then being herded off to the side while the line continues and over 24 hours later still unsure of what is going on.

More like grabbing your item, standing in line, purchasing it and being handed a receipt, having your item taken from you as you're walking out the door and re-stocked for others to buy, then watching helplessly as person after person walks out happily and successfully with the item you once had while you're forced to stand on the sidelines with nothing except a cold "sorry for the inconvenience."

• Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,660
    I think the only aggravating part is that 10C probably doesnt care about all of the problems, just the fact that they sold everything.

its silly to be upset about missing out on records but a good business needs to keep working on making itself better.
  • Options
    Becca1Becca1 Posts: 176
    No worries for everyone that didn't get through... 70% of the people that got through will be bitching that they didn't get something good after they arrive..
  • Options
    As stated, should have been a lottery. Wake up, check your email, and found out if u "won". Saves everyone time, no one is as pissed as they are now, and ten club makes their money
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,152
    evdjj3j said:

Lol.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    pantelis79pantelis79 Posts: 156

I think the only aggravating part is that 10C probably doesnt care about all of the problems, just the fact that they sold everything.

This would happen for sure. Selling the way they did, through lottery, though regular mail orders wouldn't make a difference. They would sell everything.
    2006/09/30 Athens, 2007/06/12 Muenchen, 2007/06/13 Katowice, 2007/06/18 London, 2009/08/13 Rotterdam, 2009/08/15 Berlin, 2010/06/30 Berlin, 2010/07/10 Lisbon, 2011/09/03 Alpine Valley, 2011/09/04 Alpine Valley, 2012/07/07 Stockholm, 2012/07/08 Oslo, 2012/07/10 Copenhagen, 2014/06/16 Amsterdam, 2014/06/17 Amsterdam, 2018/06/18 London, 2018/07/01 Prague, 2018/07/03 Krakow, 2018/07/05 Berlin...
  • Options
    jonsey30jonsey30 Rochester Hills, MI Posts: 998
    I do like the lottery idea for limited releases just like the ticket process. Would still be people bitching about the lottery, and how "F5" was so much better.

I just hate the idea that you getting to buy one only depends on the server working at the exact moment that you click "Add to Cart" and then again when you click Check Out, and then confirm address, and again when you enter CC information, and then again when the confirmation comes through. Too many instances for shit to break down.

If no lottery, upgrade servers to allow everyone, even if it is a million people, onto the site, and then the first 1,000 to add to cart are the winners. There are milliseconds between when people click the mouse, and the site should be able to recognize that. If the transaction doesn't go through, those are put back in the stock.

I'm not bitter, just suggestions. I may still get one; I have a pending CC charge. If not, whatever. They'll make reproductions some day.
    7/19/13 - Wrigley Field, Chicago, IL
    10/11/13 - Pittsburgh, PA
    10/12/13 - Buffalo, NY
    10/16/2014 - Detroit, MI
    5/10/2016 - Toronto, ON
    3/24/2020 - Hamilton, ON
    9/7/2023 - Chicago, IL

• Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,041
    I keep seeing comments about those of us who are upset are just entitled little punks who didn't get our piece of plastic.
    One, it's not just a piece of plastic, everyone has a collection that is worthless to someone else, but valuable to them. Stamps are just a piece of paper to me, but worth thousands to someone else.
    And two, I feel many, like myself, are more upset about the circus act and lack of communication than not actually getting any vinyl. To be told I'm not logged in or not being able to complete the order, and having the item in my cart for 40 minutes only to be told it is sold out and no longer available, then to empty my cart and re-list it without warning. Why was the shopping cart cleared for some and not others, why was it relisted while many still had it in their cart? Why was there zero communication throughout the whole process? I was only willing to waste my hour because I assumed since I had one in my cart I'd eventually be able to complete the checkout process.
    I knew it was a popular item and didn't actually expect to purchase one, but I didn't expect everything to go down the way it did either. No one is entitled to anything here, but the process was such a joke. If I was told 5 minutes into it that it was sold out, I wouldn't have cared and moved on.
  • Options
    mace1229 said:

I keep seeing comments about those of us who are upset are just entitled little punks who didn't get our piece of plastic.
    One, it's not just a piece of plastic, everyone has a collection that is worthless to someone else, but valuable to them. Stamps are just a piece of paper to me, but worth thousands to someone else.
    And two, I feel many, like myself, are more upset about the circus act and lack of communication than not actually getting any vinyl. To be told I'm not logged in or not being able to complete the order, and having the item in my cart for 40 minutes only to be told it is sold out and no longer available, then to empty my cart and re-list it without warning. Why was the shopping cart cleared for some and not others, why was it relisted while many still had it in their cart? Why was there zero communication throughout the whole process? I was only willing to waste my hour because I assumed since I had one in my cart I'd eventually be able to complete the checkout process.
    I knew it was a popular item and didn't actually expect to purchase one, but I didn't expect everything to go down the way it did either. No one is entitled to anything here, but the process was such a joke. If I was told 5 minutes into it that it was sold out, I wouldn't have cared and moved on.

The restocking of sold out items during sales like this happens pretty often. It's just a fact of life when the servers are overwhelmed.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    evdjj3jevdjj3j Old Mountains Posts: 114

evdjj3j said:

WoW!!
    So much anger
    But then again I guess you're entitled to be sooooo angry over not being able to buy the record you needed soooo badly.

Namaste
    No I'm entitled to what I paid for.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    jonsey30 said:

I do like the lottery idea for limited releases just like the ticket process. Would still be people bitching about the lottery, and how "F5" was so much better.

I just hate the idea that you getting to buy one only depends on the server working at the exact moment that you click "Add to Cart" and then again when you click Check Out, and then confirm address, and again when you enter CC information, and then again when the confirmation comes through. Too many instances for shit to break down.

If no lottery, upgrade servers to allow everyone, even if it is a million people, onto the site, and then the first 1,000 to add to cart are the winners. There are milliseconds between when people click the mouse, and the site should be able to recognize that. If the transaction doesn't go through, those are put back in the stock.

I'm not bitter, just suggestions. I may still get one; I have a pending CC charge. If not, whatever. They'll make reproductions some day.

People can make endless suggestions and the ten club could listen to them all and people would still find a reason to complain.

Example - if they bought better servers the items would just sell out quicker. Then people would be on here complaining that they nver even saw the "buy" button before it sold out.

If there's one thing Pearl Jam fans are experts at it's complaining. Like hall of fame level complainers.

• Options
    on2legs said:

mace1229 said:

The restocking of sold out items during sales like this happens pretty often. It's just a fact of life when the servers are overwhelmed.
    The restocking of sold out items, yes.

The restocking of items that have already been sold and charged to one's credit card, not so much.